PDA

View Full Version : Does Glintstone Staff of Wits seem to sometimes not attack?

Schnitzel
02-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Sometimes, as I'm spam clicking the attack button (normal attack) on my glintstone staff of wits (3x Excellent Nature Jewels),
my mage seems to be stuck in a non-attacking look. He can still run around and fire skills at enemies, but that blast of purple light doesn't show up
Then sometimes, when I press and hold to charge the staff, the charge bar seems not to do anything for a couple seconds (1-3s) then begins the charging animation
I notice this most when fighting bosses.

I dunno if its just me,
but even when my ping is green, this sometimes seems to happen

On a side note, didn't the charging color and blast light for mythic weapons use to be light-blue/mythic-orange?

Was kind of disappointed when I bought the staff, and found it showed the purple color of legendary weapons :/

Schnitzel
02-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Ran some tests,

I ran with random players,

Seems the bug happens when I charge and attack with the Glintstone staff,
then when I keep clicking for normal attacks, the animation doesn't play until I move my character around a bit.

For some reason, when I ran a solo party, it doesn't happen (probably because Hugthulu kept sending my mage flying across the map)

Remiem
02-29-2016, 02:21 PM
Hey Ruizhe. Are you positive this is only happening with that specific staff, or do you encounter this with other weapons as well? We've been seeing similar reports for different classes/weapons and so are working on pinpointing what may be the cause. Let me know. :)

Schnitzel
02-29-2016, 07:03 PM
Hey Ruizhe. Are you positive this is only happening with that specific staff, or do you encounter this with other weapons as well? We've been seeing similar reports for different classes/weapons and so are working on pinpointing what may be the cause. Let me know. :)

Yep, very positive.

I got a planar rod, and a boulder gun

Tested both of those out on maps, they work without issue.
I can stand in one place and charge attack (works), then spam normal attacks (works)

but the glintstone staff of wits (I don't have any other glintstone staffs (Barely afforded my Wits staff, too broke for the other ones), so I dunno about the other versions),
I can charge an attack, it fires correctly, but if I don't move from my current location, my character doesn't animate the attack nor does it deal any damage to the mobs (I've been testing it vs Hugthulu, and more recently on the mobs in WT4). If I use the normal attack on the staff, it refuses to do anything. (charge still works, skills charge/uncharge still work), just that the only temporary solution to it is me moving my smurf on his little stubby legs while attacking to get the staff to attack normally after a charged attack.

Here's a terribly edited no-music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nHa45n_E8o

wangkj
03-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Yeah I got the glint staff too three glacial gems and it doesn't auto attack correctly I gotta move around for it to fire