PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends: Alterra at War Episode 1: Vindicta Chapter 2: Escape

RushalotPL
02-13-2016, 01:42 PM
Pocket Legends: Alterra at War
Episode 1: Vindicta
Chapter 2: Escape

Mikhailov: “This way…”
He held up high the flaming torch as we walked. Inside the mausoleum, I can feel the breeze passing by in my face as I heard silence. Our armor went clanking as we walked the hallway, packed with tombstones, cobwebs, and skeletons. The next moment, he sat down on the stone casket.
Mikhailov: “Alterra was once a kingdom, filled with peace and harmony. Now… no more, but when we take over Alterra, things will change…”
I nodded silently, after I listened his speech. He got up, and seemed to be in a rush.
Mikhailov: “If we want to meet with the UUSR, we must hurry!”
The clinking of our boots kept repeating as we passed the tombstones and the hisses of spiders. There was an old marble staircase, and we busted out. The gray clouds surrounded me because there was not even a single sunlight. The gigantic trees were everywhere, as if they were alive and surrounded us. I saw a town, but it seemed to be deserted. The villagers must have evacuated from the civil war.
Mikhailov: *murmuring* “Forest Haven… Must’ve been attacked…”
Mikhailov: “No time to waste. Let’s see if there are some survivors…”
This was a bad idea. The next thing you know it, we’re having an one way trip to death. This wasn’t like Forest Haven before. Why? Buildings and homes into ruins, and the Sheriff’s Department, transformed into bricks and flames. Suddenly, a group of soldiers arrived. Without a word, Mikhailov ran towards to a random house as I followed him as an assistant. Inside, we stood there quietly, like a statue.
Mikhailov: “Dark Alterrans. Let them pass...”
As the patrol passed, one of the soldiers (An Ursan) with an axe, spotted at the window. My horror kept flooding inside my mind like water. It seems he didn’t spotted us, because he went away from the window. The next thing I knew, he gave a holler.
DA Soldier: “RUSHIANS! RUSHIANS! THEY’RE HIDING IN THIS HOUSE!”
Mikhailov: “They’ve found us! We have to get out! Get down!”
Outside, there was shouts and roars of DA rebels. The windows shattered into pieces and the DA elves had flames in their hands and fired at the building. As we crawled like snakes, Mikhailov said to me.
Mikhailov: “They’re trying to burn us out! We need to get out of here!”
The building suddenly bursted into flames, as if it was wearing a burning coat. I felt the warmth in my body and sweat poured down to my face like raindrops. As we got up, Mikhailov headed to the staircase and I followed him. The second floor was creaking as we ran. Suddenly, I heard explosions nearby.
Mikhailov: “The DA’s using the elves for artillery!”
He noticed a big hole from the wall, our exit from the burning building.
Mikhailov: “This is our way out! JUMP!”
KA-BOOM! We jumped and felled to the hard, stone ground. We laid there unconscious because we were dehydrated from all the running and the flames. Suddenly, I heard a shout.

To Be Continued...