PDA

View Full Version : Shortcomings of Arcane Staff

Kingofninjas
02-12-2016, 03:01 AM
Since STS is not commenting on any of the various threads about the arcane staff, I'll make a new one summarizing the issues. I hope they actually read it, and test it and give it a slight damage buff.

1) Charging the staff to proc it costs mana. It does say we are procing a new spell, so I understand that, but 6-7% is a bit excessive IMO.

2) Skill damage is significantly less than a same gemmed wisdom gun (80-90 less). Daggers were in a similar place, but got buffed.

3) The stat bonus of the arcane staff is less than that offered by the sword and daggers. Daggers get Int, dex, str, crit and hp. Sword gets int, str, crit, hp and mana (which is important for set tanks). Staff only gets 4 stats (int, str, crit, and hp) compared to daggers and swords 5. Some armor, or extra crit on the staff would be nice.

4) Unnaturally long charging time for a staff. Seeing as it is a dps weapon, it shouldn't take longer to charge than a gun. However, since the proc is so good, a longer charge time than the gun is understandable. I think reducing the charge time by .5 seconds should be enough to please most of us.

In conclusion, a slight damage buff (equivalent of roughly 60 skill damage), some stat and a slight reduction of charge time would be ideal. Also would be great if we could hear from devs whether the proc costing mana was intending, and if it was, why it costs so much mana.

illwilly
02-12-2016, 03:36 AM
Since STS is not commenting on any of the various threads about the arcane staff, I'll make a new one summarizing the issues. I hope they actually read it, and test it and give it a slight damage buff.

1) Charging the staff to proc it costs mana. It does say we are procing a new spell, so I understand that, but 6-7% is a bit excessive IMO.

2) Skill damage is significantly less than a same gemmed wisdom gun (80-90 less). Daggers were in a similar place, but got buffed.

3) The stat bonus of the arcane staff is less than that offered by the sword and daggers. Daggers get Int, dex, str, crit and hp. Sword gets int, str, crit, hp and mana (which is important for set tanks). Staff only gets 4 stats (int, str, crit, and hp) compared to daggers and swords 5. Some armor, or extra crit on the staff would be nice.

4) Unnaturally long charging time for a staff. Seeing as it is a dps weapon, it shouldn't take longer to charge than a gun. However, since the proc is so good, a longer charge time than the gun is understandable. I think reducing the charge time by .5 seconds should be enough to please most of us.

In conclusion, a slight damage buff (equivalent of roughly 60 skill damage), some stat and a slight reduction of charge time would be ideal. Also would be great if we could hear from devs whether the proc costing mana was intending, and if it was, why it costs so much mana.

After some testing, this is my opinion.
1. Im fine with the mana cost. 2. Yes, spell dmg is noticable lower then wisdom gun, but im not to upset with it, the extra spell kindof makes up for that.. 3.seems unfair, yes, some armor, abit more crit or heave dodge would be fair.. 4 chargetime is way to long, my ping beeing less then 200 and still way to long. On bosses we want to stay ranged, and auto attack with staff is useless on boss then, would be nice to manage one charged in between skills (use 4x dmg skills at all times).

Summary:
Lowering charged time would pretty much fix this staff imo.
And a little bigger area of the spell would be nice, we are mages and standing on the tank is usually not the best place to be when fighting hard hitting foes..

will0
02-12-2016, 04:12 AM
Another point: When Two mages uses arcane staff, charge staff spell cancel one another spell, the range of the buff is already so small why is the spell cancelling each other when cast... (someone mentioned it on another thread as well http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?297603-POSSIBLE-Bug-arcane-staff

robetbee
02-12-2016, 05:26 AM
Another point: When Two mages uses arcane staff, charge staff spell cancel one another spell, the range of the buff is already so small why is the spell cancelling each other when cast... (someone mentioned it on another thread as well http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?297603-POSSIBLE-Bug-arcane-staff
Yes its true s*ck

neuzihi
02-12-2016, 07:04 AM
I tested the arcane weapon,i cant agree more,the charge buff limit our movement and it costs a lot of mana,the DoT and buff are suck comparing to tanks and rogues new arcane weapons. Arcane weapon for tanks can stun and cook all the enemies,it s op.Rogue s weapon can stun. For mage? Nothing special and suck, it s junk and even wit gun is better!

