PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Guild Tabards

xBearSpiritx
07-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Hi Dev's,

as an added feature, would it be possible that you could somehow implement Guild Tabard's into the game, as an extra vanity item, which could be purchased from the store using Plat/Gold?

I think this would be a great idea for players allowing them to represent their membership in a guild or (for roleplay purposes) allegiance to a particular group.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and whether it would be possible. I would also like to hear the opinions of members of this community ;)

Regards,

xBearSpiritx.

xBearSpiritx
07-02-2011, 07:15 AM
C'mon peepulz.. would no one like to see this kind of thing implemented in-game?

/BUMP

lUp3
07-02-2011, 07:32 AM
lol had to google tabard.. I would actually prefer a shield.. but also consider this.. a personalized item for every guild would be really hard for the devs to implement. As much as I like this I doubt devs would be able to do it for every guild. Or make them cost a good amount of plat for making it worthwhile for the devs(owners and some guild members can contribute to making of the initial guild item by spending a decent amount of plats.. later which can be issued to other members by spending 5-10 plats)

xBearSpiritx
07-02-2011, 08:35 AM
lol had to google tabard.. I would actually prefer a shield.. but also consider this.. a personalized item for every guild would be really hard for the devs to implement. As much as I like this I doubt devs would be able to do it for every guild. Or make them cost a good amount of plat for making it worthwhile for the devs(owners and some guild members can contribute to making of the initial guild item by spending a decent amount of plats.. later which can be issued to other members by spending 5-10 plats)

Yes, i suppose having a personalised tabard for every guild associated in game would be a bit much for the Dev's, but if there was some way possible to achieve this I think it would something extra to the game, and definately worthwhile considering it.

Although in saying this, I would love to hear a Dev's opinion on the matter ;)

JaytB
07-02-2011, 08:39 AM
+1 on a way to differentiate the look of a char depending on their guild. Whether it would be tabards, shields or whatever really.

All in all, I think it's a great idea and hope devs will take notice of this :)

Drianikaben
07-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Good idea, but does it have to be customizable? Just equipping the shield would put Guild name right below your name. That would be what I would do if I were to implement this idea. Which, btw, I prolly would :) But I agree, implementing customized shields would be very hard. So I would do as I suggested to make it a bit easier on the server.

Nightarcher
07-02-2011, 10:37 AM
I would like a shield personally. :D

And even if we don't get this, we can display out guilds over our heads.

CrimsonTider
07-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Good idea, bro. As long as we have a way to represent each guild would only add to the value of the game.

KhaosAngel
07-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Mayb just a vanity texted name on a shield or other piece of equip. I really dont want to clutter the screen with guild names under toon names, ya know what i mean?

xBearSpiritx
07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Thank for the feedback guys.

Yeah, if the devs could somehow find a way to do this it would be totally awesome.

If you go to the following link: http://www.wowpedia.org/Category:World_of_Warcraft_tabard_items, scroll down the page and you can see some of the really cool designs that currently exist in World of Warcraft.

I know these types of designs would be difficult to implement because of the amount of detail and rendering, but I would love it if we could have simplistic designs incorporated into the game somehow.

Siejo
07-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice idea. I think this would be an excellent addition to the guild system once its in place.

superglut2
07-04-2011, 08:25 AM
vanitity armor or guild shields

Unxtoxic
07-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Maybe the item for each guild can be customizable but only the guild leader can customize it :)

xBearSpiritx
07-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Maybe the item for each guild can be customizable but only the guild leader can customize it :)

Yes. I think this feature is available in World Of Warcraft iirc.

Pokechmp
07-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Yes. I think this feature is available in World Of Warcraft iirc.Also in runescape you can do that.