PDA

View Full Version : Drop System Change Coming

Clodoveo
07-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Will there be a change to the drop system to the upcoming update? ...As I was doing Sewer Catacombs runs for 7straight hours and about 12 hours overall..(lot at work lol) and missed 1 pink recurve and got nothing/nada I just got a little annoyed at the drop system. I think the drop system shouldn't be completely luck, it should based on "DROPoints" like couple of mmos.

Example: John receives High Value Pink in a team of 3 people
The other two gain "ValueDrop Points" so they gain a higher chance of receiving a drop next time compared to another person who doesnt have as much drop points
"DropPoints" lower everyday or startover if the user gets a high value item

Off Topic but anyone have any tips on What should I do ? Because I am trying to get better gear as a 55 Pure Int but no luck whatsoever...I hear Plasma Pyramid but how much cash /per hr is that?
I been doing Catacombs ALL WEEK and NO Pinks at all Lol..

DawnInfinity
07-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Haha, sorry. It's completely random. Plasma Pyramid is good cash.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19395-Farming-Plasma-Pyramid&highlight=gold+farming
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20837-Gold-Harvesting-in-Plasma-Pyramid-Optimal-method

Orcish
07-04-2011, 10:27 AM
I recommended something like this a while back. The drop system how it is now seems off to me. I like the idea of a progressive drop chance increase with every completed map or boss kill etc. It's a bitter taste to grind for hours and hour of the day, just at a chance to get an item to get nothing in the end.

Lesrider
07-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Should change your title -- sounds like you have news rather than a suggestion.

Orcish
07-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Should change your title -- sounds like you have news rather than a suggestion. Agreed

Riccits
07-04-2011, 10:36 AM
this thread will have a lot views LOL!

CanonicalKoi
07-04-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't know what the hourly rate is since it depends on how fast you can run it, but Plasma is ~2500 gold each complete run if you solo it.

Whirlzap
07-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Plasma is like 3-4k for me.
I thought there was a suggestion thread on the forums you know..-./

Arterra
07-04-2011, 01:06 PM
i like that idea. at first, it stays random. however, if a pink drops for someone else, you get a small drop percentage increase (maybe just for that specific boss) and when you finally get a pink it resets.
actually makes good sense.

ZHEOTARE
07-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I like the idea. My wife has gotten 7 pinks in the last week, between recipes and items. I got 2 in 3 weeks while doing xp runs from 25k up, and on wicked pot. I hear others complain of never getting drops, while others get them all the time. Something does seem off to this current random system. This idea would bring a more even drop system, per person, while keeping the actual item dropped random

noobmigo
07-04-2011, 02:18 PM
I like the idea. My wife has gotten 7 pinks in the last week, between recipes and items. I got 2 in 3 weeks while doing xp runs from 25k up, and on wicked pot. I hear others complain of never getting drops, while others get them all the time. Something does seem off to this current random system. This idea would bring a more even drop system, per person, while keeping the actual item dropped random

But this would wreck the economy. Not that I care, but there would be a lot of outrage about it. It would cause all item prices to go dirt cheap. Unless it was like .001 % added each run.

AdinoEznite
07-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Will there be a change to the drop system to the upcoming update? ...As I was doing Sewer Catacombs runs for 7straight hours and about 12 hours overall..(lot at work lol) and missed 1 pink recurve and got nothing/nada I just got a little annoyed at the drop system. I think the drop system shouldn't be completely luck, it should based on "DROPoints" like couple of mmos.

The other two gain "ValueDrop Points" so they gain a higher chance of receiving a drop next time compared to another person who doesnt have as much drop points

Off Topic but anyone have any tips on What should I do ? Because I am trying to get better gear as a 55 Pure Int but no luck whatsoever...I hear Plasma Pyramid but how much cash /per hr is that?

well sounds like not seeing pinks is your problem, i cant even find a purple lol

and usually the only greens i get are useless (to me) wands

Arterra
07-04-2011, 07:00 PM
But this would wreck the economy. Not that I care, but there would be a lot of outrage about it. It would cause all item prices to go dirt cheap. Unless it was like .001 % added each run.

nah. if drop rates are kept low from the start, like a good rarity item should be, then you should be rewarded for lots of farming anyway. the randomness is still there, but you can now experience a higher chance of items. frankly, the drop rates are not what needs fixing, it may be the difficulty.
the devs have yet to fix the catacombs trash heap room, since gas no longer hurts you. I REALLY ENJOYED the movement and timing aspect, more so than gurg, because it was a measurable trap system that you could evade and buff up for. saying "stay with me to live" and being the only one to notice the gas patter was awesome.
to the point/away from tangent: if devs make games more difficult, then it becomes more fun and a better challenge, and make it harder to actually get a drop.