Kingofninjas
02-12-2016, 10:32 AM

True. I admit the proc shouldn't stack, but there should be as many active as there are staffs on a team.

Spell
02-12-2016, 11:42 AM
True. I admit the proc shouldn't stack, but there should be as many active as there are staffs on a team.

Completely agree with this. I hate when im with another sorc and im trying to stay safe within my proc circle then poof its gone and i lose my buff due to the fact that the other mage charged his staff across the map.....please sts let there be at least 2 procs at a time.ofc dont let them stack i agree.

Jaffakex
02-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Yup. A lot of issues and it seems nobody at sts cares deep about them.

Jazzi
02-12-2016, 12:02 PM
The thing is, that the staff is extremely good in PvE. The best mage weapon by far.

As for PvP I can't really comment, but arcane daggers are not the best in PvP either ;)

Zeus
02-12-2016, 12:19 PM
I agree, King. I would buff up the staff damage so that it is a similar skill damage deficiency as daggers vs. bow. The mana cost should be reduced to 2-3% and a bump in crit is also reasonable. Lets make this happen! This will still keep the gun useful and also keep the staff viable as well.

Kriticality
02-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Buff the staff. Make skill damage higher. Proc cheaper with bigger range and shorter charge time. And pls add more str or crit. Also add stun on charge proc. TY

Kingofninjas
02-12-2016, 06:36 PM
The thing is, that the staff is extremely good in PvE. The best mage weapon by far.

As for PvP I can't really comment, but arcane daggers are not the best in PvP either ;)

This thread is PvP oriented. Also, I think the 500 hp the daggers give for a mere loss of 20 skill dmg makes it the best weapon for rogue in PvP.

Jazzi
02-12-2016, 06:53 PM
This thread is PvP oriented. Also, I think the 500 hp the daggers give for a mere loss of 20 skill dmg makes it the best weapon for rogue in PvP.

382 health with same gems/jewels more with daggers. ;). Anyway I understand that the thread is PvP oriented, but this is a primarily PvE game and it is primarily in PvE where weapons have to be somewhat balanced :)

Gorecaster
02-12-2016, 07:49 PM
I agree a stat buff, slightly shorter charge time and a similar dmg increase like the daggers saw, would balance out these 3 weapons relatively well.

robetbee
02-12-2016, 08:31 PM
*keep this up*

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk

Ebezaanec
02-12-2016, 08:33 PM
1. Reducing mana cost would be nice
2. Buffing skill damage would put it on nice footing like the Arcane dags and sword
3. An extra stat bonus would be great. Maybe armor since we have to run near mobs for staff charging?
4. Reducing charge time would be absolutely great. With lag issues and attack-canceling mobs, a faster charge time would be much appreciated.

And allowing multiple Consecrate spells to be cast (no stacking) would be a good idea too.

Eskaygee
02-13-2016, 12:38 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Seeing these changes would improve my love for the staff tremendously. It's very tedious having to charge the staff for so long just to see a proc that's range is so small and mana draining. Was it worth the gold? Yes. Are we asking for a lot to be changed with the staff? Not at all. I'd love to see some of these changes take play in game. Great looking out for the smurfs of Arlor. Take care. :D

Kingofninjas
02-13-2016, 02:43 AM
382 health with same gems/jewels more with daggers. ;). Anyway I understand that the thread is PvP oriented, but this is a primarily PvE game and it is primarily in PvE where weapons have to be somewhat balanced :)

Let's skip the PvE vs PvP debate. I say this thread is PvP based because most buffs/ nerfs come from a necessity in PvP. Some examples are the arcane maul and Elon bulwark. Sns too. My personal focus in AL is PvP, so I am naturally more interested in the PvP balance. I don't PvE enough to know the implications of all these shortcomings in PvE, which is why I am not speaking about the staff from a PvE point of view.

