PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts after an hour of play

mrTOUCHER
07-06-2011, 04:20 AM
First off, very nice. Looks great, functions well.

But I do have a lil issue... what's up with the massive cost of stim packs? After an hour of play, I only have enough credits to buy ONE stim... after using many. (Not poorly either)

Are the mobs supposed to drop some? I don't think I have gotten any in drops.

So far, the beta seems tailored torwards buying platinum and using it to get your stims.

Discuss.

mrTOUCHER
07-06-2011, 04:57 AM
I would like to add, that this may be intended. Its pretty much imposible to solo. You have to have a team.

And it seems bosses will give you one stim.

Riccits
07-06-2011, 05:15 AM
I would like to add, that this may be intended. Its pretty much imposible to solo. You have to have a team.

And it seems bosses will give you one stim.

whats a stim and what u do with?

btw. i like it that u need a team :) that is what devs always wants to make us play together

ZeraJade
07-06-2011, 06:06 AM
You need to find the nearest town and ask to borrow some credits to buy more stims. Just kidding! It probably is meant to be a joint effort for a while, but I have no clue.
*eagerly awaiting replies*

Raulur
07-06-2011, 06:07 AM
Stims are like health and mana potions. Yes they are very expensive, but I remember thinking the same thing in PL at first too.

Liquidation confirmation boxes seem to be the opposite of PL. This will confuse players that have played PL. Might want to switch the sides for confirm/cancel.

I would also suggest lowering the sensitivity on the virtual joystick just a tad. Turns a little too quickly.

The good: I really liked the "secret areas" that require one of the classes to access. As an operative (similar to bird) I could hack certain terminals to access areas with chests and hack a transporter. (PlanetSide reference: We need a hacker! lol) I saw other doors and terminals that a commando could blow up or engineer repair. There was also a set of terminals that required teamplay to activate in order before the timer reset. A++ on this teamplay concept.

The game itself is not hard at all to get the hang of, after playing Pocket Legends. Think quick paced PL, which is good.

Acyer
07-06-2011, 06:29 AM
My first hour was better than I thought it was gonna be. Commandos are a nice class can take a beating and dish out damage. The controls and camera was kinda weird at first but got used it pretty fast. Gameplay is fast and had no lag at all. Love the animation of skills so far in beta I give it 4 stars.

Riccits
07-06-2011, 06:29 AM
so whats similar to PL and whats diverse?

CrimsonTider
07-06-2011, 06:34 AM
I agree with Raulur. The pad is a bit touchy and will take a little getting use to. "Stims", SL version of pots, are expensive but probably will be as a lvl 3 (just like PL).

I have soloed the two levels I have played. I like the vastness of the main area and how all the content (cs, crafting, guilds, etc.) is there (vs. multiple towns like PL). More feedback later!

CrimsonTider
07-06-2011, 06:35 AM
so whats similar to PL and whats diverse?

Hey buddy. Still too early to tell. Give me a few hours and I will give more info.

Raulur
07-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Everbody can use ranged weapons. Some are class specific, some are not. Armor seems to be class specific as far as I've seen so far. Operatives can use dual wield pistols. :p

It seems like a totally different game, at least so far

Riccits
07-06-2011, 06:40 AM
ok! could u post some pics? are there some bosses? what about drops?

CrimsonTider
07-06-2011, 06:42 AM
First boss was pretty easy. I just stood there and shot him down! lol

Drop system seems to carry same color scheme (white, green, orange, etc). No pinks, YET!!

Exemplify
07-06-2011, 08:05 AM
In the options menu you can untick the chase camera and ull be back to how it was in pl(:

Acyer
07-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Ok got a orange nano arm for operative after soloing alphabot god he has a ton of life. Also why are the attacks so low I have a green lvl 5 rifle and its does no damage at all to bosses 1-2 tops.

mrTOUCHER
07-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Yes..... all the bosses have massive amounts of health. There's even some bosses that have stages... much like wow.

My favorite so far..... The anti toxin box. My whole team (except me) kept plowing past that box.

They all died

Side note..... so wtf... I made this topic last nite, wake up, and there's a couple others just like it?

Lol?

Flowman
07-06-2011, 09:30 AM
well I played for 30 minutes, got to lvl 4, and ran out of stims and can only afford 5 more...liquidating items for 1 credit and charging the usual 35 per stim is making this really hard.

AOmonsta
07-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Is there anyway to change the touch sensitivity? Its a little fast.

But I've played for about 30 minutes and enjoyed it so far. The similar button layout as PL makes it easy to navigate.

Oh and they gave me the in game name of Frikin haha.

Piosidon
07-06-2011, 02:03 PM
What type of currency are credits. In PL it's plat and gold

CrimsonTider
07-06-2011, 03:18 PM
What type of currency are credits. In PL it's plat and gold

Same.