I have been looking for a reason to post this again...

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/AO3wall.jpg

i miss the pre nerf ao3, really got the team together. i also bet it kept pinks down...

ZHEOTARE
07-04-2011, 07:29 PM

It wouldn't wreck the economy. Even if drop rate stayed the same. Unless you mean economy of the peeps who get all the drops currently. In reality, there are people who are too lazy to farm, so there will always be buyers.

Clodoveo
07-04-2011, 08:31 PM

Actually it wouldn't affect the market at ALL, it wouldn't effect the boss monster drop, it ONLY diverses the people who get it so you actually get rewarded for playing lot. So there would still be the same amount of items EXCEPT it would be usually in hands of people who work for it. OFC it doesn't mean lot of time spent means 100% drops, it just fluctuates

noobmigo
07-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Actually it wouldn't affect the market at ALL, it wouldn't effect the boss monster drop, it ONLY diverses the people who get it so you actually get rewarded for playing lot. So there would still be the same amount of items EXCEPT it would be usually in hands of people who work for it. OFC it doesn't mean lot of time spent means 100% drops, it just fluctuates

It would. There would be definitely more drops.

DOAPSaint
07-04-2011, 08:38 PM
It seems that if this system were implemented prices for rare gear would drop... That's good if you're buying I guess

Pharcyde
07-04-2011, 09:04 PM
i like that idea. at first, it stays random. however, if a pink drops for someone else, you get a small drop percentage increase (maybe just for that specific boss) and when you finally get a pink it resets.
actually makes good sense.

I dislike the idea, it will be abused like the runescape 26k trick AND the mini boss trick.

in the old style of pvp that took over wildy - you could build "potential" and get insane drops, while only risking 26k. Best I think I ever saw was a player got 18m off of a 26k trick that took 10 minutes to do.

Then the mini boss trick - you build a drop rate potential for each boss killed in runescape, mini bosses included. So if you kill a boss and get a bad loot/another player gets a good loot/or die at the boss, your odds of getting a good item increase. So players would jump into parties, kill the mini bosses, and leave. Leaving a player or small group of people to solo, and generally destroy parties. Then there were the suicide runners. Basically, they would join a boss party in welfare gear, or without any gear at all. They would let the boss kill them, and they would come right back over and over again. After about a hour of doing this, their drop potential was pretty much maxed out. Almost guaranteeing an item worth more than 1 million gold. Which for hourly farming, is pretty dang good. But this also drives prices of items way down.

I can just tell that similar things would be happening in pocket legends. Like people would host a game, fill it up, go host a new one, fill it up. Then leave and boot a player from the first game, and run all the way to the boss, kill the boss, then boot someone from the other game, run to the boss and kill the boss. Anything that offers a higher potential to get rich will be abused. No one can abuse "Random drops" and a players "Luck" to hit a random drop of their choice.

Clodoveo
07-04-2011, 09:52 PM
It would. There would be definitely more drops.

How would there be more drops...? The drop rate doesnt change, only who gets it...

Pharcycle I have no clue what you are talking about. Leaving and not killing the boss would not increase the Drop points chance at all. You have to kill the boss and get lucky if your teams get a good pink item, and when you do : Use the average price of the item in CS and divide it into number of team members.

Example" A gets 20k item in 4 Man team
5K Drop Point is given to every player

It doesn't have to be for EVERY item, just pinks. Since number of items in this game is ridiculous

Pharcyde
07-04-2011, 10:06 PM
How would there be more drops...? The drop rate doesnt change, only who gets it...

because it would build up your potential.

