PDA

View Full Version : Hello! :)

Sheugokin
02-27-2016, 06:24 PM
Wuzzup my forum friends. I haven't really been posting because of these stupid college apps and financial aid -.-.

So tired at the end of the day to even think on top of my rigorous schedule at school. (Who said that Senior Year is for slacking?) LOL!

Give me updates on what have been happening with you guys. I have already caught up with everything happening in PL.

Glad to see y'all! :)

Vigilante
02-27-2016, 07:25 PM
What a coincidence! I'm in the same situation as you are xd. But eyyy Senior Year is pretty much defined as slackers

Burningdex
02-28-2016, 02:21 AM
i quit, gl in senior year, you'll smash it

Sheugokin
02-28-2016, 12:41 PM
What a coincidence! I'm in the same situation as you are xd. But eyyy Senior Year is pretty much defined as slackers

Which colleges you looking at? NO NEVER! Senioritis is not a thing. NEVER!!!!

i quit, gl in senior year, you'll smash it

Whatchu mean you quit? A college education may not be the sole determinant of your successful future (whatever that means to you), but it sure opens many doors. You cant do it! :)

Trenton
02-28-2016, 08:03 PM
(Who said that Senior Year is for slacking?) LOL!
I had 2 heart surgeries and ended up missing 35 days of the first semester of my senior year and still ended up graduating early, slacking is all I did :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Burningdex
02-28-2016, 11:51 PM
Which colleges you looking at? NO NEVER! Senioritis is not a thing. NEVER!!!!

Whatchu mean you quit? A college education may not be the sole determinant of your successful future (whatever that means to you), but it sure opens many doors. You cant do it! :)

quit PL.. lol

Suentous PO
02-29-2016, 12:24 AM
I had 2 heart surgeries and ended up missing 35 days of the first semester of my senior year and still ended up graduating early, slacking is all I did :D

That odd moment when it dawns on me most ppl don't know you aren't using sarcasm or hyperbole, but instead are telling the literal truth o.o
Luv ya boo

Promagin
03-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Wuzzup my forum friends. I haven't really been posting because of these stupid college apps and financial aid -.-.

So tired at the end of the day to even think on top of my rigorous schedule at school. (Who said that Senior Year is for slacking?) LOL!

Give me updates on what have been happening with you guys. I have already caught up with everything happening in PL.

Glad to see y'all! :)

Don't even stress, we've discussed your educational goals in the past, have any of them changed? Haha, It's definitely worth it to sustain a rigorous schedule throughout all of your schooling. Graduating High School with an Associate's degree was highly rewarding, and has been very helpful in determining my career choice.

I've just been living the good life. Running trails, and being engaged to med school .

Sheugokin
03-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Don't even stress, we've discussed your eductational goals in the past, have any of them changed? Haha, It's definitely worth it to sustain a rigorous schedule throughout all of your schooling. Graduating High School with an Associate's degree was highly rewarding, and has been very helpful in determining my career choice.

I've just been living the good life. Running trails, and being engaged to med school .

Dam lol. I remember talking to you dillon like 2 years ago. My gosh, time has seriously flown by. Well, in a couple of weeks, I will be able to tell you where I am going for college. I am so excited for this new chapter.

I would say that Elementary School < Middle School < High School < (hopefully) College < Grad School.

Keep it going guys! How are y'all?

BTW PL is filled with very very intelligent people. My gosh! :) Not that I expected and less or more of the people.

Itoopeo
03-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Keep it going guys! How are y'all?

BTW PL is filled with very very intelligent people. My gosh! :) .

First of all, I'm fine, thanks for asking. (pro small talk by the finn)

And do you refer to me with the intelligent people? I am graduating college in a month after all. ;)
We used to be best friends sheugokin! Do you still love me?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Sheugokin
03-16-2016, 03:17 PM
First of all, I'm fine, thanks for asking. (pro small talk by the finn)

And do you refer to me with the intelligent people? I am graduating college in a month after all. ;)
We used to be best friends sheugokin! Do you still love me?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

I will answer with two no's to those two questions.

Reunegade
03-16-2016, 08:19 PM
woa its shoegoclean! what's your 'dream' school? and gl on those college apps they can be a pain

programmed
03-17-2016, 06:31 AM
Sup (thought I'd check in).

