PDA

View Full Version : Question

Ogden
07-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I want to play PL with 3g but there is a problem: I have 500 Mb per month and I really want to know how much Mb PL is (in like playing an hour remaking sewers/AO3)

Ephemeris
07-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I can't help in terms of addressing your question regarding how much data PL typically consumes (e.g., 130MB/hour), but I wanted to see if WiFi is an option for you. Unless I'm traveling, I play almost entirely over WiFi and avoid the cellular data network all together. I know that this isn't an option for everyone, but I figured that I'd ask.

Pharcyde
07-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Not sure how much MB/h pocket legends is either. Would upgrading your plan be a option to you? Some plans have unlimited MB plans.

Ebalere
07-04-2011, 04:55 PM
I have a 1 gig plan, and my internet got cut for two months, so i had no wifi, only 4g. and i used my wifi hotspot on my phone so my gf could play on her touch at the same time, and between both of us playing steadily and often, i never hit 1 gb. That includes everything else i do on my phone (youtube, facebook, twitter, other games). Download netcounter if you're really worried, but netcounter always came in about 300 mb over what my bill was every month.

Orcish
07-04-2011, 05:31 PM
You could always build a directional wi-fi antenna (currently doing that for a friend now :P), would run you about $100 or less and you'll get about 1000+ meters (depending on line of sight and such) and pretty much free internet any where you go. Here's a fun little video about some of what I was talking about.

http://revision3.com/systm/questions