PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon to Arcane Legends: Crate & Chest Updates!

Remiem
03-02-2016, 06:16 PM
**IMPORTANT** The following information describes a feature still in development and is subject to change.

Locked crates. Whether you farm them to merch, or you pop them to find your new Arcane or Mythic item, locked crates are part of the soul of Arcane Legends. Coming up in Client 1.5, we've made some important changes to crates that will make it easier to tell what you get for popping them open, and for the first time ever—make crates available for everyone to open!

Crate/Chest UI

Currently, all items have the 'i' info button that you can click to see more info. But in the new client, that little 'i' will give you so much more. Click it to reveal:

This interface will detail every single item that has a chance to drop from any chest or locked crate.

If you've been sitting on an event crate for a while and forgot what's inside, voila! Wondering if the small locked crate has a chance to drop the egg you want? Done!

But that's not all....

Crate Keys

For the entire history of Arcane Legends, locked crates have been unlocked exclusively using Platinum. But, in Client 1.5--the game changes.

Crate keys--much like Ankhs and Respec scrolls--are a new currency that can be purchased as tradeable kits via the game Store and can be used to unlock any locked crate. There is more info to come on them as the release draws closer, but here are the basics:

+ The number of Crate Keys to open a crate will be equal to the number of platinum it would normally cost. Example: Large Locked Ren'gol Crate: 15 platinum or 15 crate keys.
+ Like Ankhs, Crate Keys will automatically be spent before platinum if you have enough to unlock the crate you are trying to open

There are more specifics to come on the Crate Key currency, so stay tuned for more announcements!

eugene9707
03-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Hmm, looks great.

Maybe instead of the description, also add in "click i to see details for possible loot"
Since for new players, they might not know that the "i" is clickable

*hoping that klass will give crate keys like ankh * finger crossed

Befs
03-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Second Sir.

kjed
03-02-2016, 06:58 PM
first?

nice update sts looking forward to this

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

eugene9707
03-02-2016, 06:58 PM
first?

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

nope, better luck next time :P

Saud
03-02-2016, 07:20 PM
cool
nice idea
but i would love to see klaas or shazbot give keys
or planar arena drop 1 key in chest

-
can we maybe know when client will be released? not specific but maybe after 2-3 weeks??

bjc535
03-02-2016, 07:47 PM
I like the idea..sounds good!

Alhuntrazeck
03-02-2016, 08:00 PM
For the entire history of Arcane Legends, locked crates have been unlocked exclusively using Platinum, my foot. Crates were only added in like s3.

Overall good idea, it'll balance things out a lot between FTP and PTP players. A big step in that direction, good job guys!

Deathdor
03-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Currently, all items have the 'i' info button that you can click to see more info. But in the new client, that little 'i' will give you so much more.

That 'eye' will give us x-ray visionz!

Clarity. I mean clarity.
Everything's much clearer now.

-
Crately appreciated.
i'm sure most, if not all players will be extremely crateful for this update.
:)

Golem
03-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Let us know what is that summary tab inside?

Shackler
03-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Well i liked the idea but whats the point of this? Spending more and more in game gold which is really hard to farm? Make those crate keys are loots from elite bosses so killing the bosses of elite rengol maps will have a point lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grudgegirl
03-02-2016, 11:22 PM
is it another way to exterminate Grand Locked Watch from the Arlor world? :P

Carapace
03-02-2016, 11:47 PM
i love it , nothing more to say

just got one thing to say what will be the limit of key you can have is it gonna be like ankhs 1000/1000 ?

It is subject to change of course but I believe at this time it's a cap of 1000

Bidiel
03-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Omg the best update ever *.*

bonjovi3223
03-03-2016, 12:37 AM
For the entire history of Arcane Legends, locked crates have been unlocked exclusively using Platinum, my foot. Crates were only added in like s3.

