PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Sword

Titanium
02-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Since the release of the new weapons I'm having a rough time to PvP, upon that.. I made a break of playing AL because I thought that I must be wrong with this one. To be noted, i mostly PvP. And I'm the only one who thinks the arcane sword pools are extremly OP and STS didn't manage to test the weapon in PvP? Is it needed a video to make a point? About the proc rate of this weapon? It drops pools like raindrops in autumn season.

I'm trying to avoid pool without using pierce and also managed to win few clashes against 3-4 tanks teams. But I can't avoid all the pools . Cause each every normal hit of a tank it's creating another pool. I'm not familiarized with the proc, but all i can see is a public pool which makes dps class look like barbecue . SNS's pools are easy to avoid. They are not moving and not multiplicating. But this sword's pools remembers me about 2-3 seasons ago when any samael and computer user could spam pet's AA endlessly.

The pool rate shouldn't apply with such rate in PvP . I know I'm going to piss off some people . But I'm here to ask a question. Am I the only person who's highly annoyed about arcane sword's pools rate? Also pool-kills count as a kill in kdr ? Same thing goes for SNS ?

I'm so annoyed about the pool rate which made me think about capping a tank. We have extremly intresting events like hughthulu event or whatever that is... But how about fixing the PvP ? And put a limit of 2 for each class in one team.

Ollashed
02-22-2016, 07:57 AM
my opinion:
sword is decent...
the other arcane weaps r too weak :)

kinzmet
02-22-2016, 08:18 AM
The sword is decent on its own, but it really hard to avoid once tanks staked. 3-4 tanks with the same arcane weapon will create soo many pools. For me its was a great weapon for the tanks, the problem was not the weapon but the stacking.

kydrian
02-22-2016, 08:19 AM
"I'm having a rough time to PvP" wars have had it rough for awhile lol now you know how we feel

Titanium
02-22-2016, 08:28 AM
"I'm having a rough time to PvP" wars have had it rough for awhile lol now you know how we feel

Tanks always been needed in clash. Don't confuse clash with versus/duel. Right now , a rogue in clash is more than enough. Tanks and mages are the real power.

Qmefree
02-22-2016, 08:36 AM
why mage can put only 1 consecrates but tank can create soo many pools... not fair for mage

kydrian
02-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Tanks always been needed in clash. Don't confuse clash with versus/duel. Right now , a rogue in clash is more than enough. Tanks and mages are the real power.
Then don't rush in lol just stay behind your tank and try to use the walls to not get pulled.

xZauiflele
02-22-2016, 08:53 AM
Pools are okay. I tested pools damage 100-300 per second each pool max pool is 5-6 but rarely you are taking damage from more than 3 pool is vs. About clash if you are committing 3-4 warriors clash your side atleast need 2 warriors. And these pools from your side also damage rogue of the other side. So, If the issue is about vs then it is considerable otherwise you just need some op tank frnds. Btw there was a uselessness whenever a team was exceeding 1-2 warriors in pvp pve both. That was reallyannoyingg, I was getting forved leave the zone ctf if theres already a warrior/2warriors in team.
So, Think practically pools hit both side you need to play clash smartly by hidding back and hitting snipees.

Kujimasun
02-23-2016, 01:19 AM
I'm going to have to agree. The amount of debuffs combined with stun and damage rrom the lava pools is in defensible. Even tanks that I pvp with admit it's OP.

If tanks keep this ability rogues damage shouldnt be nerfed and mage ice should work to it's full ability. Nevermind the fact the proc doesn't require a charge....

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Ophelia
02-23-2016, 03:34 AM
Gawd I highly second this.

Anyone who thinks arcane sword is fine just as it is shud try vsing a tank.
Throw in th op triple axe from glint set, I bet my last penny you won't win.

Pvp balance at 46 is really a joke atm.
In th past, if two teams were evenly geared,
Th more skilled and experienced team would easily win by 100-200 kills up.

Right now, show me a clash where net kill scores differ by 50+
If both teams have same number of glintstone set tanks with arcane sword.
Winning a clash is too much dependent on warriors gear and proc.

If you keep up with endgame clashes on YouTube,
You'll realise there are barely any videos being posted since th inception of arcane weapons.
I wonder why is that.

will0
02-23-2016, 04:17 AM
This lava spout making me remember how op arcane maul stun used to be so long ago.. Warriors rule pvp then and now...

Titanium
02-23-2016, 06:28 AM
Then don't rush in lol just stay behind your tank and try to use the walls to not get pulled.

