PDA

View Full Version : Guild ideas thread

yeldarbroz
02-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Ok, so I've been thinking about some stuffs I would really like to see added, and it's mostly all guild ideas, so here goes:

1. LAST LOGIN

Of all the ideas I have, this is *my* most important. Guild master/officers should be able to see when the last time someone in the guild has been online on that toon is. This is a real struggle for us guild masters, trying to make a new guild and keep it clean of inactives. All we need is to have under each guildie name a date (mm-dd-yyyy) to see when they were last online. Then we can know who to kick and who to keep.

2. More guildhalls!

Come on sts... we have had the same three old guildhalls since I've started the game! We want something new! A water/blue themed one... a white/L.blue/frost themed one... mebbe a darker purple rengol themed hall. Just some more variety.

3. Guildhall customization

This idea has several sub-ideas lol, but the basic idea is extra modular rooms that can be bought to be added on to the hall. Or at least just extra intractables to add on... So anyways, here are my room ideas:

Room 1. Guild trading post

This would be kinda like a mini auction for just your guild (this would obviously work better for bigger guilds) and it could be a place to help out guildies get stuff cheaper (like if you're farming something). Guilds could have rules that stuff sold there has to be 5%... 10%... 20% cheaper than auction.

Room 2. Guild arena

This could be like a 1v1 or 4v4 arena (or maybe this could be two separate rooms, one for versus, one for clash) where we could have friendly competitions or test new pvp sets/builds and there would be NO KDR! That way, any stress of pvp is relived and we can just test/train ourselves against each other for the fun of it. It also allows for an easier way to do guild competitions, such as not having to reserve a room in ctf/tdm.

Room 3. Officer lounge

This could just be a little room, designed kinda like a tavern with a bar and tables, just for officers and master to hang out and chat or have important meetings, or talk politics, or gossip about the recruiters, or...
Lol, anyways, this would make being officer just a little bit more special.

Room 4. Mini-game room

I know it would be great the have little mini-games, and a guild LB for those games, but I don't know what the games should be... should they be all AL related? Should they be like old arcade (think Atari) games? Post your feelings and ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Room 5. Extras!

In this room I think it would be cool to have little stuffs like a guild log (just like the normal guild log, but at a little podium in the room), a CS (this might be in place of the guild trading post, but it would just be a normal auction kiosk for the normal auction), or a guild LB (like I already mentioned for the mini-game scores, but also for things like most pve/ctf/tdm kills of the ppl in the guild).

Well, thanks for listening to me ^^. Those are my ideas for now, please post your criticisms and ideas/improvements below!

Hallweeen
02-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Officer lounge! Where only officers go would be nice. And seeing when people log on and off would mean we could keep the guild full of active people.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

diimitrii
02-18-2016, 03:14 PM
Nicenicee!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

oekeone
02-18-2016, 03:15 PM
Officer lounge! Where only officers go would be nice. And seeing when people log on and off would mean we could keep the guild full of active people.

Members lounge too :3

mesalin
02-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Nice nice

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 4033D using Tapatalk

yeldarbroz
02-18-2016, 03:18 PM
Members lounge too :3
Well, that's pretty much what the guild hall that we have now is for :D

xZauiflele
02-18-2016, 03:20 PM
Nice idea for some who got eyes but can't see anything.Only 5% or less ideas are implemented this one is should be implemented.

Juicymango
02-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Really nice ideas, especially the guild halls. These 3 guild halls exist since the game came out I think and we didnt even get at least one more :/

konafez
02-18-2016, 03:47 PM
I think a shared guild stable would be great,
Members could add pets, officers/master could remove pets. Would give everyone a chance to playwith some pets they dont have

and a cake vendor, every one needs a cake vendor

yeldarbroz
02-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Members could add pets, officers/master could remove pets. Would give everyone a chance to playwith some pets they dont have

Well... a shared stable would kill the egg economy... and the economy needs all the help it can get rn XD But I like the idea of a guild stable where you can leave your pet. It could have two modes: rest and exercise. There would be a small gold charge for either mode, like feeding, but the money could go into a 'jackpot' that can be used as a reward for a guild mini-game or pvp tournament. The rest mode would recharge your pets happiness three times as fast as usual, but only one pet can be rested at a time. The exercise would *slowly* add xp for the time that the pet is in there. (It would obviously be much faster to level it somewhere like wt4, but it would be nice for twinks or ppl who don't play much.)

