PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends: Alterra at War Episode 3: Skies of Death Chapter 2: Wings of Terror

RushalotPL
02-23-2016, 01:24 AM
Pocket Legends: Alterra at War
Episode 3: Skies of Death
Chapter 2: Wings of Terror

Up, up into the gray sky and the sea of clouds, the other crimson biplanes following me while Mikhailov was in the lead. Meanwhile, the armored cars and the Rushians kept shooting at the Dark Alterrans while they hid in the trenches for cover. The large cannons roared like tigers as white smoke escaped from the barrel. Every DA soldier placed the shells inside the cannon breech and kept roaring. KA-BOOM! The armored car bursted into flames, while the surviving driver escapes from the heat of the flames. Few of the Rushians were mowed down by the arrows from the not only the trenches, but also from the stone pillboxes and the brick towers.
In one of the trenches, a group of soldiers were operating a huge metal ballista, with a head of a dragon. The arrows flew into the air from the dragon’s while looking down at the iron sights.
Mikhailov: “They’re using the ballista for anti-aircraft artillery! Watch out!”
The arrows flew into the air so fast that you can only see dark, blurry lines. RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT!!! The troops tried to take cover, but they were immediately gunned down as the bullets shot through their guts as their blood splattered.
Mikhailov: “Comrade, see the tower? Blow it into bits!”
The crimson biplane dived down for another hunt, ready to demolish into smithereens. I felt the wind pushing through my face and my sweat flying from my face. As the bomb dropped on the roof, KA-BOOM! The burnt bricks and planks of wood flew everywhere. Now, it was nothing but a pile of bricks, heavy flames, and dark smoke flying up in the sky. Just like after the first dive, the crimson biplane rose into the sky, while dodging the arrows from the operating ballista.
UUSR Soldier #1: “By gods! Commander, your partner is actually professional at bomb diving! He must join us at when we arrive at Balefort!”
Mikhailov: “If he wasn’t there, how would we able to win this civil war? He’ll always there for us, no matter what!”
Meanwhile, the DA artillery soldiers kept firing as millions of arrows and flames soared into the air like an eagle. The biplanes twisted, turned, and dived from the deadly rain as they struggled to survive.
UUSR Soldier #2: “Commander, our armed forces can’t advance much longer! We need air support right now!”
Mikhailov: “Keep diving! Those trenches will be their graves! As long my trusted comrade is still here, we will wipe out those filthy animals!”
Mikhailov: *tells me* “You know what to do…”
Down, down, down into the trenches, ready to drop a another bomb to blast the Dark Alterrans into ashes. The DA troops that were using the dragon ballista, carefully aimed at the biplanes, and arrows began to shoot through the sky. There were blurry dark lines that disappeared in the second.
Mikhailov: “WATCH OUT!”
Suddenly, a blurry line, transformed into a giant arrow was coming straight at me, but I turned hard right with my steering wheel. The good news is that I quickly dodged the arrow, but the bad news was for the other biplane. Behind me, an explosion erupted, and next to me, the fighter’s left wing was demolished into smoke with flames, but the soldier is still alive. Poor guy. He won’t survive for long.
UUSR Soldier #3: “Mayday! Mayday! My plane can’t hold for long! I’m gonna crash!”
Mikhailov: “If you’re a true soldier, fly down straight at the ballista. They will burn into crisp and so do you! That is courage and sacrifice, fallen one!”
As horror flooded into my head, the engine still roared as the injured biplane dove straight below. Next, there was him speaking, for his last words.
UUSR Soldier #3: “AHHH!!! медведи мира, объединяйтесь!!!”
It was the motto of the UUSR. Every time when a Rushian is about to get killed or go to battle, they will say those vital words. In English, it’s translated to: “Bears of the world, unite”. The next thing I knew, KA-BOOM! The biplane exploded into scraps of burnt steel and red, dark flames scattered everywhere. I could no longer see the Rushian, and the DA artillery troops. Just, flames and thick smoke as I saw this with horror flooding inside my head…

To Be Continued...

RushalotPL
02-23-2016, 01:26 AM
Will he and Mikhailov survive this horrific battle? Find out next time!