PDA

View Full Version : Should I get the arcane staff?

Deathlyreaper
02-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Should I get the arcane staff ?( let's say it got buffed)
Or wait for lvl 56 cap to come

mesalin
02-16-2016, 04:35 PM
You can buy and be op now or you can save for expansion and be op later with new items. Remember in first month of expansion new items will worth fortune so better wait with buying and not rush :)

<Forgiveness>

Deathlyreaper
02-16-2016, 06:51 PM
What are the chances that lvl 56 legend items will be in par with lvl 46 arcane?

Fodder
02-16-2016, 09:47 PM
Imo, if you can buy it now do it. You'll have a month, or so, of being op to earn money for the new content. Aren't the current arcane weapons pretty cheap? Why not get a month of exciting farming instead of waiting for what could be months to obtain the new meta weapons.

Take this opinion with a grain if sand; I'm currently level 27 and no nothing of end game content.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Schnitzel
02-16-2016, 09:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Deathlyreaper
02-16-2016, 11:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
Lmao made my day

Morholt
02-17-2016, 12:32 AM
They'll be in the same ball park of damage as the elite legendary weapons. But the procs of the arcane items will be what keeps them the best overall (note: the best crate gun will likely have more damage than the staff, since the staff is a staff. The staff's dps number will of course be much better). The staff in particular has a proc that gets better as the elite enemies get stronger, as it does a percentage of health per tick (useless at normal goblins, since a percentage of a small number is an even smaller number...but in the highest elites, a percentage of a huge number is a big number).

If a lvl 56 mythic weapon is released, those would be the top. But those wouldn't be released early on. Mid season would be the earliest. And then the 61 elite legendary gear would match it damage wise.

If you actually play elite content, get the staff. You're going to need a powerful weapon to take down elite level 56 bosses. People won't be able to loot the new elite legendary weapons if they can't actually kill the bosses that drop them. So, you're going to need it, if you're trying to cash in early on the new items. But I've said this before: farm for the elite armors & helms. Everyone is going to be desperately needing more defense against those bosses (we'll be relying on stuns, panics, and terror to stay alive).

As a result of all this, the arcane weapons could likely go up in value as the expansion is released (that doesn't mean higher than today. That means compared to just prior to the expansion).

Also, you could put it to use now for faster farming to pay off some of its cost early.

If you only run stuff like KM3 and LMM and plan to run that kind of stuff...you can do plenty fine using just a random cap level legendary item.