I like the cake idea ^^

ThaAnas
02-18-2016, 04:03 PM
darn thats great ideas
@.@/ give that man a cookie
shout out for this! ... every single point sounds nice

yeldarbroz
02-18-2016, 04:04 PM

Nicenicee!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

Nice nice

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 4033D using Tapatalk

Nice idea for some who got eyes but can't see anything.Only 5% or less ideas are implemented this one is should be implemented.

Really nice ideas, especially the guild halls. These 3 guild halls exist since the game came out I think and we didnt even get at least one more :/

darn thats great ideas
@.@/ give that man a cookie
shout out for this! ... every single point sounds nice

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! Maybe our favorite game studio will take notice of our longings and add some of this stuff :)

Niixed
02-18-2016, 04:43 PM
These are all excellent ideas. What's frustrating is that STS has made only minor improvements (such as guild log) to the game's most important social construct during the past three years. Guilds are critically important to the game's overall success. I hope STS gives this due attention, in the form of substantial improvements such as the ones you've suggested. Make sure you put them in the Feedback/Suggestions subforum as well!

I would like to add:

Limit ranking members' ability to kick lower-ranked members to 5 per day, except for Guild Master. This would be an excellent way to help stabilize guilds. Right now it is extremely risky to promote anyone to officer because an angry rogue officer can easily kick all recruiters and members.
Grant the Guild Master the ability to change the guild name. How much drama could have been avoided since 2012 if we were just able to change guild names??? It's a little ridiculous that we can't, plus it's a moneymaking opportunity for STS. The code to change a character name already exists, so development costs are probably insignificant. Just charge 100 plat!
Restructure and expand the rank system; create three more ranks and rename one.

Guild Master - No changes. Only Guild Master may kick more than 5 members in a 24 hour period.
Vice Master - (NEW) Can promote up to Officer, demote/kick through Knight. Receives option to become guild master after 30 days of guild master being inactive.
Knight - (NEW) Can promote up to Scout, demote/kick through Officer. Receives new chat channel: /knight or /k.
Officer - No changes.
Scout - Replaces Recruiter. Receives new chat channel: /scout or /s.
Freeman - (NEW) automatically granted after 2 weeks of continual membership.
Member - No changes.

Robtadius
02-18-2016, 06:04 PM

Lmao kona how'd I know you say cake in that message? [emoji38]

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo201/brianhungergames/2016-02/tapatalk_1455729146131_zps1rjgbiqv.jpeg

Redjellydonut
02-18-2016, 06:11 PM
I like this thread :) +1

konafez
02-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Well... a shared stable would kill the egg economy... and the economy needs all the help it can get rn XD But I like the idea of a guild stable where you can leave your pet. It could have two modes: rest and exercise. There would be a small gold charge for either mode, like feeding, but the money could go into a 'jackpot' that can be used as a reward for a guild mini-game or pvp tournament. The rest mode would recharge your pets happiness three times as fast as usual, but only one pet can be rested at a time. The exercise would *slowly* add xp for the time that the pet is in there. (It would obviously be much faster to level it somewhere like wt4, but it would be nice for twinks or ppl who don't play much.)

I like the cake idea ^^

The cake idea is a must, but the rest is a really good idea too. All the ideas I have seen in this thread are really good

yeldarbroz
02-18-2016, 10:18 PM
These are all excellent ideas. What's frustrating is that STS has made only minor improvements (such as guild log) to the game's most important social construct during the past three years. Guilds are critically important to the game's overall success. I hope STS gives this due attention, in the form of substantial improvements such as the ones you've suggested. Make sure you put them in the Feedback/Suggestions subforum as well!

