PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon to Arcane Legends: Skill Mastery!

Remiem
02-22-2016, 07:03 PM
**IMPORTANT** The following information describes a feature still in development and is subject to change.

Hey folks! In our recent posts we've been alluding to the suite of amazing new features coming in Client 1.5. Well, I'm here to introduce the very first, and possibly the largest undertaking for this client: Skill Mastery!

As Arcane Legends grows, and each expansion grants more skill points, players have started reaching a ceiling on the uses of their skill points, meaning less diversity of player builds, and eventually--nothing to put points into! Uh oh.

At the upcoming level cap of 56, players will have a total of 55 skill points to spend. With the current system, that essentially gives you the ability to train and fully upgrade every single skill, AND max out 3 passives. Or put points into every single one--if you wanted. This is cool and all, but don't you want a little more choice in the way you build you character?

Skill Mastery will give you just that...

In Client 1.5 a new tab appears on the Skills Screen: Masteries. Adding levels of mastery to a skill will incrementally increase their stats, adding more power and better specialization to your character build. For example,

This is Noxious Bolt on a rogue at Mastery Rank 1. You'll see that at Rank 1 we've added 0.4 seconds to our DoT damage and increased the damage of each tick by 1%. You can also see what will happen at Rank 2. A 0.8 second increased and +2% damage per tick. See the pattern? As you continue progressing the skill will get more and more powerful until, at Rank 10:

You've added 4 seconds to your DoT and 10% damage per tick.

The Nitty Gritty

+ Masteries become available at player level 20.
+ Each skill has 10 Ranks of Mastery
+ Each Rank of mastery offers an incremental increase to a relevant skill stat.
+ You must train a skill before you can add Mastery Ranks
+ Stat increases do stack with buffs from pets and elixirs.

What Does Each Mastery Do?

Here's a run down of what the masteries will look like for each skill.

Warrior

Skyward Smash Mastery: Increase the Impact Radius of Skyward Smash by 0.25m per point
Vengeful Blood Mastery: Vengeful Blood cool down is reduced by 0.5sec per point
Windmill Mastery: Increase Critical chance by 0.25% per point, and increase the maximum number of targets by 1 for every 2 points
Rallying Cry Mastery: Add 0.125 STR per point, per level while Rallying Cry is active
Juggernaut Mastery: Juggernaut cooldown reduced by 0.5 sec per point
Horn of Renew Mastery: Horn of Renew now adds 0.4 armor per point, per caster level, while the heal over time effect is active
Chest Splitter Mastery: Chest Splitter Mana cost reduced by 2% per point
Axe Throw Mastery: Axe Throw applies a DoT that lasts 5 seconds, each tick deals damage and has a 10% chance per point to taunt the afflicted enemy. Ticks every 0.5 seconds.

Rogue

Shadow Storm Mastery: Increase the effective AOE range of Shadow Storm by 0.25m per point, and increase the maximum number of targets by 1 for every 2 points.
Shadow Veil Mastery: Buffs allies inside Shadow Veil an additional 0.25 Damage per point
Shadow Piercer Mastery: Shadow Piercer now heals for an additional 0.5% of players max health per point. This effect stacks with the Shadow Absorption Upgrade.
Razor Shield Mastery: Reduces damage taken with Razor Shield active by 1.0% per point
Noxious Bolt Mastery: Increase DoT length 0.4 seconds per point, and DoT tick damage by 1.0% per point
Entangling Trap Mastery: Reduces Cooldown of Entangling Trap by 0.25 sec per point
Combat Medic Mastery: Medic packs now also replenish 0.33 Mana per point, per character level
Aimed Shot Mastery: Reduce Mana cost of Aim Shot by 2% per point

Sorcerer

Arcane Shield Mastery: Increase the amount Arcane Shield can absorb by 1.5% per point
Curse Mastery: Curse now reduces target's chance to Crit by 1.0% per point.
Fireball Mastery: Reduce Mana Cost of fireball by 2% per point
Frost Bolt Mastery: Frost Bolt has a 0.4% chance per point to freeze an enemy, boss, or player for 2 seconds
Gale Force Mastery: Casting Gale Force adds a buff that lasts 0.4 seconds per point, and ticks every 0.4 seconds. Each tick removes any negative effects on the Sorcerer. (Bleed, slow, freeze, stun, etc)
Lifegiver Mastery: Lifegiver Sapling - there is a 2.5% chance per point to spawn a sapling at a healed group members location. Saplings remain stationary, and heal any allies within a 4m radius for 1% health per tick at a rate of one tick per seconds for 4 seconds. If a player remains in that location they will heal for 4% of their max life over 4 seconds.
Lightning Mastery: Increases Lightning Damage by 1% per point
Time Shift Mastery: Time Shift has a 0.35% chance per tick to freeze weaker enemies in between time and space indefinitely, stunning them permanently. Weaker enemies do not include players or bosses.

Other Skill System Changes

Along with skill mastery, we'll be tweaking some of the passive skills to balance them with Skill Mastery and our ongoing itemization plan. These changes include:

+ Damage: Points placed into the Damage passive skill will increase your DMG stat by .5 points, instead of the current 1% increase. This will eliminate the issue players faced where elixirs or pet buffs would wash out the points from this passive.
+ Critical Chance: Each point placed into Critical will now increase your chance to land a critical hit by 0.6% instead of 1%. This was reduced to compensate for Crit chance coming in from Masteries as well as future gear sets, to keep it in balance with a sustainable power curve.

But, Respecs cost $$!

Don't worry, we'll be handing out 5 free respec scrolls to every player at the time of this update so that you have plenty of room to experiment and decide on the build that is best for you. :)

Plus, we'll be giving you guys the opportunity to earn some extra respec scrolls during an upcoming weekly event.

And there you have it! A first look at the new Mastery system. As always, please feel free to provide us with your thoughts, questions and concerns (the constructive kind!) and remember that this information is in development and subject to change. You'll get to try it out for yourself very soon, with the release of Client 1.5.

Aimanxasuna
02-24-2016, 04:10 PM
I always want to do this.

1st!!

lol

oekeone
02-24-2016, 04:10 PM
2nd yay damn daniel

diimitrii
02-24-2016, 04:11 PM
Nicee!! Looking forward, please release asap!! I want new content, bored af atm... I mean it ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

Jazzi
02-24-2016, 04:19 PM
Just want to say that shadow storm strike range and number of enemies upgrades are fully bugged and currently don't work at all. If you don't fix those first, the skill mastery of that skill is useless.
The skill mastery of aimed shot is useless as is too.
Please gives us choices here. Not useless upgrades. Ty in advance!!!

From a rogue's standpoint only useful masteries are:
1)Shadow Storm mastery, if and only if: the currently not working upgrades are fixed and they stack with the mastery + new maps have higher mob density than rengol
2)Razor shield: mostly for PvP and maybe elite
3)Noxious bolt mastery
4) Traps mastery, if and only if: bleed not stacking is fixed

Remiem
02-24-2016, 04:26 PM
None of the masteries for mages seem worth it.

0.4% chance to freeze seems extremely low unless the DoT from ice also causes this bonus freeze. Even then it seems a tad bit too low.

Lightning damage increase, would have been better with an armour reduction bonus on lightning but it seems pretty decent
This will truely change AL,now with people needing skill mastery to PvP, respec each time you want to PvE.

Might even come across as another way to sell platinum(respec scrolls <_<)

While .4% seems small, remember there are 10 levels to each Mastery, so at max level it will be a 4% boost.

Jazzi
02-24-2016, 04:30 PM
While .4% seems small, remember there are 10 levels to each Mastery, so at max level it will be a 4% boost.

You always have to calculate as in how many times this will happen per run in any map. Imo even at level 10 (4%) this most it will "proc" max once per higher elite run. This is for 10 levels worth of points

scarysmerf
02-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Wow this all sounds awsome its gonna feel like a whole new Arcane legends.:)

Morholt
02-24-2016, 05:11 PM
A few days ago I joked that the skill mastery system would basically be "1 skill point adds 1% damage bonus to the skill."
Turns out...that's pretty much what we ended up getting. We've been waiting since 2014 for this?
At least...at least it is fairly balanced, such as not making aimed shot more overpowered. Some skills do have a nice touch, such as horn of Renee being able to add around 200 defense. Things, such as fireball, have pretty miniscule upgrades.

--Shadow Storm Shot: the skill is already broken. The mastery just adds onto the broken element. Is the skill actually going to be fixed?

--Frostbolt: so the mastery is next to non-existent vs mobs...but for bosses we get a chance to freeze, which is nice. And mages will finally be (sort of) allowed to freeze in PvP? Civil rights for mages is getting closer: almost able to do what pets can do! :P

--Lifegiver: if a group of 4 are huddled together, and stay there for all 4 seconds...Will all 4 saplings work on all four players, thus returning 16% health to each player? Tacking some mana to the mastery would be a nice touch, too.

chummierfrog248
02-24-2016, 05:30 PM
When update comes I won't be online and when they give out ankh I won't get one because I won't be on when update comes :'((((((((((

Zylx
02-24-2016, 05:32 PM
I think it would be neat to add a full-power bonus to the skill masteries that are 10/10. Like for example, if one has Fireball maxed to 10/10, the skill has a chance to proc additional, smaller firecrackers within the radius of the explosion adding smaller damage ticks. Shadow piercer can have a chance to proc a shadow-double that would spawn and hit another nearby enemy (once per skill use). Etc. Etc.

Elgrablyx
02-24-2016, 05:36 PM
Aimed Shot mana cost will be very useful at PvP for Rogues , that is the most used skill and it eats up mana , Nice work Sts

robetbee
02-24-2016, 05:37 PM
Sound cool at ice bold and gale force and shield cant wait ^^

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk

Pyrogenie
02-24-2016, 05:50 PM
I have to say I see a few issues to come with this system but I also see some major improvements. All and all as long as there is something new happening in AL then I'm happy. +1

Crowsfoot
02-24-2016, 05:51 PM
I have a few questions about the below highlighted changes.

Warrior

Skyward Smash Mastery: Increase the Impact Radius of Skyward Smash by 0.25m per point
Windmill Mastery: Increase Critical chance by 0.25% per point, and increase the maximum number of targets by 1 for every 2 points
Rallying Cry Mastery: Add 0.125 STR per point, per level while Rallying Cry is active
Horn of Renew Mastery: Horn of Renew now adds 0.4 armor per point, per caster level, while the heal over time effect is active
Axe Throw Mastery: Axe Throw applies a DoT that lasts 5 seconds, each tick deals damage and has a 10% chance per point to taunt the afflicted enemy. Ticks every 0.5 seconds.

