PDA

View Full Version : Who has the most gold

Elfche
06-07-2010, 01:30 AM
Like the title suggests, I was wondering who is the richest mo' fo' on the server. I am somewhere up there, but I am sure I am not even close to being #1
(plus, I've been playing for less than two weeks)

So just show off a screenshot like so:
(updated)
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r194/Mari0_B/7c970fc5.jpg

(if you don't know how to post, there is a thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?995-How-to-post-screenshots-using-ONLY-your-Iphone.) about it)

EDIT:
By far the leader:

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae160/thelonearcher/012aacdb.jpg

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE GAME WE ALL LOVE!

BestHyun
06-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Probably someone who spent a grand on gold.

RedRyder
06-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Yeh no ones gonna beat that guy. 8mil+ in gold bought with actual realife currency. About a grands worth

Elfche
06-07-2010, 02:58 AM
what a 'tard haha. i wanna see a screenshot

Mobdropper
06-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Think duciel has the most nonpurchased gold, I'm only at 1.7 mil myself.

Jekyll
06-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Probably someone who spent a grand on gold.

This literally made me LOL. I was hoping to see someone make a crack about that :D

Iambirdman
06-07-2010, 03:47 AM
Playing less than 2 weeks and having 700 k I would say bought gold too

Elfche
06-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Its called farming and selling like crazy. Oh and selling voodoo dolls for 80k to noobs is always fun. And no I have not purchased any gold ^_^ You can check with the game creators haha

Away
06-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Its called farming and selling like crazy. Oh and selling voodoo dolls for 80k to noobs is always fun. And no I have not purchased any gold ^_^ You can check with the game creators haha

I applaud you sir.

Guitarlon
06-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Uhh who spent a grand on gold?

KronicDecay
06-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Check older posts. Im not pointing any fingers lol

Sayishere
06-07-2010, 08:30 AM
all i say is no comment theres no words to describe someone spending 1 grand in real life money for ingame currency

no words.....

spee...c..hl..es.s

Spudboy
06-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Well, maybe their daddy's rich and a couple thousand here or there makes no difference. Bailed-out bankers and all, don't you know.

My main has about 637g But of course, I suck at the game, never farm and use a *lot* of M potions. I just need enough gold to get through the game and move on. I know some people actually enjoy farming and spamming sales notices. I'd rather go play an alt or Red Dead Redemption than spend any game time separating other players from their coin or doing the exact same task over & over. That's my day job. :D

Royce
06-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Well, maybe their daddy's rich and a couple thousand here or there makes no difference. Bailed-out bankers and all, don't you know.

It was his own money, and I don't see why people have to keep bashing a guy who hasn't even posted in this thread. It was one thing when he was bragging but now I think people should just let him be. He is contributing money to the game we love, and he is an upstanding member of the community.

Anyway, I have about 450k on my primary character.

KronicDecay
06-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Whopping 20k and i dont even know what to do with it

Thelonearcher
06-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Please don't make a thread just to degrade me please
http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae160/thelonearcher/012aacdb.jpg

Mobdropper
06-07-2010, 01:56 PM
It wasn't made to just degrade you, I think it's cool you bought stuff to support the game. Some of the 'practices' you do on the other hand... :/

Elfche
06-07-2010, 02:09 PM
like all the people said so far... TNX FOR supporting the game!

flaimdude
06-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I have about 30k from trading, etc. :) And lone, I'm glad you support the game as much as you do. :D

tjornan
06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I hve about 1 mill, sorry no screenshot

Lol u know wat i like to do? Sell bad swamp pinks to noobs for 20k, then watch wen they try to sell them for 40k and someone offers them 5k........ its so much fun

Furrawn
06-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Why so mean to thelonearcher???
Picking on him is a juvenile exercise in being hateful.
So what if Lone bought gold?
He's a great player- an asset to the game and the forum.

I have like 62K only.
I don't care about gold much- except needing five million for a guild:) lol lol

HectorCruz
06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
wait...5 million for a guild????

That would be unfortunate.

