View Full Version : Lag to the max

Potato is me
02-17-2016, 09:43 PM
I know that lag has been a prevalent problem but this time it is so bad that i have to stop my farming routine and take a break from this game...
As a fortunate player, I dare to say that in these 7 months of gameplay after coming back from my break from this game, i have never gotten red ping before, even if i did, it is quickly resolved just by refreshing my wi fi on maybe 1 or 2 occasions which is negligible. However, this few days were real bad, inside km3, i couldnt even see the mobs appear on my screen and sometimes before i know it, i am dead. Please fix this lag problem

wangkj
02-18-2016, 12:38 AM
I know that lag has been a prevalent problem but this time it is so bad that i have to stop my farming routine and take a break from this game...
As a fortunate player, I dare to say that in these 7 months of gameplay after coming back from my break from this game, i have never gotten red ping before, even if i did, it is quickly resolved just by refreshing my wi fi on maybe 1 or 2 occasions which is negligible. However, this few days were real bad, inside km3, i couldnt even see the mobs appear on my screen and sometimes before i know it, i am dead. Please fix this lag problem

What device are u using? Im using an hp labtop and a mac desktop and it works fine

Faliziaga
02-18-2016, 01:29 AM
I am experiencing frequent spikes for some days now starting around 4 pm my time/9 am Texas time.

Fyrce
02-18-2016, 02:30 AM
I get them around reset time. Not most days, but when i get them, i dc frequently and its unplayable.

Schnitzel
02-18-2016, 10:23 PM
What device are u guys using? Im using an hp labtop and a mac desktop and there is no lag whatsoever

What you may be referring to is a drop in framerate.

I believe they mean Lag as in WiFi lag.

As for the lagging, sometimes, lag can be cause by too many requests for the server to handle, so the server starts adding requests into a queue, and processes them in the order they are received. Hence, ping rises because the request takes longer to be processed by the STS server(s).

Another possible reason for the lag may be the distance between your device and the servers (this is sort of beyond your control, unless you move closer to the servers)

Zylx created a Lag log earlier HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?264773-%26%239733%3B-Lag-Log-%26%239733%3B-If-you-re-currently-experiencing-lag-issues-click-here!)

Post there, and I hope one day the devs will look into a way of resolving the lag.

Also I've written this a while back explaining the causes of lag, and possible solutions on fixing it: HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?271222-Troubleshooting-A-Guide-to-aid-WiFi-connectivity-issues)