Rogue

Shadow Storm Mastery: Increase the effective AOE range of Shadow Storm by 0.25m per point, and increase the maximum number of targets by 1 for every 2 points.
Shadow Veil Mastery: Buffs allies inside Shadow Veil an additional 0.25 Damage per point
Shadow Piercer Mastery: Shadow Piercer now heals for an additional 0.5% of players max health per point. This effect stacks with the Shadow Absorption Upgrade.
Razor Shield Mastery: Reduces damage taken with Razor Shield active by 1.0% per point
Noxious Bolt Mastery: Increase DoT length 0.4 seconds per point, and DoT tick damage by 1.0% per point
Entangling Trap Mastery: Reduces Cooldown of Entangling Trap by 0.25 sec per point
Combat Medic Mastery: Medic packs now also replenish 0.33 Mana per point, per character level

Sorcerer

Arcane Shield Mastery: Increase the amount Arcane Shield can absorb by 1.5% per point
Frost Bolt Mastery: Frost Bolt has a 0.4% chance per point to freeze an enemy, boss, or player for 2 seconds
Lifegiver Mastery: Lifegiver Sapling - there is a 2.5% chance per point to spawn a sapling at a healed group members location. Saplings remain stationary, and heal any allies within a 4m radius for 1% health per tick at a rate of one tick per seconds for 4 seconds. If a player remains in that location they will heal for 4% of their max life over 4 seconds.
Time Shift Mastery: Time Shift has a 0.35% chance per tick to freeze weaker enemies in between time and space indefinitely, stunning them permanently. Weaker enemies do not include players or bosses.1) Has the base cool down for the Vengeful Blood, Juggernaut, and/or Entangling Trap skills been changed (highlighted in red)?

2a) The masteries for Windmill, Arcane Shield, Frost Bolt, and Lightning (highlighted in blue) all do similar if not the same thing as existing upgrades for those skills. Have those upgrades been removed, or do the masteries stack?
2b) Does the master system add on to the current upgrade system, or is it replacing some upgrades partially? I'm making the assumption that the majority of the current upgrade system will remain since skill mastery is said to be unlocked at level 20.

3a) The Time Shift mastery (highlighted in green) sounds like at full mastery it has a 3.5% chance per 0.5 sec tick of a 10 second clock to permanently stun the "weaker enemies" even after the clock has worn off. I am assuming "weaker enemies" refers to those already affected by rooting by clocks. Is that analysis correct?
3b) If so, wouldn't that mean that any "weaker enemy" caught in a maxed out clock has a 50.96%* chance of being permanently stun!?

*Where I got this number (where P = odds of a permanent stun per enemy per clock):
P = 1 - (proportion of time an event won't occur per trial)^(number of trials)
P = 1 - (1 - proportion of times an event will occur per trial)^(duration of clock / ticks per second)
P = 1 - (1 - 0.035)^(10 / 0.5)
P = 1 - (0.965)^(20)
P = 1 - 0.4904
P = 0.5096
P = 50.96%

PS: a group of 5 enemies eligible to be permanently stun would have over a 97% chance of at least one being inflicted (from: 1 - (1 - 0.5096)^5), and over a 51% chance of 3 or more being inflicted (from: 1 - binomcdf(5,0.5096,2)) if my interpretation of the Time Shift mastery is correct. All of which is very, very cool.

Aimanxasuna
02-24-2016, 05:53 PM
I personally think 10 points for each mastery is a bit too much. We only got 55 points to spend between skills, passives, and mastery. Maybe 5 points for each mastery would be awesome.

Kingofninjas
02-24-2016, 05:59 PM
This looks great. The lifegiver sapling thing is useless IMO. 4% health is nothing, especially if u have to stand in 1 spot for 4 seconds. A more realistic number would be 50-75%.

Reducing mana cost of fireball is also useless. Mana means nothing to mages. Give us a good dot proc like rogues got with nox bolt.

will0
02-24-2016, 06:13 PM
Fireball Mastery: Reduce Mana Cost of fireball by 2% per point > we dont need a reduce mana on Mage? Give us more burning damage ...

Invalid
02-24-2016, 06:54 PM
First of all, that is a really great idea but it could be, well, cooler. I think that maybe you should, after spending 2 or 3 points, add something cool to the skill for example:
Lightning- 3 mastery points spent, has a small chance to chain lightning to nearby enemy or enemies. 6 mastery points spent, lightning web (or mines *just thought of that) near struck enemy. 10-max,
has a chance to spawn a ball of lightning that kind of goes towards enemies and large crowds and shocks nearby enemies and does a small AoE damage zone after it expires.
I hope this will be considered, changed ( or maybe made better *cooler), or implemented. :)

All this was and is much cooler in my mind LOL!

Froxanthar
02-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Its better for Vengeful Blood to add 1% STR per point instead of cooldown.

Change Rally Cry mastery to something else.. 2% reduce incoming damage per point and taunt enemies while active perhaps? This will help the party instead Warrior alone in PvE and PvP.

How about 1 second per point for Juggernaut cooldown?

Instead of 2% reduce mana cost per point on chest splitter, why not give it a, 10% chance per point to lifesteal base on 10% of your maximum HP.

eugene9707
02-24-2016, 06:57 PM
This looks great. The lifegiver sapling thing is useless IMO. 4% health is nothing, especially if u have to stand in 1 spot for 4 seconds. A more realistic number would be 50-75%.

Reducing mana cost of fireball is also useless. Mana means nothing to mages. Give us a good dot proc like rogues got with nox bolt.

If im reading it correctly, that's's per level (point) ....
so at level 10 it'd be 40% hp for 4 sec

If they take your suggestion, it'd be 500-750% hp at level 10, which will be immortal smurf .....

Froxanthar
02-24-2016, 07:06 PM

Oh wow.. revenge of the mana.

Crowsfoot
02-24-2016, 07:08 PM

If they take your suggestion, it'd be 500-750% hp at level 10, which will be immortal smurf .....
From the Main post:
Lifegiver Mastery: Lifegiver Sapling - there is a 2.5% chance per point to spawn a sapling at a healed group members location. Saplings remain stationary, and heal any allies within a 4m radius for 1% health per tick at a rate of one tick per seconds for 4 seconds. If a player remains in that location they will heal for 4% of their max life over 4 seconds.This says that every mastery point adds a 2.5% chance of the sapling spawning with 10 skill points maxing it at a 25% chance to spawn a sapling per cast of heal.

The HP return is a maximum of 4%. The player recieves +1% of their max HP per second. I.e., a warrior will regain more HP per second than a mage.

Taking into account that maxing the skill only gives you a 1/4 chance of spawning a stationary heal of 4%, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile mastery.

---

Gale Force clearing stat debuffs, Frost Bolt having a chance to freeze any target (even bosses), Arcane Shield's additional damage absorption, and Time Shift having a chance at permanent stun in PvE were the mage highlights imo.

Niixed
02-24-2016, 07:35 PM
I wish STS had called this skill specialization, not skill mastery. This is not skill mastery. There are no skill trees, no difficult trials, nothing to earn, and nothing to master. This is exactly the same system as before. You get a skill point each time you level up and spend it. Done.

It was a misnomer to call it skill mastery because that got the hopes of many, including myself, way too high. I know it's partly my fault, but... meh.

That being said, I do like the new skill specializations. Some of them are really cool. Like many players have already stated, some of these skills are still very broken and need to be fixed or there's no point in specializing in them. I am excited to have more options to spend skill points in.

eugene9707
02-24-2016, 07:40 PM
From the Main post:This says that every mastery point adds a 2.5% chance of the sapling spawning with 10 skill points maxing it at a 25% chance to spawn a sapling per cast of heal.

The HP return is a maximum of 4%. The player recieves +1% of their max HP per second. I.e., a warrior will regain more HP per second than a mage.

Taking into account that maxing the skill only gives you a 1/4 chance of spawning a stationary heal of 4%, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile mastery.

---

Gale Force clearing stat debuffs, Frost Bolt having a chance to freeze any target (even bosses), Arcane Shield's additional damage absorption, and Time Shift having a chance at permanent stun in PvE were the mage highlights imo.

hmmm my bad, apparently i omited the part regarding the rate when i first read it lol.

and ya, i'm looking forward to the gale mastery too .
I'm iffy on TimeShift though ..... unless "weak enemy" = all mobs.... but then why don't say all mobs ? ._.

Crowsfoot
02-24-2016, 07:44 PM
hmmm my bad, apparently i omited the part regarding the rate when i first read it lol.

and ya, i'm looking forward to the gale mastery too .
I'm iffy on TimeShift though ..... unless "weak enemy" = all mobs.... but then why don't say all mobs ? ._.
I've made the assumption that "weak mobs" refers to the mobs that can currently be rooted by clocks. I.e., basic mele and Archer units, but not armored, large, or specialized units.

I included some math and assumption along with some questions about clocks in an earlier reply.

eugene9707
02-24-2016, 07:50 PM
I've made the assumption that "weak mobs" refers to the mobs that can currently be rooted by clocks. I.e., basic mele and Archer units, but not armored, large, or specialized units.

I included some math and assumption along with some questions about clocks in an earlier reply.

i saw, it seems nice, but sucks that the annoying and unstunable ones cannot be permastuned :/ <--- just me ranting lol

Boyinblue
02-24-2016, 09:08 PM
wew, finally what i'm waiting for:eagerness:
wishing for another new skill will added too:peaceful:

Foumagus
02-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Am at lvl 42 currently and spent all my skill points does that mean that I can't access those masteries?

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

extrapayah
02-24-2016, 09:43 PM
hmmmm, sry for being negative, but it will take 40 skill points to completely upgrade all our 4 slotted skills, are you telling us there won't be something new about the skill until we reached lvl 80 cap?

can i ask for skillset switch button instead? :P and increased passive level, not decreased one, non percentage based passive are started to losing its effectiveness....

thanks

kydrian
02-24-2016, 09:46 PM
GG sts waited 2 years for this.... Why not make new skills? Instead of adding upgrades to the same old ones.

