PDA

View Full Version : Pets/Mounts

Drianikaben
07-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Another sorta brilliant idea :) What if there were a battle pet deal going on? Or mounts? Mounts wouldn't be able to be fought from, but it would make moving around the bigger cities easier. I mean, i spend 25 minutes going around ancient swamps looking for a guy that I need to turn a quest that i got a week ago into. But I can't find the guy right away. So if we could move faster, it would be a lot easier to find people. As for the battle pets, it would make doing dungeons solo, a little easier. Mages can learn summons for them, Archers could, as an idea, capture and tame the. Warriors, I don't have a specific idea for them but possibly use the forge? Or all of them would have to use forges. Or you could buy them. Weaker ones with gold, bigger more powerful for platinum. Just another idea that prolly wont work. But it's an idea nontheless :)

Matutd
07-02-2011, 06:46 AM
This is a great idea :) I hope this works because I would love a little pet to help me out with runs :) maybe magical creatures though, seeing as the characters are already animals

Drianikaben
07-02-2011, 06:53 AM
lol fair enough. We could have little demons or something like that.

Zaltiar
07-02-2011, 10:32 PM
+1 to this, I'd love to have a pet feature in the game.

davidis57
07-03-2011, 02:19 AM
This is not meant to be a solo game. Pets would be like orb like animals that provide specific self buffs per class. Pets would disappear after a time and than you can re-summon them. No pet food hassels and pets lvl with you and buffs get better and stronger. You could pick two skill buffs from a tree of like 8 buffs.

Pocket Legends Characters Timbabird -55 Oldsillymage -55

Chahnanaghin
07-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Instead of buying them you could get the means to have them from drops like recipes... And sort of raise them type of deal... The forge you were talking about could give them armors for when they are battlemounts or something.... ...

Pharcyde
07-03-2011, 03:26 AM
Pets have already been planned to be added to the game, eventually.

Mounts will not be added, there is no need. It is fairly easy to cover Pocket Legends terrain, unlike World of Warcraft. In World of Warcraft, you can spend 2 hours strait running, if you don't have a mount.

Code Features (each of these will most likely require a client update to introduce)

More player customization - Done
Bank- Done
Mailboxes
Quests - Done
Secure Trade - Done
Pets
PvP - Done
Guilds
World Map - Done
Player Housing
Auction House - Done
Achievements and Leaderboards - Partially done
Randomized Dungeons - Done

-ALS

Zaltiar
07-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Pets have already been planned to be added to the game, eventually.

Mounts will not be added, there is no need. It is fairly easy to cover Pocket Legends terrain, unlike World of Warcraft. In World of Warcraft, you can spend 2 hours strait running, if you don't have a mount.

Yess that's great news. Especially for us archers lol. Our pets can tank while we finish mobs off :D

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Register
07-03-2011, 01:44 PM
i dont think mounts are even needed. Clearing distance isnt very hard. unlike wow like Phar said, cities arent big. But what would be nice would be a run/powerwalk option. Where you would be able to run/pw a certain time or distance until you are forced to walk. Battle pets/mounts would be cool however.

superglut2
07-04-2011, 08:22 AM
pets are planned with housing