Dbawlz
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
People laugh at lonearcher because of his foolish decision to purchase gold lol we all have money IRL and if your spending a grand on in game gold you have issues no matter how much you have i mean im sure a good amount of us could drop 20-30k of real money on gold or items in many different games but we dont because were smart people. just sayin smart people make smart decisions, foolish people make foolish decisions and the world keeps spinning.

vulgarstrike
06-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Whopping 20k and i dont even know what to do with it

i'll take the load off your hands

Cascade
06-07-2010, 10:09 PM
All I have to say to this thread is who cares!

Spudboy
06-08-2010, 11:20 AM
People laugh at lonearcher because of his foolish decision to purchase gold lol we all have money IRL and if your spending a grand on in game gold you have issues no matter how much you have i mean im sure a good amount of us could drop 20-30k of real money on gold or items in many different games but we dont because were smart people. just sayin smart people make smart decisions, foolish people make foolish decisions and the world keeps spinning.

Thank you for your solid insight. You have clarified things for foolish and smart people everywhere.

For the record I was not laughing at anyone. I was merely stating that the idea of "smart spending" is entirely relative. No matter how much people try to fit other's actions into their own world-view, it's no more true, than clarifying that chocolate is better than vanilla ice cream. And that one's easy.

Banned
06-08-2010, 12:00 PM
He's a great player- an asset to the game and the forum.

No, not really.

Warchanter
06-08-2010, 12:05 PM
All I have to say to this thread is who cares!
agreed....your the richiest "mofo" how do u feel? need a cookie :P.

Cascade
06-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Guys, cool it this is a FRIENDLY forum a place to make more friends NOT enemies so....cool it.

SlipperyJim
06-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Lol u know wat i like to do? Sell bad swamp pinks to noobs for 20k, then watch wen they try to sell them for 40k and someone offers them 5k........ its so much fun
Wait ... so your plan for generating gold is to scam helpless newbies? And then you enjoy watching them realize that you scammed them?

Please tell me that I misunderstood something in your post....

Elfche
06-09-2010, 02:52 AM
shameless bump! (updated my pic hehe)

Sayishere
06-09-2010, 04:14 AM
i dont accept scamming, i mean intentionally scamming. theres a difference. like the other day a guy wanted a swamp purple of me, i said got money to buy it? it was like 4k, he said no, and said he wanted to trade something, he put a mamboza robe in trade box..then said how about this? i never planned to scam him, if he doesnt understand the game mechanics then im not the one whos gonna teach him, i said ok and traded

i never planned on scamming, but it happens, if im a bad person for this then fair enough lol, its just an example :)

if someone stays in towne to scam someone, and thats their only reason then thats a bad thought process

Elfche
06-09-2010, 04:45 AM
I think you guys need to differentiate between "playing" the market (inflating prices etc.) and scamming... meaning removing items from trade or switching them etc. Those are two totally different things... at least i think so. So don't interchange scamming and trading smart... If I can get a "sucker" to pay for something I'll do it. Its part of the learning process. People try to get me to sell my pinks for 1-2k to them all the time... lol I just do a 180 on that

Pleasure_Pirate
06-09-2010, 05:28 AM
If they have no knowledge of the market or the value of items because they're new, then it is a problem...

SlipperyJim
06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
I seem to have generated some heat with my previous comment about "scamming" so I'd like to be precise. I don't want to offend or accuse anyone unintentionally.

I was responding to this quote:

If I understand this post correctly, the poster is saying that he/she deliberately seeks out "noobs" to overcharge them for Swamp pinks. This behavior is very different from accepting an offer which just happens to be over the "usual" value. Seeking out newbies to overcharge is scamming, and I'll stick by that accusation. Simply allowing a newbie to overpay you is not scamming, especially if the newbie initiated the transaction.

That said, I think it would be nice to correct a newbie who wants to overpay you by some ludicrous amount. ("Wow, Swampy Trident of the Bear looks cool! 30k for it!!") You'd be a newbie-helper and win a virtual prize for being willing to walk away from a potential windfall. But it wouldn't make you a scammer if you simply accepted the gold. Nobody has an obligation to prevent newbies from making newbie mistakes. Does that seem reasonable?

Advance
06-09-2010, 10:33 AM
TBH. I wouldn't call overcharging noobs scamming.
If the person was smart, he or she would at least take the time and scout the market to get a fair idea of what prices are.
However, if they simply jumped in and flailed around money, then maybe a good lesson isn't so bad after all.