Invalid
02-24-2016, 10:07 PM
Yeah I feel like new skills will be cool too!

debitmandiri
02-24-2016, 10:22 PM
i dont see any usefull masteries for rogue except aimed shot in pvp ground, sss aoe upgrades are broken already, adding nox dot lenght is laughable u can stack poison dot dmg twice and nox cd is only 2 sec, veil upgrade lv10 is 2.5dmg ? paragem ftw, trap mastery reduces cd meanwhile we already have adept construction upgrade which allow us to ignore cd :wink: , razor shield 10%dmg reduction ? nekro ftw, shadow pierce mastery 10skill points for 5% heal ? we already have 10% heal with shadow absorption with only 1 skill point xD, beside of that u will nerf critical passive kinda saddening me

Skvll
02-24-2016, 10:48 PM
Is the skill point mastery basically for endgame users?
Cause IF NOT then 10 points into a specific skill to see a good effect is too much and a waste at low lvl pvp....I just tried it and in order to have ten points free I scarificed a lot to get it and I'm lvl 22. There's no joy in making it available starting at 20s if it forces us to sacrifice so much points for such little effects...

Honestly... Majority of players was expecting NEW SKILL TALENTS TO LEARN...NOT mini UPGRADES FOR THE OLD TALENTS THEY LEARNED 3!!!!!!! YEARS AGO! LOL!

Skvll
02-24-2016, 11:07 PM
I played this game for 3 years and hoping one day I'll see new skills to learn and all we get is mini upgrades? Nothing really changes in AL expect the campaigns/events... Sts could have made skill mastery with 10 OPTIONS to our old skills for example. Windmill mastery could have 10 different effects to CHOOOOOOSE FROM. Like a vortex that pulls players in. Or another option like a stun. Or a dot option. Or a no GLOBAL COOLDOWN. Or reduced time on windmill. Or a stun immunity option.....etc but that'll be really OP so why not make it to where you can only choose 3 options from that skill mastery you choosed from.....THIS IS MY SUGGESTION.

Skvll
02-24-2016, 11:11 PM
My suggestion would create a lot more variety just saying -.-

Qnoy
02-24-2016, 11:47 PM
i dont see any usefull masteries for rogue except aimed shot in pvp ground, sss aoe upgrades are broken already, adding nox dot lenght is laughable u can stack poison dot dmg twice and nox cd is only 2 sec, veil upgrade lv10 is 2.5dmg ? paragem ftw, trap mastery reduces cd meanwhile we already have adept construction upgrade which allow us to ignore cd :wink: , razor shield 10%dmg reduction ? nekro ftw, shadow pierce mastery 10skill points for 5% heal ? we already have 10% heal with shadow absorption with only 1 skill point xD, beside of that u will nerf critical passive kinda saddening me

Yeah agree, they need to fix sss aoe and add better auto target too , as for trap mastery reduce cd will be more op if bleed can stack, but if only...

Trenton
02-24-2016, 11:49 PM
I feel that you guys should implement a PvE/PvP swap-out system, because with a skill system like this, every time people want to PvP and then switch to PvE, they'll have to respec, and vice versa. PvP and PvE builds are different enough, I don't see how it's going to work at all with the mastery system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

extrapayah
02-24-2016, 11:53 PM
thank you for the heads up

Warrior

(-) no maximum target increase
(+) can get some aoe without charging it
(+) a simple upgrade, and work fabulously with other 4 upgrades
(+) the effect multiply greatly with all upgrade, imagine snaring and hitting 8 enemies 4 times in one spell
(+) a great and explicit scalable upgrade
(-) rally cry have been lacking a lot, i'm hoping for a simple aoe increase
(+) simply good
(+) great and scalable,
(-) most players will only feel small benefits, because out of 7.5s effect, we are mostly invulnerable for 3s, and have a great healing over time
(+) probably good in pvp, but i'm not pvp players
(-) underwhelming in pve
(+) ultimate taunt, pve only
(-) dot punish players way too much under curse-based spell (and similar mechanic, e.g. healing chance of juggernaut), and we can't control/turn off this upgrade

Rogue

(+) can potentially make sss a mobs buster
(-) a bit out of topic: regular upgrade of aoe and increased target are not working
(+) simply great
(-) 10 skill points is too expensive for 2.5 damage increase, but then again we have nothing else favorable to upgrade
(+) probably good in pvp
(-) insignificant in pve
(+) might be good
(-) razor has longest cooldown from all rogue's skill (although it is only 20s) but considering the effective time and long cooldown, this upgrade might give a lot lesser benefit than the other
(+) might be the most offensive upgrade from all other skills
(-) punish rogues longer for curse-based spell, and rogue can't manually control it either
(+) simple but good
(+) give rogues what they need, mana
(-) i don't think 150-ish mana is significant for capped player
(+) effects will be greatly multiplied by short cooldown, out of 10 arrows, will get 1 free
(-) too expensive for 10 skill points
(-) less significant in pve

Sorcerer

(+) simply great
(-) can't help much against 1hkoes
(+) great, but i don't think curse is an easy to be used skill
(-) too expensive for 10 skill points
(-) a so-so upgrade for unpopular skill
(-) pretty sure mage doesn't need mana discount for this 4s cooldown spell
(+) give mage a real chance to be useful in boss fights without relying on weapons
(-) 4% chance in every 3s spell is too sad, take an example at 10% panic chance for each second in samael's passive, yet no one using samael for boss fight, please consider the frequency too
Gale Force Mastery: Casting Gale Force adds a buff that lasts 0.4 seconds per point, and ticks every 0.4 seconds. Each tick removes any negative effects on the Sorcerer. (Bleed, slow, freeze, stun, etc)
(+) nuff said, the best defensive upgrade in my opinion, just wish i can control gale when to dash, and when to not
(=) what effect is upgraded by each mastery point is not explicitly described here, might be good/bad
(+) simply good
Time Shift Mastery: Time Shift has a 0.35% chance per tick to freeze weaker enemies in between time and space indefinitely, stunning them permanently. Weaker enemies do not include players or bosses.
(+) great, especially taking consideration that it can happen each ticks
(-) way too specific benefit, only for weak mobs which can easily frozen/knocked down

damage passive -> thank you for the change, although i think it is too small for 1 skill points, let's say without a pet a rogue can reach 700 damage with 400% bonus damage, a previous 5% damage can give the rogue 35 damage, but with this, the rogue can only get 10 damage... barely far from equal effectiveness. the difference will be less for warrior though.
crit passive -> mixed feeling on this, as i don't think 5% is too big for 5 skill points

skill point is expensive, for many of the upgrades, i think you failed to value the greatness for each skill point
also for some upgrade you didn't correctly consider the frequency for each skill, applied effects on ticks, and cooldown of spells need to be thought carefully

Qnoy
02-25-2016, 12:07 AM
I wish STS had called this skill specialization, not skill mastery. This is not skill mastery. There are no skill trees, no difficult trials, nothing to earn, and nothing to master. This is exactly the same system as before. You get a skill point each time you level up and spend it. Done.

It was a misnomer to call it skill mastery because that got the hopes of many, including myself, way too high. I know it's partly my fault, but... meh.

That being said, I do like the new skill specializations. Some of them are really cool. Like many players have already stated, some of these skills are still very broken and need to be fixed or there's no point in specializing in them. I am excited to have more options to spend skill points in.

that's rite, here is one of good example what skill mastery should

I think it would be neat to add a full-power bonus to the skill masteries that are 10/10. Like for example, if one has Fireball maxed to 10/10, the skill has a chance to proc additional, smaller firecrackers within the radius of the explosion adding smaller damage ticks. Shadow piercer can have a chance to proc a shadow-double that would spawn and hit another nearby enemy (once per skill use). Etc. Etc.

Alphagun
02-25-2016, 12:09 AM
Nice one, looking forward to testing on maps :)

Gettee46
02-25-2016, 01:41 AM
This is nice but.... 10 skill points is too much for ONE skill mastery.

iharsh
02-25-2016, 03:42 AM
Nice idea :DDDD

DK
02-25-2016, 04:46 AM
Sounds great and i will be looking forward to testing it out :)

BUT!...

Just want to say that shadow storm strike range and number of enemies upgrades are fully bugged and currently don't work at all. If you don't fix those first, the skill mastery of that skill is useless.
The skill mastery of aimed shot is useless as is too.
Please gives us choices here. Not useless upgrades. Ty in advance!!!

From a rogue's standpoint only useful masteries are:
1)Shadow Storm mastery, if and only if: the currently not working upgrades are fixed and they stack with the mastery + new maps have higher mob density than rengol
2)Razor shield: mostly for PvP and maybe elite
3)Noxious bolt mastery
4) Traps mastery, if and only if: bleed not stacking is fixed

Dex_addict
02-25-2016, 05:18 AM
I am not quite sure wether I feel excited about this or not, I don't know what I expected "skill mastery" to be but it wasn't this :/ To me it seems like now at level 56 we will have 55 points in total to spend, alongside Passives we have 8 skills to choose from each already with upgrades which will now include the possibility of another 10 options each on top (I am wondering will original values on the upgrades be staying the same or lessened too?), surely with 55 skill points maxing out even mastery of one skill is going to be impossible or meaning sacrificing other skills/passives completely? Maybe I am not understanding it correctly? I get that creating more diversity in class builds will be better but to me this feels like it is going more backwards than forwards and instead of gaining skills and abilities we will actually be losing ones we have now to try and "master" any? Not to mention the fact that critical is also being reduced from 1% increase on Passive to 0.60%...why does everything feel like it is either getting nerfed or at a complete stand still at the moment, it is like nothing is getting better, it either stays the same or you are losing something to gain only slightly in something else. I don't want to be negative and maybe once it is here it will make more sense, I guess I was just hoping there would be some new skills, something different. I think overall maybe 5 levels of skill mastery would be better and more viable than 10.

Sibayjing
02-25-2016, 06:08 AM
I'm really disappointed. I thought some new skills will appear. This is just old skills with some upgrade and adjustment. Scale for new expansion but nothing that I can call "skill mastery" . Furthermore passive will be reduce

Come on sts, you tease skill mastery as a huge new content, where players can choose between various build.

debitmandiri
02-25-2016, 06:19 AM
just let us become stronger for real as cap is increased sts :wink: tbh i cant imagine how next gear stat will be, this skill mastery tells us alot next cap is gonna same at this cap, very little progression (in some case de/re gression) with LOT OF works
,10skill points work beaten by 1 skill point omg i hope this is a joke :wink:

Hans32846
02-25-2016, 07:06 AM
Please....Not lvl 56.... its a big GAP in 46 and the Arcane rings and arcane weapons will be OP fast if you will do a GAP of 10

Dimitrian
02-25-2016, 07:21 AM
I know this is kinda off-topic but...

If you are still going to make the next level cap 56,at least make a new way of leveling up.I wouldn't like to do WT4/KT4 all day long to level up.