Players A,B,C,D,E enter Party 1

Player A gets a high value item

Player B,C,D,E get a 0.001% increased drop rate on a high value item.

Process repeats the next 9 games, and player A doesn't get another pink, nor does B,C,D,E.

Player A has a 0.009% drop increase.
Players B,C,D,E have a 0.010% drop increase.

Combined, they have a 0.049% drop increase.

Players Z,G,X,W,H enter Party 2

Same process occurs.

Party two has a 0.049% drop increase

Combined, they have 0.098% drop increase.

Repeat the process with 20 parties, thats a 0.98 drop increase.

Repeat the process with 200 parties, thats a 9.8% drop increase.

Repeat the process with 2000 parties, thats a 98% drop increase.

Theres what? Usually about 400-500 games going on at a given time? We will go with 10 minutes per party, with 3 players instead of 5, 500 games, for a hour.

3000 games with 3 people, lasting 10 minutes per game a hour. 117% drop increase.

Now lets take 24 hours.

2,808% drop increase

Clodoveo
07-04-2011, 10:16 PM
because it would build up your potential.

Players A,B,C,D,E enter Party 1

Player A gets a high value item

Player B,C,D,E get a 0.001% increased drop rate on a high value item.

Process repeats the next 9 games, and player A doesn't get another pink, nor does B,C,D,E.

Player A has a 0.009% drop increase.
Players B,C,D,E have a 0.010% drop increase.

Combined, they have a 0.049% drop increase.

Players Z,G,X,W,H enter Party 2

Same process occurs.

Party two has a 0.049% drop increase

Combined, they have 0.098% drop increase.

Repeat the process with 20 parties, thats a 0.98 drop increase.

Repeat the process with 200 parties, thats a 9.8% drop increase.

Repeat the process with 2000 parties, thats a 98% drop increase.

Theres what? Usually about 400-500 games going on at a given time? We will go with 10 minutes per party, with 3 players instead of 5, 500 games, for a hour.

3000 games with 3 people, lasting 10 minutes per game a hour. 117% drop increase.

Now lets take 24 hours.

2,808% drop increase

But why would the dropPoints for the team increase if they don't get a high value item..?

Sorry either I am just confused or just not putting enough effort to think this through lol..

Pharcyde
07-04-2011, 10:27 PM
But why would the dropPoints for the team increase if they don't get a high value item..?

Sorry either I am just confused or just not putting enough effort to think this through lol..

Because of this:

progressive drop chance increase with every completed map or boss kill etc.

Clodoveo
07-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Because of this:

Where did you get that quote from? Is this already implemented in the game or just a suggestion? I didn't suggest that..

If so that should be removed if this was put in

Orcish
07-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Where did you get that quote from? Is this already implemented in the game or just a suggestion? I didn't suggest that..

If so that should be removed if this was put in
It was quote from me, my bad for not being more specific, I was over simplifying.

Apply a drop rate bonus cap of +10%. Everytime a player completes that map/zone (all mobs destroyed) they recieve a +.05% drop rate bonus (so 200 runs to make the cap). Bonus drop rates reset to 0 should the player; switch maps (besides towns) or recieves any pink obtained from that zone (not from a player). No bonuses are accumulated unless that player is present for 90% of the map completion and is currently active assiting other players, casting spells, using abilities, killing mobs, (not to include self heals, buffs, or abilities that target themselves), that way some joe at the beginning, can't just spam heal, while the rest of the group does all the work. Bonuses are accumulative to the individual not to the group as a whole. Should a player die, they must immediately get back to the group or potentially miss out on the drop bonus, making mages role more important and earning more potential plat for STS. All these figures are a rough estimate at best, anything is subject to change. Heck You could even make the zone difficulty increase by +.05% to enemy stats for a zone completion.

Another way is to simply add way more crafting items, so that players can craft the gear they need or want (on STO 90% of the items in the game are craftable, the market is very fair). How about heroic versions of each map/zone that have a much higher drop rate and xp, but the mobs are that much more difficult? I personally would enjoy this most of all, being able to focus on completing a mission vs the many repeated sloppy runs.

Pharcyde
07-05-2011, 02:04 AM
It was quote from me, my bad for not being more specific, I was over simplifying.

