PDA

View Full Version : Dear Farmers,

largecommand
07-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Got a couple of questions for you farmers out there. Any tips on farming? Ive farm everynight for atleast 4 hours at Sewers and not one single pink has dropped for me. Is there a trick or something?
Ive heard that many people have left PL for a couple of weeks and came back and farmed had lots of pinks drop for them.:confused:

Fyrce
07-05-2011, 01:08 PM
You doing all the bosses? on the different levels? You can also rotate between areas for a change of scenery.

Darkfader
07-05-2011, 01:09 PM
All drops are 100% random so there isn't trick at all.
But farming will bring you pink on some point, i been daily farming sewers too, if i wouldn't get pink two days ago it would been no whole month without sewer pink drop for me. Drop rate is low so keep on farming. :)

Riccits
07-05-2011, 01:43 PM
i was 3 weeks there without pinks and after got a battlesword, after another week got another battlesword.
thers ppl out there wich grinded to 56 without pink in BS

joeythewise
07-05-2011, 02:01 PM
I like to farm ao sometimes but i mainly go to mcrocs still farm to kill Billy Bob. U get a hooch hat everytime. Ive made 50k n 2 days just from that

Ixillicus
07-05-2011, 02:24 PM
It's just random. I have gone through periods where I got a pink everyday, none for weeks. Even got a full Sewer King Set in 2 hours once. Because it's totally random you could win everytime (totally unlikely) or you could never get a pink, but that's unlikely if you do enough runs.

The only tip I have is not to get frustrated when you don't get them, or you won't enjoy the time spent playing.

nmyxspaceship
07-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah i am 55 and been farming alot even with my 52 and ive never gotten a pink drop:( its pretty sad thank God for the swamps:D

pwnpear
07-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Although I really doubt this works, my friend(who gets lots of pinks), told me a trick for pinks(I'm only revealing this because its prob rllly hard to do). When the boss is at vry low xp, unleash a combo of all attack spells. Hope that helps lol.

JaytB
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Although I really doubt this works, my friend(who gets lots of pinks), told me a trick for pinks(I'm only revealing this because its prob rllly hard to do). When the boss is at vry low xp, unleash a combo of all attack spells. Hope that helps lol.

LOL, you're joking right?

largecommand
07-05-2011, 04:49 PM
no i think hes right rlly, ive done that and got a mm star wand a couple months back twice in a row. since then now one pink has dropped for me. not one.

JaytB
07-05-2011, 04:50 PM
no i think hes right rlly, ive done that and got a mm star wand a couple months back twice in a row. since then now one pink has dropped for me. not one.

If it works, why don't you just do it again? O.o

Physiologic
07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
I drop my device into a cup of water right before I kill Goldfever and I always get pink drops

skavenger216
07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Yes, I know he's wrong. Pure coincidence, all drops are random. NOTHING you do will change your chances of getting a pink, other than luck pots and big luck. This has been discussed MANY times on the forum. I really wish people would quit spreading false information, its getting quite annoying.

csb
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM

Sometimes I kill something faster than usual and get a better drop than usual. I was thinking that maybe I made the drop happen by playing better. So, I try playing better, and don't get the drops. I guess it's just coincidence. Whenever something drops, i think, "what did i do different this time?"

I have solo'ed the keeper map hundreds of times without getting a single pink. I see and get a lot more pink drops in Keeper running with groups. I wanted a pink brew jug from the swamps, so I solo'ed only about 30 times and got it. I did first skeller crunch map twice, and got 2 pinks. Do they drop a lot there? Too bad i don't want anything from that map. I've done sewer bosses maybe 500 times and got about 5 pinks and 1 recipe.

So, drop rates are a mystery to me. I wish STS would publish the drop rate math, that would relieve a lot of stress.

Kingofhurtz
07-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I drop my device into a cup of water right before I kill Goldfever and I always get pink drops

Lol this made my day :D

Physiologic
07-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Sometimes I kill something faster than usual and get a better drop than usual. I was thinking that maybe I made the drop happen by playing better. So, I try playing better, and don't get the drops. I guess it's just coincidence. Whenever something drops, i think, "what did i do different this time?"

I have solo'ed the keeper map hundreds of times without getting a single pink. I see and get a lot more pink drops in Keeper running with groups. I wanted a pink brew jug from the swamps, so I solo'ed only about 30 times and got it. I did first skeller crunch map twice, and got 2 pinks. Do they drop a lot there? Too bad i don't want anything from that map. I've done sewer bosses maybe 500 times and got about 5 pinks and 1 recipe.

So, drop rates are a mystery to me. I wish STS would publish the drop rate math, that would relieve a lot of stress.

There is no drop rate math. From Asommers himself:

The fairest solution is the one we have, drops are random.

-ALS

If anything, if a pink drop was 1% at Balefort Sewers and there were 5 people, it would be

Player 1: 1% for pink
Player 2: 1% for pink
Player 3: 1% for pink
Player 4: 1% for pink
Player 5: 1% for pink

skavenger216
07-05-2011, 05:49 PM
There is no drop rate math. From Asommers himself:

Thank you, phys! I wanted to quote that asommers post in my post, but I couldn't find it, lol!

Kingofhurtz
07-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I did first skeller crunch map twice, and got 2 pinks. Do they drop a lot there? Too bad i don't want anything from that map. I've done sewer bosses maybe 500 times and got about 5 pinks and 1 recipe.

The drop rate of pinks in Skeller Krunch Returns is exceptionally high. If you ever feel like you never get pinks and you're the unluckiest person in the world, stop by there ;)

WhoIsThis
07-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Statistically 1 pink per 20 runs; perhaps somewhat better odds if big luck and lucky elixirs are factored in.

pwnpear
07-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Yes, I know he's wrong. Pure coincidence, all drops are random. NOTHING you do will change your chances of getting a pink, other than luck pots and big luck. This has been discussed MANY times on the forum. I really wish people would quit spreading false information, its getting quite annoying.
lol srry buddy
Just thought Id share what my friend told me. He does get ALOT of pinks though ^^

Otukura
07-05-2011, 11:12 PM

Please tell me you're not saving all those spells until the end.