PDA

View Full Version : Finally starting AL

Sir Vampire
02-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Hello there AL people!

I'm Sir Vampire, i have played pocket legends since 2010 but i never even took a look at AL.
I now finally started to do AL, i started a mage and got some friends to help me get started (some gold and vanitys etc.)
This is what my mage looks like rn
http://i68.tinypic.com/2udwzfc.png

If anyone has some tips for me please let me know ^-^
Thank you all very much!

- Sir Vampire

wangkj
02-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Nice vanities commando and crimson wings your stats could be better add me in game ign seasiskefe and I can help u get better gear and run maps and give tips Im a level 44 mage

Zylx
02-26-2016, 01:17 AM
Welcome to the AL community!

Sir Vampire
02-26-2016, 08:17 AM
Nice vanities commando and crimson wings your stats could be better add me in game ign seasiskefe and I can help u get better gear and run maps and give tips Im a level 44 mage

I did add you ^-^
I'm currently using full int as stats, skills i have the FireBall, Lightning, Tornado, Clock

wangkj
02-26-2016, 10:10 AM
I did add you ^-^
I'm currently using full int as stats, skills i have the FireBall, Lightning, Tornado, Clock

Full isn't is the right way to go also my skill set is the same as yours is except I use shield instead of gale for endgame elites

Sir Vampire
02-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Hm alright and why did u choose shield over gale?

wangkj
02-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Hm alright and why did u choose shield over gale?

Because I value survivability in elites before for lower levels I use life giver because I'm squishy but don't use it during hard maps because it attracts aggro

Zylx
02-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Fireball and Ice are the two most important mage skills, followed by Clock. That leaves 1 slot for another skill.

Shield should be used in harder maps, especially if your hp/armor is low.

Curse should never be used.

Lifegiver should never be used in PvE unless you are really new and cant afford potions.

Gale is a great AoE attack and also good for going across maps quickly

Lightning is great for bosses, as it's a single-target moderately high damage skill with great crit.

I mostly run with fire, ice, clock, and either lightning, gale, or shield depending on the situation.

Sir Vampire
02-26-2016, 08:50 PM
This was very helpfull thanks alot! ^-^

wangkj
02-26-2016, 09:01 PM
I honestly prefer lightning over frost but Zulu is probably Bette than me so listen to zylx

Schnitzel
02-27-2016, 06:19 PM
Full isn't is the right way to go also my skill set is the same as yours is except I use shield instead of gale for endgame elites

Agreed,

in Elites, mobs can hit harder and have higher HP

Shield will keep you alive longer.
Gale (if you don't direct it right) may send you flying into a mob. Also there's that slight delay where you can't move

Also, in Elites, don't use heal. You got potions anyways, so no point taking a skill slot when you can only have 4

Lightning is good for those mobs will low hp, you focus a lot of dmg on them and get a chance to make that OP-styled multi-lightning effect,
but in elites, mobs don't die that quickly.

Frost will "stun" the enemies (minus bosses), gives you a bit of breathing room while fighting large numbers

Clock (Time Shift) is very good for AoE, as it can slow down/root an enemy in place while damaging them
(I use this in WT4 a lot since it's initial drop can flatten a lot of enemies, and the DoT kills them later)

wangkj
02-28-2016, 01:24 AM
Agreed,

in Elites, mobs can hit harder and have higher HP

Shield will keep you alive longer.
Gale (if you don't direct it right) may send you flying into a mob. Also there's that slight delay where you can't move

Also, in Elites, don't use heal. You got potions anyways, so no point taking a skill slot when you can only have 4

Lightning is good for those mobs will low hp, you focus a lot of dmg on them and get a chance to make that OP-styled multi-lightning effect,
but in elites, mobs don't die that quickly.

Frost will "stun" the enemies (minus bosses), gives you a bit of breathing room while fighting large numbers

Clock (Time Shift) is very good for AoE, as it can slow down/root an enemy in place while damaging them
(I use this in WT4 a lot since it's initial drop can flatten a lot of enemies, and the DoT kills them later)
Thats me gotta think like a pro but play like a nab

Sunzino
03-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Welcome mate

nopassword
03-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Welcome to AL mate

cio
04-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Hello welcome to AL

Deathlyreaper
05-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Go full int that's the best way to go. If u r squishy then I suggest putting some in str like 10

Skills should be Fireball everything but the 20% hit reduction I find that worthless
Ice everything except the last one
Light only 1st and 3rd upgrade
Clock everything
Option: Gale with the 3rd upgrade only and if u want the upgrade that gives 50% armour
Shield 4/5 without knockback

Passives 5/5 Int Str Dex Crit

Put 10/10 mastery on clock it does wonders in elite. It literally freezes almost every mob forever even when you die

Billy1
05-02-2016, 09:13 PM
This was helpfull tanks a lot<3