PDA

View Full Version : Player Petition -- Add Potion Global Cool-Down; Prevent Inflation & Keep Credits Low!

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Potion Global Cool-Down: Prevents players from "Potion Guzzling". Players who potion guzzle use no tactic, and lack of tactic is the major flaw that hurt Pocket Legends. The Developers did a great job of setting up Star Legends, it actually requires tactic. One thing we have not seen yet is what will happen when people get enough credits to potion guzzle. A counter-argument against this is "What if I need to heal!?!". Well, that is why you will need to use a thing called PPS & PUT. Wonder what those mean? PPS is Proper Party Setup. PUT is Player Using Tactic. If you want to blindly run into a room full of 30 enemies, and potion jam to survive, then go play pocket legends.

Prevent Inflation & Keep Credits Low: Pocket Legends has major inflation. Which leads to unnecessary spending, and ridiculous prices. One of these unnecessary spending's is buying thousands of potions, to use up in just a few blind dungeon runs. Also, market prices will adjust to credit amounts. Example: In Star Legends, 1,000 credit is equivalent to 10,000-20,000 gold. So expensive items on the consignment shoppe would be 10,000-20,000 credits, compared to Pocket Legends, 100,000-200,000 gold.

Disagreeing Parties Arguments -

judgementbow against Low Credit Rate - "If the amount/price of credits that can be purchased is lowered, then I'll be fine with credits staying low. If the price for credits doesn't change, anyone could be rich in game by spending a few bucks on credits."

Would you like your argument, for or against, to be posted here? Then post a reply in this thread with a thesis-able, logical, and knowledgeable argument. If it's good enough, it will be added to the thread. ("Because it's dumb" is no thesis-able or logical argument)

Rules of voting -
To ensure that results aren't corrupted by faulty voters, please follow these rules.

You must have played the BETA. STAR LEGENDS IS NOTHING LIKE POCKET LEGENDS, POCKET LEGENDS EXPERIENCES DON'T APPLY HERE!
If you disagree with the Petition, please post why you disagree before voting! State your opinion, discuss with other players, and then after discussing, vote as you please.
Same applies to if you agree to the Petition, if you would like.
Read arguments for and against the Petition before you vote.

.....If you vote/post early on, there will be no arguments against. I will be adding all disagreeing parties arguments to the main thread as they are posted.

Spacetime User Terms and sayings:

Potion Guzzling - The act of constantly having to tap on the potion buttons to survive a dungeon.
Potion Jamming - The act of constantly pressing the potion buttons, just to stay at full healthpoints and manapoints at all times during a dungeon.
PPS - Proper Party Setup
PUT - Player Using Tactic

Also, post your name and if you agree or disagree if you would like to be added to the petition list.

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Player Petition - Global Cool-Down of Potions

For:
Conradin
Pharcyde
Usceiater
judgementbow
ironblade
Otukura
Snippet

Against:
WhoIsThis

Disqualified Voters:
Pio
Pheonixking

If you vote - and do not have beta experience, you will not be added to either list, for or against. This tampers results. If player votes, who has no record of having or not having beta, will be automatically assumed to have played beta. Obvious players like Pheonixking, and Pio voted without playing beta. Thus, their votes are voided.

Usceiater
07-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I would absolutely love to see this happen. I love the fact that you need PPS in order to properly run these zones.

Otukura
07-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Yes to the deflation. We really needed a good gold sink in PL, and the only thing was potions. This would actually sink it.

Arterra
07-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Potion timer would be good for a more difficult.version of pl.with real time tactics.

Also like pretty much allyou said. Global cool down makes more sense in sl than in pl to stay a tactics game.

judgementbow
07-08-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm still for just the cooldown. If the amount/price of credits that can be purchased is lowered, then I'll be fine with credits staying low. If the price for credits doesn't change, anyone could be rich in game by spending a few bucks on credits.

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm still for just the cooldown. If the amount/price of credits that can be purchased is lowered, then I'll be fine with credits staying low. If the price for credits doesn't change, anyone could be rich in game by spending a few bucks on credits.

Good Point. I'll add it to credit rate disagreement. All it takes is another lonearcher type player to drop 40k platinum on gold.

Conradin
07-08-2011, 11:03 PM
I agree!!! And i am personally 100% against buying gold/credits for real $. It is juat asking for inflation. With PPS and PUT I have had many good runs in the sewers without using a single pot except on bosses

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
I agree!!! And i am personally 100% against buying gold/credits for real $. It is juat asking for inflation.

Wewt! Thread is gettin hot fast!

