PDA

View Full Version : Noob Questions

vernSL
07-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Can Engineers use Rifles, and what are the most important stats for an Engineer?

Derajdefyre
07-06-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure what the official weapon classifications are, but engineers start with a rifle looking weapon. In general, int is the primary stat for an engineer.

mrTOUCHER
07-06-2011, 03:39 PM
There strongest are the class specific hand cannons IIRC.

They do NOT start with a rifle.

There are some universal rifles and pistols, but so far I haven't found a better orange hand cannon than the one I have.

davidis57
07-10-2011, 01:38 AM
You can use a rifle I have one.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-10+

Arterra
07-10-2011, 07:50 AM
You can use a rifle I have one.

How on earth will you trade a sl rifle in pl lol...

Daucus
07-10-2011, 01:12 PM

His list of pl characters is his tapatalk signature

davidis57
07-10-2011, 10:34 PM

My engineer in SL has a rifle is what I was trying to say.

Arterra
07-10-2011, 10:59 PM
ah kk :)

Fyrce
07-11-2011, 01:55 PM
A lot of weapons are not class specific. They can be wielded by anyone. Engineers start w/ glove-looking things. I forget their names. I haven't gotten to max level yet so I don't really know about higher level weapons but I don't see that many with class restrictions and I remember a few people with big guns who are not Commandos. It's easier to tell classes by their skill animations than by their weaponry.

I've tried to stick to sort of class specific weapons -- like electricity/glove flashgun things for my Engineer, medium/double guns for my Operative, and larger weapons for my Commando.

bronislav84
07-12-2011, 07:03 AM
So far I say gloves for class compatible stats, rifle for weapon damage. I've had 2 same rarity and rank items drop: One a rifle and one a pair of gloves. Rifle has better weapon damage, glove has some Int and better DPS. Rifle weapon damage translates to improving skill damage like in PL, and having a high DPS only helps when you're shooting with your normal attack. I also ended up with better heals with a weapon than without (Which might suggest heals in SL do get boosted by weapon damage, unlike PL).

Not claiming to be an expert. Your mileage may vary. These are my experiences.