PDA

View Full Version : need help on ipad2

anglfyr
07-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Hey all,

I have an ipad 2. My ipad2 shutdown by itself earlier then I realized its too hot.. is that normal for my any
ipad to shutdown when hot? Pls reply! Ty!

Piosidon
07-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Well my laptop does that and I think apple designed the iPad to be like a computer

Kakatoa91
07-04-2011, 12:03 PM
After how much non-stop time of play/use did it get too hot to force itself to shutdown due to high temp.? I hope you dont exagerate lol. I dun have any prob with my pad2.

Btw dont play/charge same time. High temp may accumulate with the battery being charge and ur processor working.
And thats not good for the health of ur pad/phone...

Zeus
07-04-2011, 12:52 PM
My iPad 1 Did that. It's completely normal. Did you leave it out in the sun? The iPad has a lot of power packed in it, with little to no heat sink to get rid of the heat bi-product. So try playing in areas outside of the sun and in cool places.

Also, keep in mind that if the components get too hot, they can have a grievous effect on your battery. Shortening the battery life of the iPad, not to mention other possible hardware failures.

anglfyr
07-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Oh okay thank you guys!!

WhoIsThis
07-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Try playing in cooler temperatures.

If you need to cool down you iPad, as strange as this may sound, put it in the refrigerator (but not freezer).

anglfyr
07-05-2011, 12:55 AM
hehhe okay. thank u!

NECROREAPER
07-05-2011, 03:38 AM
I've never had an iPad overheat. I had the first gen and I currently have the second and neither have gotten even warm to the touch even after playing for hours and hours. I'd call up apple to see if maybe you have defective hardware if you were only playing for a little while.

My iPhone 4 on the other hand...... Little oven in my hand >:(