PDA

View Full Version : Money Loan Scam. :|

Zaltiar
07-09-2011, 07:29 AM
So recently I've been seeing quite a bunch of people asking for 'money loans'. I'm not sure if this is legit. But sure sounds like a another money scam. I've seen it done 3 times today.
One has even stated he'd give back the money + interest. :|. I've given them warnings but haven't reported as I'm not sure if its a scam or not.
It might be that they actually are legit and plan on buying an item with the money, then selling it for a higher price. Seriously with the time people spend asking for money,
they would have made that amount in the same time doing runs and farming.
(sorry if this is a rant post lol)

K, changing subject, anyone doing victory lap runs tonite? If so add me, ign: Zaltiar

Darkfader
07-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Well those are mostly scams I'm pretty sure. And least I never loan money to anyone who I won't know really good.

JaytB
07-09-2011, 08:01 AM
It's most likely (99.99% sure) an attempt at scamming. I see more and more people do this, because it's a fairly smart way of trying to scam someone. They ask you the money, and probably delete and ignore you afterwards. It's kind of smart because they don't get reported immediately, and chances are to person who lend out his money forgets their user-id. Also, reporting them wouldn't do much because they didn't actually scam... Yet. On top of that, if they do the lending on an alt and on a friends' network/device (so no ip/device trace possible), they could just fake a trade with someone to transfer the money to the real scammer. After all this, they simply delete the (potentially untraceable) alt. There are other tricks that could be applied, but I don't want to give possible scammers ideas here.

To make a long story short, never lend anything to random people. Even lending things to friends can result in unexpected drama.

WJJ
07-09-2011, 08:20 AM
If they are gullible enough to believe that crap they deserve to get scammed.

Juliarulz
07-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Seen it happen sometimes... But most r just begging

giayuan
07-10-2011, 12:38 AM
you shouldnt trust em unless you know the "loaners" fairly well.

rsimone
07-10-2011, 02:55 AM
obvious scam.

op, I was in cs earlier and I think it was you talking to someone who was begging for money.

Be careful what you say, because you may get reported by someone else.

Ignore button is much easier.

Zaltiar
07-10-2011, 03:15 AM
what did i say? was it the bear? he was being annoying, he was asking "GIMMIE GOLD, ITEMS NAO" (or something in that line) over and over. so to shut him up, I gave him a pink item which wasn't worth too much.
He complained afterwards telling me who I was trying to fool. And I replied 'beggars cant be choosers'. If that was offensive I apologize.

JaytB
07-10-2011, 03:25 AM
what did i say? was it the bear? he was being annoying, he was asking "GIMMIE GOLD, ITEMS NAO" (or something in that line) over and over. so to shut him up, I gave him a pink item which wasn't worth too much.
He complained afterwards telling me who I was trying to fool. And I replied 'beggars cant be choosers'. If that was offensive I apologize.

That wasn't offensive IMO

That's why I always either mentally ignore people who beg, or I try to explain them were to farm (but most are just too lazy). If you give them stuff, they'll only want more, or they start thinking that it's normal that people give away stuff. I tend to only give things to people that don't ask for it themselves.

rsimone
07-10-2011, 03:27 AM
I don't remember "beggars can be choosers".

Either way, nothing offenses me.

I'm just saying it would be easier/safer to ignore rather than get involved.