Jazzi
02-13-2016, 05:59 AM
Let's skip the PvE vs PvP debate. I say this thread is PvP based because most buffs/ nerfs come from a necessity in PvP. Some examples are the arcane maul and Elon bulwark. Sns too. My personal focus in AL is PvP, so I am naturally more interested in the PvP balance. I don't PvE enough to know the implications of all these shortcomings in PvE, which is why I am not speaking about the staff from a PvE point of view.

Let's not talk about 2-3 years old weapons please :) . Game is completely changed in that time and most people playing the game now weren't around back then. Anyway most people don't PvP.

Since you don't play pve I will help you understand: if the changes you are asking for were to be implemented the staff would be extremely unbalanced in PvE, there will be no reason to even consider the gun as an option and 4 mage pts will be a viable option in all maps but arena ;)

Runel Joseph Ruiz
02-13-2016, 07:52 AM
So i just tested the staff in duel with a friend. So the Damage reduction buff doesn't stack on nekro shield and shield of mages :/ and on top of it the skill damage of staff is lesser than the glint gun. Feel kinda dissapointed, perhaps ill just buy the arcane sword for my warrior.

Kingofninjas
02-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Let's not talk about 2-3 years old weapons please :) . Game is completely changed in that time and most people playing the game now weren't around back then. Anyway most people don't PvP.

Since you don't play pve I will help you understand: if the changes you are asking for were to be implemented the staff would be extremely unbalanced in PvE, there will be no reason to even consider the gun as an option and 4 mage pts will be a viable option in all maps but arena ;)

Good for mages. It's been that way for rogues for a while now. Let's have mages reign in PvE for a while. Also, the only reason the staff is OP in PvE is because of the dot proc. I don't see how a slight damage and crit boost will make runs significantly faster. A fraction of a minute, maybe. Dominating timed runs? No. From what I hear about the dot proc, the gun isn't an option in any map but ones where you basically 1 hit mobs, so I don't see the issue. Anyways, aren't arcanes supposed to be the best? In all aspects of the game? They always have been and I don't see why the mythic gun should be better than the staff in any way. If people are okay with having the next best weapon and saving gold, then let them go for the gun. If they want to pay a few extra million, but the staff. It needs a buff. Saying the gun will no longer be an option is how it should have been to begin with. Same with the bow. Look at the tank weapon. Glintstone mauls are no longer used. Aegis's aren't used much either.

And an example is an example. Saying that it's an old examples doesn't make it any less valid in this case. My point still remains. Buffs/nerfs usually come from necessity in PvP. There are entire lvls (1-43 in fact) dedicated to solely PvP, with the exception of 15, which is also dedicated to timed run banners. Saying people mainly PvE isn't entirely accurate.

will0
02-13-2016, 08:51 PM
Mage suppose to be good at DOT not only a weapon, thus FB / Gale or Ice... the Arcane staff DOT is good but is rare process .... out of 15-20 x i use auto attack maybe once it process... how can this be arcane the best?

Charging the staff way too long and it almost too hard to do so in PVP if you are being gang or there are no equal number of team in your VS.

The life steal 7% (PVE) is a good AA but it is too rare and doesn't even work in PVP (2.5%) with such a short range weapon i.e staff ... how do we get kill? at least the dagger stun and you have chance to do your AS..

Of all the multiple threads on the issue of arcane staff i dont see it as a priority for STS, a slight comment of the dagger short coming i see couple of DEV responded and looking in to it much sounds like the old arcane staff when it was just introduce ... takes months before anything was done.

Diggdugg
02-13-2016, 11:12 PM
The problems I see are:
1. Proc waaaaay too rare for a arcane staff heck you don't even know that it's proc it's so rare.
2. There is only on attack, while every other arcane weapon has a charged attack this staff has a really slow charged defensive spell that doesn't cause damage to enemies as an attack.
3. The charged spell confines the party members to such a small area it becomes a death trap. Common knowledge is to continually move around to stay alive long (especially as a soft squishy Mage) but now to use the spell we are confined to a small area that prevents us from moving, and gives the mobs an easy target.
4. Stats are lopsided from the other arcane weapons
5. If more than one staff is charged they cancel out each others charged spell... Really sts

Adel Hesham
02-14-2016, 12:29 PM
Sts always ignores Magea and always develops tanks and rouges ............[emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20]

I'am Too Old To Play Games

kappnobatai
02-14-2016, 09:37 PM
I just have problems with proc time charge, seems it take more time than normal skills, this is useless on pvp and pve, also, skill damage..... STS take a look on this problem :ambivalence:

bonjovi3223
02-14-2016, 11:39 PM
Sts always ignores Magea and always develops tanks and rouges ............[emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20]

Yes, old ppl complain too much also.