I would like to add:

Limit ranking members' ability to kick lower-ranked members to 5 per day, except for Guild Master. This would be an excellent way to help stabilize guilds. Right now it is extremely risky to promote anyone to officer because an angry rogue officer can easily kick all recruiters and members.
Grant the Guild Master the ability to change the guild name. How much drama could have been avoided since 2012 if we were just able to change guild names??? It's a little ridiculous that we can't, plus it's a moneymaking opportunity for STS. The code to change a character name already exists, so development costs are probably insignificant. Just charge 100 plat!
Restructure and expand the rank system; create three more ranks and rename one.

Guild Master - No changes. Only Guild Master may kick more than 5 members in a 24 hour period.
Vice Master - (NEW) Can promote up to Officer, demote/kick through Knight. Receives option to become guild master after 30 days of guild master being inactive.
Knight - (NEW) Can promote up to Scout, demote/kick through Officer. Receives new chat channel: /knight or /k.
Officer - No changes.
Scout - Replaces Recruiter. Receives new chat channel: /scout or /s.
Freeman - (NEW) automatically granted after 2 weeks of continual membership.
Member - No changes.

I think that a co-master is really needed, and I think officer kick limit is needed, but personally, I don't want any more ranks that that. That's just my personal preferences tho, I don't want to dis your ideas ^^ I also think that officers should be able to promote/demote recruiter...

Dragoonclaws
02-19-2016, 12:13 AM
I must admit, the ideas are great! I do have some inputs for you though.

I think there is a limit for the guildhall capacity, and it's 25 players. The last login is an awesome idea, just like the invite/kick history. The guildhal diversity is a good idea too, we're kinda fed up of the usual same guildhalls. These ideas can be done by StS.

Now adding extra rooms. The Guild Arena is a nice idea, but the other rooms aren't adding much. Guildies can trade items for a cheaper price, the officer lounge... officers can meet in the guild hall and use the /o chat. The extra rooms aren't adding much fun, other then having a nice view.

Regarding the ranks, other then having the vice-master, the other ranks are pointless. Officers are there to help the master.. but they can't promote people. Only the leader can promote people. It would be nice to ask StS to make officers able to promote people to recruiters and that's pretty much all. Some guilds like to have vice leaders, and they often share leader rank. How many vice leaders are needed... one? two? 10? You can share it with your closest officers... and then it's all your responsibility.

I read the rank ideas.. and what's the functional difference between a freeman and a member? Why their own chat? So members don't read it? Why? Officers have their private chat to talk about administrative stuff. They need to talk privately sometimes in order to make the correct decisions without everyone knowing what's going on. What do you want to hide in a knight's chat... or a scout chat... the value of the fervor bow you're selling? What's the difference between an officer and a knight? Just a higher rank? Listen, a guild is all about bringing players together, not splitting them by ranks. It's a place for players to share a same objective. You're not there to judge people. If you're a master and you need help, you might want to make some officers to help you lead the guild, but not to overpower the players.

Klompe
02-22-2016, 09:44 AM
Can I give my pet a bath in there as well? Maybe comb his/her hair and give it a toy? Lol, Idk what gloom or grimm would like to play with. Maybe a new weapon or a zombie teddy. What if 2 ppl want to try out the same pet? Who would get it? Would the pets work in PvP? a little unfair if you ask me :D

Klompe
02-22-2016, 09:49 AM
A new guild hall would be GREAT. Nice Idea.

Klompe
02-22-2016, 04:46 PM
There should be another rank like co-master. Nice idea Yeldarb. :D

yeldarbroz
02-23-2016, 11:11 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback guys! Moving this thread to the suggestions area

mistery
02-23-2016, 01:50 PM
the ability to "uncraft" a higher level jewel to three lower level jewels would be nice

ClumsyCactus
02-23-2016, 02:12 PM
Guild LB is my favorite one here, because I don't have a lot to do, however I am really competetive, and I'd want to be on the LB in my guild

Niixed
02-23-2016, 02:53 PM
I think that a co-master is really needed, and I think officer kick limit is needed, but personally, I don't want any more ranks that that. That's just my personal preferences tho, I don't want to dis your ideas ^^ I also think that officers should be able to promote/demote recruiter...

You aren't dissing my ideas, I think it may just be a matter of perspective.

