Pharcyde
07-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Will be adding info shortly.

Conradin
07-06-2011, 04:16 PM
ahhh i wanted to make this.

Kingofhurtz
07-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Hehe I have the perfect name reserved for my engineer :D. Otherwise, id start off with an operative.

SknyAndy
07-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Hurry up pharcyde. I have engineer questions for you.

mrTOUCHER
07-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Just remember the engineer uses H.O.Ts to heal, not an instant cast.

I am putting all my points in the heal, and the shield.

I'm not grabbing any of the CC abilitys yet.

The shield is something worth maxxing .... As long as it is up, your armor and MANA REGEN is greatly increased.

Max that shield IMO!

I typically go into a fight with the heal, then ill use the first ability DOT, and the lifesteal DOT on one mob, and shoot the others. By the time the DOTS are up, it pretty much kills the mob (while healing you) .

I use the shield AFTER battle (it only increases regen if its up, mobs will break it) OR if I take a big burst and need the buffer.

So far... I like. I hate instant cast heals. DOTS and HOTS are pro.

Completely different then sorceress.

Conradin
07-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Im going to love Engineer. DOT and HOT are my jam. Only problem is i dont know how they wil handle pvp.

Phoenixking
07-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Im going to love Engineer. DOT and HOT are my jam. Only problem is i dont know how they wil handle pvp.
Well if they have instant spells they will be bomb just put to HOTS then a DOTS then a insta when i started playing wow i first used a HOT then DOT or immobilize them then i finish them of

mrTOUCHER
07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
For pvp you would pretty much kite them. We have a stun, but it gets cancelled by damage. So you could snare.... heal..... muahaha

Phoenixking
07-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Whats kiting?

Arterra
07-06-2011, 08:25 PM

I love DoT... my one and only char in Warcraft before free month ended was a warlock heh. Daggers in pl don't offer enough to make them a viable DoT source

Phoenixking
07-06-2011, 08:28 PM
I love DoT... my one and only char in Warcraft before free month ended was a warlock heh. Daggers in pl don't offer enough to make them a viable DoT source
I love using my druid in wow i used a dot attack and then i use it again at end when the gnarlpine run away i just stand there waiting for them to die

mrTOUCHER
07-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Kiting is attacking without bieng attacked back. Get In range, dot, run.

Otukura
07-06-2011, 10:59 PM

I had some dagger mini-stun procing me today, in a joke match. The guy wouldn't tell me what it was. I'm wondering if it was just a glitch, but I wasn't able to move at all.

Piosidon
07-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Kiting is attacking without bieng attacked back. Get In range, dot, run.

An example would be like a bird and bear in 1v1 combat. The bird is shooting the bear while running around him so the bear can't hit the bird, but the bird is hitting the bear. That's a reason why bears have beckon.

Pharcyde
07-07-2011, 06:07 PM

Tell that to mah parents!!! I have had what? A total of 45 minutes beta playtime so far? Every time I get into beta, I have to sneak on. Then when I'm on beta, my parents are like freakin clouds of death hovering over me. I can't even enjoy the beta cuz there so OCD about the "Security" of their phones. They think Blackstar is rigged with viruses, and will sabotage their phones..

Murazama
07-08-2011, 01:57 AM
This is how I am rolling my Character Murazama currently, not worrying about any of the debuffs, but focusing on healing over time. Currently Empathy is Maxed, allowing decent health regen, when things get sketchy I pop Leech for myself and Transference if my friends need health. Intend to get Transference/Leech maxed, then max out the Shield for Mana Regen, as it supposedly increases rate of Regen.

WhoIsThis
07-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Well if they have instant spells they will be bomb just put to HOTS then a DOTS then a insta when i started playing wow i first used a HOT then DOT or immobilize them then i finish them of

Will it be enough though to take on an operative? Considering that its ranged vs ranged, kiting opportunities will be more limited.

mrTOUCHER
07-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Yea the shield enhances mana regen and armor.

Im maxing the DOTS.

Its enough to quickly pull aggro over anyone.

Ebalere
07-11-2011, 08:02 AM

Tell that to mah parents!!! I have had what? A total of 45 minutes beta playtime so far? Every time I get into beta, I have to sneak on. Then when I'm on beta, my parents are like freakin clouds of death hovering over me. I can't even enjoy the beta cuz there so OCD about the "Security" of their phones. They think Blackstar is rigged with viruses, and will sabotage their phones..

No offense, but if you havent barely played why do a guide? I find this thread misleading. Not flaming just wondering, maybe someone else can make this thread that has actually played the game more than an hour?

JemNI
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
But Pharcyde is a pro and wrote the definitive Mage guide for Pocket Legends. I just want to know what DOT and HOT mean.

Horsethe
07-12-2011, 04:51 AM
But Pharcyde is a pro and wrote the definitive Mage guide for Pocket Legends. I just want to know what DOT and HOT mean.

DOT is Damage Over Time and HOT is Heal Over time. I don't have the beta so can't say the specifics, but basically a DOT or HOT skill will cause a certain amount of damage or health regeneration for a specified period of time. An example is gain 5 heath every second for 10 seconds.