Sir Vampire
02-25-2016, 07:23 AM
Seems like a pretty good update to the game, again something we have to play with to discover what's the best build for you!

xZauiflele
02-25-2016, 07:50 AM
All i want to know how the allocation to be done with 5% more damage and 2% less crit for all clashes. How allocate b/w pvp pve coz its very complicated now like for pvp i will prefer 10/10 jugg and axe throw that have less advantage over rally cry and for pve i need to backup rally cry and vb .... loss points more skills available

ThaAnas
02-25-2016, 08:49 AM
are u kidding me ... jugganaut per point 0,25 sec less = 10 pts > 2,5 sec > so they are not to kill anymore ... good work... -.-
for rogue seems also not really helpfull at all

ThaAnas
02-25-2016, 08:59 AM
warriors are too overpowered atm...
ability to give whole team shield
ability not to die nvm how much armor or hp
danage like a rogue, range like a mage
proceed 20 times faster than rogue ...
1 warrior can now kill up to 4 player alone

4 warrior vs 4 rogue who will win ... we know the answer
1 warrior 3 random > vs no warrior who will win... we know the answer
conserning those skills mastery above... only warrior benefit again
(sure mana for rogue is a good idea) but rest crap compared to warriors skills

kydrian
02-25-2016, 09:13 AM
warriors are too overpowered atm...
ability to give whole team shield
ability not to die nvm how much armor or hp
danage like a rogue, range like a mage
proceed 20 times faster than rogue ...
1 warrior can now kill up to 4 player alone

4 warrior vs 4 rogue who will win ... we know the answer
1 warrior 3 random > vs no warrior who will win... we know the answer
conserning those skills mastery above... only warrior benefit again
(sure mana for rogue is a good idea) but rest crap compared to warriors skills
Aww your mad? Because your crown has been taken away?

Jazzi
02-25-2016, 09:23 AM
I will be honest here: the more I think about this skill mastery the more I am confused. In my opinion it offers little to no progress and/or impact on the gameplay. At least in PvE that is.

On the other hand you are actually nerfing 1 of the passives for no understandable reason. I really don't get it.

You could have done so many things with this. Just please take your time and look at other games. Plagiarize if u must but give us proper skill mastery. We all could give you ideas, I am sure. You just have to ask properly.

Thanks in advance!

Gorecaster
02-25-2016, 09:47 AM
As cool as this seems I think it's going to create more problems. I mean we're still using broken passive skills like dmg passive. Why would I add points there when it doesn't work? This is a perfect situation to implement a test server and iron out the potential problems before releasing the new client. So many ppl complaining already.

kydrian
02-25-2016, 10:04 AM
what a constructive comment! Everyone knows there is imbalance in pvp since the sword release you ask for being unfairly more dominant other than equality.

Nice, build warr 1/3 cost of rogue and kill people with your proc. Pro! that skills look how im proccing mad combo procs.. ppl like you and your dishonesty..

Asside from that this is not the topic of discussion of this matter go have your fun in pvp until expansion.
Since the sword released there's been imbalanced? Please don't speak new player. You have no say in this. Ever since rogues can kill a "TANK" in 3 shots/combo that's called imbalance tank literally has 2.9k armor 8k health yet get put down in a combo or even at about 30-40% that's imbalanced. When tanks should be taking more hits before healing.

Hoardseeker
02-25-2016, 11:14 AM
You need to increase the Goodies Gained from Mastering some skills , 4% chance to freeze ? Seriously for 10Points? You could max only like 2 skills and only 1%Hp gained for a second for 4 seconds? Make those benifits really High , so a certain Player will be OP with a Certain Skill of his choice. I would max my passive skills instead of those masteries as it gives me better stats.

Carapace
02-25-2016, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the great feedback guys, and for keeping it constructive. A lot of concerns about power improvement level appear to be coming from a solo experience point of view, which is understandable. We do, however, have to design around the expectation that all of these could be used in tandem with a group of 4 of the same class, as well as mixed classes. Thanks to the great analysis of how effective the Time Clock can be at higher levels, now multiply that effect by 4 sorcerers. Same with the Taunts from Axe throw, or the Frost Bolt freeze effect. When combined with other players the scalar potential climbs pretty high.

A couple of insights on the masteries being brought up a lot thus far:

Frostbolt Freeze: 0.4% per attack may not seem like a lot, but at skill rank 10, with 4 Sorcerers, that's a 16% chance per collective cast to freeze a boss or Player for 2s. This is fairly powerful, on a small cooldown. We want it to feel like a boon when it goes off, but not overpowered to be game breaking.

Juggernaut Cooldown: This is 0.5 seconds per point, not 0.25 seconds for a total reduction of 5 seconds.

Lifegiver Sapling: Just to clarify, the chance for a sapling to spawn raises to 25% at level 10, the amount healed is always 4%. In a party of four that is always going to provide a sapling statistically, possibly more. They can overlap resulting in 1% per sapling if you're standing in the correct area.

Damage Passive: Previously the % Damage bonus was rendered useless by basically having any pet out with a % Damage multiplier as these did not stack. The 10% from your pet would be considered larger and those 5 points would be wasted. With the new change the damage will always be added, but can scale by those % benefits from primary stats and pets/elixirs. The bottom line is that players wil see more damage than they did previously based on how the system works.

Critical Reduction: This was done in conjunction with the damage change to balance out the damage output as well as provide more headroom for itemization moving forward. the 2% can be made up with Lightning Jewels or different gear combinations as a player sees fit, and we like the idea of choices and options in Arcane Legends.

Abilities with Mana Cost Reduction: These are intended for PvP more than PvE, as mana recovery is not available outside of skills. It certainly has its uses in PvE, but the benefits are far greater in PvP

Keep in mind as a part of this system coming out we intend to do more expansions and level caps in the future. The idea is to provide choices and options moving forward beyond the currently coming expansion, as until now we have hit a ceiling with skill points. The points being made about Curse punishments for extended DoT times and the like is an interesting angle, but we believe strategy of play is also important in terms of PvE vs PvP. We will obviously keep an eye on these masteries as players get there hands on them to play and test.

Keep the feedback coming, we're looking forward to everyone playing with these and experiencing them in play and not on paper!

- Carapace

ShakeygirlROG
02-25-2016, 12:49 PM
Sweet \(^_^)/ can't wait

Probationer
02-25-2016, 12:58 PM
These are intended for PvP more than PvE, as mana recovery is not available outside of skills. It certainly has its uses in PvE, but the benefits are far greater in PvE

- Carapace

You mean far greater in pvp...*sigh*

Jazzi
02-25-2016, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the great feedback guys, and for keeping it constructive. A lot of concerns about power improvement level appear to be coming from a solo experience point of view, which is understandable. We do, however, have to design around the expectation that all of these could be used in tandem with a group of 4 of the same class, as well as mixed classes. Thanks to the great analysis of how effective the Time Clock can be at higher levels, now multiply that effect by 4 sorcerers. Same with the Taunts from Axe throw, or the Frost Bolt freeze effect. When combined with other players the scalar potential climbs pretty high.

A couple of insights on the masteries being brought up a lot thus far:

Frostbolt Freeze: 0.4% per attack may not seem like a lot, but at skill rank 10, with 4 Sorcerers, that's a 16% chance per collective cast to freeze a boss or Player for 2s. This is fairly powerful, on a small cooldown. We want it to feel like a boon when it goes off, but not overpowered to be game breaking.

Juggernaut Cooldown: This is 0.5 seconds per point, not 0.25 seconds for a total reduction of 5 seconds.

Lifegiver Sapling: Just to clarify, the chance for a sapling to spawn raises to 25% at level 10, the amount healed is always 4%. In a party of four that is always going to provide a sapling statistically, possibly more. They can overlap resulting in 1% per sapling if you're standing in the correct area.

Damage Passive: Previously the % Damage bonus was rendered useless by basically having any pet out with a % Damage multiplier as these did not stack. The 10% from your pet would be considered larger and those 5 points would be wasted. With the new change the damage will always be added, but can scale by those % benefits from primary stats and pets/elixirs. The bottom line is that players wil see more damage than they did previously based on how the system works.

Critical Reduction: This was done in conjunction with the damage change to balance out the damage output as well as provide more headroom for itemization moving forward. the 2% can be made up with Lightning Jewels or different gear combinations as a player sees fit, and we like the idea of choices and options in Arcane Legends.

Abilities with Mana Cost Reduction: These are intended for PvP more than PvE, as mana recovery is not available outside of skills. It certainly has its uses in PvE, but the benefits are far greater in PvE

Keep in mind as a part of this system coming out we intend to do more expansions and level caps in the future. The idea is to provide choices and options moving forward beyond the currently coming expansion, as until now we have hit a ceiling with skill points. The points being made about Curse punishments for extended DoT times and the like is an interesting angle, but we believe strategy of play is also important in terms of PvE vs PvP. We will obviously keep an eye on these masteries as players get there hands on them to play and test.

Keep the feedback coming, we're looking forward to everyone playing with these and experiencing them in play and not on paper!

- Carapace

Great explanation , but imho the reasoning behind it is a bit far fetched and could never happen in reality. 4 mages in pve never happens unless it is a map like wt4 and there this freeze will never really contribute to anything.

Nerfing passive crit makes little sense imho . What you are saying is that we need 2.3 noble lighting jewels (jewels deemed really bad by everyone) in order to have the same stats as before. Thus losing same amount of damage by replacing same quality main stat jewels + hp loss. This would practically negate the usefulness of said damage passive change and we will still have the HP loss. So in reality it is a nerf across the board.

It is great to have choices, but most of the masteries have practically 0 impact from a pve perspective even in the highly unlikely scenario of having 4 of the same class in a hard map.

Still no answer about if the currently glitched/bugged skills are being fixed prior to release.

thekragle
02-25-2016, 01:23 PM
"When everyone is special, nobody is."
When I first started playing this game, what drove me to spend hours on farming and plat purchases was that there were always very specific items and skills that were hard to obtain. When you got to that high level or got that unique item it was amazing, I felt all powerful and unique. I wish this masteries upgrade brought back some of that nostalgia where you had to work hard to get a certain level of mastery or get real lucky. This is a relatively good option to add to the game to help the skill points issue but I wish there was a way you could leverage it to help players feel more unique and powerful, a cut above the rest so to say. Thats what gets players excited in rpg games, please dont forget that. The littlest things go a long way to make a player feel like they are 1 of the few best players in the game. Even if its just a silly ground or body effect on our character. Vanities are good and all but it just feels like everyone is the same these days. Players will pop more of those crates and buy more of that plat but not if everything becomes samey-samey.

kickazzrogue
02-25-2016, 01:25 PM
So your gonna tweak passives to match up with mastery skills. My questions how is this gonna affect players under lvl 20

Gouiwaa9000
02-25-2016, 01:26 PM
As a mage , i see 2 useful Mastery's : life giver one ( not bad for PvP in clash , some extra heal is always good ) and I have a question : can we stack those saplings to gain more HP per second? Would be awesome , and 2nd one is shield - extra 1.5% basorbtion is awesome , but shield can use some damage reflection! 1% damage reflection per point could be handy

Anyona
02-25-2016, 01:45 PM
From a mage's perspective, the only useful masteries are the Gale Force and Arcane Shield.

