PDA

View Full Version : Dear Devs or Rem re: glinstone set Mage

Kriticality
03-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Can someone pls tell me theoretically what one is supposed to do with this set? It's not fully gemmed yet, amulet and ring still clean but really... What was the idea? The proc need to be like 80% not 20% for this to be considered. Maybe even 100%. Would possibly help mages in duels only even then. I just wanna hear what the idea was. Hopefully this set will be upgradable at the very least to something useful. Have a look. Zzz

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/cab1f4f31197421b9f7008f4916f66b7.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/5ac384cda9cbc467cd440c22c1c57c2a.jpg

Seriously. It seems useless unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ydqm
03-10-2016, 12:44 PM
You wear it and it makes you look cool!!

Nah i'm guessing they will upgrade it to 56, hopefully!

greekAL
03-10-2016, 12:59 PM
yep i think upgrade the set would be good option otherwise will be an unused ring and ammy and not even tradable!!!

Kriticality
03-10-2016, 01:12 PM
I mean cmon. Honestly is there any use for this? Make proc 100% like rogue traps and axe pulls. I'll creatively jewel this bad boy and slay rogues in duels. Also make staff proc stack with nekro and Mage shield. Show the mages some love. But back on topic, devs... Look at my two photos pls and tell me why anyone would use the first over the second. Even if proc is 100% I'm still not sure I'd even try to use it with anything except for duels. I'm at a loss of ideas.

And look at how low the str is. Shield will pop instantly. @@

Merchadia
03-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Still looks ugly [emoji23]

Niixed
03-10-2016, 02:14 PM
All of the glintstone sets are the weakest mythic gear STS has ever released, relative to the power levels of other gear available. The most glaring design flaw is that they are not lootable. Mages got the worst of the 3, but the Rogue set isn't far behind. But, even the warrior set is of questionable worth.

The glint sets are simply not worth the heavy expense and the only reason for mages to acquire the set is to get the achievement.

I don't think STS will be buffing them and I seriously doubt they will be upgradable.

abe
03-10-2016, 03:19 PM
I think they focused to much on design and proc. but also remeber them para gems and eye gems in your gear add alot compared to clean items im just saying somthing to think about

Bunny♥
03-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Yes it's useless and unfair. Pretty annoying to spend 10mil for a useless set as well and craft the set for the reason that it's possible for this crap to get upgraded when new cap will be released -- what if not?! Waste of 10mil perhaps.

Give it a proper proc rate, the stat itself is useless. I rather eat a rotten cheese than craft this set

We, mages need some love. Our arcane staff isn't the best esp for the solo mages out there!! Heck it's cool on clashes but on a solo pvp run?! - no. We still need to use our outdated mythic glint gun to b get that high skill damage benefit or whatnot. RIP MAGES.

Bunny♥
03-10-2016, 10:37 PM
Give us at least a better reason why we need to craft this set instead. I would be more than glad to spend my golds on this set as long as it's decent.

Schnitzel
03-11-2016, 12:13 AM
On another note, is anyone else wondering how he managed to get 6k hp?

Trenton
03-11-2016, 12:22 AM
No but I'm wondering how he has 25k PvE kills

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

xZauiflele
03-11-2016, 12:37 AM
All sets are (warrior, rogue, mage) have very less stats than a legendary set. The opportunity cost of sacrificing alot of stats is less (eg. for warriors health and armor i.e. most important for a warrior is gone with set) check revagers post he did full research of all pcs. I agree set warriors have advantage in pvp but that warrior need to manage balance on mana armor and health. The best mythic gear part is still planar pendant, mythic gear was atleast supposed to beat the legendary, but it does give +proc with low stats. For rogues and mages stituation is more worse. So, the reason to do get mythic set is
1. Aps 2. 20k from completed quest 3. Additional equipment for low maps 4. Good shine 5. Maybe upgradable in future. :p

meidei
03-11-2016, 01:06 AM
theres many thread about this glintstone set buff before im sure you knew about this no one succeed your too late for a buff mate.

Bunny♥
03-11-2016, 01:07 AM
6k hp is achievable even you use imbued. (with staff and sns )

Inotnab
03-11-2016, 04:10 AM

arbitrarily, 41 level up pack.

Dmitri Krivonosov
03-11-2016, 04:37 AM
Yes it's useless and unfair. Pretty annoying to spend 10mil for a useless set as well and craft the set for the reason that it's possible for this crap to get upgraded when new cap will be released -- what if not?! Waste of 10mil perhaps.

Give it a proper proc rate, the stat itself is useless. I rather eat a rotten cheese than craft this set

We, mages need some love. Our arcane staff isn't the best esp for the solo mages out there!! Heck it's cool on clashes but on a solo pvp run?! - no. We still need to use our outdated mythic glint gun to b get that high skill damage benefit or whatnot. RIP MAGES.
Unfortunately, forced to that sorcerer, as always got the worst of equipment, and there is nothing even to breathe. I began to make a set of 46, when he saw that statistically worse plurality of ring ruby ​​ring mytch refused to continue working on Kraft.