Imhotepx
02-15-2016, 08:40 AM
Yes i agree with king
Less damage skill
Charge very long for proc (cost 7%mana)and if u play with 2+ mage arcane staff the proc delete the other we dont fight in same position

konafez
02-15-2016, 03:20 PM
I know I'm bout to get flamed for this...but here I go..

Before the arcane came out someone posted a thread asking what everyone's thought on the up coming arcanes ...I said

The rogue weapon will be great ( check)

The warrior weapon will be broke (check) ( I also said it would take 6months to fix it and I was wrong there)

And the mage weapon will be OK but mages will complain till they are given a staff that launches atomic weapons at people..(annnnnnnd check)

You see where I'm going with this..

will0
02-15-2016, 10:09 PM
I know I'm bout to get flamed for this...but here I go..
Before the arcane came out someone posted a thread asking what everyone's thought on the up coming arcanes ...I said

The rogue weapon will be great ( check)

The warrior weapon will be broke (check) ( I also said it would take 6months to fix it and I was wrong there)

And the mage weapon will be OK but mages will complain till they are given a staff that launches atomic weapons at people..(annnnnnnd check)

You see where I'm going with this..

I woud say the same about warrior crying being nerf of arcane sword cause there is a bug and they felt powerful cause of it... This is a thread about mage staff damage and AA issue not asking for nuke staff as I wish too... Mage always play a third rate to on class on this game.. Mainly defensive not offensive skills

konafez
02-15-2016, 10:55 PM
You sir, have been eating the Bologna ...you missed my point entirely

illwilly
02-16-2016, 02:57 AM
You sir, have been eating the Bologna ...you missed my point entirely

Yore point is trolling a constructive post.. its fact that mages whine less then rogues, but its just natural, its less mages, so complaints and fixing a mage thing take longer then rogue..

konafez
02-16-2016, 03:58 AM
Yore point is trolling a constructive post.. its fact that mages whine less then rogues, but its just natural, its less mages, so complaints and fixing a mage thing take longer then rogue..

No sir, stop drinking the cool aide and pay attention..

The point I was making is this is the same thing that happens every time Sts tries to add some balance to the game

Everyone just losses there minds

Same posts over and over, year after year

Bunny♥
02-16-2016, 04:41 AM
Yes, buff mage! Lol

illwilly
02-16-2016, 05:43 AM
No sir, stop drinking the cool aide and pay attention..

The point I was making is this is the same thing that happens every time Sts tries to add some balance to the game

Everyone just losses there minds

Same posts over and over, year after year

Agree same happen every time, but do you agree its balanced now? 1 less stat on the staff, and charging time for the "ekstra" spell take forever.. dont worry, staff will never be prefered weapon in pvp.
This kindof posts from rogues in a mage fix thread make me want to change my opinion on this staff from needing shorter charge time, to need 150+ dmg 1more stat like other arcanes, and shorter charge time.. and better looks, miss my kershal effects o.o

Xstealthxx
02-16-2016, 06:28 AM
lol it will take time before they make changes for mages.. unlike rouges they easily get what they want in two to three days.. just wait guys soon they will change it.. I hope they make the charged be around the mage for 10 secs and charging of 0.3 secs.. just hoping.

Scry
02-16-2016, 07:23 AM
Agreed, staff should get a slightly improvement and i'd like to suggest that the buff shouldn't stay in one place just like glint gun proc, instead make it as a buff around the mage so they can carry it supporting party members because it is smaller and they quicky walk out of it at a boss fight.

Kingofninjas
02-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Agreed, staff should get a slightly improvement and i'd like to suggest that the buff shouldn't stay in one place just like glint gun proc, instead make it as a buff around the mage so they can carry it supporting party members because it is smaller and they quicky walk out of it at a boss fight.

