PDA

View Full Version : Worst Quest

ZHEOTARE
07-07-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm 2 dailies away from completing all 190 quest. This got me to thinking...

What is the worst quest in your opinion??

Mine has got to be the 1000 snowballs, followed closely by the 1000 pelts.

These two have got to be the longest grinds in the game after the 56 grind. The stages are so rough, that a good 30-35 group will struggle badly. By the time they are complete, the reward is pointless.

I've advocated on here before about making an elite quest, or a grind it out quest. I just think the reward should have been much better, or been able to trade or sell.

On a side note, I finished both of these today!!

Pharcyde
07-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Part 1 and two of the mystery quests. Takes a solid 13 hours to complete WITH a good group.

Register
07-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Part 1 and two of the mystery quests. Takes a solid 13 hours to complete WITH a good group.

ugh..yes!

Roasty
07-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Let's see...I always get bugged off about every Sandstone Cave quest, Cyber Quest (I rage quit them, it was too hard) never tried 1000 pelt/snowballs but it seems painful too. Oh and of course mystery quests :mad:

Ayc2000
07-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Roasty, I thought you were trying to get all quests completed? I'll help you :)

Ephemeris
07-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Nanotubes seemed the worst to me... I had to make dozens of runs to get them to drop.

blurryeyes
07-07-2011, 10:50 PM
I just finished 100 totems for cyber, quite a pain to keep on playing victory lap like a robot

next its the cyber shards lol, gonna be a robot again

Kingofhurtz
07-07-2011, 11:12 PM
I hate questing so I haven't done many but of the ones of have, definitely cyber. Worth it on the long run, but excruciating while doing them all...

Kakatoa91
07-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Pelt and snowball... so coooold and long.
And map hurt eyes.

ZHEOTARE
07-08-2011, 08:50 AM

I was gonna list these two next. I dont remember them being that long, but a definite grind. Plus the recommended level could do the quest. Also, the gear was still usable for a small bit. A definite 3rd and 4th place though IMO.

Let's see...I always get bugged off about every Sandstone Cave quest, Cyber Quest (I rage quit them, it was too hard) never tried 1000 pelt/snowballs but it seems painful too. Oh and of course mystery quests :mad:

If you wanna do the pelts and snowballs, I'll show you the fast way. Takes about 100 runs to complete both quest.

CanonicalKoi
07-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Pelts, snowballs and 1024 tomes. Ugh. Cyber totems runs close behind those, but at least running CTK is a good money maker.

Egoz
07-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Pelts and snowballs back when you could NOT use health pots. That was painful!!
I'm pretty sure most of my deaths were from those quests.

Roasty
07-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Roasty, I thought you were trying to get all quests completed? I'll help you :)

Hey Angie,

If you haven't read my sandstone cave thread, my last post said that I got a little impatient and bugged off so I just finished them all that day. But feel free to help me some other quests, I just have to level first. Heh...:)

DawnInfinity
07-08-2011, 10:05 AM
The quests for the mystery items that require killing the shadow prisoners for their stuff. 190/190 :)

CanonicalKoi
07-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Pets and snowballs back when you could NOT use health pots. That was painful!!
I'm pretty sure most of my deaths were from those quests.

Oh, yeah. :( Did those quests on 4 different chars before the change-over. Ow.

pwnpear
07-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Pelts wasnt that bad :P Snowballs is definitely hard tho, tied for first with the cyber quests(havnt done them once, two lvl 50 chars lol)
@zheotare ...uhm i really doubt a lvl 30-35 group cud survive, considering i die on a 55 (i rush tho)LOL.

ZeraJade
07-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Ok are you all out of your MINDS?? Do you not remember having to kill Gorgux to get some stupid gem? I don't know about you, but I had to kill that bastard like 8 times before it dropped. And you all know how those random first timer Gorgux runs go. You DIE and die and die because everyone else doesn't know what they are doing, they didn't listen to advice about orbs and wouldn't listen and then the thing goes and regens health! Next thing? Your party members just leave. 1/3 of my deaths came from that.

How about Overlord? Same sort of scenario- clueless people not listening.

Another quest that frustrated me due to others selfishness was the jailers one. I'd end up in a party with *gasp* 50+ doing cyber and wouldn't you know it, they take your help in killing shadows then leave. Guess who got to kill them all by herself? Me. So just a side note when doing shadows - clear the whole dang room if lower lvls are helping. It won't kill you (maybe!) If there's a 48 in there, they need jailers and boss.