Edit: Ugh.... There are already players voting in the poll WHO DO NOT HAVE BETA.

Otukura
07-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Edit: Ugh.... There are already players voting in the poll WHO DO NOT HAVE BETA. Cough Pios.
Read the rules..

You could PM Sam and see if he could remove it.

Lesrider
07-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Wewt! Thread is gettin hot fast!

Edit: Ugh.... There are already players voting in the poll WHO DO NOT HAVE BETA.

Now I feel like voting just to bother you :p

Phoenixking
07-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Its tied >.

Otukura
07-08-2011, 11:15 PM
I love how currently, the only two "NO" to both are from people who haven't played it :o

Conradin
07-08-2011, 11:17 PM
I love how currently, the only two "NO" to both are from people who haven't played it :o

Ikr- common guys read the rules.

Otukura
07-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Off-topic, but Phar, they're non-REAL Pharcydes running around in SL. They're not level 21(as you say in your sig)!!!

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 11:19 PM
You could PM Sam and see if he could remove it.

Sigh.. Idk. I don't wanna remove opposing parties and make it look like a rigged vote, but at the same time, I really really do not want players to vote who have no blackstar experience. The gameplay is very different. It's not just like a sci-fi PL.

Off-topic, but Phar, they're non-REAL Pharcydes running around in SL. They're not level 21(as you say in your sig)!!!

Cuz a certain pharcyde disabled his exp to kill farm :). If you notice, my level 10 has more kills then a lot of the level 21's :rolleyes:

Phoenixking
07-08-2011, 11:21 PM
I read the rules but i dislike this idea in ways that are complicated to decipher in my mind

Otukura
07-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Cuz a certain pharcyde disabled his exp to kill farm :). If you notice, my level 10 has more kills then a lot of the level 21's :rolleyes:

It's so much easier to farm at 21 I think.. I kill the mobs on the first level of the last campaign just as fast as I kill red star stuff on my level 15 OP. And I think you'd be better off farming at level 12. 90% sure you'll still get kills, and 100% sure you'll be fine at level 11.

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 11:23 PM
I read the rules but i dislike this idea in ways that are complicated to decipher in my mind

Explain how you see it is complicated to decipher in your mind. This is what we call a illogical argument. See how easy it is to counter?

1.) Add a second or so cool down to prevent spamming.
2.) Do nothing to credit drop rates, leave as is.
3.) Hard to decipher, because you haven't played the beta, and voted, hmmmmm????...

Edit: I'm being so stern, because stuff like this tampers the results.

Phoenixking
07-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Well the reason that i dislike the idea is what if you have to kill bosses and still add that put yet might be difficult and if your at verge of killing and same at dying then it might turn bad but do whatever you please

Snippet
07-08-2011, 11:58 PM
I voted for both. As in agree!

Pharcyde
07-08-2011, 11:59 PM
I voted for both. As in agree!

Verified that your a beta tester, and added to list :). Thankyou for your support.

Well the reason that i dislike the idea is what if you have to kill bosses and still add that put yet might be difficult and if your at verge of killing and same at dying then it might turn bad but do whatever you please

That is what HOT & MOT is for. Plus the potions wont be on a insane cool down. 2 seconds at best. Bosses hit hard, but not hard enough to out-damage a HOT, MOT, PPS, PUT, and Pack. Anyways, I'm not gonna discuss this anymore, you have no experience with the dungeon and party mechanics in beta, thus can't make a rational vote in the petition.

Tvis
07-09-2011, 12:19 AM
5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

•Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

•Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

•Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

•Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

•Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

•A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

•False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

•Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.

Probably best to call this a suggestion, not a petition.

Conradin
07-09-2011, 12:22 AM
5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

•Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

•Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

•Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

•Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

•Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

•A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

•False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

•Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.

Probably best to call this a suggestion, not a petition.

Hmm i think people can tell were not bumping in disguise- juwt pushing for something that would really make the game more fun.

Tvis
07-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Hmm i think people can tell were not bumping in disguise- juwt pushing for something that would really make the game more fun.

I'm cool with this; it actually sounds like a fantastic idea.

Pharcyde
07-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Owww... Oops.. Forgot about that one...

Well.. Should we name request this thread, and remove all traces of "Petition?"

Edit: Just PM'ed Samhayne for name change request. It's seems like it's contradicting though. Polls are another form of petitioning. Wonder if something should changed too.

Samhayne
07-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Hey guys.

Good discussion, but closing this thread as let's remove the "petition" part, as yes, it is against the rules. Also, let's remove the poll. We would much rather have constructive discussion framed around the presentation of your idea, rather than who's for or against it. Feel free to remake the thread in that vein.