PDA

View Full Version : Irritating Ping!!

diimitrii
02-19-2016, 11:12 AM
Is it only me or what? I'm just in town, doing nothing except trying to merch a bit and still my ping keeps 'spiking like every minute sometimes it stops rising goes back green and starts right again? I have this issue since last update and it is freaking annoying! If the issue isn't placed from my side than STS please fix the servers stability!! If there is a problem at my side than please someone tell me what to do? Cuse i can perfectly download stuff whit decent speed and stuff... :/

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

Anyona
02-19-2016, 11:27 AM
This has started happening to me since the last update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chummierfrog248
02-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Same I just enter the town and it Spike's up! And like 100k I even have screenshots

Dragoonclaws
02-19-2016, 11:50 AM
The hugthulu map was added, the mega love potion spam, the rush of players logging in, many reasons for a such ping. Soo many people farmig the very same map. There are many reasons for this ping.

Giwrgos Manashs
02-19-2016, 01:00 PM
insane ping entering a map and stack in loading screen

Bidiel
02-19-2016, 09:35 PM
Lol i bought a gold elixir for 30k I opened and then puuum ARCANE PING!!! When i can play again the elixir was over -.- ty STS!!!

Enviado desde mi LG-P768 mediante Tapatalk

Schnitzel
02-19-2016, 10:59 PM
The hugthulu map was added, the mega love potion spam, the rush of players logging in, many reasons for a such ping. Soo many people farmig the very same map. There are many reasons for this ping.

This is basically whats happening.

STS's servers are processing tons of user requests (whether it be player kills enemy, player opens Lock chest, player changes maps, etc), the server only has a certain amount of available resources to use before all of them are busy, and the server must start processing requests in the order of which they are received.
It is sort of like the lines of cashier tills at a local popular store. Once all available cashiers are busy, lines begin to form, hence checkout times begin to increase
Except in STS's server's case, the cashiers are the pings and requests from us (the player), the cashiers are the server's available resources, and ping increases, causing lag because all available "cashiers" are busy helping the "customers" causing a high ping (or "wait time").

Hope that makes sense.

Legendsoflegends
02-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Yesterday omg. I ping and dc. Or just dc. 30x. Just stood there and chat and dc. No farming yesterday didn't want to ping and died 30x. :(

ilhanna
02-20-2016, 02:54 PM
This is basically whats happening.

STS's servers are processing tons of user requests (whether it be player kills enemy, player opens Lock chest, player changes maps, etc), the server only has a certain amount of available resources to use before all of them are busy, and the server must start processing requests in the order of which they are received.
It is sort of like the lines of cashier tills at a local popular store. Once all available cashiers are busy, lines begin to form, hence checkout times begin to increase
Except in STS's server's case, the cashiers are the pings and requests from us (the player), the cashiers are the server's available resources, and ping increases, causing lag because all available "cashiers" are busy helping the "customers" causing a high ping (or "wait time").

Hope that makes sense.

Nice analogy, but still doesn't solve the issue of lag and disconnection. Increased number of players leading to massive lag during event has been an issue for well over a year at least, and there still isn't a fix in place for that? Meanwhile STS keeps releasing things that add even more burden to their servers: flappy wings, gear particle effects, animated banner, showy weapon procs, etc. Am I to understand that these had not been adequately supported with greater server capacity, hence the debilitating ping that is not limited to event map?

Mdy
02-20-2016, 04:12 PM
Same goes to me as well as friends in game..kinda strange i never see much threads posting about this issue..

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Dragoonclaws
02-20-2016, 04:40 PM
I don't think the special effects are burdens for the server. The effects are bound to the items. It's a simple way to make everything easy. It's like your device knows everything about the game. The server knows what everyone is wearing LIVE, and he only send you what you need to know about the people in the same map as you: what they're wearing (the effect is bound to the item so no info about the effects), the attacks they're makings, their movement, their actions (busy or not), the procs (RNG).

Now, the game has some functions running live all around Arlor at the same time; It's counting the number of potions drank, and it's watching over people who open Golden Lovecraft chests for the special Warning Announcement. The RNG is overriding due to the double odds and the massive. During other events, it's has a live LB. Listen, it's an event and they are way more things happening, the game is heavier, there are way more people playing.

The only way the special effects affect the ping is through the device's RAM. Then the servers aren't responsible for that ping.

Schnitzel
02-20-2016, 06:53 PM
Nice analogy, but still doesn't solve the issue of lag and disconnection. Increased number of players leading to massive lag during event has been an issue for well over a year at least, and there still isn't a fix in place for that? Meanwhile STS keeps releasing things that add even more burden to their servers: flappy wings, gear particle effects, animated banner, showy weapon procs, etc. Am I to understand that these had not been adequately supported with greater server capacity, hence the debilitating ping that is not limited to event map?

Thing is, the players can't really solve this problem. It is up to the devs.
Sure, the player could pack their bags and move nearer to wherever the STS servers are (I heard they're not in Austin, but somewhere else)

but ultimately, the devs are probably the only ones that can resolve the ping issue.
Also, servers are costly, which would mean,
sure better ping, but at the higher cost of maintaining said server
which will probably lead to increased platinum prices, or other PayToPlay sort of content
(I'm not a master at Economics, but this is how I figure will happen)

Wouldn't we all want to have new content in the game?

Veenihiv
02-21-2016, 06:10 AM
Yep , sometimes the Dog don't even stop walking..... ( I hope u understand what I meant )

Faliziaga
02-22-2016, 01:45 AM
Yep , sometimes the Dog don't even stop walking..... ( I hope u understand what I meant )

Yes, I've been stuck on loading screen a lot recently.