PDA

View Full Version : Free platinum issue

TheBirds
07-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Clicked on the free plat link and web page said not available, sight may be down or moved... seeing if its just me or is it really down or moved.

Otukura
07-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Mine is fine. Have you installed any adblockers/rooted your phone lately?

If you're an apple user, I have no clue.

TheBirds
07-05-2011, 10:19 PM
yea recently updated my phone from froyo to gingerbread. had it rooted before on froyo and didn't have a problem... so still kind of corious on what it could be :/ ... i just need two plat to respec my mage lol

Otukura
07-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Weird.. I've heard of problems when rooting, not the other way around.

TheBirds
07-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Still having this issue... My phone is a Samsung Captivate with Gingerbread 2.3.3 rooted. I was advised by Thade to go and email tapjoyads to have them help me since he said, it wouldn't be an issue with STS but an issue with their part(tapjoy's). I got an email from them couple days later saying talk to the dev's here at STS, that its an issue on STS's side. But when I look at the process of me clicking on the free platinum button, it takes me to a second button to confirm that im trying to get free plat. Once i click on that button it pulls up my browser and shows the unable to connect stuff like i posted earlier. I'm not a software genious or anything, but im smart enought to know... It can't be an issue on STS's side since the issue occurs when it gets to my browser and attempts to connect to their site.... God, all i want to do is earn some free platinum! I'm not trying to spend more money right now on more platinum like i did last month... where i baught 2800 plat coins which i used to power lvl my 3 main toons and reset their specs to what i liked.

Salmiakki
07-15-2011, 01:15 AM
If you had an adblocker installed at any point, removing it probably will not undo the changes it made to your hosts file. At any rate, you should still be looking at your hosts file to see if "127.0.0.1 ws.tapjoyads.com" is present, especially if other sites load fine.

If you're familiar with ADB you can pull your hosts file from system/etc to your PC and use a text editor to search for that specific line.

Take care,
Sal