One thing that I managed to mastered lately is the way of playing in defensive and not getting pulled. I know what I'm doing almost all the time, the pools are doing more than 100-300 dmg per second, imagine getting into 89278942 pools. Aren't you a tank yourself? So appropriate ... Rogues are barbecue. STS should look into this cause I feel like it's getting out of their hands. People are moving to tank class cause of the sword's opness. A Tank can win 3v1 nowadays. Thank STS for giving an advantage to the arcane sword in PVP. Not cool!

kinzmet
02-23-2016, 06:52 AM
But I figured after the expansion, it wouldn't be as effective as it is now.

Shackler
02-23-2016, 07:47 AM
We warriors didnt say even a word about nerfing someone when STS
-Released useless bulwarks for us while giving OP bows to rogues
-Made mages more op than ever and unbeatable
-Released useless bulwark for us and giving OP bow to rogue and an OP gun to mage which was already unbeatable

Now we are able to compete with rogues and mages.
Please dont ruin it.

Note: Its not that op. I still can't beat Zeus in 1v1.

extrapayah
02-23-2016, 08:59 AM
the proc works like magma sword, so you can hit air to proc, and then after successfully proc-ed it will buff you and this buff will create pool every second around the warrior for around 7-8s...

so it's not like one hit one pool, but once you proc, you will have successive 7-8 pools, and each pools can hold for around 5s, this mechanic make the pools looks endless...

and the rate for the proc is actually so-so, pretty equal to that of magma sword

as for the stuns, while you're under the buff, each normal attacks has a chance to stun players/bosses

kydrian
02-23-2016, 09:01 AM
the proc works like magma sword, so you can hit air to proc, and then after successfully proc-ed it will buff you and this buff will create pool every second around the warrior for around 7-8s...

so it's not like one hit one pool, but once you proc, you will have successive 7-8 pools, and each pools can hold for around 5s, this mechanic make the pools looks endless...

and the rate for the proc is actually so-so, pretty equal to that of magma sword

as for the stuns, while you're under the buff, each normal attacks has a chance to stun players/bosses
It's 10 pools and the stun only happens at a 20% rate

noisy
02-23-2016, 09:02 AM
Nekro shield, mage shield , razor and jugg have stun immunity and a rogue
will dodge the auto attack most of the times.

Ophelia
02-23-2016, 09:23 AM
It's 10 pools and the stun only happens at a 20% rate

10x20 = 200% cumulative chance to stun

Let's not forget that th burn damage has a dot effect.
Even if rogs pierce away from lava pools,
We'll still be taking considerable damage.

Never mind stun immunity,
I could activate razor shield...
Get pulled into th lava pools and still be dead within 3 secs.

A good tank in th past:
- knows how to alternate dmg absorption
- well coordinated heal timings
- protects team dps
- feebles opponent dps

A good tank at present:
- whoever spawns th largest Olympic lava pool

Sts needs to relook this weapon.

kydrian
02-23-2016, 09:31 AM

A good tank in th past:
- protects team dps
- feebles opponent dps

A good tank at present:

200%? Jesus read before you assume innacurate percentages. 20% stun each Normal attack the pools don't stun they only slow. A good tank? Yea that's true but ever since rogues can literally 2-3 hit a tank or even "combo" we'd die easily so tanks became useless we were only needed in clashes. Most tanks couldn't even compete in 1v1s unless they had Nekro. This weapon doesn't need a relook its a Arcane its suppose to be Op. Just because your Arcane Daggers aren't so good doesn't mean you can ask for tanks weapon to be Nerfed. Learn how to play the game and find out new tactics and stop spamming your skills like you did when wars were easy to kill. . . now you know how we tanks felt always getting killed so easily. By the way who's in front arcane legends app. Lol

Niixed
02-23-2016, 09:41 AM
I agree that the Dragon Hunter Sword proc happens too frequently and the lava sprouts are probably too overpowered. However, I think it's best to let it stay as-is. Warriors have had the short straw for so long, I'm ok with the tables being turned for a short while. When the expansion is released the balance will begin to change again. Rogues especially have had it so easy for forever, it's good for them to have to work hard to overcome an overpowered opponent.

Froxanthar
02-23-2016, 09:42 AM
i dont think this sword need a nerf. with arcane sword or not, some will prefer not to fight with 4 warriors in clashes..

what sts need to do is to make stampy AA can remove those "pools" too. bring the days which some pet AA is useful instead of having 24 hours nekro as a main pet.

Giwrgos Manashs
02-23-2016, 10:28 AM
The problem is not the sword the problem is stacking warriors,lava from one weapon is not so op while rogue still can 1 combo an end game warrior. ..nerfing the weapon will make warriors again weak in pve and priests in PvP ,running in front of a rogue to gift him kills. ..