It is really petty & childish to critically analyse a comment to that level.
It is obvious that remiem was referring to 'ever since crates were released'.

xnorwayx
03-03-2016, 01:20 AM
Maridos egg in 2 weeks after these are released --> 200k

Earlingstad
03-03-2016, 01:32 AM
Nice move sts regarding the new crate key BUT.....make fossils and shards have more uses please?

Almost everybody can easily (with much lesser effort/time/money) have a Maridos or Nekro and arcane ring. That is a good thing but we must also keep in mind that when the majority has these items what is there to look forward to? Goals are achieved and it brings about boredom.

The demand curve stoops and prices fall. The crate openers feel demoralized - why will they purchase crates and open if what is inside does not give them profit or gives very minimal profit?

If a new good item (we need new rings or amulets!!!) or pet is released that requires shards and fossils to craft them, then perhaps the loot inside crates will be coveted. My suggestion for a new item is - When a new craftable item or pet is released, make the ingredents be fossil and shard and the recipe (consumed upon use) which has a rare chance to drop on the hardest elite maps.

Hassan Akbar
03-03-2016, 01:52 AM
i think there should be some other way we can purchase keys except plat i mean maybe 100 story tokens for 1 keys or idk something like that
maybe a chest that drops them

Froxanthar
03-03-2016, 01:53 AM
As I expected! Yaaaay!

Arowielki
03-03-2016, 02:01 AM
cool
nice idea
but i would love to see klaas or shazbot give keys
or planar arena drop 1 key in chest

Totally agree

Mustafid Ahmad
03-03-2016, 02:25 AM
Can u exchange "CRATE TOKEN" to ---> "CRATE KEYS" ?? thx

sent from my phone ign : Ladystrikerr

ucupduyeh
03-03-2016, 04:41 AM
Wow..good job dev. Also like to hear if "crate keys" only can be farm on specific days. Like tuesday and wednesday or maybe another days.

bonjovi3223
03-03-2016, 05:06 AM
These keys will only be plat purchasable and then tradeable for gold. There is no way STS will want to lose plat income if lock become openable by the f2p.
The need for gold is going higher & higher by the day & the related sources of making gold are dwindling by the day in terms of farming options & related value of farmed items.
The fun has been lost.

Repeat
03-03-2016, 06:05 AM
Crates for everyone great decision :) hope it won't drop the prices of what's inside too much but we will see :)

mistery
03-03-2016, 07:20 AM
bye economy

Dex_addict
03-03-2016, 07:42 AM
**IMPORTANT** The following information describes a feature still in development and is subject to change.

Locked crates. Whether you farm them to merch, or you pop them to find your new Arcane or Mythic item, locked crates are part of the soul of Arcane Legends. Coming up in Client 1.5, we've made some important changes to crates that will make it easier to tell what you get for popping them open, and for the first time ever—make crates available for everyone to open!

Crate/Chest UI

Currently, all items have the 'i' info button that you can click to see more info. But in the new client, that little 'i' will give you so much more. Click it to reveal:

This interface will detail every single item that has a chance to drop from any chest or locked crate.

If you've been sitting on an event crate for a while and forgot what's inside, voila! Wondering if the small locked crate has a chance to drop the egg you want? Done!

But that's not all....

Crate Keys

For the entire history of Arcane Legends, locked crates have been unlocked exclusively using Platinum. But, in Client 1.5--the game changes.

Crate keys--much like Ankhs and Respec scrolls--are a new currency that can be purchased as tradeable kits via the game Store and can be used to unlock any locked crate. There is more info to come on them as the release draws closer, but here are the basics:

+ The number of Crate Keys to open a crate will be equal to the number of platinum it would normally cost. Example: Large Locked Ren'gol Crate: 15 platinum or 15 crate keys.
+ Like Ankhs, Crate Keys will automatically be spent before platinum if you have enough to unlock the crate you are trying to open

There are more specifics to come on the Crate Key currency, so stay tuned for more announcements!

