PDA

View Full Version : [Investigating] Player Bans

Remiem
03-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Hey folks,

This morning we executed a mass ban of a number of players who were displaying suspicious behavior in game. The criteria inadvertently caught some legitimate players in the mix and they received permanent bans. Our programming team has now reversed a number of bans that appear to be legitimate players.

If you are a player who was banned in error, please log in to check that the ban has been lifted. If it has not, please contact support by visiting support.spacetimestudios.com and clicking "Contact Us" at the top right corner. We will do our best to resolve the issue quickly.

Thank you for you patience and understanding.

Remiem

Platfarmer
03-02-2016, 02:43 PM
ah my ban got lifted, i love sts again, love u rem :) now for my beauty rest at 4 am :P

Ticklish
03-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Hallelujah!

Dragoonclaws
03-02-2016, 02:44 PM

Be careful with the ban hammer!

mistery
03-02-2016, 02:45 PM

Be careful with the ban hammer!

thor pls haev mercy

Savagekantus
03-02-2016, 02:48 PM
how many people did get caught in the ban? if so, are their names going to be removed of lb ? just wondering?

Dragoonclaws
03-02-2016, 02:48 PM
What kind of suspicious behavior? who were the target? and why so many innocent player got banned in between? does that mean players who accidently banned were suspicious?
additionally if the target was lvl1 spam bots why capped players got banned, and if the target was lb and achievement bots why are the known bots still on lb?

Remiem said that many players were meeting the criterias for the mass ban, but it was an error.

Ceonatrah
03-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Well I was one of those players thrown in the mix, Im glad sts corrected their error, k back to farming jewels -,- good day!

Remiem
03-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately there's not much else I can say on the matter for now. But I'll keep you posted with any new developments.

Javier Avllian
03-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Never thought i be so passionate over arcane legends..i was like this with P.L. This is suppose to be my retirement game. Meaning my last mmorpg . yes. Going to no life Arcane legends. I dont mind throwing in cash on the monthy , like i done with P.L. . this is it for me. Thank you for making my life interesting in Arizona. Arcane legend help me enjoybliving in the desert . hint no life.

Dragoonclaws
03-02-2016, 02:59 PM
But that doesnt clarify anything, did you read the questions?

Hey, there were many bots created lvl14-15 and they are invading the Windmoore tavern. They were massively reported over the weekend. StS are trying to ban those bots. Not the LB ones. LB players are another story.

But I guess you want to hear it from a dev/mod -.-

Savagekantus
03-02-2016, 03:00 PM
its cool, thxs

extrapayah
03-02-2016, 03:05 PM
anyway, remapping map very quickly have been a technique to farm since we had jarl... banning for just this pattern is way too simplifying things...

Martin Dion
03-02-2016, 03:11 PM
I've been put in this mix of player too but sts don't unbanned me :/ I fast farm surely but I'm not a bot all guildmate can tell you < Blood Redemption >

Fyrce
03-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Well, from what I'm hearing, it sounds like massive number of hours played was part of the criteria. We now know who hasn't been getting sleep!

greekAL
03-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Well, from what I'm hearing, it sounds like massive number of hours played was part of the criteria. We now know who hasn't been getting sleep!

hahaha i nvr sleep XD my normal sleep is 2-3 hours per day XD

Javier Avllian
03-02-2016, 03:17 PM
I must be in the way bottom of the list..still banned..

Martin Dion
03-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Can I have my account back too... ign : didzette ...
I abuse of the game yeah true... But I'm not a bot... :(

Husky Steele
03-02-2016, 03:28 PM
I thought this is end for my account. I'm very glad for my unban)

Dragoonclaws
03-02-2016, 03:29 PM
Can I have my account back too... ign : didzette ...
I abuse of the game yeah true... But I'm not a bot... :(

Hey folks,

This morning we executed a mass ban of a number of players who were displaying suspicious behavior in game. The criteria inadvertently caught some legitimate players in the mix and they received permanent bans. Our programming team has now reversed a number of bans that appear to be legitimate players.

If you are a player who was banned in error, please log in to check that the ban has been lifted. If it has not, please contact support by visiting support.spacetimestudios.com and clicking "Contact Us" at the top right corner. We will do our best to resolve the issue quickly.

Thank you for you patience and understanding.

Remiem

Visit that page, or send an email to support@spacetimestudios.com

Give them your IGN and tell them what you were doing at the moment of the ban, and who was with you in the map (if you remember the name of the players in your party)

thekragle
03-02-2016, 04:02 PM
My account has been restored. Thank you for the swift response and correction. You have made this arlorian one happy player. Seriously, I was freaking out, especially since I had just bought some plat :)

Zylx
03-02-2016, 04:25 PM
Im glad bans were given for the issue of botting..

Except, are the bans intended to ban just the Tavern guys, or the entirety of the botters in the game? Im hearing two different stories, and am slightly confused.

If this was intended to ban just the Windmoore botters, then a simple name wipe would've sufficed, no? I dont think something as harmless as botters attacking an npc wouldve been grounds to ban half the player population.

If it was intended to eliminate LB botters and other dishonest botters, then I'm more glad that this mass ban occurred.

A little clarification would be awesome, although im sure we'd be able to tell within the next few days if the leaderboard doesnt change much.

Schnitzel
03-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Im glad bans were given for the issue of botting..

Except, are the bans intended to ban just the Tavern guys, or the entirety of the botters in the game? Im hearing two different stories, and am slightly confused.

If this was intended to ban just the Windmoore botters, then a simple name wipe would've sufficed, no? I dont think something as harmless as botters attacking an npc wouldve been grounds to ban half the player population.