Totems and shards were nearly a breeze for me. Victory lap, tpaxx only, rmk = <4.5 min runs Don't even try and say yea but gorg drops too cause that doesn't beat avg 1.5 drops in 4 mins.

Pelts and snowballs were my last two just because I didn't get xp and at 56 the reward is just for show. My rule of thumb there was (and I tell players in town that ask for help) A party of lvl 30s can't do it, so if your <33 I'd let ya stay for xp but at 33 your just leeching drops.

OH and a couple times a week I help people in that swamp where there's like 4 quests and the mobs repop. If you got a party and someone finished their quest, they would just leave.

Are you sensing a pattern there? Ha ha :) ok that's all!

CanonicalKoi
07-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Just an FYI....a party of 30-somethings can do Frozen Nightmares. It takes teamwork, having a group that knows not to bite off more than it can chew (i.e. lure 1 or 2 out of a larger group, kill them, rinse-lather-repeat) and more time than if you can just muscle your way through, but it certainly can be done.

And, yeah ZeraJade, I don't know what it is about the Shadows/Captives quests that brings out the absolute worst in people, but they do. Gurgox? Piece of cake. OL? Same, if you pot up. I died more from people not listening, not clearing the hall first, rushing in and opening capsules instead of letting someone (mage/bird with gun) open and not pulling aggro, then I ever did doing a Gurgox or OL run.

ZeraJade
07-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Ok true, full party, knowledgable teamworking party, could get through. Wasn't worth my time or effort at that level :)

Shadow/Prisioners/Jailers - three quests at different levels. First is prisoners so you have over eager pod poppers, then is jailers (back room with two mini boss?) THAT was annoying. Once pods were broke and any shadows killed - other questers had no reason to stay, and didn't. I began hosting my own rooms and informing people of how the quests were being handled, deviate and feel my shoe. Few times I have just went for boss so the one player could access the next dungeon, having cleared Captive Audience.

I guess I died so much with Gorgux because I refused to leave. As soon as one person died they would just get mad and leave. Noooo not me. Revive me and lemme die some more! :)

Tedious, repetitive grinding is much preferred here than that one you can't do alone (yet) and need help and struggle to receive.

Register
07-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Ok are you all out of your MINDS?? Do you not remember having to kill Gorgux to get some stupid gem? I don't know about you, but I had to kill that bastard like 8 times before it dropped. And you all know how those random first timer Gorgux runs go. You DIE and die and die because everyone else doesn't know what they are doing, they didn't listen to advice about orbs and wouldn't listen and then the thing goes and regens health! Next thing? Your party members just leave. 1/3 of my deaths came from that.

How about Overlord? Same sort of scenario- clueless people not listening.

Another quest that frustrated me due to others selfishness was the jailers one. I'd end up in a party with *gasp* 50+ doing cyber and wouldn't you know it, they take your help in killing shadows then leave. Guess who got to kill them all by herself? Me. So just a side note when doing shadows - clear the whole dang room if lower lvls are helping. It won't kill you (maybe!) If there's a 48 in there, they need jailers and boss.

Totems and shards were nearly a breeze for me. Victory lap, tpaxx only, rmk = <4.5 min runs Don't even try and say yea but gorg drops too cause that doesn't beat avg 1.5 drops in 4 mins.

Pelts and snowballs were my last two just because I didn't get xp and at 56 the reward is just for show. My rule of thumb there was (and I tell players in town that ask for help) A party of lvl 30s can't do it, so if your <33 I'd let ya stay for xp but at 33 your just leeching drops.

OH and a couple times a week I help people in that swamp where there's like 4 quests and the mobs repop. If you got a party and someone finished their quest, they would just leave.

Are you sensing a pattern there? Ha ha :) ok that's all!

omg gurgox....its was extra hard cuz my teammates kept dying!!! There was just me and two mages! I had to tank -_- So i was running in circles like a spasmodic idiot while the mages kept dying...they had to spawn and run back while I stayed alive! But we eventually did it! And i got my gem :)

Askterbro
07-09-2011, 09:18 AM
The 1000 anything. Minute I saw how many items were needed, I was like, uh..."abandon quest" lol