PDA

View Full Version : i am baffled by this..

AssassinEight
07-03-2011, 02:15 PM
This guy keeps creating Plasma Pyramid games then immediately leaving them to go create another. I've tried to catch him before he leaves but as I'm joining his game he leaves. This guy seems to be doing this everytime I'm playing. I don't get it.

Lowlyspy
07-03-2011, 02:18 PM
He may be taking out the chests at the beginning of the map and then remaking for quick money.

Darkfader
07-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Or wanna do solo ( and won't know about PW system ). And leave when someone comes because want to solo.
Who knows what's going on.

AssassinEight
07-03-2011, 02:23 PM
He's a level 39 so idk about soloing.. the fast gold sounds plausible. I'm gonna check his games now to see about those chests.

Yvonnel
07-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Yep sounds to me like they are just remaking and bursting the 4 chests right at the beginning.

AssassinEight
07-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Yep.. every game he leaves is indeed missing those chests. It's kinda irritating seeing all those empty games though.

Yvonnel
07-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Yep.. every game he leaves is indeed missing those chests. It's kinda irritating seeing all those empty games though.

I agree. But, just join and solo those maps for the gold. You can make about 2.5k per map.

Zaltiar
07-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I was confused at all the empty maps aswell

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Simnar
07-03-2011, 04:56 PM
if u wanna call him on it just pm him type /t "name" "message"

Ayrilana
07-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Maybe another bot farming gold

davidis57
07-03-2011, 06:03 PM
STS could move or remove the chests cause its almost like exploiting. i would of reported him.

Fyrce
07-03-2011, 07:08 PM
You can still report him using /report <name> <reason>
But anyways, you can also pick up those games and just solo the corridors. Picking up games is fun.

rsimone
07-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Not just AO3. Check sewers server list at nights (pst) and you'll see quite a few people doing the same thing. Usually it's the same guy. He would kill the first two or three enemies and rmk.

Register
07-03-2011, 10:04 PM

What group/person doesnt bust the chests?

He prob wants to just solo. Its not veyr nice to assume he/she bots or is exploiting a trick.

Arterra
07-03-2011, 11:19 PM
What group/person doesnt bust the chests?

He prob wants to just solo. Its not veyr nice to assume he/she bots or is exploiting a trick.

Already happened before. They exist, and should b at least checked on.

Orcish
07-04-2011, 01:13 AM
A lot of, not all, but a lot of you are so quick to report or ban or jump to conclusions... If the chests are there, how is that reportable? Let the person play the way they wants to play. Just because they don't respond to your messages doesn't mean they are a bot... Ask yourself some of these questions and maybe you can see where I'm going with this; is it possible that the person is just so focused on what they are doing and they don't have the time to respond to every person? Could it be that they don't understand your language? Could they be watching TV and have the whole routine memorized to the point, they don't even have to look at the screen? Or maybe they just don't feel like talking to someone they don't know? This person may have a hard time gaining money and has found something they believe may help them (although there are faster and better ways of obtaining gold...) Look, I love the PL community, but a lot of you out there, are going way over board with the whole scammer-banner-bot-hack-mania, take a dang chill pill. If the person is there for 3 days straight without breaks or anything, then MAYBE it's worth reporting. When you start seeing mass ammounts of players creating maps solely for the purpose of obtaining gold using this method, then yeah then it's an issue to be dealt with by STS. How is this person supposed to feel, when they come to the forums and read about this junk? Before you start pulling the trigger, just stop, breath, and think about the situation first. If the shoe fits, wear it. Feel free to flame me, but please do it through private messaging, so others can be spared the drama.

rsimone
07-04-2011, 01:27 AM
personally I don't think it's a bot in the sewers and in no way am I jumping into conclusions or accusing anyone. I was merely curious as to what's going on. Maybe he knows something I don't. Let me get in on it !

Riccits
07-04-2011, 01:32 AM
smells very like a bot. what is his IGN?

Arterra
07-04-2011, 02:17 AM
No need to get so upset orcish he has remained anonymous so far.
Fact is these people may very well be simply manually exploiting a function. Ok, then this is a thread reporting an exploit that could be fixed. Or it could be he has found a way to exploit the game while he is afk. It could be the kind wheretherebedragons sits leeching drops, like the whole digitalsparks drama, but this simply looks like a automated remaking of a game.

So far nobody has reported seeing him at odd hours, fr extended times. But he could be.
Just as people who jump to conclusions, people who immediately leap towards the defense of the "casual, unique gamer" are still bad.