A 4% chance to freeze for two seconds is not worth it, vs against rogues lasts about 10-20 seconds at endgame.

The Lifegiver mastery is completely useless, a 4% hp return is appalling this is about 200hp return for one sapling if you're hp is at 5.8-6k.

Curse could be useful if rogues are dumb enough to go with the Noxious Bolt mastery but the curse mastery basically nullifies one aimed shot critical buff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_is_epicgear
02-25-2016, 01:47 PM
Sigh.... So this season sorcerer's frostbolt will have a Max of 4% to freeze in PvP while legend pets can already freeze at higher rates. Seems legit.

Also maybe lifegiver's mastery could be: affected players receive 1% dmg reduction for 0.5s per point?

And fireball's mastery is useless please think of something new. Thanks.

However I think gale force's mastery is quite neat.

As I recall veil does not stack with elixirs (not sure if it stacked with pet buffs). Will mastery eliminate this problem?

One thing that really concerns me is whether or not sts will decide to put this into the test server before the official release. We all know by now that after many relatively large updates you get those "nerf this" and "buff that" players creating threads which then leads to patch updates. So PLEASE sts test this and save yourselves the hassle of having to patch, it looks unprofessional.

P.s. Devs, we're all dying to know if traps are supposed to stack bleed....

Niixed
02-25-2016, 02:31 PM
A lot of concerns about power improvement level appear to be coming from a solo experience point of view, which is understandable. We do, however, have to design around the expectation that all of these could be used in tandem with a group of 4 of the same class, as well as mixed classes.

Keep in mind as a part of this system coming out we intend to do more expansions and level caps in the future. The idea is to provide choices and options moving forward beyond the currently coming expansion, as until now we have hit a ceiling with skill points.

Thanks for chiming in.

I understand that devs must plan for all situations. I think you're saying that when you created these skill specializations, you had to plan for the possibility that they'd be used in a party of four of the same class, a party of three of different classes using them in an OP way, etc. It makes sense that the specializations simply cannot be too OP in those situations or it would break the game.

Is this it for skill mastery? Theoretically, adding 80 not-really-skill-mastery skill slots pushes the ceiling up to level 126. After this, will there be another upgrade to skills before we hit level 126?

Carapace
02-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Thanks for chiming in.

I understand that devs must plan for all situations. I think you're saying that when you created these skill specializations, you had to plan for the possibility that they'd be used in a party of four of the same class, a party of three of different classes using them in an OP way, etc. It makes sense that the specializations simply cannot be too OP in those situations or it would break the game.

Is this it for skill mastery? Theoretically, adding 80 not-really-skill-mastery skill slots pushes the ceiling up to level 126. After this, will there be another upgrade to skills before we hit level 126?

That is to be determined in the future, but it's certainly possible that we may increase the number, add new ones, new passives, new modifiers at miletone ranks (like 10/10), it's hard to say or speculate but those are potential ideas of course. And no, you can't quote me on any of these becoming reality :) Just want to be open about the fact that there are certainly places we can go in the future with such a system.

Carapace
02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
So your gonna tweak passives to match up with mastery skills. My questions how is this gonna affect players under lvl 20

You will see damage increases, but remember that Passives have their own level requirements per point. The damage increase comes from the point discussed above where you get raw values to be scaled by elixirs and pet damage bonuses, instead of small 1% amounts that were trumped by such things.

Zylx
02-25-2016, 04:01 PM
I posted on the announcement thread a suggestion to add effects to maxed out skills. Because atm, these are pretty miniscule upgrades. 4% chance on a 10/10 ice to freeze an enemy? That's kinda disappointing to waste 9 points just to upgrade in increments of 0.4% and have it only proc statistically once per 2+ runs.

I was kind of hoping for more of a class-mastery system or something like that. Like for a mage, you can specialize as a Fire, Ice, or Lightning mage. Rogues can be Assassin, Ranger, or Magic Archer. Warriors can be Barbarians, Knights, or Paladins. And then each subclass has its own skills that can be upgraded to more potent stages. A fire mage can shoot a lv1 fireball and it has a small explosion, and then when the fireball range progressively grows with each level, and starts adding other effects like firecrackers every 3 levels.

AL's skill system has always been a plain bagel. It's right there, nothing to discover, nothing to really expand on, and this skill-mastery system is the cream cheese. It gives the skill system more flavor, but it doesnt change the generic system itself.

Zeus
02-25-2016, 04:17 PM
Honestly, I like it how it is. The way they are currently designed, they're helpful without changing the dynamics of the game.

In my opinion, you will have to pick which skill you want to master. With the current upcoming level to be L56, that means you essentially get 1 skill to master and keep everything else the same. So, there only needs to be 1 or 2 that truly need to be useful. The others are just icing on the cake and gimmicks for when you level.

csyui
02-25-2016, 04:23 PM
I cant give any feedback without playing with the new mastery page.

However, based on what I learnt from other games, skill mastery usually gives players different kinds of playing styles. The mastery page revealed now seems doesn't give players much diversity. All classes will still use the same skills as before, nothing with significant changes.

I was expecting some bonus effect of skills like the one glintstone set grants. For example, I didnt use axe throw at all before, but right now with the upgrade from glintstone set, I use axe throw quite a lot in both PvP and PvE.

Zaizor
02-25-2016, 05:06 PM
Honestly, I like it how it is. The way they are currently designed, they're helpful without changing the dynamics of the game.

In my opinion, you will have to pick which skill you want to master. With the current upcoming level to be L56, that means you essentially get 1 skill to master and keep everything else the same. So, there only needs to be 1 or 2 that truly need to be useful. The others are just icing on the cake and gimmicks for when you level.

Exactly how I saw it. You get to Master, or balance a couple skills if you want. You can't have it all, but you can pick which one will help your build the best. As a warrior, I saw three I'd love to try, but essentially know, I'm only going to get one, maybe two depending on how I spend the points.

Frankly, I love the thought of an extra boost beyond skills and passives. I can't wait to try it, especially if we get a few free respecs to test it.

thekragle
02-25-2016, 05:09 PM
I would also like to suggest something to go along with the mastery update. What if your first 10 points did what you already have planed but have it then go up an additional 5 points for even stronger effects. The player would then have to sacrifice other areas of their character to get the huge boost in specs on their mastery skill. Just a thought for those that think the upgrades are too small or not worth 10 points.

kydrian
02-25-2016, 05:12 PM
Y

Why go for this type of system instead adding new skills which add diversity in the game and allow the players on being what they want to be?

Warrior: Tanking skill or DPs skills.

Rogue: Close Range DPs or Long Range DPs.

Mage: long Range DPs with gun Or Short Range for Staff.

Why this way?

Explanation Rogues:
Most rogues are into the Range class with Bows because of the advantage of dealing large amounts of damage at range instead of using Daggers that do damage but you receive damage as well.

Solution Rogue Daggers: Add skills (working ones) specifically for the daggers, and make the daggers worth getting. Make the Dodge on the Stats of the daggers High where rogues can get in the action of clashes and survive without dying so quickly "dodging attacks" and creating havoc in clashes. I see rogues with the Arcane daggers still using skills that should be for the Bow ex: Nox.

Solution Rogues Bow: create specific skills where using the Bow makes the skills more efficient and allows the rogues to choose from many skills for the bow.

Explanation Warriors: Allow a war to choose from being a Tank that can take hits and be a great supporter in clash or a Tank/Dps (Same thing like a DPs class just not efficient as one, half tank half DPs) that can go in close range and demolish the enemies and take a few hits.

Solution Warrior 2h swords: Allow warriors to choose a number of different skills that support the 2h sword and have damage/debuff skills.

Solution warriors shield+short sword: Create Skills for tanking that support the team and allows warriors to be acceptable in Elites without being a drag.

Explanation Mages: Some Mages might be in favor of Staffs or Ranged Guns. Wouldn't it bring joy to the the Mage class if they could choose which one they prefer the most and what skills come with it that make the weapon even more Efficient and breathtaking.

Solutions Mages Staff:
Create a large amount of skills for the staff that have AoE damage and Support. The Skill that gives a sapling each time it heals is wonderful but it gives such a small amount it would work great if it was added as another healing skill that is good for vs (1v1) only works more efficient with staff.

Solution Mages gun: add some skills/tweaks for the mages gun specifically that'll allow the gun to be a choice for those who have the liking of range.

Edit: this will also fix solutions in one class not being the king but the person with the most skill. right now everyone is being dependant on Weapon Proc and Pet AA which ruins the game thus leading to drama such as threads stating "this weapon/pet is to Op please Nerf" this game should be where it only takes skill not where you need this item/pet to be the best.

Crowsfoot
02-25-2016, 06:39 PM
In blunt reply to all the requests for a new skill; that doesn't make any sense when they aren't expanding how many skills you can map at a time. I currently have 7/8 skills unlocked on my min account. With +10 new skill points I would probably max movement speed passive and unlock and EIGHTH skill if all they did was add new ones.

A lot of these skill masteries are very useful when you consider how often they are used in battle and how over powered some of them could be if the chance to occur was higher.

I like that this really limits the number of skills you unlock so that you can have several specialized builds instead of the cluster skill specs people are using now where everyone is pretty much exactly the same.

The fact that AL doesn't have a tree system and the skill system is made for wide variation was one of the original pull factors that made me start playing. I am very happy to see a similar system survive in what I consider a clever way.

Froxanthar
02-25-2016, 07:06 PM
Maybe this a good idea?

Warrior

Skyward Smash Mastery: When equip 2H weapon Increase the Impact Radius of Skyward Smash by 0. 25m per point
Vengeful Blood Mastery: When equip 2H weapon Vengeful Blood cool down is reduced by 0.5sec per point
Windmill Mastery: When equip Sword-shield Increase Critical chance by 0.25% per point, and increase the maximum number of targets by 1 for every 2 points
Rallying Cry Mastery: When equip Sword-shield Add 0.125 STR per point, per level while Rallying Cry is active
Juggernaut Mastery: When equip Sword-shield Juggernaut cooldown reduced by 0.5 sec per point
Horn of Renew Mastery: When equip Sword-shield Horn of Renew now adds 0.4 armor per point, per caster level, while the heal over time effect is active
Chest Splitter Mastery: When equip 2H weapon Chest Splitter Mana cost reduced by 2% per point
Axe Throw Mastery: When equip 2H weapon Axe Throw applies a DoT that lasts 5 seconds, each tick deals damage and has a 10% chance per point to taunt the afflicted enemy. Ticks every 0.5 seconds.

