PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

Spudboy
06-06-2010, 12:59 AM
I would like to see a pair of numbers for each account, that can be seen upon examining any character's avatar page.

The first number would be the number of ratings and the second would be a number from somewhere between, say, -100 and +100. Every account starts at 0.

Each account can only rate another account once, and it carries to each character on that account. Yes, that's a challenge for family and siblings using the same account, but it would keep those committed to their account honest & protective.

Each account would simply be allowed to only once give another account a plus or minus whenever they felt like it, based on their time interacting with them. And each rating would just be balanced as part of the average, not a whole number shift. This would allow for evidence of a slow track record without a chance for one person causing a big swing without a lot of effort. And no rating privileges before level 14.

This would give those of us who will always be playing in PuGs and are unlikely to get to know other players closely, a better chance at having a fun play experience.

Advance
06-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Raise rating privilage level to 30 at the very least.
1-14 is a joke
hell, 1-30 is not rocket science either.

FriedSushi
06-06-2010, 08:53 PM
maybe starting at lv 16, we wouldnt want to exclude too many people

EDIT: it should be lv 19. that way you can rate others only if you pass balefort

FluffNStuff
06-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Accounts are free. Anyone with two iDevices (iPod, iPad, iPhone) can continuously create scamming accounts and trade gains to their primary player.

ed anger
06-07-2010, 11:49 AM
just add an action house, easier way to solve interacting/trading

Spudboy
06-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Ah. I was mistakenly thinking that you could not level past 13 without paying for the additional adventures. And that one would not likely want to pay for & level multiple accounts just to boost a point or two in a player-subjective rating with no actual in-game effect.

There will always be cheats, hacks and scams and sociopathic-leaning losers who will use them. But, if you can, at a glance see that the level 10 guy you're chatting with has 200+ ratings and it's well into the positive, you know a bit more about their commitment to the game and from where their advice is coming. While twits spamming "fr33 st00f pleeez!" in town can quickly gain a negative rep that will require starting over to expunge.

There are plenty of uses beyond trade/sales. For example, (and I know this is personal, subjective and very likely wrong-headed) if I'm in a 30+ level adventure, and a lev 15 pops in, I am usually disinclined to spend extra effort helping them stay alive. However, if I knew this was an alt, or an account with a lot of positive ratings in the game, I would be more likely to have them along, presuming they knew what they were asking.

flaimdude
06-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Brilliant idea, and level 14 sounds good. That way the person has to have had purchased something, and shows that they're dedicated to the game.