Absolutely love the fact that exactly what is possible to loot in each chest will now be shown! Great :)

Jazzi
03-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Double xp: always goood
Crate keys: goood
fixing traps after 5 months of reports: goood
fixing sss and fireball after years of reports: goood

Thank you!

bading
03-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Excited for that :)

supersyan
03-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Curious to know what will happen to economy. This is like New Arcane legends with new client and Biggest Update Ever. GG

Zaizor
03-03-2016, 10:21 AM

Are they solely purchased or will they drop from bosses, or be handed out by Klaas and Shazbot? As I read it, it sounds like crate keys are purchased with platinum, can be sold/traded for gold, and then used, still requiring platinum to get them in the first place.

Rindpimpf
03-03-2016, 11:35 AM
I don't get it ? So we need plat for buying Keys ?

crudmudgeon
03-03-2016, 12:39 PM
5 keys from Klass!!! Also Jewel elixers for Klass would be really slick

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Zaizor
03-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Yeah Klaas and Shazbot need some new merch. Getting a single story token or Hauntlet coin is kind of laughable these days...

Carapace
03-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, we're excited about these features!

Hector Chapy
03-03-2016, 01:37 PM
please klaas and shazbot sns please

xxChargexx
03-03-2016, 04:54 PM
If the keys are like ankhs then to get a 25 pack it would cost still 25 plat =\

anague
03-04-2016, 09:46 AM
time to hoard alot of locks

TheJKBrother
03-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Awesome :D
lol large rengol cost 10 plat and not 15 ;)

TheJKBrother
03-04-2016, 11:30 AM
going to be awesome :)

Mortalninja
03-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Really nice!!

Yumisa
03-05-2016, 10:05 AM
I think, this is a good way to reduce the HUGE gape between plat buyers and non plat buyers, there is hope!

Kinpendragon
03-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Love this "key" idea. Not everyone has easy access to Platinum so this is a great idea. A few suggestions though:

1. Make Dragonite bar available. For anyone who has made an arcane ring this would be appreciated.

2. Nomerite bars and unique crafting items such as Legionares insignias or orc sprits

Think about this sts. This could be a very good thing or extremely bad for the crate market.

<KingPete>
03-05-2016, 11:27 AM
All I can say is thank you StS. :)

Redjellydonut
03-05-2016, 01:23 PM
I love you sts @.@

Rockingtigertiger Tiger
03-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Hoping crate keys will be obtained through farming[emoji18]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Rindpimpf
03-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Awesome :D
lol large rengol cost 10 plat and not 15 ;)

Large always cost 10 plat ;)
Massive cost 15 plat ^^

Aaronbast
03-05-2016, 07:25 PM
double xp event broken please fix this fast extend it by a day or something aswell cuz its been broken for a full day almost.

Roblox
03-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Finally its not all about Platinum anymore.:smiley_simmons:

bonjovi3223
03-06-2016, 12:11 AM
Finally its not all about Platinum anymore.:smiley_simmons:
Crate keys have to be bought by plat users who will in turn sell it to non plat users.
Plat can never go out of the picture. In fact there has been more creation of plat oriented items like jewel elixir, now crate keys etc ever since market stabilisation was initiated. This is ok from a business perspective but then there also has to be balance created for the rest of the players which Is not there currently. Ppl are bored & lounging around doing nothing.

SacredKnight
03-06-2016, 01:45 AM
It is really petty & childish to critically analyse a comment to that level.
It is obvious that remiem was referring to 'ever since crates were released'.

Can't tell if joke or serious, lol.