Отправлено с моего GT-I9300 через Tapatalk

Kriticality
03-11-2016, 10:39 AM

Bc I farm many jewels!! ;-)

https://youtu.be/TcpvRZfKfV4

Kriticality
03-11-2016, 10:45 AM

Eye gems mainly. Have more than a couple in gear. My crit and health are mostly from them.

Kriticality
03-11-2016, 10:49 AM
theres many thread about this glintstone set buff before im sure you knew about this no one succeed your too late for a buff mate.

While mages do need some sort of buff and I will stay adamant about that, the buff doesn't have to come in the form of set buff. I actually do want to hear a devs opinion about my original post. I legitimately want to know, in their opinion, what are the practical applications of this set?

Hulkystash
03-11-2016, 09:04 PM
What I think would be really cool to try is if this set would proc a 2nd clock drop instead of lighting, since we are an AOE class. That would be nice in PVE and maybe it would proc a 2nd shield in pvp. Just thinking out loud.

A second shield ?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO!

Hulkystash
03-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Other than that.. the devs already post a thread on why they think the set is the way it is. They explained something about it being a trade-off and that, that trade-off to them is worth the set. Like an older post said; "its too late to ask for buff"

Kharjojo
03-12-2016, 01:58 AM
Other than that.. the devs already post a thread on why they think the set is the way it is. They explained something about it being a trade-off and that, that trade-off to them is worth the set. Like an older post said; "its too late to ask for buff"

Looking at the threads abt the arcane staff, while daggers were been buffed, for us mages there was at least an explanation.
Well, what papa is asking is an explanation.. did u really got in which way this set is worth the trade off? Cause we haven't still get it.

Kriticality
03-12-2016, 05:44 AM
Looking at the threads abt the arcane staff, while daggers were been buffed, for us mages there was at least an explanation.
Well, what papa is asking is an explanation.. did u really got in which way this set is worth the trade off? Cause we haven't still get it.

That's exactly what I'm asking. Just wanna pick the heads of the Devs about this set. It's more expensive and time consuming than imbued. Certainly over the long term. And while warriors for example ended up with a spectacular combination of sword and set, I don't see an similarities with Mage or rogue either. I actually appreciate the glinstone set for warriors in pvp although when combined with the sword is extremely op, they compliment each other well. Both are also good without the other. It seems that the Mage weapon and set is the exact opposite. There are most certainly things that I may not have considered. I'd just like to hear from the devs about their thoughts on this now that there has been some non theoretical game time to observe.

Kriticality
03-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Up up up. Need answers. Lol

omgcrit
03-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Hmmm, yep the glint set is not good for mage why can't the set just add like 100int extra or have a powerful aoe attack like the arcane sword. Also I don't find the arcane staff extremely useful. That needs to be buffed some how cause its terrible compared to the other arcane weapons. I suggest like a invincibility for 2 second or something and cast heal also a fixed aoe attack like the warriors.

Legendsoflegends
03-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Well the only good thing about the set IMO is the mythic helm for mages. Which I'm using. The rest of t he piece are unless..

The trade off is not worth it.. so the devs developed the glintstone set.. so which of them actually play their own game and tried this so called mythic gear with light proc and calls it useful.. did they even attempt to try it before releasing this useless set.

Useless like everyone else says.
Useless to mages
Uueless proc that need light skill
Useless in pve
Useless in pvp

Overall useless

Deathlyreaper
03-14-2016, 06:20 PM
Devs!! Pls give us an explanation of why this is so. It would be nice if it got buffed. I didn't even bother to start the mythic set quest and the orcslaying quest because so far there is no reason to besides the AP

will0
03-15-2016, 06:40 PM
they won't make mage op .. that's not part of this game

Eagle Eye229
03-21-2016, 09:28 PM
So you thought you would be op with this set and your not.warrior was trashed on for a loong time and when we get a fix (ITS A FIX) people go crazy.i really don't know who people think any class is better than another.Now we can have all characters running in a party,instead of just rogue>mage> warrior.

SEEMS LIKE ALL YOU GUYS FORGET THAT this game must continue and cannot be stuck on make a set of gear perfect for you . honestly,you gotta move on.If st thinks it needs a fix then eventually it will get one.its their game and no one forces you to spend cash on it.YOU make that choice,You decided it would be the best set of gear (and I assume you did very little research before you got it.which is YOUR fault again for not investigating it further.