Burningdex
03-18-2016, 12:13 AM
Sup (thought I'd check in).

HEY MAN, hows life treatin' ya?

programmed
03-18-2016, 07:49 AM
HEY MAN, hows life treatin' ya?

Hey there. I'm doing alright, thanks. :)

humiiii
03-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Hey there. I'm doing alright, thanks. :)

Woah been a while, where you been?

programmed
03-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Woah been a while, where you been?
I've been searching for the right school, working more at my business, dealing with medical problems, and just trying to enjoy life as much as I am able right now rather than spending my time playing games. Not that I have anything against PL or anyone here, I've been staying away from all games in general. Instead of using my free time here I've better spent it on my photography, my birds, and keeping myself as healthy and in shape as I can.

If anyone else is wishing to chat shoot me a PM instead of sending Sheugokin's thread more off-topic. :)

Sheugokin
03-18-2016, 04:36 PM
I've been searching for the right school, working more at my business, dealing with medical problems, and just trying to enjoy life as much as I am able right now rather than spending my time playing games. Not that I have anything against PL or anyone here, I've been staying away from all games in general. Instead of using my free time here I've better spent it on my photography, my birds, and keeping myself as healthy and in shape as I can.

If anyone else is wishing to chat shoot me a PM instead of sending Sheugokin's thread more off-topic. :)

It's totally ok.

So far I have been accepted to Boston College (Morrisey College of Arts and Sciences, my most realistic and best school) and Rutgers State University-New Brunswick (Safety just in case and School of Arts and Science).

I have been wait-listed at Johns Hopkins University, University of Chicago, and Northwestern University, all of which are high-reaching schools and thus are my dream schools.

I was rejected ( :( ) at Columbia University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Currently, I am waiting for decisions from:

New York University Accepted!

Dartmouth College Waitlisted

Cornell University Denied!

Tufts University Denied!

University of Pennsylvania Waitlisted!

Yale University Denied!

Brown University Waitlisted!

Princeton University Accepted BABY!!!! <--Gonna go def with a full scholarship!

Emory University Accepted!

University of Virginia Accepted!

Carnegie Mellon University Accepted! (Mellon College of Science).

There it is! :)

I am so glad everyone here is so supportive and so appreciative. Wish me luck (I hope a few accept me from those that I am still waiting on)!

Trenton
03-19-2016, 12:04 AM
It's totally ok.

So far I have been accepted to Boston College (Morrisey College of Arts and Sciences, my most realistic and best school) and Rutgers State University-New Brunswick (Safety just in case and School of Arts and Science).

I have been wait-listed at Johns Hopkins University, University of Chicago, and Northwestern University, all of which are high-reaching schools and thus are my dream schools.

I was rejected ( :( ) at Columbia University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Currently, I am waiting for decisions from:

New York University (don't really want to go there unless they give me a full ride)

Dartmouth College (would be great :) )

Cornell University (would be great :) )

Tufts University (would be great :) )

University of Pennsylvania (would be great :) )

Yale University (would be great :) )

Brown University (would be great :) )

Princeton University (would be great :) )

Emory University (I can't really figure out if I really want to go there)

University of Virginia (IDK either lol)

Carnegie Mellon University (My second most realistic and best school that I would like to go to).

There it is! :)

I am so glad everyone here is so supportive and so appreciative. Wish me luck (I hope a few accept me from those that I am still waiting on)!
Omg go to Cornell with me we can be the snobbiest jerks there! Also please no Dartmouth I'll cry

Sheugokin
03-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Omg go to Cornell with me we can be the snobbiest jerks there! Also please no Dartmouth I'll cry

Are you there right now?? Or did you get accepted? If so, u need to pull strings for me bro! I wanna go :)

Sheugokin
03-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Accepted to Carnegie Mellon University! :)

Burningdex
03-26-2016, 05:25 PM
Accepted to Carnegie Mellon University! :)
Congrats man ! Happy easter c:

Sheugokin
03-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Edited in original post *

Sheugokin
04-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Decisions are all up! Super happy and thoroughly pleased with the outcomes!

