PDA

View Full Version : Best PL Day Ever?

noobmigo
07-01-2011, 04:45 PM
We had a Worst Experience thread, Ima do a Best Experience thread.

My best day was TODAY!

Two of my BESTEST BUDDIES came back, "FlyingHawaiian" and HerWolf! ALSO, I FINALLY completed TWO TRANSACTIONS as part of the MM! Sign of good things to come!

WOOOOOTEN! BEST PL DAY EVER IS TODAY FOR ME!

Kraze
07-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Hmm first hour of AO1 prior to patch seemed like every mob you killed was dropping a pink.

noobmigo
07-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Hmm first hour of AO1 prior to patch seemed like every mob you killed was dropping a pink.

Mob? :O

EDIT: Wewps, exaggeration. -Hits head-

Ayc2000
07-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Yay! Grats for your migomarket too... Idk about my best day...maybe when I got my first million

nmyxspaceship
07-01-2011, 05:01 PM
When I turned 55 for sure hmm wait maybe when I got zombie voodoo robes in a drop

noobmigo
07-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Yay! Grats for your migomarket too... Idk about my best day...maybe when I got my first million

TYTY!

That first million does make you a bit giddy.

CanonicalKoi
07-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Wow! It's so much easier to pick out "worst" days because there's fewer to choose from. Best days?
Finding my first group to regularly play with.
The day I met my best friend in the game. He's still my bestest buddy and makes me laugh every single day.
The days where I get to meet folks from the forum and actually play with them. (This game really needs an electronic autograph album. "*Swoon* It's Haikus!!! Squee!!! It's Apollo!!! Kingofhurtz!??! Sign my armor!!!" Lol.)
The day I built Rauen and birding finally clicked.
The day Rauen made 56 and 100k kills.
The day Grievousangel made 56. That would be yesterday with largest thanks and hugs to Apollo and everyone else there! And my thanks to them, too, for having the ability to make XP grinding fun. *That's* a talent. :)

noobmigo
07-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Wow! It's so much easier to pick out "worst" days because there's fewer to choose from. Best days?
The day I met my best friend in the game. He's still my bestest buddy and makes me laugh every single day.
The days where I get to meet folks from the forum and actually play with them. (This game really needs an electronic autograph album. "*Swoon* It's Haikus!!! Squee!!! It's Apollo!!! Kingofhurtz!??! Sign my armor!!!" Lol.)
The day Grievousangel made 56. That would be yesterday with largest thanks and hugs to Apollo and everyone else there! And my thanks to them, too, for having the ability to make XP grinding fun. *That's* a talent. :)

That was me. Ages back. ;) I would do that too.

Nightarcher
07-01-2011, 05:59 PM
My best economic day in PL was back when Fury Fighter sets were pretty expensive, and the sword and shield went for 1M a piece easy. I had 2-3M cash, and I wanted to try out a Fury Warbird, but didn't want to buy the set.

So... I went and farmed Catacombs for a while, maybe an hour or two, and on one run where I joined late, I stood in the room where the Ooze miniboss spawns because they were almost finished killing Trash Heap. Lo and behold, I got a FF 1h sword drop the day I set out to farm one! I was pretty shocked, but it gets better. I then went to the Stronghold in hopes of getting a shield, and within half an hour after getting the sword, a FF shield dropped on me.

Needless to say, I was quite happy. :cool:

KingFu
07-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Lol. Dropping the golden Isis swords, those were the coolest items ever:/

Ug. Far too many. Farming wise? A week after BS release. Looted tons of pinks. In general no clue lol

Zeus
07-01-2011, 06:09 PM
The day I met my friends and was accepted into the PL community. Some of you may know me from earlier back in AO2. I was one of the most obnoxious people out there, probably still am to a few. Used to be in the top 5 richest in Alterra. (Fabz and me ranked everybody at the time). I was highly greedy, only thought of myself. Then, due to that. The game got boring and lots of real life matters kicked in all the same time, so I took a break for two months. I came back and tried to turn over a new leaf. It appears to have worked, but to this day, I'm still pretty ashamed for how I was then. :).