We know none of the numbers stg runs nor what they have planned.So if you didn't make the effort to research a very expensive in game item before you decide to buy it,that's on you.

mishafeng
03-21-2016, 10:01 PM
<This comment is deleted. I was tired when I made it and rambled. Ibis in the next comment beautifully sums up what I would like to say.>

bonjovi3223
03-22-2016, 12:12 AM
It's because these people spend money on the game and that we only asked for a FIX of the warrior class. Not to make them over powered in nearly every sense. The people that spend money on this game (papa etc etc) pay sts salary don't you forget. If sts can't keep plat buyers happy they find a new game and sts loses income. All were asking is that you buff the mages. Our glint set is clearly junk and so is staff. I've used both arc staff and glint staff (reason) and tbh I'd take glint any day. It's proc is better making it better over all. The same needs to happen with set. My current legendary armor when compared with glint set is nearly the same in stats. It needs to be fixed is what were asking. Not to be the best class.
Soooooooo
What you are trying to say here is, sts, I pay you salary so you should buff me every time I ask & screw everybody else. Am I correct?

Eagle Eye229
03-22-2016, 04:01 AM
That's not what anyone is saying. People payed a lot of money to craft this set. STS promised us that the proc would make up for the stat loss. Rogues and Wars are using their sets. Mages are still using arcane ring and 41 amulet. The mage set is not living up to anyone's expectations. The original poster of this thread is simply asking sts to clarify what they envisioned for this set. I think that is a fair question to ask

sts knows what they are doing.There is a reason why this set hasn't been revamped I'm sure.If they were to give you a proper fix (which everyone would say is underpowered and complain anyways)it would be small.Its easy to say well match it to warriors set with a powerful proc.Nice thought but have you thought maybe just maybe it couldn't be balanced and have you guys be happy.you want this massive boost in power when you don't need it.I've seen many many many mage running around with very very nice pvp stats and excellent pve stats.maybe you need to change your play style.Not everyone plays the same and things as small as staying to left of the map or right can change the outcome of numerous situations.Many ways to own as a mage.As of now,I think each class has its ups and down like it should be.AGIAN,NO ONE FORCES YOU TO SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME.NO ONE FORCES YOU TO USE THIS SET.OTHER MAGES DO JUST FINE IN ANY ASPECT OF THE GAME AND IF YOU CANNOT MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHANGE THE WAY YOU PLAY.if it has not been talked about yet but you know they are well aware of this issue then stop trying to force them to answer to you.85% of all mages I have seen big and small have had great pve pvp stats.every set for different characters are going to act different according to which character type.Just think about mechanics of a rpg.its basic knowledge really.

never seen so many "gamers" crying around before.every heard of roll with the punches?I would hate to play a pc or console pvp game with a lot of you...Excuse me?

bonjovi3223
03-22-2016, 04:31 AM
That's not what anyone is saying. People payed a lot of money to craft this set. STS promised us that the proc would make up for the stat loss. Rogues and Wars are using their sets. Mages are still using arcane ring and 41 amulet. The mage set is not living up to anyone's expectations. The original poster of this thread is simply asking sts to clarify what they envisioned for this set. I think that is a fair question to ask
Firstly, my comment was very specifically directed to what mishafeng had written. It has nothing to do with the original post on this thread.
Secondly, do not try to justify the buff of this set due to the gold/plat you may or may not have spent. The stats of all sets were released prior to you crafting them. It was your choice to spend the gold/plat and that should not be the core reasoning in your "feedbacks".

Alhuntrazeck
03-22-2016, 05:35 AM
So you thought you would be op with this set and your not.warrior was trashed on for a loong time and when we get a fix (ITS A FIX) people go crazy.i really don't know who people think any class is better than another.Now we can have all characters running in a party,instead of just rogue>mage> warrior.

SEEMS LIKE ALL YOU GUYS FORGET THAT this game must continue and cannot be stuck on make a set of gear perfect for you . honestly,you gotta move on.If st thinks it needs a fix then eventually it will get one.its their game and no one forces you to spend cash on it.YOU make that choice,You decided it would be the best set of gear (and I assume you did very little research before you got it.which is YOUR fault again for not investigating it further.

We know none of the numbers stg runs nor what they have planned.So if you didn't make the effort to research a very expensive in game item before you decide to buy it,that's on you.

Replying to your first two sentences, from what I recall, warriors were useful in PvE until around s5 when rogues began to get really OP (although it started with the introduction of the arcane daggers, only very very few were top geared and the elites back then were very elite and a warrior was essential). Mages were OP in PvP, however, for about a few days till stun immunity was added and then again now in s6 - excepting, obviously, the best geared mages which again were few.

Mages also had a heal which gave a pathetic amount of HP regen for three years so touché.

Enough about #magepower though lol

Kharjojo
03-22-2016, 06:45 AM
Cannot say it better than alhunt.

Now, back on track, it's not a matter to ask for a OP set, it's just a simple question... again: in which way the trade-off is worth?

lissil
03-26-2016, 03:48 PM
Up. I want some answers too!