-Adv

Furrawn
06-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Idk.
I agree w Advance that newbies should be smart enough to look at current prices. We live in an Ebay world after all:) I agree, too, that if it's a mutually agreed trade then it isn't a scam...

But, for me, I think that I try to be helpful. Gold isn't worth maybe making a new player feel badly about PL because some upstanding senior member sold him/her a $5K pink for $30K. It's a playing community that everyone benefits from... I mean, yes, the newbie should have a brain, BUT senior members represent the game at its best, right?

Gwendaline
06-09-2010, 04:04 PM
.......... True Dat

Furrawn
06-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi, gwenny:)

Mobdropper
06-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Seeking out newbies to overcharge isn't scamming, but it shows a persons ethics and morals.

However, I do know the newb overcharging backfired on tj at least once. He over paid for a mojo wand to try to overcharge a newb, but he got stuck with the wand instead and spent 30 mins begging for a refund lol. He was even willing to take 5k less back on the refund lol.

Furrawn
06-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Seeking out newbies to overcharge isn't scamming, but it shows a persons ethics and morals.

However, I do know the newb overcharging backfired on tj at least once. He over paid for a mojo wand to try to overcharge a newb, but he got stuck with the wand instead and spent 30 mins begging for a refund lol. He was even willing to take 5k less back on the refund lol.

Lol
LMAO:)

Advance
06-09-2010, 07:47 PM

that just means he doesn't have a clue on how to profit without lucky noobs passing by.
Fail.

-Adv

Elfche
06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
good stuff guys ^_^ But yeah, it seems like the general notion is that overcharging is ok... unless you want to be the nice guy :P

Spudboy
06-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Meh. Online coins & virtual swords for a couple weeks. If you're having fun spending or hoarding tons of "gold" you're not among the noobs.

vulgarstrike
06-10-2010, 10:40 AM
What I have found is that selling for cheaper allows for quicker sales, which allows for more time to farm, which allows for more pinks, and so on. I have made more money selling cheaper than selling high. On a related note, I have some random pinks for sale, starting at 5k. oh, and 3 purples for just 2k a bundle if you're interested.

Elfche
06-10-2010, 10:42 AM
this is especially true with todays shaky economy where most people prefer not to buy, because they are awaiting the alien oasis... little do they know it won't be at out for a few more days at least

Sayishere
06-10-2010, 11:12 AM
this is especially true with todays shaky economy where most people prefer not to buy, because they are awaiting the alien oasis... little do they know it won't be at out for a few more days at least

a few days? you say that like its a long time! :P

why would it be advisable to buy items now when the level cap is going to increase?

it really depends on what loot is going to be on the tables but meh

selling low for quicker sales, meh to that

i dont farm that much anyway anymore so the pinks i do have i will sell at a highish price !

tjornan
06-11-2010, 01:22 PM

However, I do know the newb overcharging backfired on tj at least once. He over paid for a mojo wand to try to overcharge a newb, but he got stuck with the wand instead and spent 30 mins begging for a refund lol. He was even willing to take 5k less back on the refund lol. ya i remember that.... but i got him back tho... he was dying for a dreamers tiara i sold it for 100k... then went on my other account and said i was selling for 50k... he was begging me for his money back... so i took back the tiara and 25k and then ran away on my other char... he was super mad. i let this go on for about a week then gave him his 25k back

tjornan
06-11-2010, 01:25 PM

Wait ... so your plan for generating gold is to scam helpless newbies? And then you enjoy watching them realize that you scammed them?

Please tell me that I misunderstood something in your post....

You did... i like doin this then give them their money back and 5k/power level... theyre always happy in thed

laquint
07-22-2010, 04:34 PM
I have a billion P.S i also think i can fly!

Staffed
07-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm breaking on 300k :)

futuristic
07-22-2010, 09:09 PM
i have 1.5mil

KingFu
07-22-2010, 09:43 PM
I had 1.7 mil but I bought great gear, and pimped out some friends, now I have 1.3 :(

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-22-2010, 09:44 PM
I have......GABILLION MIL! :).