Suentous PO
04-03-2016, 12:01 AM
Damn son, gg - gf - wp
Good to hear good things happen to good ppl :]

Reunegade
04-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Have you decided where you are going to go? What are you planning to be later on in life?

Sheugokin
04-05-2016, 02:20 PM
Have you decided where you are going to go? What are you planning to be later on in life?

I have already committed to Princeton University as a student of the Class of 2020.

anahadaz
04-05-2016, 02:45 PM
I have already committed to Princeton University as a student of the Class of 2020.

Wow, congratulations on the results! It may be a bit of a hard question to answer, but do you have a dream career you are aiming for with all of this work?
I myself am trying to study for major exams to get into college, unfortunately I'm one of those people who is (not to be overconfident or anything) academically smart but almost useless when it comes to knuckling down and studying, 5 minutes later I just look up and stare at the wall lol, motivation is difficult to come by for me. Years ago I could get several A's without barely doing extra study but now my subjects are more specific and dense, and I can't afford to try wing possibly the biggest exams of my life.

Sheugokin
04-15-2016, 04:55 PM
Wow, congratulations on the results! It may be a bit of a hard question to answer, but do you have a dream career you are aiming for with all of this work?
I myself am trying to study for major exams to get into college, unfortunately I'm one of those people who is (not to be overconfident or anything) academically smart but almost useless when it comes to knuckling down and studying, 5 minutes later I just look up and stare at the wall lol, motivation is difficult to come by for me. Years ago I could get several A's without barely doing extra study but now my subjects are more specific and dense, and I can't afford to try wing possibly the biggest exams of my life.

I am aiming for a Chemistry major with a concentration in Chemical Biology with a Certificate in Biophysics. Tbh, I worked very hard to achieve such success, and I studied. Harder for some exams than others but I always had the motivation, since I don't wanna end up working in the brutal restaurant atmosphere my parents have endured and are enduring.

So there is always that drive and concentration. As for you, the best way I keep myself focused on studying is by trying to list the possibilities and consequences of earning a bad grade. If there is a lot in stake, such as your career or pride or whatever it may be, it may force you to concentrate. IDK, that's just what I find useful.

Default1732
04-15-2016, 09:03 PM
wow! lol i want be prince

Sheugokin
04-22-2016, 06:48 PM
wow! lol i want be prince

That awkward moment when you mean Princeton but wrote Prince........

Look at the news :(

Reunegade
04-22-2016, 08:33 PM
Wow, that troll account predicted it all. :(

anahadaz
04-23-2016, 05:04 AM
I am aiming for a Chemistry major with a concentration in Chemical Biology with a Certificate in Biophysics. Tbh, I worked very hard to achieve such success, and I studied. Harder for some exams than others but I always had the motivation, since I don't wanna end up working in the brutal restaurant atmosphere my parents have endured and are enduring.

So there is always that drive and concentration. As for you, the best way I keep myself focused on studying is by trying to list the possibilities and consequences of earning a bad grade. If there is a lot in stake, such as your career or pride or whatever it may be, it may force you to concentrate. IDK, that's just what I find useful.

Jesus, fair play . Chemistry turned out to be more difficult than I expected. Thanks for the suggestion though, and good luck with your major.

Sheugokin
04-28-2016, 06:54 PM
Jesus, fair play . Chemistry turned out to be more difficult than I expected. Thanks for the suggestion though, and good luck with your major.

Chemistry is difficult but definitely rewarding for me because getting the answers correct provides another layer to understanding. It is easy to see that 30 mL of 1M HCl will neutralize 30 mL of 1M NaOH (simplest possible neutralization reaction haha), but doing the calculations cements the experimental data. It's just sooooo fascinating.

Meanwhile, I am dying from these AP exams I have next week and the week after and these essays my teachers unsympathetically assigned....

Taccori
04-28-2016, 07:03 PM
Just chill, college is too easy, you will get into college, and you will be able to pay for it. If you dont get your choice first go around you can always transfer. Enjoy your senior year and your last year being a legit kid.

anahadaz
04-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Chemistry is difficult but definitely rewarding for me because getting the answers correct provides another layer to understanding. It is easy to see that 30 mL of 1M HCl will neutralize 30 mL of 1M NaOH (simplest possible neutralization reaction haha), but doing the calculations cements the experimental data. It's just sooooo fascinating.