Shaddw
07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I am loving the game so far. I chose the commando class and got the premium upgrade for 50 plat. The graphics and gameplay are amazing. I personally couldn't get used to the new "chase camera", so i turned it off.

mrTOUCHER
07-06-2011, 07:52 PM
The chase camera is retarded. Never have liked them. Maybe if it was FIXED BEHIND YOU at ALL times it would work, bit it just mumbles about right now.

No thanks. (Please implement a real fixed chase camera)

Also, the team play required makes the game sooo much better.

Mobs pop out of drains, eggs, and boxes. Doors open and you get ambushed. Turrets come online. Barrels explode. Bosses have phases.

This..... is a real mmo. I'm so happy.

Now to make my guild.... the Gentleman's Club.

Muahaha.

Phoenixking
07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Whats a chase camera huh huh what it do what it do

modredd
07-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Currently my characters level 17 I've been playing all day. I've had 1 green drop other than that I haven't seen anything higher.
I have come up on a couple glitches but other than that I think it is really the game to beat.
You can just see the time spent in every minute detail, the game was not on my android v- cast.
I had to follow a link provided on facebook to go to v cast because my verizon phone didn't come with verizon v-cast. it took me about 10 minutes to figure it out and it was confusing but I've been one of the lucky ones.
And if you download the verizon v cast you can not be on wifi, the network will not recognize your phone.

supermanlegendary
07-06-2011, 09:29 PM
If you like real mmos you will like this much better than PL. Game requires real teamwork and you actually get to play your class role. A tank can really tank and enemies follow etc. Third boss can take five to six minutes with a lvl 5 party or under. Since teamwork is required you should look for a good guild ASAP. Soloing is not recommended past first few missions unless you want to waste a ton if potions. This is not PL where no one needs to talk or quest don't really matter you will find everyone needs to work together to get the most out the game. The world is also way cooler and more grown up with real human character. Armor and Weapons look amazing. Overall huge improvement over PL especially if you like mmo to actually require skill.

supermanlegendary
07-06-2011, 09:33 PM
If you like real mmos you will like this much better than PL. Game requires real teamwork and you actually get to play your class role. A tank can really tank and enemies follow etc. Third boss can take five to six minutes with a lvl 5 party or under. Since teamwork is required you should look for a good guild ASAP. Soloing is not recommended past first few missions unless you want to waste a ton if potions. This is not PL where no one needs to talk or quest don't really matter you will find everyone needs to work together to get the most out the game. The world is also way cooler and more grown up with real human character. Armor and Weapons look amazing. Overall huge improvement over PL especially if you like your mmo to actually require skill. Order &Chaos is way more deep than PL this game even out the playing field (and more affordable plus better support) and platinum transfer with your login so if you want a deeper mmo you might want to save your platinum until this releases.

AOmonsta
07-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Yea I turned chase cam off and now move a lot more comfortably.

Otukura
07-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Wow.. after reading all this I'm ready to quit PL. I hope it's over exaggerated. I've put too much into PL.

DefynGravity
07-07-2011, 02:17 AM
I love It! This will be my main game from now on! Sorry PL ;)

Please fix: wen u greet ppl like wave or watever no sound whatsoever!! Unless u pay attention to someone u wont know if they wave or basically Ignore you :(

Fyrce
07-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure I'm ready to completely give up PL, but I really like SL.

I started playing on my brother's phone. It's really hard to play on a teeny, tiny phone I'm not used to. It's a Nexus I on T-Mobile. Horrible phone :p
I can't talk well -- the phone's keyboard is horrible. I think I talked a sentence to someone w/o one space. LOL. I'll probably be playing late nights, when brother doesn't use his phone :) And nope, he has no idea on taking screenshots or videos :(

ISSUES:
Yes, turn off chase camera.
Yes, no sound from emotes. It'd be nice to have some, probabaly same ones as in PL.
Some rotations bring walls/objects that block the entire view and don't move or disappear. You have to rotate out of that.
When you tap on an object in stash, it doesn't show anything about the object. You have to remove it from stash to your inventory.
I use the joystick to move and sometimes, for some reason, it rotates me around instead of just a little. I'm used to it now but initially I kept getting turned around.

GENERAL PLAY:
I think you have to get missions to be able to go to certain locations. And only some classes can open some doors. This is really cool.
And yes, you really want to be in a group. You get hurt A LOT less.

There seems to be lots more customization possibilities in the game. Checking out all the hair, etc. is fun. I did a bunch of restarts, etc. My highest character is level 5. I have dropped some greens. Haven't seen any purples or pinks if we're working off the same rarity system.

There are a few more quirks. There're probably lot more reports out there now.