Vengeful Spirit
02-23-2016, 08:11 PM
No they don't happen frequently

will0
02-23-2016, 08:38 PM
No they don't happen frequently

9/10 agree lava pool spawn easily .. take a look in town a warrior swing the lava sword and stand still it will spawn random lava spout from no where

( DAMAGE )
02-23-2016, 08:39 PM
its just funny how rogues dont complain about 1 or 2 shotting any tank after jugg off..but complain about warriors being op
you are just complaining coz warriors can actually vs or get kills.....
look at warriors kdr for f sake mate....
if not dummy farmers or ex twinks...90 percent r negative or slightly positive...
just coz rogues cant be arrogant and just kill all....they r crying now...
in my opinion...tanks need the buff fair or not.....b4 the arcane sword pvp was 90 percent dps...and tanks unwanted in pve...literally tank class died...so let people make tanks.....and stop complaining
thats my personal opinion,,,

Kingslaughter
02-23-2016, 08:55 PM
Ahahha true....if not dummy farmer or ex twink no fakin warrior can hav a good kdr...( am not talkin tank who playin since arcane maul) am talkin bout tank nowadays...see their kdr zzz

Vixenne
02-23-2016, 10:09 PM
its just funny how rogues dont complain about 1 or 2 shotting any tank after jugg off..but complain about warriors being op
you are just complaining coz warriors can actually vs or get kills.....
look at warriors kdr for f sake mate....
if not dummy farmers or ex twinks...90 percent r negative or slightly positive...
just coz rogues cant be arrogant and just kill all....they r crying now...
in my opinion...tanks need the buff fair or not.....b4 the arcane sword pvp was 90 percent dps...and tanks unwanted in pve...literally tank class died...so let people make tanks.....and stop complaining
thats my personal opinion,,,

I'm a Rogue and I strongly approve this message :) I always believed Rogues aren't the best. I'm even glad there's more competition with power and skills now as compared to before.

Zeus
02-23-2016, 11:51 PM
Gawd I highly second this.

Anyone who thinks arcane sword is fine just as it is shud try vsing a tank.
Throw in th op triple axe from glint set, I bet my last penny you won't win.

Pvp balance at 46 is really a joke atm.
In th past, if two teams were evenly geared,
Th more skilled and experienced team would easily win by 100-200 kills up.

Right now, show me a clash where net kill scores differ by 50+
If both teams have same number of glintstone set tanks with arcane sword.
Winning a clash is too much dependent on warriors gear and proc.

If you keep up with endgame clashes on YouTube,
You'll realise there are barely any videos being posted since th inception of arcane weapons.
I wonder why is that.

Idk about other rogues, but even with this weapon, I am able to win in vs against other warriors. However, the amount of kills that the warrior gains on me has gone up. I still am able to win majority though. I would figure out how to combat it.

In clash, however, stacking of the pools should not be allowed. If the consecrate cannot stack, then why can warrior pools stack? There's 300 damage coming every .5 seconds from those pools. On top of that, they stun/slow, and have no CD. This allows for an insane amount of damage with lack of CD. At least, SNS pools have a CD. These, do not.

A good tank in th past:
- protects team dps
- feebles opponent dps

A good tank at present:

200% chance to stun...that's not exactly how math works, my dear. It would actually be a significantly lower chance than that hyperbole.

intizamfamily888
02-24-2016, 12:52 AM
i dont think this sword need a nerf. with arcane sword or not, some will prefer not to fight with 4 warriors in clashes..

what sts need to do is to make stampy AA can remove those "pools" too. bring the days which some pet AA is useful instead of having 24 hours nekro as a main pet.
This is the best solution

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

xZauiflele
02-24-2016, 04:12 AM
You know in MMO's as tank player you have 2 options, you can either go pure tank or as dps tank, if you choose to be dps you lose your tank abilites and you do little less than normal dps bc you still have slightly superior defensive abilities. Thats how classes work to balance it. As for in AL with that sword and proc tank does more damage than mage and way way more tanking skills than any other class. So an undergeared tank comes and 2 vs 1 kills 2 dps like rambo thats unbalanced. If you gonna go as dps you have to lose defensive abilities of tank.

When you look at comments warr. also agree its overpowered noone saying its balanced. and as excuse they say rogue got better weapons than tank in past like one mistake can be make up by other.. This isnt math! two "-" doesnt make "+".

I strongly challange dev. team to do ctf against tank. I think they missed that part when they developed that weapons.

As for the kill statistics they say tank kdr rose after sword. you know that whole statistic system is wrong. Its designed for dps class kill and death ratio. Jesus tank suppose to tank how they put them in same evaluation as dps class of kill and death ratio.

STS know why they do make arcane sword pools and why they give draggers=bow dmg with 5.5-6k health to rogues. That sword do very less skill damage. All damage goes in form to dot and pools. Btw uf you campare everything honeslty make your own tank and run. Is it rogue legend? Still rogues very op just the no. tanks in each team support team. Score Cards are now equal. You want nerf sword? then i would recommend to remove 50 damage and 300 health from draggers and staff sure proc. I support equality, I don't support warrior coz im warrior, I have rogue too you just need to play from last bench and you warriors must be pulling them to you.

