PDA

View Full Version : Is this against TOS?

grenadiers
07-03-2011, 03:25 AM
A dev input would be nice because im not quite sure if this is allowed. I was wondering if it would be OK for someone that has vcast to post a download link for the beta here. Because most android phones allow none market .apk files to be installed and I would like to be part of the beta myself as a lot of other people would too. Please leave your thoughts about this :D

Pharcyde
07-03-2011, 03:32 AM
This is highly frowned upon, and yes it is against terms of service.

Samhayne and Futumish have been working on a apk. file, let me find you the thread link. Check edit in a few minutes

Quote = Junside: "Can someone just email me the apk file when it comes out?"

We would frown pretty heavily on that.

grenadiers
07-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Ok thanks for pointing that out, I searched for something similar to that and I could not find anything

Pharcyde
07-03-2011, 03:41 AM
I'm still lookin around, just found some more information that is similar.

I Have an Android Phone that is not on Verizon, Can I Play in the Limited Beta?
For those with an Android powered device that are not on Verizon with access to V CAST, we will be working with partner websites to make the game available. Look for announcements here linking to gaming websites that have Star Legends beta keys available in contests and giveaways.

Basically meaning, if your not on VCast, and you win a key, you get a apk file download.

As for non Verizon Android devices, we will be giving out account keys to partner websites (like www.Droidgamers.com or www.androidguys.com/ for example) where you could win access to the Limited Beta. We will have more details about those opportunities once the Limited Beta is underway.