If it was intended to eliminate LB botters and other dishonest botters, then I'm more glad that this mass ban occurred.

A little clarification would be awesome, although im sure we'd be able to tell within the next few days if the leaderboard doesnt change much.

I agree, if it were the warrior-guapo bots attacking NPCs, I wouldn't see the need for a massive ban to all players within a certain criteria (seriously, they were starting to get hilarious to watch)

If it were to ban the LB-botters, and players who are actually botting their way to some reward, I would see the mass ban as a blessing disguised as a curse.

Cray
03-02-2016, 06:28 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160302/f2341b53ed1763ce2335aeac2aa1e1c7.jpg
Those guapo bots are still there.
I guess the botter fixed his patern because most of his chars do change map now, in less than a second heh.
Managed to catch this one, guess he isnt fixed yet.
Btw, I also saw mages with guapo attacking Johan now.

Repeat
03-02-2016, 06:51 PM
One of our guild mates received a ban too :( we sent many mails to support team but no answer or change. Thank you very much for the information by this thread feels good to know that the problem reached you and that we can hope for a solution :)

lissil
03-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Thanks for fixing it right away! It caused some serious depression for a few hours.

Sent from my Lenovo S90-A using Tapatalk

Bameely
03-02-2016, 09:01 PM

Well I hope not this! I can easily be classified under "massive number of hours played" cos I always dozed off playing AL and could be standing at the same spot for like "massive hours" ! -.-

Martin Dion
03-02-2016, 11:54 PM
-.- i will never retrieve my account !!

erneta
03-03-2016, 12:58 AM
Can still my account back , I was never break the rules that have been set . I never scammer or smelling offense .

ign : erneta :(

erneta
03-03-2016, 01:03 AM
indeed I never bought platinum device without passing me , because I do not understand to buy her , I asked for help to my friends via sms because he was quite a long way with me , he was on vacation in another city .

thank you

Lengg
03-03-2016, 01:04 AM
It was happend since 1 month ago, u replay my message like a bot..
Today it coming back again. I am logging with Facebook, and no sharing acc / do it tos. Lengged

erneta
03-03-2016, 01:05 AM
if there is a mistake I apologize , but I have never done bots

BlackPigeon
03-03-2016, 02:14 AM
Big mistake..most of us was banned by mistake. I dont even know how to use bots. Been like this with me since this morning .

mapenjay
03-03-2016, 02:31 AM
Please save my account. Miss my toons :( Finally maxed my rouge and got my lep and arcane ring. Purchase slots. I email support a few times, no feed back. Not cool, spemd time and money. Been waiting since these morning.
the agony of waiting, i feel you mate

BlackPigeon
03-03-2016, 02:41 AM
I know..i know..just a little upset . Broke nights running random km3 parties. Farming crates, i am big on *PVE* BlackPigeon level 46 (rouge) whitepigeon (sorcerer) level 13 i think.. Warrior(full tank level 16 i think. I am really loving the tank build. Yeah..i am hurt.

Veenihiv
03-03-2016, 06:33 AM
Really sad that u all got ur account Banned :upset:
I really hope the legit players get their account back soon ...Gl

xotx
03-03-2016, 06:35 AM
my Ign: Xotx
i want play my mage so bad.
have send pm 12hr ago but still no feed back T.T

abassion
03-03-2016, 08:01 AM
I want my tank back, Im posted mail to sts 16 hour ago, I dont do anyone but Im banned forever lmfao. Ign: Klyptos

HTC One cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Hartholzwurm
03-03-2016, 10:46 AM
I hope u are gonna ban leaderboarder botters also. I worked/played a long time and invested a uncoutable number of hours to be on it and hate thus guys working unfair to break fair players motivation.

Remiem
03-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Hey guys, just as a friendly reminder we do have our CS staff on standby to help out with anyone who is still banned and should not be, but you have to reach out via the support website! Head over to support.spacetimestudios.com and click on "Contact Us" to submit a ticket. Please provide them with as much info as possible. It helps us move quickly on getting your account back.

Justg
03-03-2016, 03:06 PM
Reminder folks, please don't talk about bans on the forums. Support(at)spacetimestudios.com is the best course of action.

mapenjay
03-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Reminder folks, please don't talk about bans on the forums. Support(at)spacetimestudios.com is the best course of action.

why support is not answering?

Justg
03-03-2016, 05:08 PM
why support is not answering?

It takes awhile depending on load. Thanks for your patience.

kydrian
03-03-2016, 05:19 PM
I understand its a reminder to not talk about bans on forums but you need to think about it. These are innocent players who are banned without a reason, its not there fault and STS still hasn't given a "full" explanation on why this happened and that they have to go to support to get unbanned even wait a few days for someone else's doing.

Justg
03-03-2016, 05:36 PM
I understand its a reminder to not talk about bans on forums but you need to think about it. These are innocent players who are banned without a reason, its not there fault and STS still hasn't given a "full" explanation on why this happened and that they have to go to support to get unbanned even wait a few days for someone else's doing.

From the OP:
This morning we executed a mass ban of a number of players who were displaying suspicious behavior in game. The criteria inadvertently caught some legitimate players in the mix and they received permanent bans.

Support is working through the tickets. Very sorry for any inconveniences.

kydrian
03-03-2016, 05:42 PM
From the OP:

Support is working through the tickets. Very sorry for any inconveniences.
That really isn't a full explanation Justg, I'm talking about why were they caught in it? And why were do they have to go to support? What were these suspicious players "doing" it makes no sense on how a normal player gets caught up in it and has to submit a ticket.

Justg
03-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Apologies, but we can't give any more details. If you have not done anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

Gonna close this one up now.