Giwrgos Manashs
02-24-2016, 04:56 AM
well. ..this means you need a warrior with arc sword in your team not only to heal you.

Froxanthar
02-24-2016, 04:58 AM
or delete Warrior from Arcane Legends database..

Dex_addict
02-24-2016, 05:34 AM
Idk about other rogues, but even with this weapon, I am able to win in vs against other warriors. However, the amount of kills that the warrior gains on me has gone up. I still am able to win majority though. I would figure out how to combat it.

In clash, however, stacking of the pools should not be allowed. If the consecrate cannot stack, then why can warrior pools stack? There's 300 damage coming every .5 seconds from those pools. On top of that, they stun/slow, and have no CD. This allows for an insane amount of damage with lack of CD. At least, SNS pools have a CD. These, do not.

Well if with all your gear gemmed with eyes and para gems, giving you insane damage, mana, crit and hp too, (the majority of rogues are not walking around geared like that) and even you are now gaining more deaths than you previously were by warriors then just think how it is for the rest of us "average" geared rogues lol! xD
Don't get me wrong I think it is brilliant that warriors finally have a great weapon giving them more of a chance to gain kills in PvP and of course they don't want anything to change but let's be honest here if PvP wasn't balanced before then it certainly isn't now! This isn't about an issue with versus battles this is about TDM and CTF, it was bad enough imo that warriors with glintstone were able to use that skill to full advantage in PvP (compared to rogues with traps) and having a couple of warriors on the opposite team with that axe ability was definitely pretty challenging in itself. I can completely understand why PvP is now full of warriors glintstoned and/or with these swords wanting to take advantage of getting kills but then I say lift the damage nerf added to Rogues from pvp now...it is ridiculous that this is still in place when we have warriors walking around with insane damage, along with their normal attributes of crazy HP, Armor and even weapons and gears bumping up crit, it is becoming increasingly difficult to see the point of having a rogue in PvP at all? I agree with Zeus that these pools should not be able to stack or that they should be removeable with a pet AA, other than that I say stay out of PvP until lvl cap 56+ or create a warrior lol!

Arachnophobik
02-24-2016, 05:45 AM
I am a severely undergeared tank on a severely bad device (using bluestacks now cuz I broke my phone, lost skill switching versatility and lost the ability to cancel my own charged skills), and have been in and out of pvp for a few times just to help out a friend. I gotta admit, the sword is op, but as for a nerf nope. +1 to what Zeus said, the proc shouldn't stack tho. The proc rate is like a magma sword and I haven't seen a war weapon had that proc rate for a long time now, specially something this strong. I wont even bother with nerfing its dmg or its proc dmg tho, its gunna get outdated in 56 anyways so I don't see any use complaining, every class has its time where they're given something op to hold then eventually get outdated anyways. Instead, people should be complaining about the amount of tanks that cant tank these days, seriously, so many of em are focusing on stats and dmg yet they cant seem to figure out their roles in a clash.

Allocate
02-24-2016, 07:38 AM
The FAKE Rogue players be like, what?

We can't just spam "skill attacks" all day and win? We actually have to form a strategy and master our class to the best of our ability? I thought I was playing "Pay-to-win" and "I'm horrible at 'real' games, so I need to play "Stat-based" games, ya know, just kill monsters to 'git gud' and dump some cash to get stats faster and kill people with weaker stats than us? You mean, I can't feel good about myself so easily? I have to work for my wins? Oh no, I forfeit, need to find another stat abuse simulator/game so I can pay/abuse to win again.

And when they can't. Haha, they come back and face the music. No other stat-based game is horrible at balance as AL in terms of classes. Never do you see Warriors so helpless in other MMOs. For a while in AL, you did.... Well now things have changed and STS have done a fantastic job at giving something warriors can defend themselves with and not be picked off helplessly like baby sea lions. This target hits back now, and hard! So you better be good, adapt and learn how to maximize your builds or you can go keep crying in the corner. Don't think STS will change your diapers. Even more sad, if you are a grown adult, how embarrassing.

REAL Rogue Players will have assessed the situation already and have found a sound strategy against the new proc. Never quit or cried but accepted this new challenge with open arms for they are of the what we call "Pro", the real professionals, who play the "game". They can play any game and will succeed because they have the drive/competitive mindset of a Fighter not a Loser. Take notes you whiny little children.

aneshsinghblu
02-25-2016, 02:51 AM
so many fake wars around now. . swinging a sword till it proc. . hmmm so much skill in that.

Little Table
02-25-2016, 02:57 AM
dont cry, create warrior and play

aneshsinghblu
02-25-2016, 03:56 AM
the zombie vanity so fitting for wars now.. . . .swing swing swing proc axe . . repeat
:-D