The extra ranks are a reward system for guild loyalty. Believe me, they are sorely needed.

If you've never been a guild master for a large enough guild, it may be hard to understand. For a guild to grow, you need a lot recruiters, but you don't need a lot of officers. Promoting someone to Officer is also a Big Deal because of the added responsibility AND because you're accepting that player into the 'inner circle.' Officer chat is a connection between the core members of your guild. If you let any nab who joins the guild be officer and you risk disrupting your circle of friends.

As a guild master for about 2 years, I've had members leave the guild frustrated that we refused to promote them to officer. We appreciated their hard work as recruiters, but we felt they just weren't ready to be an officer. We needed more time to get to know them. If we had had another rank to promote them to, they would have stayed and possibly become officers in the future. Instead we lost a lot of great, active players because of a system with too few ranks. The Knight rank is to reward officers who stand above the rest and deserve the honor.

Extra ranks stabilize the guild and give members something to aspire to.

Niixed
02-23-2016, 03:22 PM
Regarding the ranks, other then having the vice-master, the other ranks are pointless. Officers are there to help the master.. but they can't promote people. Only the leader can promote people. It would be nice to ask StS to make officers able to promote people to recruiters and that's pretty much all. Some guilds like to have vice leaders, and they often share leader rank. How many vice leaders are needed... one? two? 10? You can share it with your closest officers... and then it's all your responsibility.

I read the rank ideas.. and what's the functional difference between a freeman and a member? Why their own chat? So members don't read it? Why? Officers have their private chat to talk about administrative stuff. They need to talk privately sometimes in order to make the correct decisions without everyone knowing what's going on. What do you want to hide in a knight's chat... or a scout chat... the value of the fervor bow you're selling? What's the difference between an officer and a knight? Just a higher rank? Listen, a guild is all about bringing players together, not splitting them by ranks. It's a place for players to share a same objective. You're not there to judge people. If you're a master and you need help, you might want to make some officers to help you lead the guild, but not to overpower the players.

If they were pointless, why would I have posted them? Maybe you don't see the point, but there definitely is a point. I answered the "what's the point?" question in another post, see the quote below. I did indeed "listen" to you and I discovered that you seem to be carrying some erroneous assumptions about me and my level of experience as a guild master. I created that list based on 2 years of experience. Every guild master has their own unique style and not everyone views ranks as divisive. If there are 6 ranks and you want to run your guild with only two ranks, nobody would stop you. If you want to run your guild with 6 ranks, you are stopped by an ancient and overly-basic AL guild system.

The extra chat channels are for encouraging camaraderie and friendship among the members of each rank. That is one effect that officer chat had on my guild and I'd love to see it replicated with every rank. Also, the channels are there for when you need them, they don't necessarily have to be filled with lots of activity to justify their existence.

You aren't dissing my ideas, I think it may just be a matter of perspective.

The extra ranks are a reward system for guild loyalty. Believe me, they are sorely needed.

If you've never been a guild master for a large enough guild, it may be hard to understand. For a guild to grow, you need a lot recruiters, but you don't need a lot of officers. Promoting someone to Officer is also a Big Deal because of the added responsibility AND because you're accepting that player into the 'inner circle.' Officer chat is a connection between the core members of your guild. If you let any nab who joins the guild be officer and you risk disrupting your circle of friends.

As a guild master for about 2 years, I've had members leave the guild frustrated that we refused to promote them to officer. We appreciated their hard work as recruiters, but we felt they just weren't ready to be an officer. We needed more time to get to know them. If we had had another rank to promote them to, they would have stayed and possibly become officers in the future. Instead we lost a lot of great, active players because of a system with too few ranks. The Knight rank is to reward officers who stand above the rest and deserve the honor.

Extra ranks stabilize the guild and give members something to aspire to.

Dragoonclaws
02-23-2016, 03:54 PM
If they were pointless, why would I have posted them? Maybe you don't see the point, but there definitely is a point. I answered the "what's the point?" question in another post, see the quote below. I did indeed "listen" to you and I discovered that you seem to be carrying some erroneous assumptions about me and my level of experience as a guild master. I created that list based on 2 years of experience. Every guild master has their own unique style and not everyone views ranks as divisive. If there are 6 ranks and you want to run your guild with only two ranks, nobody would stop you. If you want to run your guild with 6 ranks, you are stopped by an ancient and overly-basic AL guild system.