That's a great idea! I would have no issues spending 3 seconds to charge it if it followed me around. The main reason I want a shorter charge time is because in PvP at least, mages are usually out of its area of effect in 3-5 seconds and then have to cast another one.

konafez
02-16-2016, 01:09 PM
Agree same happen every time, but do you agree its balanced now? 1 less stat on the staff, and charging time for the "ekstra" spell take forever.. dont worry, staff will never be prefered weapon in pvp.
This kindof posts from rogues in a mage fix thread make me want to change my opinion on this staff from needing shorter charge time, to need 150+ dmg 1more stat like other arcanes, and shorter charge time.. and better looks, miss my kershal effects o.o

..OK...listen to me now and hear me later...

Do I think things are balanced ..oh no there not, do I think Sts s trying to balance the game, yes I do

But no one wants to give them a chance, that just wanna flip out

And not a rogue bro, not a rogue

And before you go there, yes I know the sword
was bugged, and yes I know it needed to be fixed

Francisco Escobar Reyes
02-16-2016, 02:48 PM
arreglen carga de tienpo y mana alos war y rogues solo lo mejor y los magos nada con arcane arma los magos no son buenos en pvp ni contra gefes arcane armas war y rogue produce dano y mago estabs deven dar avilidades similares de pelea para que sirva en pvp y en los jefes

Kingofninjas
02-17-2016, 01:29 AM
When you use charge proc? Me have always nekro shield or mage shield. It no stack with proc.

In a clash, my Nekro and shield often break, or since I am using sns, my teammates Nekro timing isn't ideal. Also, I charge it for my team rogues when they have no Nekro.

Deathlyreaper
02-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Devs pls reply to this thread

Jaffakex
02-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Charge time should definitely be faster. Even maul is faster lol.

will0
02-18-2016, 12:55 AM
Not even the slightest hint they are even going to fix are buff the inferior staff (3) pages of this thread..... Disappoining game.. Boring aps and love craft event

Kingofninjas
02-18-2016, 01:13 AM
Devs pls reply to this thread

That was the intended purpose of the thread. Clearly devs don't seem to be interested. Given how long mages had to wait for a a shield buff, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any improvements on staff.

Bluebatthing
02-18-2016, 01:27 AM
I have a mage, but I don't own the staff. However, seeing how fast the arcane blades got buffed while this thread haven't got a single reply from STS, I have to say, this IS Rogues' Legends.

bonjovi3223
02-18-2016, 04:54 AM
I am still wondering whether I should buy the staff.

Darkquantum
02-18-2016, 09:49 AM
I am still wondering whether I should buy the staff.
If the staff gets the buff it would be wise to own one beforehand.
If the staff doesn't get the buff it seems you waisted you gold. Its a gamble at this point. I think at the very least the devs are aware of the issues. I think it will get buffed providing good amount of people keep talking about it. If you give up almost definitely nothing will happen.

Jaffakex
02-19-2016, 06:48 AM
Ok. The biggest drawback as of now - leaving aside everything else - is that Consacrates cancel each other out.
So you have 2 mages. Both of them charge Consacrate and you basically rob the other mage of everything. His spell will be cancelled out. His mana will be spent. This is terrible.
I get that we dont want Consacrates stacking. But for the sake of harry potter and all mages, let there be more Consacrates at once!
You must not be able to rob a mage on other side of screen of his buff and mana if You charge your Consacrate.
This basically means "only one mage in pt is good".

Remiem
02-19-2016, 03:34 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for your feedback on the Arcane Staff. It's definitely a little different than the other Arcane Weapons, but not in a bad way! Keep an eye out for an upcoming post from Carapace with some more info on how you'll get the most out of your staff. :) In the meantime we'll continue to collect your feedback and suggestions about the weapon.

Adel Hesham
02-20-2016, 12:03 PM
Yes, old ppl complain too much also.
Dont know what to do man [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] ...... stil our weapons r expansive too [emoji53] [emoji53] [emoji53] [emoji53]

Edjoash de Leon
02-21-2016, 01:45 AM
Good day sir remiem ! :) because youre part of AL moderators, please make the fire, blood, and glacial gem come back again. hehe. thank you. ^_^