Nice update ^_^ Some more balance to the game's loot system finally, although keys should in future be farmable like teeth or other stuff.

thekragle
03-07-2016, 01:05 PM
This is a great move Sts! In the end it still costs plat in a round about way but you can open with gold if your strapped and cant get your hands on some plat. I'm sure you know this but please be sure to keep the keys only obtainable for plat. Making keys farmable will devalue items even more and destroy the arcane legends economy and the Sts economy ;)

Marian Jrr
03-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Nice.i got today from 2 locks opened 150 plat i feel awesome.
IGN: Dirtylord

dani23
03-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Sts please make the keys dropping in arena chests or aveable for farming :)

kronosdivine
03-07-2016, 04:21 PM
T=Thank you for making this possible to non-platinum users. :smiley_simmons:

indrakurniawan
03-07-2016, 09:45 PM
wooot nice info

Legatus
03-08-2016, 12:45 AM
That's right way.

Mustafid Ahmad
03-08-2016, 03:22 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03/08/dc64546368c821c8dd55f8864780dda6.jpg

Mustafid Ahmad
03-08-2016, 03:24 AM
Plz exchange (Crate token ~> crate keys)

Mustafid Ahmad
03-08-2016, 03:26 AM
Plz exchange (crate token ~> crate keys) 😂

saphirae
03-08-2016, 10:09 AM
These keys will only be plat purchasable and then tradeable for gold. There is no way STS will want to lose plat income if lock become openable by the f2p.
The need for gold is going higher & higher by the day & the related sources of making gold are dwindling by the day in terms of farming options & related value of farmed items.
The fun has been lost.

Totally agree. Fun is lost and farming doesn`t exist anymore in right terms of saying. I am lvl 46 great geared rogue and most of my time i spend in km3 map. Cause all other maps and loots are really cheap regarding to loots. Elite rengol is ok but fangs and jewels really awfull drop rate for me. And 2nd thing i bought platinum before but mostly i used it for ankhs, luck kits and bought pets that i wanted,i dont buy it anymore for more then 1 year,only rely on gold that i hardly farm. So these keys that are used only for opening crates i really don`t like, cause not all wanna open crates, like me. I would better use those keys for other platinum purchased things like i mention before, ankhs, elixirs, pets, vanities and sooooo on but god know what the price will be so i think i am back to my farm gold hehehe... I know we need both platinum players and non platinum players, cause i need them to buy my crates and items, so i can get gold to buy their loots. I understand that connection,but i have feeling that connection is ruined for all of us, plat or nonplat players.

Rezza Ferdian
03-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Awesome Idea Sts Keep Looking Forward

Xinandy
03-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Dear sts..
Its a nice idea to have crate keys in the upcoming event. But something that hurt my feeling so bad is that i opened 850++ massive rengol and no SnS.. It makes me so sad.. You can check my account purchase history.. :(

MrGamer
03-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Sounds really good idea about new keys and I- Info about Arcaners..
Nice !!

vasanth
03-10-2016, 10:05 AM
The Update Is Cool But even u need platinum to buy those crate keys....if its not like that please reply.. I wanna open lots of locks but create keys are even platinum guy no use...even if its trade able people will make it 80k per box...its similar to ankhs and respec scrolls this update is no use I guess so. .please reply

vvhaatt
03-10-2016, 10:11 AM
nice nice nice

Rosybuds
03-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Absolutely Brilliant Love it Love it Love ........ Now I can go back too opening Crates as at least I will know what I'm likely too get,The fact you can see a choice of what u might get is Brilliant Congrats too ever came up with this One Kudos Too You, You Little Genius :banana::star::banana:

Elenyore
03-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Okay. . .this is a great system, assuming that the keys will be obtainable for those who can't be bothered to pay a few first-born children for plat to obtain 6k gold from a ren worth 7k. How will we get them keys? If they are non-tradeable, purchased via plat, then they're useless (though I find it hard to believe that STS would do this). If it's tradeable, purchased via plat, then it's a good way for those with first-born children to spare to troll those who don't invest in AL. If they are purchased via other tokens, like many before me have asked, then they're fairly feasible (although exchange rates may or may not be horrific as usual). Story Tokens is a good idea, as it reinforces the "grinding for rewards" theme STS has introduced throughout AL. And for those talking about Crate Tokens. . .wouldn't that be opening crates so one can open more crates??

