PDA

View Full Version : What makes Star Legends so epic! Please don't change!! :(

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 07:25 PM
There has been a lot of rumor about credit drop rates being lowered for beta. I personally hope they stay like this forever! It's the lack of packs and credits that makes dungeons require tactic. Once credit drop rates are increased, players can afford to potion guzzle, which takes ALL tactic out of this game.

So I, for one, say it should stay as is!

Opinions?
Critics?
For?
Against?

Mazal Tov?

Otukura
07-08-2011, 07:33 PM
For. I finally figured out how to farm them:
Join almost done rockfall caves for XP and pot farming. :3

Fast 20 pots and maybe 15 kills. This is when there's only '1' left.

judgementbow
07-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Well from what I understand they are trying to use new ideas for both PL,SL, and future games. Since PL already has an inflated economy I'd rather see a cooldown on pots. Would be simple to add to both games. It would also make SL a little more difficult. Keeping credits low would only be a small speedbumb for most people. Anyone could eventually get enough credits to pot guzzle, but a cooldown takes care of that. As far as how long it should be, that could be tested before the beta is over if the devs like the idea. Most of the beta testers are already familiar with conserving pots, so a cooldown wouldn't hinder anyone. It would just make you think before you used it, which is what adds a more tactical approach imo.

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Well from what I understand they are trying to use new ideas for both PL,SL, and future games. Since PL already has an inflated economy I'd rather see a cooldown on pots. Would be simple to add to both games. It would also make SL a little more difficult. Keeping credits low would only be a small speedbumb for most people. Anyone could eventually get enough credits to pot guzzle, but a cooldown takes care of that. As far as how long it should be, that could be tested before the beta is over if the devs like the idea. Most of the beta testers are already familiar with conserving pots, so a cooldown wouldn't hinder anyone. It would just make you think before you used it, which is what adds a more tactical approach imo.

Actually, that is a outstanding idea.

Also, I do see what your saying about it's only a speedbump. But the lower the amount of credits there are, the more likely people are going to reserve supplies.

So, pot cool down and low credit rates will certainly keep the game enjoyable.

judgementbow
07-08-2011, 08:00 PM
The first day I wouldn't have put any thought into buying a stimpack. I simply didn't want to waste the credits and the game was possible without them. Today I could go buy 1k stims. So while the idea of low credits slowed me down the first day, I could easily go pot guzzle right now. That's the only thing I meant with the speedbump.

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 08:08 PM
The first day I wouldn't have put any thought into buying a stimpack. I simply didn't want to waste the credits and the game was possible without them. Today I could go buy 1k stims. So while the idea of low credits slowed me down the first day, I could easily go pot guzzle right now. That's the only thing I meant with the speedbump.

Yeah, makes sense. But just because you can afford to pot guzzle, would you? :p Thats the point I'm getting at. The more valued credit is, the less people are going to throw it around for say, 1,000 pots to guzzle away.

judgementbow
07-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah, makes sense. But just because you can afford to pot guzzle, would you? :p Thats the point I'm getting at. The more valued credit is, the less people are going to throw it around for say, 1,000 pots to guzzle away.

True. It took alot of kills to get that, so I'm holding on to it for as long as possible. Another thing to look at would be character skills. Do all of the skills allow the game to be played with limited packs? Especially once the game develops into the later levels. I know as an operative I can regen my mana/health with a skill. Not by much, but it has kept me from using any packs. So as long as there's balance, it sounds good. I know the devs said they want to keep regen low, so that's something else to consider with limited packs. I think it's all a very usable idea though. Would love to hear a devs take on this idea.

Lowlyspy
07-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Im completely for it, I like how the drop rates for credits are right now mainly because it shows promise as to how the auction prices are unlikely to be so inflated. Levels like plasma pyramid have given people the means to make hundreds of thousands of gold in just a few hours, hopefully the devs refrain from putting levels like this into SL at least until the game is old enough to where the level shouldnt affect it too much.

Survivorfan
07-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Completely agree with you, we need more teamwork. I would lov to try it out first before saying this but IOS. Judge is totally right.