Rogue

Shadow Storm Mastery: When equip Bow Increase the effective AOE range of Shadow Storm by 0.25m per point, and increase the maximum number of targets by 1 for every 2 points.
Shadow Veil Mastery: When equip Dagger Buffs allies inside Shadow Veil an additional 0.25 Damage per point
Shadow Piercer Mastery: When equip Dagger Shadow Piercer now heals for an additional 0.5% of players max health per point. This effect stacks with the Shadow Absorption Upgrade.
Razor Shield Mastery: When equip Dagger Reduces damage taken with Razor Shield active by 1.0% per point
Noxious Bolt Mastery: When equip Bow Increase DoT length 0.4 seconds per point, and DoT tick damage by 1.0% per point
Entangling Trap Mastery: When equip Bow Reduces Cooldown of Entangling Trap by 0.25 sec per point
Combat Medic Mastery: When equip Dagger Medic packs now also replenish 0.33 Mana per point, per character level
Aimed Shot Mastery: When equip Bow Reduce Mana cost of Aim Shot by 2% per point.

Sorcerer

Arcane Shield Mastery: When equip Staff Increase the amount Arcane Shield can absorb by 1.5% per point
Curse Mastery: When equip Rifle Curse now reduces target's chance to Crit by 1.0% per point.
Fireball Mastery: When equip Staff Reduce Mana Cost of fireball by 2% per point
Frost Bolt Mastery: When equip Staff Frost Bolt has a 0.4% chance per point to freeze an enemy, boss, or player for 2 seconds
Gale Force Mastery: When equip Rifle Casting Gale Force adds a buff that lasts 0.4 seconds per point, and ticks every 0.4 seconds. Each tick removes any negative effects on the Sorcerer. (Bleed, slow, freeze, stun, etc)
Lifegiver Mastery: When equip Staff Lifegiver Sapling - there is a 2.5% chance per point to spawn a sapling at a healed group members location. Saplings remain stationary, and heal any allies within a 4m radius for 1% health per tick at a rate of one tick per seconds for 4 seconds. If a player remains in that location they will heal for 4% of their max life over 4 seconds.
Lightning Mastery: When equip Rifle Increases Lightning Damage by 1% per point
Time Shift Mastery: When equip Rifle Time Shift has a 0.35% chance per tick to freeze weaker enemies in between time and space indefinitely, stunning them permanently. Weaker enemies do not include players or bosses.

Kingofninjas
02-25-2016, 07:53 PM
The thing that disturbs me most is the crit nerf. It's basically a mage nerf. Since Nekro takes away our biggest advantage (stun), we are forced to depend on crit to kill anything. Nerfing the crit by 2% ( 5/5 passive) seems like a small thing it will really hurt us, especially with noble lightning jewels not matching up to eye gems.

Based off the arcane staffs mechanics, I am seeing a trend where mages are being pushed into the role of a support class, even though that role was broken long ago. Please give us a choice.

Energizeric
02-25-2016, 07:57 PM
Here are my thoughts below:

Sorcerer

Arcane Shield: seems good

Curse: As Rogues now have crit values over 50%, I can't imagine this being worth the skill points. In fact, nobody even uses Curse at end game anymore as it has become too weak. Perhaps an armor reduction here instead would make it a viable skill once again. Or maybe an increase in the reflected damage.

Fireball: I can't speak for all mages, but I don't really care about mana cost as I never run out of mana, so I would find this useless. How about something like posted above for Nox -- an increase in the DoT would be useful here.

Frost: Does this mastery freeze override stun immunity? If not, then this is useless at end game with most of the players now running around with Nekro. If it does override stun immunity, then perhaps it is good, although 0.4% per point seems a bit low. I think that should be increased somewhat. Also, if you have the AoE upgrade for Frost, will this apply the chance to freeze over the entire AoE, or just to the main target?

Gale Force: TBH, this seems a little OP and further duplicates what Arcane Shield provides. Unless the idea here is to encourage some sorcerers to spec without Arcane Shield and instead use Gale with the armor upgrade. That could be interesting. I would love to try that, except we still need a better way to control the speed upgrade for Gale. Right now either you have both he dash and the armor upgrade (charged) or you have neither (uncharged). It would be 100 times more useful to have the armor upgrade applied whether charged or not, and only have the dash applied when charged. The dash, while very useful when you need a speed burst and for flagging, means death when in an elite dungeon.

Lifegiver: Total waste. With the recent upgrades to Lifegiver, it now can heal all players in the party to 100%. So I don't see how adding another 4% (while using 10 skill points) would help. How about if instead it provided an armor boost, or a damage reduction. That would be useful.

Lightning: Seems good. I assume this is stacked on top of the existing skill upgrade that increases Lightning damage?

Time Shift: I assume you mean "0.35% chance per point?? So if you had all 10 mastery points, then it would be 3.5%? Is that the chance for each cast of Time Shift, or is that the chance per tick? If the former, then I'd say it sounds too low to be worth the skill points. If it's the later, then it sounds good.

Along with skill mastery, we'll be tweaking some of the passive skills to balance them with Skill Mastery and our ongoing itemization plan. These changes include:

+ Damage: Points placed into the Damage passive skill will increase your DMG stat by .5 points, instead of the current 1% increase. This will eliminate the issue players faced where elixirs or pet buffs would wash out the points from this passive.

Is the 0.5 points added to your base damage (before being multiplied by your bonus damage multiplier)?

ThaAnas
02-25-2016, 08:51 PM
what a constructive comment! Everyone knows there is imbalance in pvp since the sword release you ask for being unfairly more dominant other than equality.

Nice, build warr 1/3 cost of rogue and kill people with your proc. Pro! that skills look how im proccing mad combo procs.. ppl like you and your dishonesty..

Asside from that this is not the topic of discussion of this matter go have your fun in pvp until expansion.

I totally agree, I dont understand why vulcano is killing...
id bombs would have count too before... everybody would be mad too
now 2 warrior can rule the room easily ... sword warrior arent beatable

extrapayah
02-25-2016, 09:34 PM
thank you for the reply,

since it seems like you're not planning to change it soon, i challenge you to test it in real runs

anyway, any chance for shared/common pet stable? :D:D:D

ThaAnas
02-25-2016, 10:48 PM
shared pet stable is not a good idea, excess to all pets ... I dont like that suggestion ...

kinzmet
02-25-2016, 10:56 PM
With all the feedback on the active skills, I a bit concern about the Passive skills.

+ Critical Chance: Each point placed into Critical will now increase your chance to land a critical hit by 0.6% instead of 1%. This was reduced to compensate for Crit chance coming in from Masteries as well as future gear sets, to keep it in balance with a sustainable power curve.

These are based on percent increase passives, but how about the stat passives? Will 1 mastery point adds 1 stat too?

ananyamous
02-25-2016, 10:57 PM
**IMPORTANT** The following information describes a feature still in development and is subject to change.

Hey folks! In our recent posts we've been alluding to the suite of amazing new features coming in Client 1.5. Well, I'm here to introduce the very first, and possibly the largest undertaking for this client: Skill Mastery!

As Arcane Legends grows, and each expansion grants more skill points, players have started reaching a ceiling on the uses of their skill points, meaning less diversity of player builds, and eventually--nothing to put points into! Uh oh.

At the upcoming level cap of 56, players will have a total of 55 skill points to spend. With the current system, that essentially gives you the ability to train and fully upgrade every single skill, AND max out 3 passives. Or put points into every single one--if you wanted. This is cool and all, but don't you want a little more choice in the way you build you character?

In Client 1.5 a new tab appears on the Skills Screen: Masteries. Adding levels of mastery to a skill will incrementally increase their stats, adding more power and better specialization to your character build. For example,

This is Noxious Bolt on a rogue at Mastery Rank 1. You'll see that at Rank 1 we've added 0.4 seconds to our DoT damage and increased the damage of each tick by 1%. You can also see what will happen at Rank 2. A 0.8 second increased and +2% damage per tick. See the pattern? As you continue progressing the skill will get more and more powerful until, at Rank 10:

The Nitty Gritty

Warrior

Rogue

Sorcerer

But, Respecs cost $$!

Don't worry, we'll be handing out 5 free respec scrolls to every player at the time of this update so that you have plenty of room to experiment and decide on the build that is best for you. :)

Plus, we'll be giving you guys the opportunity to earn some extra respec scrolls during an upcoming weekly event.

And there you have it! A first look at the new Mastery system. As always, please feel free to provide us with your thoughts, questions and concerns (the constructive kind!) and remember that this information is in development and subject to change. You'll get to try it out for yourself very soon, with the release of Client 1.5.

PLEASE DONT INCREASE LVL CAP cant u just wait a few months PLEASE?????/ i dont wanna have to level again or spend real money to lvl instantly please just wait a few months PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE thanks for reading this messagte

Kylegend
02-26-2016, 06:47 AM
I wonder when will be the 1.5 client. Excited about the skills mastery.

eugene9707
02-26-2016, 02:50 PM
PLEASE DONT INCREASE LVL CAP cant u just wait a few months PLEASE?????/ i dont wanna have to level again or spend real money to lvl instantly please just wait a few months PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE thanks for reading this messagte

LOL I remember people used to beg for cap raise, and now we get cap raise, there's ppl asking to postpone it? Lol
Anyways, you will probably still have 2 months so level.

Also, I doubt there will be instant lv56, we have too much people who instant leveled to lv 41 and have no clue as to what to do already....

Side note: leveling to 46 will be easier once lv56 cap arrives, just like how it have always been (though Sts did change the xp distribution to be different from before)

Carapace
02-26-2016, 07:30 PM
With all the feedback on the active skills, I a bit concern about the Passive skills.

These are based on percent increase passives, but how about the stat passives? Will 1 mastery point adds 1 stat too?

Stats Passives are not being changed as a part of this

Ravager
02-27-2016, 02:33 AM
An issue I see is that it will once again divide the player base of PvE and PvP. Currently, since we have so many skill points, we are able to have builds that fit both PvE and PvP. We simply swap out our skills before going into PvP or PvE. With this new system, people who build for PvE will suffer for PvP unless they respec. Imagine a rogue putting 10 points into MP regain of Combat Medic and then going to PvE. That would go to waste. Similarly, a warrior who puts a lot of points into Taunt and then goes into PvP. We need the ability to have 2 builds. Not load outs, but builds that we can swap between.