Meanwhile, I am dying from these AP exams I have next week and the week after and these essays my teachers unsympathetically assigned....

Oh it's no doubt a very fascinating subject, the practicals are interesting, especially when we do a titration and how the smallest difference in the amount of solution added can result in a complete colour change. Sometimes the theory can be challenging though

Burningdex
04-29-2016, 06:47 PM
GL on your exams and assignments Sheu, you'll smash it!

Ninja c:
05-03-2016, 08:43 AM
It is easy to see that 30 mL of 1M HCl will neutralize 30 mL of 1M NaOH (simplest possible neutralization reaction haha), but doing the calculations cements the experimental data
If 1+1=2 and the grass is green tell me the velocity of the sun.

Suentous PO
05-03-2016, 08:54 AM
If 1+1=2 and the grass is green tell me the velocity of the sun.

The sun orbits the galactic center at a speed of about 220 km/s

Oh gawd I'm a nerd kil meh

Burningdex
05-06-2016, 04:05 AM
The sun orbits the galactic center at a speed of about 220 km/s

Oh gawd I'm a nerd kil meh

We are on a forum for a 6 year old mobile game which has been long left behind; I think we all classify as nerds

Sheugokin
05-06-2016, 04:03 PM
We are on a forum for a 6 year old mobile game which has been long left behind; I think we all classify as nerds

@Burn: One simply cannot deny that fact. Hahah.

My thoughts on the AP's that I have taken:

(Scores for AP's range from 1-5, 5 being extremely well-qualified, and 1 being not qualified)

AP Chemistry: Not as bad as I thought it would have been. Hoping for a 5 but pretty sure I got at least a 4.

AP English Literature and Composition: The multiple choice got me going crazy. Some passages and poems might as well be written in Old English. The composition must have saved my score as I flushed out all of my thoughts. Hopefully a 5 but pretty sure I got a 4.

AP Calculus BC (equivalent to Calculus II in most colleges...prolly not Princeton tho....): I thought it was gonna be crazy with the series and parametric equations, but it wasn't too hard. You need 60% of the points to get a 5 (A testament to truly how hard these exams are) and I am pretty sure I got a 5.

AP Spanish: I suck at Spanish and I am not Hispanic, so the audio sections screwed me over. I could barely understand the Spanish the tape recorder said: one had a Colombian accent and each audio section had a different Spanish accent. I am hoping for a 4 on this one

AP Physics C: Mechanics: I will let you guys know on Monday because I haven't taken it yet!

This week was crazy. I barely got enough sleep and I still had to prompose for my prom which is coming up. I am glad everything went well this year. #Blessed!

Itoopeo
05-17-2016, 02:40 AM
I will answer with two no's to those two questions.

What about a face reveal?

Promagin
05-17-2016, 06:20 PM
@Burn: One simply cannot deny that fact. Hahah.

My thoughts on the AP's that I have taken:

(Scores for AP's range from 1-5, 5 being extremely well-qualified, and 1 being not qualified)

AP Chemistry: Not as bad as I thought it would have been. Hoping for a 5 but pretty sure I got at least a 4.

AP English Literature and Composition: The multiple choice got me going crazy. Some passages and poems might as well be written in Old English. The composition must have saved my score as I flushed out all of my thoughts. Hopefully a 5 but pretty sure I got a 4.

AP Calculus BC (equivalent to Calculus II in most colleges...prolly not Princeton tho....): I thought it was gonna be crazy with the series and parametric equations, but it wasn't too hard. You need 60% of the points to get a 5 (A testament to truly how hard these exams are) and I am pretty sure I got a 5.

AP Spanish: I suck at Spanish and I am not Hispanic, so the audio sections screwed me over. I could barely understand the Spanish the tape recorder said: one had a Colombian accent and each audio section had a different Spanish accent. I am hoping for a 4 on this one

AP Physics C: Mechanics: I will let you guys know on Monday because I haven't taken it yet!

This week was crazy. I barely got enough sleep and I still had to prompose for my prom which is coming up. I am glad everything went well this year. #Blessed!

Really glad to hear that your AP testing has been successful :)