PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends and Pocket Legends account synergy?

Physiologic
07-02-2011, 07:06 PM
I haven't seen this topic raised through the search engine yet, but here it is anyway: Will there be any perks for having a character(s) on one game that affects your character(s) on another game? For example, let's say there are dozens of devoted Pocket Legends players with characters that have hit the current max level on Pocket Legends. They want to create characters on Star Legends, under the same account. They receive an extra +20 hp/mp, +2 damage, +etc. on their Star Legend characters automatically because they have reached max level on Pocket Legends. On the flipside, let's say a new player starts from scratch and creates a Star Legends character and levels it to max level. Never having played Pocket Legends, they want to experience that too and decide to create a new character on Pocket Legends. They automatically get an extra +20 hp/mp, +2 damage, +etc. on their Pocket Legends character because they've reached max level on Star Legends. This would promote a player to play both games extensively and would still give everyone an equal opportunity to have equal stats in either/both games.

:banana: BANANAS :banana:

edit: Fixed "bonus values" from 200 hp/mp 20 damage to 20 hp/mp 2 damage

Phoenixking
07-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Hmm i see your point but that might seem unfair somehow unless i misthought the words

Register
07-02-2011, 08:48 PM
i agree that it would be unfair but i still like the idea :)

pwnpear
07-02-2011, 08:50 PM
+200 hp/mp is a big difference!Thats about how much you would have at lvl 55(if you put it on int or str).
I see how this could work but maybe instead of better stats, you could start with gold or something.

mike1298
07-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I don't like the idea. Too much of an advantage.

Kingofhurtz
07-02-2011, 10:17 PM
You're back!!! Why'd you disappear?!

And yes I agree with pwnpear: it's definitely headed in a good direction but that specific idea of 200 mp/HP is TOO much. Maybe a little extra xp or gold would be nice though :)

Physiologic
07-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I was definnitely thinking of another game when I put those values up...but more like 20 hp/mp and 5 damage :)

Gluttony
07-02-2011, 11:12 PM
I was definnitely thinking of another game when I put those values up...but more like 20 hp/mp and 5 damage :)

Any advantage (no matter how slight) is enough to drive quite a few players to riot! Interesting idea, but not worth the flames.

P.S. Wb

Physiologic
07-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Thank you. I was wondering where the advantage inequality was considering everyone gets a chance to get the extra bonus stats...

Gluttony
07-03-2011, 12:04 AM
I imagine just the fact that one player did it and another didn't; I think it's a decent idea I'm just looking at the angles that could make it an issue in the future. Some could argue it forces players to create an account in the other game in order to level the pvp playing field. There's also the thought that if a player doesn't use the forums or know about the other game, they could just be at a disadvantage.

Samhayne
07-05-2011, 03:07 PM
It is something that could be done.

It's all in the doing. As many of you point out, the original idea is a bit overpowered. Right now we're working on a few systems for use between all of our games to make them one big happy family. No details for public consumption just yet tho.

Physiologic
07-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Fixed values on original post so it fits better. And sweet - it's a sure incentive to continue to play both games, at least for me.

WhoIsThis
07-05-2011, 05:57 PM
It needs to be big enough to be an incentive, yet small enough a reward as to not unbalance the game.

Perhaps monetary rewards would be an alternative. For example, if you have a level 56 PL character and a level cap SL char (to be 25), you get say, 1 extra gold or 20% extra gold (whichever is higher) per regular kill.

Register
07-05-2011, 06:05 PM
It is something that could be done.

It's all in the doing. As many of you point out, the original idea is a bit overpowered. Right now we're working on a few systems for use between all of our games to make them one big happy family. No details for public consumption just yet tho.

off topic but you spelled tho like how we spell it! You are becoming one of us Sam. Keep going...Keep going....The shadows are calling you...we have cookies.