Asron9
02-27-2016, 04:05 AM
An issue I see is that it will once again divide the player base of PvE and PvP. Currently, since we have so many skill points, we are able to have builds that fit both PvE and PvP. We simply swap out our skills before going into PvP or PvE. With this new system, people who build for PvE will suffer for PvP unless they respec. Imagine a rogue putting 10 points into MP regain of Combat Medic and then going to PvE. That would go to waste. Similarly, a warrior who puts a lot of points into Taunt and then goes into PvP. We need the ability to have 2 builds. Not load outs, but builds that we can swap between.
great if we can have this option [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

BoSterQ
02-27-2016, 04:10 AM
what !!!
Warrior +10 lv=+50 Str=500 hp
+ Skill Passives 10*5 STR= 50STR=500 hp
500+500= 1k hp
Now the warrior will have the 11+k hp There you will be able to kill him , When he will be healed lol...
(You have to somehow weaken)

merlys
02-27-2016, 02:01 PM
:unconscious: wooow

diexdie
02-27-2016, 03:53 PM
Wow

Sent from my EVERCOSS A65 using Tapatalk

kinzmet
02-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Stats Passives are not being changed as a part of this

Thanks for clarifying.
Another question, can we test this out in a test server like before? This is a very big undertaking that have a tendency to change every facet of builds and game-style, so I thinks it would be great if we can test it. But if you guys already have hired game-testers then, it would be great if you can post some of their helpful feedbacks :)

Golem
02-28-2016, 04:01 AM
Ty sts for new uodate again. We are happy that you made great job once again :)

TheJKBrother
02-28-2016, 07:58 AM
Sounds so awesome :D

ujangkampak
02-28-2016, 11:29 PM
thanks..
but 55 points for all (skill, passive, mastery) its was too little.
its 10 points to fully 1 masteries skill. bahahaahaaaa :banana:
how about 65points or even 75points its ok, that we grants 2/3 skill points per level from lv46 to 56. lmao :banana:

extrapayah
02-29-2016, 02:51 AM

it seems like when designing skill, you always consider how it can be maximize in a team, then my question is why do you make trap's bleed damage doesn't stack between players in a team? and what about magma's burn? and why fireball/gale knockdown doesn't stack between mages? if you do consider how it works in teamplay, then do it, don't make double standard

anyway, i think it is okay to have powerful debuff doesn't stack in effectiveness, but duration and damage should always stack

thanks

Carapace
02-29-2016, 11:22 AM
what !!!
Warrior +10 lv=+50 Str=500 hp
+ Skill Passives 10*5 STR= 50STR=500 hp
500+500= 1k hp
Now the warrior will have the 11+k hp There you will be able to kill him , When he will be healed lol...
(You have to somehow weaken)

Passives are not the same as Masteries, and will only have 5 ranks as they currently do.

crudmudgeon
02-29-2016, 01:07 PM

U read incorrectly

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

crudmudgeon
02-29-2016, 01:18 PM

Warriors got the shaft for a long time... give em a season to shine ;)

crudmudgeon
02-29-2016, 01:29 PM
I posted on the announcement thread a suggestion to add effects to maxed out skills. Because atm, these are pretty miniscule upgrades. 4% chance on a 10/10 ice to freeze an enemy? That's kinda disappointing to waste 9 points just to upgrade in increments of 0.4% and have it only proc statistically once per 2+ runs.

I was kind of hoping for more of a class-mastery system or something like that. Like for a mage, you can specialize as a Fire, Ice, or Lightning mage. Rogues can be Assassin, Ranger, or Magic Archer. Warriors can be Barbarians, Knights, or Paladins. And then each subclass has its own skills that can be upgraded to more potent stages. A fire mage can shoot a lv1 fireball and it has a small explosion, and then when the fireball range progressively grows with each level, and starts adding other effects like firecrackers every 3 levels.

AL's skill system has always been a plain bagel. It's right there, nothing to discover, nothing to really expand on, and this skill-mastery system is the cream cheese. It gives the skill system more flavor, but it doesnt change the generic system itself.
This is the type of mastery skill-tree rpgs tend to have and thus led to our collective expectations for their implementation in AL.

crudmudgeon
02-29-2016, 01:35 PM

I thought the idea was to CREATE CHANGE in the game... to even out the classism due to perceived usefullness. Mages a lil less squishy... rogues a lil less crit-heavy... warriors high rate of kills so people don't think tanks "slow them down"

Isn't this StS's stated goalthe goal In response to user feedback?

Solanu
02-29-2016, 01:39 PM
I really think that STS should implement skill swap outs for PVE and PVP, I use all of my skill points currently on just 5 skills, not all of them maxed and five maxed passives. Imo it is a great build that works well in pve and pvp, but if you add skill mastery. If i want to master skills i have to drop something, so it doesn't seem worth it.. If you give us the option to have a swap out for PVP then people can make the most of these skill mastery points. My two cents.

crudmudgeon
02-29-2016, 01:50 PM
I totally agree, I dont understand why vulcano is killing...
id bombs would have count too before... everybody would be mad too
now 2 warrior can rule the room easily ... sword warrior arent beatable
I vs them every day... sword does not make warriors invincible... they lose 300armor with sword

Carapace
02-29-2016, 03:17 PM

This is a cool idea, thanks for the feedback on this!

Carapace
02-29-2016, 03:19 PM
it seems like when designing skill, you always consider how it can be maximize in a team, then my question is why do you make trap's bleed damage doesn't stack between players in a team? and what about magma's burn? and why fireball/gale knockdown doesn't stack between mages? if you do consider how it works in teamplay, then do it, don't make double standard

anyway, i think it is okay to have powerful debuff doesn't stack in effectiveness, but duration and damage should always stack

thanks

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will take a look

extrapayah
02-29-2016, 09:19 PM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will take a look

thank you very much...

at the moment trap's bleed damage, and magma's ignited damage can only be dealt by one person at one time,
this made those two works negatively in pve, because enemies scaled with number of parties, but only one player can deal the bleed/ignite damage

in numbers, let's say 4 equally geared rogues running a pve map each rogue can deal bleed damage by 20hp/sec, then there is an enemy that usually have 200hp in solo, become 800hp in 4 man party,
but bleed effective dps doesn't increase from 20hp/sec, even though there are 4 players using trap in the map, because it simply doesn't stack between players

same with magma's ignite, in solo play, we can easily ignite all enemies in a group, because they got ignited even when hitting us, but in a full party, each enemy can only be ignited once at a same time by the party, meaning in both case, even if we are able to ignite all enemies in a single group, the total effective dps is equal with that of a solo play. it become useless even though it is a party buff...

instasmash
02-29-2016, 11:39 PM
Ojh g ghjjhgf

Deedlen
03-01-2016, 11:23 AM
yaaaaaaa gz

Xinghvn
03-02-2016, 04:08 AM
can u please increase the level for the availability for mastery (like mastery is only available for lv41 and above) , lv26 rogues with arcane with be far more op if they had the mana recover heal pack, it will make them impossible to defeat them in a 1 vs 1 match

kronosdivine
03-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Can you make a way for it to be easier for non-plat users to get plats?
~Seavveed

bladeultra
03-02-2016, 05:58 PM
updted atm?

Sent from my FAB LITE using Tapatalk

Carapace
03-03-2016, 04:55 PM
can u please increase the level for the availability for mastery (like mastery is only available for lv41 and above) , lv26 rogues with arcane with be far more op if they had the mana recover heal pack, it will make them impossible to defeat them in a 1 vs 1 match

Thanks for mentioning this, we will review the values involved

thekragle
03-03-2016, 06:59 PM
So I dont know if this has been touched on but one thing I hate about pvp is how quickly you die or how quickly you kill. ;)

I wish pvp was more like a boss battle where it took a little bit more time and strategy to win. What if every players HP were multiplied times ten when you spawn in pvp map so its a longer drag out battle and requires even more strategy. I mean cmon, in duel one shot or two shots in a second and you win....its too quick imho.

Alphonso14
03-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Nice I guess :/

Gerran
03-05-2016, 01:13 AM
Rogue

Just my opinion:;

- As I observe AOE radius impact 6m is not working atm. Its useless to put mastery point on this skill if you cant fix the basic problem. Good if fixed.
- Not worthy of any mastery point, if we use pet that has more 10% additional damage. You might want to give us another option.
- If I'm not mistaken +10 mastery skill upgrade for this will add 5% additional heal point. I suggest 1% per mastery level, a total of 10% additional heal point will worth the sacrifice 10 skill points. But will be most awesome if you add chance to replenish mana per hit.
- Its good but will do best if you can increase a bit range/diameter of razor shield.
- Fair and cool.
- Just maybe can add a stun AOE if activated or stepped; will be no more useless in pvp.
- This is pretty awesome, mana is like oxygen for rouge. I just have no idea on how much mana it can give.
- Good but better if you can add additional minus armor to prey for like 0.5% per level.

Legallyblonde
03-06-2016, 11:03 PM
I know I'm extremely late but I just wanted to give my input and some ideas behind the rogue masteries

Shadow Storm Shot
This is a rogue's most useless skill in every game mode to date. The mastery does nothing to improve it or make it see any use. The subskill that increases the range of SSS is enough. The mastery shouldn't increase the range too.

Instead
SSS Mastery increase base damage by 5% per level. 50% with 10 levels.

This allows SSS to at least deal as much damage as an uncharged Shadow Piercer and would allow the move to see more use in builds. Because the main problem with SSS is that it hits like a feather duster.

Entangling Trap
While cooldown reduction is nice an dandy it's pretty miniscule in usefulness. Since we can proc another trap instantly.

Instead

Entangling Net has a +2% chance to pull enemies in PvE.

First off this move is made for PvE. Second off, it's used for one thing and one thing only. Pulling mobs. Increasing the chance of pull would greatly increase traps usefullness.

Carapace
03-07-2016, 02:45 AM
Rogue

Just my opinion:;

- As I observe AOE radius impact 6m is not working atm. Its useless to put mastery point on this skill if you cant fix the basic problem. Good if fixed.
- Not worthy of any mastery point, if we use pet that has more 10% additional damage. You might want to give us another option.
- If I'm not mistaken +10 mastery skill upgrade for this will add 5% additional heal point. I suggest 1% per mastery level, a total of 10% additional heal point will worth the sacrifice 10 skill points. But will be most awesome if you add chance to replenish mana per hit.
- Its good but will do best if you can increase a bit range/diameter of razor shield.
- Fair and cool.
- Just maybe can add a stun AOE if activated or stepped; will be no more useless in pvp.
- This is pretty awesome, mana is like oxygen for rouge. I just have no idea on how much mana it can give.
- Good but better if you can add additional minus armor to prey for like 0.5% per level.

