PDA

View Full Version : this is what i have to say about SL

razerfingers
07-09-2011, 12:21 AM
its too basic for me and to me its all about guns so far everyone has one uses one gold hard to come by and its just not my thing thought it would be cooler i know its still in beta but if it changes when it releases ill maybe play more often and one more thing the characters and guns look too much like legos imo

Ellyidol
07-09-2011, 12:22 AM
It's still a baby, give it time to grow up :)

razerfingers
07-09-2011, 12:25 AM
just thought id throw my opinion out there and no hard feelings devs :cool:

Tvis
07-09-2011, 12:40 AM
I haven't gotten to play the beta, but I see what you mean. Guns will seem kinda bland after awhile, but that could change as the game progresses. Think of PL, the first levels had Green Chain Mail and other ordinary items, however that changed as the levels progressed and now there's a lot of variety. I hope this happens as well in SL. Gold may be cut down in size for the beta, but I don't know. Best to ask a dev. Pinks don't drop in beta, so people don't get a huge head start. The same case may be with gold, but I'm not certain.

From what I've heard, it sounds like their needs to be a change as time goes on. As Ellyidol said, it's growing and needs time to grow. I really like hearing reviews about the game from players such as yourself and like your opinion on things so far. Patience and may the force be with you :D

Pharcyde
07-09-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm hoping this is like pocket legends, 1-25 gear is dull and boring. Then bam! Next thing you know, you get this.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eKjXfFrYvEU/SZ8ItcLbIAI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/FYJxXE_PpGM/s400/cap00007.bmp

If only PL and SL had gear like this... *Dreams*

Fyrce
07-09-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be levels 1-25 forever in SL. I'd give this a chance to grow. I'm liking it more than I thought, but then, with the dirth of scifi MMOs, I'd forgotten how much I like scifi.

Pharcyde
07-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Fyrce - JustG said that they already have the entire storyboard and dungeon list down. It's just a matter of making them. Same with PL. They already have the direction of both games done, all the way up to true end game. That's why I stopped suggesting dungeon idea's :p.

clonefoursix
07-09-2011, 04:49 AM
It's still a baby, give it time to grow up :)

Lol :D Yea, who's gonna be on the iDevice beta on July 20th? I am!

Ellyidol
07-09-2011, 05:13 AM

Is there gonna be an Apple beta? Last I checked, they wouldn't allow any sort of pre-launched product :( So we'd probably have the full version if we get to play on iDevices.

Redbridge
07-09-2011, 05:17 AM

I'll definitely be there, struggling with returning to phone size. You phone players must have small fingers.lol.

Can't wait for iPad version.

Riccits
07-09-2011, 05:33 AM
its like u could play only forest haven, then u would say too the items are boring, but later u come to ao3 ;)

KingFu
07-09-2011, 05:42 AM
As said above, it'll grow. At one time the most exciting item in all of PL were gem staffs (at least IMO)

razerfingers
07-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Maybe its cause i dont really like sci fi and i came into pl when the cap was 50 i think it was when it just hit 50 where someone was excited about their void set they let me see it back when i was lvl 5 lol

Kingofhurtz
07-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Is there gonna be an Apple beta? Last I checked, they wouldn't allow any sort of pre-launched product :( So we'd probably have the full version if we get to play on iDevices.

Nope :(

How was Europe? I leave in 1 week for London...

THC
07-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Give it a chance befor you dismiss it. Mmos like these have the tendency to pull you in with new lvl gear you have to have. And with a good leader board and friends list it should be fun to see how far they can push this space like mmo

razerfingers
07-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Its getting more hope but its becoming slow to lvl imma get to 20 then wait for new stuff

Ellyidol
07-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Nope :(

How was Europe? I leave in 1 week for London...

Ah, I'm hoping by July 20th the full version will be out!

Inbox :)

Acyer
07-10-2011, 11:41 AM
This game imo is great. Lot people mad cause they can't just solo maps unless you want lots of deaths. The armor and weapons are a much needed change from pl. Its a space mmo so the armor is gonna be different.

Cascade
07-10-2011, 12:00 PM
This game is still a beta and they havent even released all the weapons in the beta yet...I love how the npc actually show their faces when they talk to you unlike PL where you just have the symbol of the class up in the corner...i like the money system too...and the clever traps and such...all in all a great game :)

razerfingers
07-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Its alright thats all im gonna say i just dont really like that its all about guns u could have like some plasma swords in there too for the comando but ohh well i dont decide

shynrix
07-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Its alright thats all im gonna say i just dont really like that its all about guns u could have like some plasma swords in there too for the comando but ohh well i dont decide

Second that. but i will still give it a try when the full game is released. I liked PL for its difference in characters. without counting hybrid classes
Bear= "axe,sword,shield" tanking.
Bird= "bow,talon,shield" distance fighter with support.
mouse= "heal,debuff,dmg" distance fighter with support.

If u get tired playing one class u can switch in PL, But in SL the first 6 lvls i have played with three chars is all aboute guns. All main weapons is gun like. And the classes lack the weapons for there names "tasks, storyline"
-I real liked that it only was the engineer that could fix the door in dynastar labs "dungeon"
I would real want to see more class specefi fighting styles and support.

Silentarrow
07-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Ah, I'm hoping by July 20th the full version will be out!

Inbox :)
The game has been said to be released on or before July 20th, lets keep our hopes up that it is before!

SknyAndy
07-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Im really pleased with the game so far. Its new, and im being challenged. Its only been around for a week and the beta is a tiny (possibly "boring") example of whats to come.