PDA

View Full Version : Shield mitigation

Probationer
03-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Playing warrior since season 1 I personally see no problem with them, within pvp and pve.

But this improvement would make them more effective for pvp and pve which is what everyone keeps complaining about, so I suggest...

When wielding a sword and shield, the user should have an option similar to the normal attack button on the opposite side of the screen or somewhere appropriate which shows just the shield.

The effect of which would cause the user to Hold there shield up, reducing all damage done by X amount.

During this they are unable to use any skills, although they can still move and use pet AA's.

Personally I think it should be a reasonable % of mitigation/damage reduction such as 25-50%. Warriors already lose tons of damage using sword and shield and gain a minuscule amount of armour in comparison

This could also be used for shield procs such as chance to reflect damage back onto enemy.

After all warriors are meant to take all the damage, whereas the other 2 classes are damage dealers.

P.s the damage mitigation could also be altered by a stat such most reasonably armour but this would eventually cause the damage reduction to be 100% whereas keeping it at a fixed value wouldn't cause any issues.