PDA

View Full Version : Coming back, maybe..

Cead
02-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Hi i am an old player thats looking forward to come back to AL. Before i do though i would like to know a couple of things.

What's better, mage or rogue? I would really like to play a mage this time

Are mages still underdogs in pvp?

How much does it cost to build a max equipped rogue or mage nowadays? I dont mind spending money on the game and gold is not a problem so please mention only the best items and if possible thier current prices.

What are the easiest pieces to get paragems on?

Is it still necessary to have at least a paragem among your gears? Before i left paragem was the king of gems

What is the general condition of the game? Are people quitting alot? Is there a healthy amount of new players? I know this game is getting old but its still the best on the playstore tbh.

Is popping crates still the fastest way to make gold?

How is the health of the economy?

kinzmet
02-14-2016, 04:00 PM
Go for mage, they are good for both PVE and PVP. They are definately not underdogs in PVP (endgame).
Its free to max now, arcane ring/planar pendants are free to craft. The arcane pets are really cheap nowadays compared to 25m++ back then. As for weapons I would suggest to go for arcane weapons.

There are tons of Arcane ring with paragem sellers, so thats the easiest to find since you would only need at least one para.
Its not really necessary to have para, with rogues. But in mages you would need at least one.

Current game condition is "Free-to-play", almost everything is cheap especially a new 10 level cap raise is around the corner. People quit a lot but more are coming, the game have so many people now.

Poping crate would be great source of gold "IF your lucky", for me farming is still better and fun.

Economy is great for me, since everything is cheap.

Reading this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?288961-Arcane-Legends-Latest-News) might help you understand more.

Promagespvp
02-14-2016, 04:24 PM
Mage is good..

Not underdawg, they op in clashes..

Easiest way to get Paras r Arcane rings imo(Para gemmed and clean slots AR is about 8.5m)

Yea u should get Para gem, enchanted eyes r OP too..

There r pretty alot ppl playing still..
But the pvp.. Is bit dead.. Not saying rly dead but sometimes it takes mins to open gate in ctf lol, Tdm is pretty active

Crates r nice way to get gold.. Idk when u were playing but seems like they sightly make better drop rate of Arcanes in crates... Well the market prices r crashed..

Economy? Ew, just ew.

Cead
02-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Go for mage, they are good for both PVE and PVP. They are definately not underdogs in PVP (endgame).
Its free to max now, arcane ring/planar pendants are free to craft. The arcane pets are really cheap nowadays compared to 25m++ back then. As for weapons I would suggest to go for arcane weapons.

There are tons of Arcane ring with paragem sellers, so thats the easiest to find since you would only need at least one para.
Its not really necessary to have para, with rogues. But in mages you would need at least one.

Current game condition is "Free-to-play", almost everything is cheap especially a new 10 level cap raise is around the corner. People quit a lot but more are coming, the game have so many people now.

Poping crate would be great source of gold "IF your lucky", for me farming is still better and fun.

Economy is great for me, since everything is cheap.

Reading this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?288961-Arcane-Legends-Latest-News) might help you understand more.

That was a useful read tyvm. Do you know How much it takes for a mage to get maxed more or less? I am not interested in pvp (atm)

Kingofninjas
02-14-2016, 08:41 PM
What kind of PvP activity are you into? The random tdm games or the highly competitive maxed out clashes. Mage is a great class to play, but if you are looking for maxed out clashes, I would recommend the following gear.

Arcane ring
Imbued set (some combination of Brutality, assault or force items depending on your preference. You can compare them in game)
Planar pendant
Arcane staff or glintstone Blunderbuss of Wisdom
Brawn belt.

If you want ctf clashes, I would recommend having 1 para gem (most likely in ring as it is easiest to find at a reasonable price in ring) and at least 7 eye gems (cheapest in imbued set, brawn belt and arcane ring). The remaining gem spots could be, from cheapest to most expensive, nature jewels, lightning jewels or mind jewels.

Pet you need a Nekro. Nothing else will work.

Total price -
Para 2 eye arcane ring - 13-17m
Full eye imbued set - 5-7m
Planar pendant - 1.8m bar, jewels 1.5-2.7m
Brawn belt 3 eye - 6-8m
Arcane staff - 4.5m (and dropping seems like) + 1.5-2.7m in jewels OR
Wisdom gun 3 eye - 8-9m (not sure about price)
Nekro - 3m

Sum total: 44.3-54.5m

If you just want casual tdm games, it will be MUCH cheaper (won't go into exact numbers but shouldn't cost more than 15m)

Cead
02-15-2016, 12:56 AM
45m sounds good for a maxed toon compared to 150m+...
Lol@sns at 15m lmao

Thank you very much for the info everyone. :D

Veenihiv
02-15-2016, 02:05 AM
Welcome back :eagerness:
Endgame gears are much easy to obtain now.

Befs
02-15-2016, 11:36 AM
Nothing wrong with mage.