PDA

View Full Version : is someone trying to hack me?

bluuuue
07-02-2011, 01:21 AM
I tried to log in today, and my remember password box wasn't checked and I had to type it in again. After two attempts it said I had to wait. And I know I typed it in right at least one of those two times. I did have to type it in with the box unchecked a few times this past month with success. Which I have never had to do before in this past year. I guess if something does happen at least it will be documented. Im just worried about my personal accounts. I do buy an ok amount of plats. Sincerely Bluuuue

Slush
07-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Sounds like someone went on your device. If your device is shared I recommend unchecking the remember passord box.

Pharcyde
07-02-2011, 01:49 AM
No, no one is trying to hack you. Pocket Legends uses top of the line security encryption. Also, your data isn't stored by username and password. If a player manages to decrypt the code, they would have to know which number your account information is saved in, then try thousands of random passwords. (Username and password are saved in two separate spots, neither of which link with eachother).

So no, nobody is hacking you.

P.S. - Your device DOES save your username and password IF you check the "Remember Me" Box. The file location is saved in your private offline files. There is no way a player can reach these files without being on your actual device.

There IS one way though. If you jailbreak your device, you open it up to SSHing. Meaning any person in the world can SSH into your device. But they can only do this if they have your device IP though. The only way they can get your IP is to get ahold of your ipod, hack into Apple's servers (Lol they wont be hacking Pocket Legends if they can hack Apple), or if you give it to them.

So sum of the story is - Your account is safe. Just as long as you never ever give out your username and password, or share your device with other players

For extra security - Follow these tips

Register your account. If it is ever stolen, you can get it back via your email.
Unjailbreak your device. Your device cannot be SSH'ed if your not jailbroken.
Uncheck the "Remember Me" Box, that way your information is not stored on your device.
Never share your device with other people.
Never ever EVER EVVVERRR give out your username or password
Make sure your username and password is unique to Pocket Legends. If you use the same information to login on every type of account you own, odds of being hacked is greater. (Facebook, twitter, email, online games, pocket legends, computer password, phone password.)
Make your passwords tricky. 12345 isn't a good password
Change your password every so often, especially if you think a "hacker" is attempting to narrow in on your account.

.....- All it takes is a player getting ahold of your information for one account, and if its the same as all your other accounts, they now have access to ALL of your accounts.

bluuuue
07-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Great thanks much pharcyde. Wasn't sure about all that stuff. And it goes without saying for any gamer never give out your account or password. Thanks again. Sincerely Bluuuue

rsimone
07-02-2011, 03:57 PM
If you have a jailbroken phone, first thing you should do is change the root password.

install openssh then login and change the root. I can't remember what the default is but a simple search should get you the info.

You can decide to unisntall openssh or just disable it when you are done. No need to keep it running unless you need it. A difficult to guess root password (more than 8 characters of numbers, symbols, etc.) would be near impossible to hack.

As far as I can recall port 22 isn't opened by default after a jailbreak. I may be wrong, it's been a while.

A jailbroken idevice is very slightly insecure than a non-jailbroken one. You are more likely to have your phone stolen than hacked into. If someone else has physical access to ANY device (laptop, desktop, phone, printer, calculator, my RR set, etc.) it can be hacked and the data accessed.

I wouldn't necessarily suggest unjailbreaking a device, rather learn what jailbreaking does and take the simple precautions.

Good luck.

ps. kinda went OT sorry. but hope this info helps someone.

Pharcyde
07-02-2011, 04:05 PM
If you have a jailbroken phone, first thing you should do is change the root password.

install openssh then login and change the root. I can't remember what the default is but a simple search should get you the info.

You can decide to unisntall openssh or just disable it when you are done. No need to keep it running unless you need it. A difficult to guess root password (more than 8 characters of numbers, symbols, etc.) would be near impossible to hack.

As far as I can recall port 22 isn't opened by default after a jailbreak. I may be wrong, it's been a while.

A jailbroken idevice is very slightly insecure than a non-jailbroken one. You are more likely to have your phone stolen than hacked into. If someone else has physical access to ANY device (laptop, desktop, phone, printer, calculator, my RR set, etc.) it can be hacked and the data accessed.

I wouldn't necessarily suggest unjailbreaking a device, rather learn what jailbreaking does and take the simple precautions.

Good luck.

ps. kinda went OT sorry. but hope this info helps someone.

Good point :) I forgot to mention about changing the root passwords.