PDA

View Full Version : User Upgradeable Weapons

v5point0
06-07-2010, 05:08 AM
Has anyone played Summon Night: Swordcraft Story (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summon_Night:_Swordcraft_Story) and/or Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summon_Night:_Swordcraft_Story_2)

If you have, then am sure you would know what am talking about but if you don't, then I would like to point out that the aforementioned games features a unique system in which players are able to build, upgrade, and customize their weapons.

Instead of endlessly farming and hoping to get a some rare pink loots (which somehow feels like trying to catch a rare Pokemon with perfect stats in the RPG, only even harder); This system will enable people to build upon what they already got and improve on it.

Raw materials can be found or bought, forging can be done in town. I believe this will enable everyone to actually play the game rather then wasting time farming which is very time consuming, frustrating and expensive. Also not everyone is interested in farming or advertising their farmed goods at insanely high prices, it gets very irritating when the only thing you read is endless spamming and harassing by sellers who are desperate to get rid of these junks which are getting obsolete each passing day.

The fact that someone can consider spending 50k is beyond me, and have no money later to even buy a pot of potion. All this for just a more impressive stat? So what do you plan on doing with your Bear, Bird, Elf - Save the world?

My $0.02

Royce
06-07-2010, 10:25 AM
A couple of related ideas have been proposed. This could be worked in with crafting for instance. Anyway it's a cool idea. Anything that could add a little complexity and make it less likely that all players your level will have the exact same stats and gear would benefit PL I think.

King Richie
06-07-2010, 10:33 AM
But then you get the problem of farmers farming forge items and or selling them for ridonkulous prices

v5point0
06-08-2010, 02:52 PM
But then you get the problem of farmers farming forge items and or selling them for ridonkulous prices

Unlink the pink loots, raw material are gained much easier, so anyone can get it and forge their own items. But then everyone will be powerful you say. Well forging will enable one to choose what attribute they like more, so for example there might be a trade-offs between choosing say Mana Regen or Armour via the use of raw material. End point is, it depends on the user to create a weapon to best suit his or her character and playing style based on available resources.

Cascade
06-08-2010, 02:55 PM
I have a feeling that the devs don't want PL to get to complicated. So crafting will most likely be out of the question.

Crunchwrap
06-10-2010, 01:11 AM
i like the idea, have you ever tried MU online? monsters drop extremely rare, extremely expensive jewels (ie. jewel of bless, jewel of life, soul, ect.). jewel of bless adds +1 to items up to +6 and Soul adds from +6 to +9 with a chance of failure, multiple jewels and are required at an npc to create items +9 with not only a chance of failure but also a chance to lose item completely, items start to glow at +10 and max aura is present at +13. these +'s increase items attack and defense and look plain awesome. this kind of customization screams fun, or something like it.