Echelong
07-08-2011, 08:51 PM
a cooldown on pots its a great idea but STS would need to make enemies attack weaker because there isn't a dedicated healer class (at least from what I know if its like PL) some enemies and bosses can 1 or 2 hit kill you and that doesn't leave time to use heal as well as you can shug a pot or 2. And if there is no healer class in the group then its gonna be almost impossible. I am up for a better challenge like I did back on my WoW days but things just need balance.

Looking forward to this game looks really sweet.

Faust
07-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I like the credit rate as it is. It's one of the main reasons I think I'll be able to stick with this game.

Oh and there is a "dedicated" healer (mostly). Engineer gets group healing and revival skills. It feels a lot different than enchantress. But it does count as a healer

sabermage
07-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Don't forget, you can get 35K credits for 150 platinum. You can get 2000 platinum for 89.99. That means $6.75 for 35K credits. Really not a bad price if there is such a small pool of earned credit.

judgementbow
07-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Don't forget, you can get 35K credits for 150 platinum. You can get 2000 platinum for 89.99. That means $6.75 for 35K credits. Really not a bad price if there is such a small pool of earned credit.

That's what I was looking for, thanks. This is why I'm more for a cooldown. If we simply have low credits then anyone could gain an advantage by just buying credits. OR the amount/price of credits could be changed once the full version of the game is out to better suit the economy.

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 09:40 PM
a cooldown on pots its a great idea but STS would need to make enemies attack weaker because there isn't a dedicated healer class (at least from what I know if its like PL) some enemies and bosses can 1 or 2 hit kill you and that doesn't leave time to use heal as well as you can shug a pot or 2. And if there is no healer class in the group then its gonna be almost impossible. I am up for a better challenge like I did back on my WoW days but things just need balance.

Looking forward to this game looks really sweet.

I don't think enemy damage is a problem. I'm soloing dungeons with ease on the class with the weakest armor. If anything, the damage should be bumped up a bit on the mobs.

Otukura
07-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't think enemy damage is a problem. I'm soloing dungeons with ease on the class with the weakest armor. If anything, the damage should be bumped up a bit on the mobs.

Exactly. The only three things I've seen people died from are when they a)target the tanks, and let the DPSers destroy you or b) touch the electric water(me x4) and c) get one hitted by the falling rocks.

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Exactly. The only three things I've seen people died from are when they a)target the tanks, and let the DPSers destroy you or b) touch the electric water(me x4) and c) get one hitted by the falling rocks.

Only things I've seen so far is
1.) Poor tactic
2.) Poor tactic
3.) Poor tactic
4.) And falling rocks/shocking water :).

I do gotta admit though, if I didn't use any sort of tactic while soloing, the mobs would crush me so bad. I currently am using a tactic that allows me to take on 5-6 enemies at a time, and disable 3-4 of them at a time.

Conradin
07-08-2011, 09:48 PM
I saywe should make a petition for stim cool-downs and send it with all our names on it to the devs. Anyone with me? This will make the game wayyyyyy better!

Funny- players begging for a CD.

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Right? Never ever thought I would see the day I wanted another cooldown.

This game isn't too bad with cool downs though, I don't even really notice them. Also, making a petition now.

Otukura
07-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Only things I've seen so far is
1.) Poor tactic
2.) Poor tactic
3.) Poor tactic
4.) And falling rocks/shocking water :).

I do gotta admit though, if I didn't use any sort of tactic while soloing, the mobs would crush me so bad. I currently am using a tactic that allows me to take on 5-6 enemies at a time, and disable 3-4 of them at a time.

I didn't even get the shocking water at first. Died three times and always was like WTF in my head. Fourth was a mistake :3 I guess the charred bodies should've warned me.

Fyrce
07-09-2011, 02:30 AM
I died to a grate... *Pout*

Pharcyde
07-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Joined my second PUG ever since getting the game. Guy nearly wrecked my perfect stats by barrel blasting...

Kinda like the guys who were in the interview with gary nearly did.. Androidian litterally barrel blasted EVERYTHING. I nearly dodged death by like 3 hp. Glad I purchased a helmet.