Apply a drop rate bonus cap of +10%. Everytime a player completes that map/zone (all mobs destroyed) they recieve a +.05% drop rate bonus (so 200 runs to make the cap). Bonus drop rates reset to 0 should the player; switch maps (besides towns) or recieves any pink obtained from that zone (not from a player). No bonuses are accumulated unless that player is present for 90% of the map completion and is currently active assiting other players, casting spells, using abilities, killing mobs, (not to include self heals, buffs, or abilities that target themselves), that way some joe at the beginning, can't just spam heal, while the rest of the group does all the work. Bonuses are accumulative to the individual not to the group as a whole. Should a player die, they must immediately get back to the group or potentially miss out on the drop bonus, making mages role more important and earning more potential plat for STS. All these figures are a rough estimate at best, anything is subject to change. Heck You could even make the zone difficulty increase by +.05% to enemy stats for a zone completion.

Another way is to simply add way more crafting items, so that players can craft the gear they need or want (on STO 90% of the items in the game are craftable, the market is very fair). How about heroic versions of each map/zone that have a much higher drop rate and xp, but the mobs are that much more difficult? I personally would enjoy this most of all, being able to focus on completing a mission vs the many repeated sloppy runs.

I like the heroic map idea. Kinda like elite maps.
I totally agree with more crafting items, with more top gears from crafting.

As for drop rate bonuses, I still dislike the idea very much. You do gotta remember that the gear will be farmed nonstop, until a new level cap comes out. So the gear has to be rare enough to hold a decently high market value. So making a drop rate bonus would only cause another problem, pink flood. That would then need to be fixed by lowering the drop rates by a ton. Thus creating the illusion of "the more you farm, the more likely your going to get a pink". If there was lots of variety of top level gears, and several maps with high value gear, I wouldn't be so stuck up on the idea of drop rate bonuses.

Johnaudi
07-05-2011, 02:29 AM

Here you say that John recieves a pink : what is it? Lol

kinawarrior
07-05-2011, 03:09 PM
The more you farm, the more pinks you will get, pretty simple as that. Those that farm more are rewarded, those that farm less get less. I fail to see the problem?

You want more pinks, then farm more! Part of randomness is streaks of highs and lows, it's all random!

modredd
07-06-2011, 12:27 AM
I still feel the pink drop rate should be increased. personally I've had very good luck but I still think the drop rate is ridiculous and is the lowest of any level.
None of us will ever know the ratio or how random the drops are and I'd like to see more people experience the joy and the fun of winning one.
Instead of spending 12 hours coming up empty handed.

kinawarrior
07-06-2011, 07:31 AM
I still feel the pink drop rate should be increased. personally I've had very good luck but I still think the drop rate is ridiculous and is the lowest of any level.
None of us will ever know the ratio or how random the drops are and I'd like to see more people experience the joy and the fun of winning one.

Sums it up nicely.

LADYHADASSA
07-06-2011, 07:34 AM

I havd to agree with this, I used to have fair luck inthe lvl 50 maps but when sewers came out... ( i am a farmer mind you) i have gotten 5 drops this is after hours of farming, Over and again I will run maps with a group and watch two people get the dropps over and again.. Yes when you are working for gear it is frusturating... I have farmed for weeks to gather mega mage armour to a point that I stopped farming in last few weeks the frustration of knowing how many hours plat and gold spent... For those of us who farmed steady to get to max lvl that is alot of hours..Being one of the older players in pl...i cant imagine how frusturating it is for a teenager and younger.... I dont agree with high drop rates but perhapse a little higher of a percentage would bring more fun for the players overall. I have given away insane amouts of good dropps to help other players..with the sewers I have not been able to continue this.

Just my over all opinion

bluuuue
07-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Totally agree with pharcyde. Though I know it can get very frustrating. I went like three months in sewers with no pinks. When one finally dropped it was queens cowl which is inexpensive. Following weeks I was in pink heaven only to find another dry spell. That's part of the fun. If everyone got what they wanted they would gt bored quick. Totally random id the only way to go. Any point system will be taken advantage of. Just like beargular. Woops that was a secret. Lol