Also, big shout out to Dawninfinity and Satha. They were there for me since the very beginning. Even though I annoyed the hell out of Steph (not surprised), it still flummoxes me why she didn't just ignore me. Lol, truly an awesome GOA and definitely worthy of her status.

Ephemeris
07-01-2011, 06:15 PM
February 28, 2011: The day that Trent Reznor won an Oscar. I am sure that I was in-game grinding away with no special drops worth noting, but this special day sticks out. :-P

I am, of course, kidding (well, kind of...) but I had a very similar day to CanonicalKoi some number of weeks ago. I had recently hit 55 and decided to go the Pally route (Fury). After looting my first piece, the helmet (the cheapest piece, no doubt), I decided to go ahead and buy the chest. I had just about enough for the axe, so I went ahead and bought it (back when it was 525K), too. Two runs later, the shield dropped for me. Then, probably 10 runs after that, another axe dropped (which I sold for slightly less than what I had paid for mine in the CS). All-in-all, I ended up with full Fury after basically paying for just the chest that day -- not too shabby. No set bonus, in case you're wondering, since I didn't have the sword (which has alluded me to date -- I've seen it drop numerous times, though).

Ayc2000
07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
A few? Lol, you should hand out swoons :) when I first joined forums I was like OMG!!!! I saw you in cs! Please be my friend! Grats for making 56, wish I were there :cool:

thugimmortal
07-01-2011, 06:48 PM
my best day was when i fist installed pl and logged in for the first time and saw the 3d mobile mmorpg in all its glory. I knew that pl was going to be the best mobile game id ever played. My android is the first android phone ive had. Before that I was playing sony ericsson java games lol.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

noobmigo
07-01-2011, 06:56 PM
The day I met my friends and was accepted into the PL community. Some of you may know me from earlier back in AO2. I was one of the most obnoxious people out there, probably still am to a few. Used to be in the top 5 richest in Alterra. (Fabz and me ranked everybody at the time). I was highly greedy, only thought of myself. Then, due to that. The game got boring and lots of real life matters kicked in all the same time, so I took a break for two months. I came back and tried to turn over a new leaf. It appears to have worked, but to this day, I'm still pretty ashamed for how I was then. :).

Also, big shout out to Dawninfinity and Satha. They were there for me since the very beginning. Even though I annoyed the hell out of Steph (not surprised), it still flummoxes me why she didn't just ignore me. Lol, truly an awesome GOA and definitely worthy of her status.

Agreed on Dawn. I had no clue about you being obnoxious and rich though. Although you are rich still..

CanonicalKoi
07-01-2011, 07:44 PM
A few? Lol, you should hand out swoons :) when I first joined forums I was like OMG!!!! I saw you in cs! Please be my friend! Grats for making 56, wish I were there :cool:

I swear I swooned when I met you in-game! :D And those were some fun XP runs. Don't hesitate to holler if you want some company grinding.

Jabalba
07-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Aww I feel poor cuz I never had 1 million I just have 500k

Kakatoa91
07-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Best day... probably the 1st day when i found and dl PL last year.
For 20 years been playing games on computer, never thought there would be a mmo of this quality on handphone size this soon.
That was a nice surprise.

Riccits
07-02-2011, 09:03 AM
when i got the founders helm!!! :rolleyes:

FloooH
07-02-2011, 09:39 AM
mmmh best day..
When i downloaded PL ;-)

Fyrce
07-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Any time I'm on PL and actually feel like doing something is a good day. Actually, when I'm not doing anything but chatting and emoting -- that's a pretty good day also.

Dropping 4 BS recipes in like 2 hours was pretty amazing.
Being on right as the SC drop update happened was pretty funny.
Anytime I got blasted through a wall, stuck in a wall/column, shot at invisible spots on floors, or saw the default object was pretty neat.

[Ha! I was sure I had a parth on ignore :P ]

noobmigo
07-02-2011, 08:19 PM
These have been the BEST two PL days of my life!

Some random guy, Sotir, gave me 315k and an OL Rift helm. :confused: Ty for his kindness.
And like I said before, my two buds came back.

Buddyf97
07-02-2011, 11:36 PM
I think my best day was getting a Zuraz Shpck lance just a few minutes after the update came. I was swarmed with people... I felt like a celebrity.