PDA

View Full Version : New To the Forum

AOmonsta
07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Hey people. I've recently started playing Pocket Legends and love it. This is the 1st MMORPG I've ever played, didn't know what i was missing. Since I live where there is no high speed internet, this game has gave me an awesome gaming experience for only needing a 3G connection.

Little about my character: I'm a level 31 Archer. As I played, I realized I am probably more of a Elf character, but I stick with it. I just finished up the Lost Expedition missions, I am now just playing those levels to rank up before moving on to the next town. I also enjoy doing the crafting mission to get the gems and recipes.

Questions:

My characters name in the game is like Saaz... something, is there any way to change it? I would like to be AOmonsta like my screen name here.

Also I saw the thing about the CTF game and extra levels you can purchase, My question is are they worth it in quality and in the amount of people playing those games?

Thanks.

JaytB
07-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Hey people. I've recently started playing Pocket Legends and love it. This is the 1st MMORPG I've ever played, didn't know what i was missing. Since I live where there is no high speed internet, this game has gave me an awesome gaming experience for only needing a 3G connection.

Little about my character: I'm a level 31 Archer. As I played, I realized I am probably more of a Elf character, but I stick with it. I just finished up the Lost Expedition missions, I am now just playing those levels to rank up before moving on to the next town. I also enjoy doing the crafting mission to get the gems and recipes.

Questions:

My characters name in the game is like Saaz... something, is there any way to change it? I would like to be AOmonsta like my screen name here.

Also I saw the thing about the CTF game and extra levels you can purchase, My question is are they worth it in quality and in the amount of people playing those games?

Thanks.

Hi, and welcome to the forums :)

A bird is a good char to start with IMO. You can always make a Mage later on :)

As for your screen name. You can change it, but it will cost you 50 plat. Your name is your identity, that's probably the reason behind the high price. It can't be changed easily.

About pvp, I can't help you :)

AOmonsta
07-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Well I guess I'll just keep the name haha. It's all good, people just call me Saaz. I'll get the exact name later.

Pharcyde
07-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Do not purchase Capture the Flag, nobody plays it. Player vs. Player on the otherhand, loads of people are in those games.

Like JaytB said, you can change your name for 50 platinum. Or you can purchase an additional character spot, make it a mage, and name it AOMonsta. This option only costs 5 platinum, and you also get the character that you think you would like to play.

AOmonsta
07-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the info. How about the additional dungeons you can purchase? A lot of people on those?

Kraze
07-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forum first of all. As someone who also plays only on a 3G connection (yes I'm that cheap in RL too mystic) pvp can be really dicey as I seem to lag more in pvp games than anywhere else. But try the "free" pvp maps out see how ya like it. Be warned trolls may be lurking and ignore will be your friend

Pharcyde
07-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info. How about the additional dungeons you can purchase? A lot of people on those?

Yes and no.

Dungeons worth the platinum: Frozen Nightmares, Sandstone caves

Dungeons worth the platinum, but not played often: Shadow caves

Dungeons that aren't worth the price: Wyldwood, croc feud, skellar crunch returns.

Register
07-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the STS forums! Its a great big world here! Please report inappropriate character names to support[at]spacetimestudios.com, replacing the [at] with @.

AOmonsta
07-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks I may have to give in and purchase some platinum haha.

Also since I am an archer, but use weapons like staffs, does that deter the ability of my character or anything. I like the weapons with the most damage.

I also like to use only Pink items.

AOmonsta
07-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I can't even remember my own character name haha. Where they come up with these?

Zaltiar
07-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Welcome to pl Aomonsta! :D,

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

AOmonsta
07-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Welcome to pl Aomonsta! :D,

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Pokechmp
07-03-2011, 12:12 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/laugh%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E4%5E_%5E5%5E_%5EWelcome!%5 E_%5E.gif to the forums!

Fyrce
07-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Welcome!

You can try to get free platinum through TapJoy. Tap your Menu, tap Store, tap Free Platinum -- it's a separate company STS has an agreement/synergy program with. Usually you download a program and try it and get a platinum for trying that program out. Mostly you download the program, open it and that's enough to get your free platinum. It's really useful for some of the extras, especially when you are just starting out. Such as an extra character slot or extra inventory.

I would probably hold off on the platinum campaigns for a bit, unless you have the spare free platinum. Most of them are elite or elite-ish campaigns, i.e. they are hard for their level. I would recommend exploring the whole main spine (free dungeons) and when you are done there, then consider the paid ones. By then, you should be ready to explore the elite stuff.

AOmonsta
07-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Good advice. I still have a lot of free missions yet to explore.

abstract
07-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the Pocket Legend Community.

ZeraJade
07-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Welcome! All the above pretty much answered your questions.

I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to quests. For low level wyldwood can give decent drops to sell and decent quest reward weapon (lvl 17 pink I think - useless to you now) I've got Skeller Returns and have done it, but can't remember a thing about it! Croc Fued I think gives decent equip quest rewards for your level. Is it worth the plat? Eh, idk.

If you do frozen nightmare wait until you are a higher (50+) lvl. You don't earn xp after 32 and it's real hard at a low lvl and the rewards are same as the dungeon drops from behind Ryon(?) just in a different color.

If you need quest help msg me in game :)

Otukura
07-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Get CTF!!!

Endgame 5v5 CTFs are really common. My favorite play mode.

AOmonsta
07-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks. I think I messed up in the beginning by spreading out my skill points to all the categories. It has held me back from certain weapons and what not. I may get platinum just to reset those, and those points you get for the other stuff.

AOmonsta
07-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Get CTF!!!

Endgame 5v5 CTFs are really common. My favorite play mode.

Yea I was thinking about it because I've always preferred objective games over deathmatch.

Otukura
07-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Yea I was thinking about it because I've always preferred objective games over deathmatch.
We've got arond 40 regulars playing it now, so it's not too hard to find a game. Anywhere below the level cap, and you won't see a single match.

AOmonsta
07-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Quick question: Can someone explain the basics of a guild? Thanks.

Kraze
07-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Quick question: Can someone explain the basics of a guild? Thanks.

Tbd as far as I know. They haven't added em in to game as of yet so for now they are informal.