The 0.25 damage component of the Shadow Veil is a raw damage value, which then will be scaled by the pets 10% bonus, and not the same.

Thanks for the feedback!

kinzmet
03-07-2016, 11:09 AM
The 0.25 damage component of the Shadow Veil is a raw damage value, which then will be scaled by the pets 10% bonus, and not the same.

Thanks for the feedback!

If that was the case, then why not change the Passive Damage to raw damage value too? It is rendered useless since everyone got percent damage increase on pet's happiness bonus.

eugene9707
03-07-2016, 05:47 PM
If that was the case, then why not change the Passive Damage to raw damage value too? It is rendered useless since everyone got percent damage increase on pet's happiness bonus.

please read first post again ...

indrakurniawan
03-07-2016, 09:41 PM
when skil mastery?

extrapayah
03-08-2016, 04:04 PM
what about movement speed and armor passive?
skill points are expensive, points used for passives should always stack with everything... hence it is called passive...

also changing damage passive from percentage to static damage should be a quick patch that can make passives stacks with the broken stacking system... but time has passed way too long to be called 'quick patch' anymore, with all this time, you should be able to make damage % increase from passive always stack with anything, not nerfing it by making it a way less than 5% increased damage, however stackable it is

Carapace
03-08-2016, 05:15 PM
what about movement speed and armor passive?
skill points are expensive, points used for passives should always stack with everything... hence it is called passive...

also changing damage passive from percentage to static damage should be a quick patch that can make passives stacks with the broken stacking system... but time has passed way too long to be called 'quick patch' anymore, with all this time, you should be able to make damage % increase from passive always stack with anything, not nerfing it by making it a way less than 5% increased damage, however stackable it is

armor already works by being a scalar value applied bfore that calculation if I remember correctly. So if you had 1000 armor, 1 point in the armor passive shoudl be grantine 1.01*1000 armor, or 1010 in this case

Fredystern
03-08-2016, 08:34 PM
armor already works by being a scalar value applied bfore that calculation if I remember correctly. So if you had 1000 armor, 1 point in the armor passive shoudl be grantine 1.01*1000 armor, or 1010 in this case

Then passive damage? Still broken right? .-. When i put it 5/5 my friend say it wont stack with everything, pet bonus better than damage passive, its waste 1 of my respec scroll

Fredystern
03-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Anyway i have an opinion instead of rog heal packs heal mana, why not its reduce other skill mana?? Its better for rogue so they still need mage sometimes, warrior only can gain mana in pvp using venge. If mage gain from its heal . if rogue? Why not make a patern 1-1-0 so they'll need mage too in pvp, if you allow mana heal rogue will OP in pvp and duel. Some warrior only tank a rogue damage until thy cant cast any heal packs and kill them before heal packs again, if like this warrior will out of mana soon in pvp, make sure ur guide in new player make the rogue lacks of mana but high critical ty for reading my opinion dont blame mee >.<

tomsawer
03-08-2016, 09:29 PM
I'd like to add my 2¢ and say I hope with the new level cap to make teamwork a must to beat new bosses. I understand usually 4 players to a run and that's fine however, one of each class must be in a team .
This would add strategy and a role for each class .

will0
03-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Generally I would suggest sorcerer do not need to charge all skills to get the toon in maximum effectiveness with certain % of chance to work if skills are not being charge. Charge skills should get 100% chance like consecrate skill from arcane staff that makes more sense.

Sorcerer skills:
Charge FB for Stun 100%
Charge life to get heal buff over time, depends on health % it will not be full heal at the moment
Charge ice to get 25% chance to freeze mobs around target or cast a small tiny ice pool that doesn't work
Charge light to get 'chance' to stun or chance to chain lightning (chain lightning needs to be revamp to higher % when charge)
Charge shield for 2sec invulnerability arcane shield
Charge Time shift to get to root mobs only PVE and not boss also not PVP

extrapayah
03-09-2016, 07:38 AM

yeah, it works correctly, but pretty sure until now, it doesn't stack with any other percentage armor increase buff, e.g. 50% from gale, 15% from smoke veil, maridos' AA, glacian's AA, and effigy
the (bad) idea of non-stacking passive is the thing i'd like to highlight...

Niixed
03-09-2016, 08:14 AM
This is a cool idea, thanks for the feedback on this!

Carapace, it would be beyond fantastic and massively appreciated if you could work a dual build system (as rav suggested (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=2405653#post2405653)) into the next client release or soon thereafter. Such a system would increase overall game participation by removing an unnecessary barrier. I myself have often hesitated to venture to either PvP or PvE because my build was inadequate and respecing back and forth is so tedious.

Kobe Sloley
03-09-2016, 09:37 AM
Can't wait is this coming soon and like how soon

Adel Hesham
03-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Nicely done ........... but the only cool mastry updatss for mages r the ones for Lightining Bolt and Gale Foree ..... the rest r just a waste ...... that is my opinion .

I'am Too Old To Play Games

Minifigure
03-12-2016, 05:29 AM
sounds great! :o

Motherless_Child
03-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Fireball mana cost reduction is really meh, there is hardly ever a mage who needs mana, although it might save those potions while grinding those Elite APs, I would rather have something profitable to from while getting these APs(sorry for off topic).

Lightning damage increase by 1% per point won't really solve the dilemma of mages still nott having enough DPS in PvE, I would rather have damage reduction or a stun that actually works!

Time shift mastery has that 0.35% to permanent freeze an enemy but I bet it will be even rarer with all these mobs a Nott can't freeze/stun. Will PvE mobs immunity get overridden by this mastery skill?
Time shift mastery seems like the best of the lot, with such a skill in PvE, Nott's will never have trouble finding a party. The last question I have is will this .35% increase? With the DoT on time shift 3.5% does seem alright but still doesn't solve the role of mages having hardly any effect in boss fights...

Yeah.... Mana reduction costs for mages is like sooooo.......... :uncomfortableness:

Legallyblonde
03-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Looking back on this the skill mastery system as a whole is meh. There's little to no variety or originality involved with the entire concept. While the OP was written trying to send a message of "Spend points in masteries for your own individual build." it is quite pointless since everyone's just going to follow the same build that's most effective in PvE/PVP as everyone else.

The entire mastery system just looks more like a "filler skill point dump" than an actual RPG skill system with substance.

Only some of the masteries look somewhat decent for each class None of the "bad skills" got masteries that could help them see use and some of the staple skills on common builds got useless masteries no one with a brain would waste skill points on.

I hope STS rethinks how they want to go about reviving their skill system. Because this mastery system will do nothing to breath life into the same old skills we've been using for the last 3 years.

Gouiwaa9000
03-15-2016, 07:51 AM
Lol I can't decide , shield or clock XD

Gouiwaa9000
03-16-2016, 08:04 AM
What's a possible release date for 1.5 client? :p

Love foxz
03-17-2016, 02:53 AM
The expansion is gonna be a good one!

geaneciue
03-17-2016, 04:39 AM
I hope that skill masteries can really be as useful as I am expecting...but I don't think the current minor changes are gonna do anything for this skill system.
You should try adding new skills... how about a 5th skill slot THAT WOULD BE GREAT.
But still looking forward to it.
Thanks STS.

AngryLucas
03-18-2016, 01:08 AM

The Nitty Gritty

Warrior

Rogue

Sorcerer

But, Respecs cost $$!

5 respec to every players really means to only one account not to every character [emoji21]

Manuel Emilio
03-18-2016, 01:35 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160318/50e1c8b05a63c577aa05cb9f8d0852c0.jpg it's 5.0 or 0.5 secs?

Enviado desde mi B1-730 mediante Tapatalk

Adel Hesham
03-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Why did u make one mastry for 10 points ! ....... why it wont be just five ! ......

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Haligali
03-19-2016, 03:37 PM
gale force mastery, every tick removes all negative effect or 1 tick just 1 negative effect? does it rebuff also? like i have unlocked 50% armor bonus from gale force, then an armor reducing skill lands on me (eg aim shot, axe throw) which negates the 50% bonus and i will be on normal armor stat - 10%, then after the tick i will be rebuffed to +50% or just to my normal stat?

Diggdugg
03-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Why.. Did you guys nerf clock mastery ??? 10/10 was 4.0 sec now it's 3.5 may not seem like a lot but when you've calculated time and points it's a lot... Aaaaand you guys didn't communicat the nerf at all..wth just sneak in the nerf and hope we didn't see it

extrapayah
03-22-2016, 12:09 PM
Looking back on this the skill mastery system as a whole is meh. There's little to no variety or originality involved with the entire concept. While the OP was written trying to send a message of "Spend points in masteries for your own individual build." it is quite pointless since everyone's just going to follow the same build that's most effective in PvE/PVP as everyone else.

The entire mastery system just looks more like a "filler skill point dump" than an actual RPG skill system with substance.

Only some of the masteries look somewhat decent for each class None of the "bad skills" got masteries that could help them see use and some of the staple skills on common builds got useless masteries no one with a brain would waste skill points on.

I hope STS rethinks how they want to go about reviving their skill system. Because this mastery system will do nothing to breath life into the same old skills we've been using for the last 3 years.

after trying thoroughly rogue's skill mastery and briefly for other classes, i agree with legally blonde here... most of the masteries don't offer enough variety... especially mastery of mana cost reduction and cooldown reduction, both are definitely increasing the skill potential, but in a very boring way... in fact, every mastery should give percentage based mana cost reduction, percentage based cooldown reduction, AND newly additional effect that increase by each skill points spent...

the cooldown reduction and mana cost reduction doesn't need to be high, but then again 20% mana cost reduction isn't much, 25% cooldown reduction neither, for 10 skill points. but it has to be percentage based, to be fair with other skills, because the cost for each mastery is the same, 1 skill point per 1 point of mastery...

Flipburry
03-24-2016, 11:20 AM
The only thing I have to add to this is that they are a tad weak, IMO. Although, how much do they change per skill point? Haven't leveled up yet.
Something that would be cool in the future though however would be to maybe add a few skills to each class, and maybe add a skill slot too. Maybe create a new character as well, that'd be neat. Just thoughts I've been having lately :)

Fsuryo
03-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Fire mastery not affective at all

Jiinzou
03-25-2016, 06:10 PM
What u mages gonna put your skill points in?