PDA

View Full Version : New cap rewards! Ring, vanties etc

Brianv333
02-29-2016, 04:18 PM
Hey fellow arlorians!
This is pickle here:)
I was thinking what this game truly lacked. Granted, it is hard to compile such ideas when I am dealing with one of the greatest games of Spacetime Studio history. Fortunately, I figured out what arcane legends lacks.
Before we embark on this journey, I must explain some background information and stories. I originally played Pocket Legends. I met the level cap ever since level 56. Of course, Pocket Legends wasn't as popular as AL was when it released, so from level 56 on was Pocket Legend's prime. One of the craziest differences about the transition between AL and PL was the experience requirements between levels. When I first came over to AL, I was astonished. I basically capped in the first two weeks of playing. In a way, I was satisfied with these easy level requirements. But, after a while, I realized that it should be way harder to cap. Of course, there is reasoning behind this.
My first level cap was at 36-shuyal. Not only was 28 thousand XP a very little amount between 35 and 36, but the experience needed to cap is lowering each and every cap! I believe the current cap has an experience requirement of 9.6k xp or something. This is not good! In PL, the level cap between the second to highest and highest level was 100 thousand xp. I know that sounds terrible, but it requires hard work, dedication, and fun. What I see instead are a bunch of people suffering from boredom because, in a way, pve has ended for them(they capped already). Not only did PL make it hard to cap, but you actually had to cap in the campaign maps made for that level (Shuyal at level cap 36 for example). You couldnt cap in small maps such as WT4 or KM3. You couldn't get experience there. This makes it much more challenging and easier to follow the story(quests). Isn't this a quest driven game? If so, then we should be forced to cap in a campaign area. This way, you can truly feel an accomplishment when you cap, and be able to truly utilize the great maps that sts created for us, not some repetitive runs of WT4. And, this leads me to my final and most important point—cap vanities.
Okay, so when I first started PL, I was really entranced by the nature-esk vanities. I loved them, I wanted them. To my findings, I figured out that they were "cap vanities". And when I say cap vanities, I do not mean a banner... I mean helmets, armor, wings, etc. This, honestly, was my favorite part about capping (and my motivation). The banner seems like something that you wear to prove a point, not to wear in a fashionable sense. But in PL, you got these glorious vanities that soon made a vanity set. For example, level 56 had a helmet, level 61 had a shield, and level 66 had armor. This made an entire set, slowly accumulating after each and every cap. I really believe this should be part of the capping system-something worth capping for, a reward.
Lastly, I wanted to touch up on the rings in PL. What PL did was create a ring system that honored players that have capped a certain amount of times. For example, when you capped twice, you could craft a ring that was powerful. When you capped three times, you could craft an even more powerful ring that also had sparkeling effects. These not only gave stats, but showed that you have been with sts for a long time (something besides a banner). I really think sts should look into that.
So my three new ideas/requests for this new cap would be: a higher xp requirement, actual capping vanities, and rings that are rewarded for being around and capping multiple times.
Maybe, you could create a capping point system. For each time you cap/character you cap, you get a certain amount of points. From there, you can choose what you want, whether that be vanities, rings, etc. obviously I think the banner should be rewarded every cap, but, all in all, we need more.

Thanks for reading,
Pickles

Befs
02-29-2016, 04:55 PM
I also started, and capped in 56 during pl. I personally agree and was thinking that we should have elite caps again. However, the PvE was actually fun to play in pl due to the team combos, large groups of mobs in the bandit boy hideout, and of course farming. And if that wasn't enough, the PvP was almost completely balanced and you could succeed using almost all gear. (I was a drainer's set dodge noob :P)

So, I think once the maps are fun to play, and PvP is for everyone, not just the 1%, we aren't ready for a true elite cap. However I do want the XP to not be spread across the levels, and instead have like 50k in the final level. Personally I think that gives a greater sense of achievement for capping, and level 55's can struggle through it together.

Sorry for rambling.

Edit - Also were u asking for elite vanities to make 2pc and 3pc rings like the CoP?

Brianv333
02-29-2016, 05:01 PM
I also started, and capped in 56 during pl. I personally agree and was thinking that we should have elite caps again. However, the PvE was actually fun to play in pl due to the team combos, large groups of mobs in the bandit boy hideout, and of course farming. And if that wasn't enough, the PvP was almost completely balanced and you could succeed using almost all gear. (I was a drainer's set dodge noob :P)

So, I think once the maps are fun to play, and PvP is for everyone, not just the 1%, we aren't ready for a true elite cap. However I do want the XP to not be spread across the levels, and instead have like 50k in the final level. Personally I think that gives a greater sense of achievement for capping, and level 55's can struggle through it together.

Sorry for rambling.

Edit - Also were u asking for elite vanities to make 2pc and 3pc rings like the CoP?

Yeah, I was saying that we really need vanities like CoP, and eventually have them create sets or something fun:). We also need 2pc/3pc rings (or something similar) to really recognize players that have truly put their hearts (and time) into this game.

Befs
02-29-2016, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I was saying that we really need vanities like CoP, and eventually have them create sets or something fun:). We also need 2pc/3pc rings (or something similar) to really recognize players that have truly put their hearts (and time) into this game.

I completely agree except I don't think we should go down the path of them granting stats. I think they should just be exclusive vanities.

Brianv333
02-29-2016, 06:13 PM
I completely agree except I don't think we should go down the path of them granting stats. I think they should just be exclusive vanities.

Yeah, that would be cool. It is that sort of mindset that we have in common though—a greater reward!