The extra chat channels are for encouraging camaraderie and friendship among the members of each rank. That is one effect that officer chat had on my guild and I'd love to see it replicated with every rank. Also, the channels are there for when you need them, they don't necessarily have to be filled with lots of activity to justify their existence.

I don't doubt that. I did read your post. It's just that I am thinking about what StS would definetly change and what they wouldn't. We both do have GM experience and we don't need to be GM to lead a guild. Leaders can lead their guild with a member rank.

I didn't point it out, but how I see things is a little different. By experience, I think that StS does the strict minimum. We asked for a guild dash board where people can read a general message sent to everyone. We begged for it for years, and we got MotD. We asked for more ranks looooong time ago too. How they might see the new ranking system? ...just more data in their system or more complexity. Is it necessary? Can guilds work without that? They always did. How are we sure about that? We don't have a camera rotation just to make the game lighter. They probably cut out over SL, DL and PL so they have less players in those games... creating more server space for AL. They keep optimizing everywhere. We don't have a guild dashboard because the MotD was a much simpler way to do the very same thing. If they made a dashboard, they could add that ranking system into it. They could add many things in it.

BUT, you know what? You're right. How about we tell StS that a major guild system update would make our day.. no, our week, no... our month. I mean, how many people would love to see a major guild system update? How many happy people are we going to have? Everyone. Want a new NEXT BIG THING. This thread is the bang. We can make the players happy. Guilds are very amusing for everyone. It's a fun place to hang and people stick to the same because the community is awesome, their guild is awesome. Want to keep the players in game? Let the GM reward their members. It could be an awesome way to make guild events more fun, or make guild objectives more addicting. Imagine if you reward players for being helpful, or for being pro, or being playing a lot and inviting everyone get along, or for respecting the rules and make them work, or for having awesome ideas that makes the guild better, or the gameplay better. Those kind of players, YOU WANT TO REWARD THEM. StS can't reward them, so we have to. We don't reward them with gold, or an item. It needs a title. Keep the new weapons away, the new gear too. We're having the very same vanities for St-Patrick anyways, we're having the same Easter event too. So they have plenty of time. StS has time to work on this new system. A dashboard with ranks for everyone. Same function, but a new name that makes the players a little more special in their community. I just hope players don't use their rank as an authority... because it's a sad truth, it will happen.

Gouiwaa9000
02-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Yesss!!! Good idea , there should be a "guild bank" where players can donate gold to buy special Guildhall's or improvements to their current one!! getting a better guildhall should give some bonus , like cheaper potions , speed buff for all players in , more space , better look ( maybe some extra decorations ) etc , etc ,etc . While upgrades can add new rooms / stores / NPC . for example : we can have an AC and a guild AC , the difference is that only members of the guild can post in guild AC , and it's only accessible from guildhall . A couple more upgrades : Quest drop , portal to hauntlet , access to some basic daily quests , and maybe to some special event area at very high levels . Only the guild master or Officers that got the precision from guild master can spend guildbank on upgrades / new halls . All members can donate gold , but once donated , it can not be retrieved . I have seen multiple RPS use this idea of a "guild bank" that can be used to benefit all members , it worked out perfectly . rly hope to see something like this in AL

Gouiwaa9000
02-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Another great idea can be a Guild leader board , that re-news every week .It shows the best pvp and pve players In Guild. Top 10 in each section get a small plat reward and maybe some ankhs / respect scrolls while top 10 in general receive a decent plat reward ( 20-25 ) 25 ankhs , and 5k HP+mana pots. To avoid abuse of the system , guild leader board should be available when the guild hits 250 members or more.

Nathan Ferreira
03-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Very God Sugestion

Foumagus
03-11-2016, 04:47 AM
Would love the first and the third idea implemented (especially first)
New guild hall jus released so we would leave ppl with somejoy with it and release another later

Sent from YU Yuphoria using whatsapp :P