View Full Version : Dagger auto attack animation bug!

twoxc
02-12-2016, 12:56 PM
as title speak for itself. the animation of rogue doing an auto attack with dagger is delayed and bugged. can't tell if the auto attack is working or not unless you see damage appear onto of enemy, which is quite annoying. and from my experience the auto attack isn't as smooth as all other dagger like there's a delay after using skills. you have to pause and wait 2 second before the auto attack is triggered.

please just look into it.

meidei
02-12-2016, 01:20 PM
i support this. this need fixing. buff again arcane dagger.

Kakashis
02-12-2016, 02:23 PM
It's a legit issue!

mesalin
02-12-2016, 02:24 PM
I agreed. My hit is much faster using mythic daggers or even legendary daggers 46
Seems like bug. I hope so

<Forgiveness>

Serancha
02-12-2016, 02:26 PM
I posted this elsewhere last week, but since it's on topic and didn't get fixed, here's a revisit:

A test of these new daggers compared to older generations of blades (alps, dimensional, mountain teeth, goblin skewers, magmatic etc.) shows that the animation / attack speed on the new Dragon blades is reduced by 1/3 to 1/2 compared to the speed of the others. The animation seems to have changed to remove much of the fast slicing and use more of the slower kicks.

I have always preferred daggers to bows, almost entirely because they have such a nice fast responsive feel to them. I find this slowed down action to be distracting and awkward. One would think that an arcane weapon would be at least as fast as the crate daggers from earlier seasons. We need to get some proper dagger-ish speed out of these.

twoxc
02-12-2016, 03:00 PM
I posted this elsewhere last week, but since it's on topic and didn't get fixed, here's a revisit:

A test of these new daggers compared to older generations of blades (alps, dimensional, mountain teeth, goblin skewers, magmatic etc.) shows that the animation / attack speed on the new Dragon blades is reduced by 1/3 to 1/2 compared to the speed of the others. The animation seems to have changed to remove much of the fast slicing and use more of the slower kicks.

I have always preferred daggers to bows, almost entirely because they have such a nice fast responsive feel to them. I find this slowed down action to be distracting and awkward. One would think that an arcane weapon would be at least as fast as the crate daggers from earlier seasons. We need to get some proper dagger-ish speed out of these.

amen couldn't have said it better myself. but yea if sts would just take a quick look at how slow the attacking speed is or could just be the animation. its annoying and we never know for sure if our auto is working or hitting the mob or not.

Serancha
02-12-2016, 08:26 PM
amen couldn't have said it better myself. but yea if sts would just take a quick look at how slow the attacking speed is or could just be the animation. its annoying and we never know for sure if our auto is working or hitting the mob or not.

This happened with the elite daggers in season 3 (looted in Windmoore harbour). It was so bad they were unuseable and dropped to 2k value before they got fixed.

The dimensional crate daggers were actually the fastest feeling dags ever. I'd pay a lot for a set of arcane blades that felt that good.

greekAL
02-13-2016, 12:36 AM
Yep that needs a look for sure even if just animation bug i want to feel faster with daggs !

Thexkid
02-13-2016, 11:48 AM
Agreed! And fix the proc issue seeming to cause daggers to not proc when an enemy is immune to stuns during the encounter. Then you got yourself a nice pair of quick daggs.. i prefer daggers, feels like you have more control, Ninja style! And im also not sure if its animation or not but its inconsistent with pauses and hard to see you normal attack when spamming between skills, while throwing combos.. More testing and fixing plzzz and take your time :D

Yumisa
02-18-2016, 01:06 PM
Completely agree, it auto attack animation seems completely off, it seems very slow for some reason, obviously there has to be a bugfix for this, not a buff....

Xxdisarrayxx
02-18-2016, 03:19 PM
Agreed!!! Please fix sts!! +1

Serancha
02-22-2016, 08:54 PM
Any word on this, Devs? It shouldn't be hard to fix as we had the same bug on the legendary dags in season 3.

Sipoz
02-22-2016, 11:10 PM
Hopefully they fix this

Zynzyn
02-23-2016, 07:03 AM
as title speak for itself. the animation of rogue doing an auto attack with dagger is delayed and bugged. can't tell if the auto attack is working or not unless you see damage appear onto of enemy, which is quite annoying. and from my experience the auto attack isn't as smooth as all other dagger like there's a delay after using skills. you have to pause and wait 2 second before the auto attack is triggered.

please just look into it.

Totally agree. Since the last few days, there is some bug. Attacks are delayed and not consistent with triggers even though ping remains fine.

Kakashis
02-28-2016, 03:07 PM
I can't even see my toon doing attacks sometimes when running

Thexkid
02-29-2016, 11:38 AM
I can't even see my toon doing attacks sometimes when running

Thats because your toon is attacking so quick, its hard to actually see it xP jk but on a Real note.. your toon still attacks its just a minor animation bug so just spam normal attack along with ur skills as usual. The whole proc relying soley on the initial stun is the mayjor issue/bug. Fix em both, why not?