Additionally, it would be a good idea to give all members a few keys automatically, to spark interest in this system.

As for the "sneak peek" under the i button -- I personally find that whenever I need to know something, I yell it in chat in a hub and I get my answers real quick. Of course, those who aren't willing to chat (as many low lvl players are) will have trouble with that. Overall, this feature is meh for me.

kydrian
03-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Dear sts..
Its a nice idea to have crate keys in the upcoming event. But something that hurt my feeling so bad is that i opened 850++ massive rengol and no SnS.. It makes me so sad.. You can check my account purchase history.. :(
Your loss, its a gamble. Tired of seeing people post this when they should use there brain.

harakira
03-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Oh may the price of key lockeds will not get over

Sent from my H870 using Tapatalk

skroll
03-12-2016, 03:19 PM
very great if key drop from elite boss too

Veenihiv
03-12-2016, 10:15 PM
I might as well just wait for everyone to open rengol for crate keys and buy the arc loot for like 200-300 k ;P

Alif Azlan
03-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Cool Meh xD i hope ill got free keys from system :D

Melvacian
03-18-2016, 06:56 AM
Ren'gol crate gotten worse opened 10 n got 5k n 1 token in all -.-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imprototype
03-18-2016, 07:15 AM
I m disapoint , new skin, when u got ren gol is ugly ! Worst thing what u make ever is changing skin of ren gol chest ! Uglyest skin ever ! That man who get idea to change skin of ren gol , need leave spacetime studio team . Sry for me r.i.p English , i m bad with him :D

Uleural :D
03-18-2016, 05:35 PM
Awesome

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk

Pvppolska&Kaogriv
03-20-2016, 02:06 PM
Now I can see what I can drop :) good job

Rosybuds
03-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Absolutely Brilliant Love it Love it Love ........ Now I can go back too opening Crates as at least I will know what I'm likely too get,The fact you can see a choice of what u might get is Brilliant Congrats too ever came up with this One Kudos Too You, You Little Genius :banana::star::banana:
I was so happy about this First off the crates look Great I know a few have not liked them But I do I like the little turn number locks on them like a briefcase and like the skins,But & My Fault I thought when u said you see what you could get in it you would See an Arcane item a Mythic & legend So you know right im taking a chance i like the arcane and mythic if I Get the legend well that gettn sold for 150gold if im lucky so you had a choice too keep it try your luck on the three items see what one you get or sell it But it just tells you what we All Ready Know you got the choice of 3,4 arcane 4,5 mythic 20 Legends So whats the Difference we all ready knew that !!!maybe not what exact arcane but certainly the mythic & every L46 legend their is. So dissapointed I dropped 3Ren but they where in the new skins so I made a large that was in the new skin thought just maybe before I hit round about 2000 Ren I'll get an arcane item Pet but Nope Nada Mage gun Tank sword and legend ring Ive not found an Arcane item in over a Year And Their was me like a fool going too start too spend well I'll convert it too dollars $200.07 a week again. Nope This year alone Ive helped #CharityWater in Africa helped build wells With Joseph Morgan #CharityWater & another Joseph Morgan Charity #PositveWomen helped them too with the cash I would have been spending on A/L weekly I decided too donate it since its extra I had for gaming But what is the point One whole year & Not One Arcane Item & the mythic if I Remember was a fang pendent at 14K, Sickning I really thought I was getting back into the game and start too try make some gold but looks like its not happening after all And all I read is I got 2 arcane items i got 6 mythics i got all arcane weapon i got sns and The new pet What The Hell am I doing wrong Luck I dont think so One Year And Not anything Arcane Cmon I think you should be giving me one for free too make up for all these legend stuff that ends up costing more too try sell it than you make on it Are you wanting my Money or not ??? :dejection::heart-borken::grumpy:

Jiinzou
03-25-2016, 06:12 PM
I can finally open lock without plat.. Wooooot

idropfatkids
04-21-2016, 11:37 PM
yea that looks sick