PDA

View Full Version : Good Skill Masteries for ALL Classes!

Kaziscate
03-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Heyo! I've tested out and analyzed all the skill masteries on all classes and came to this conclusion of what skill masteries are good:
-Mage
1.Time Shift Mastery:This skill has a 3.5% chance at 10/10 to freeze weaker enemies.....FOREVER! (literally),but don't let the 3.5% chance make it seem underpowered because this actually procs often if you have the countdown of pain upgrade (the DoT upgrade)
Also please note that panicking or using frost bolt on enemies will cancel out the Time Shift's amazing freezing effect. Nekro,Samael,Clyde,Slag,Grimm,Dovabear,and Arcane Deary owners beware! Also Arcane Deary's Ring's proc doesn't disrupt Time Shift's freeze.
2.Gale Force Mastery:Tired of getting stunned then dying while you are waiting for your shield to be ready again? This is for you! This mastery at 10/10 gives a 4 second buff on using Gale Force that removes ANY debuffs (that includes stuns) every 0.4 seconds. At 10/10, this mastery has 10 ticks in it.
3.Lightning Strike Mastery: At 10/10,this mastery buffs your damage of Lightning Strike even further! (by 10% at 10/10). Here is how significant it is:So,you do 1300 damage on Lightning Strike,add the Empowered Bolt upgrade and now you deal 1495 damage.Add the Positive Surge upgrade and now you can do 3738 damage on critical hits. Now add the 10/10 Lightning Strike Mastery and now you deal 1645 damage on normal attack and 4112 damage on critical attack. That is some good damage.
4.Curse Mastery :Curse is an alright pvp skill and how can you make it a bit more effective? Make it reduce crit by 10% at 10/10! 10% is a significant amount and can be helpful to make it less likely that enemies like rouges will will get the upper hand. If PvP isn't your thing, its also good in elites (just for debuffs) and reducing the the elite enemies' critical chances by 10% makes it a bit easier to stop that one hit crit bs they always do.
-Warrior
1.Horn of Renew Mastery:This mastery makes tanks and your buddies even tankier!At 10/10,this buffs up the armor 4 x (insert caster's lvl here).So heres an example of how this works:So I am level 46 and I cast Horn of Renew with the 10/10 mastery. Me and my buddies now will get a 184 armor armor buff because 4(10/10 Horn of Renew Mastery) times 46(because I am the one who casted Horn of Renew and I am level 46). This will provide 224 armor at level 56.
2.Rally Cry Mastery:Like the Horn of Renew Mastery,this mastery scales towards your level as well! except instead of armor,its strength.At 10/10,this mastery gives you 1.25 strength per character level,though this skill only applies to you unless you use the Call to Arms upgrade to give this to your buddies too. So if you have the Call to Arms upgrade on Rally Cry and have the 10/10 Rally Cry Mastery,at level 46 this will give you and your buddies 58 strength and 70 strength at level 56.
3.Juggernaut Mastery:Juggernaut has the longest skill cool down in the game right now with a cool down of 45 seconds. With the 10/10 mastery,this will shave off 5 seconds of the cool down,making the cool down 40 seconds.
4.Axe Throw Mastery (if you don't do solo runs):This mastery makes sure that all the enemies focused on you instead of your buddies. At 10/10,this mastery provides a 5 second bleed and has a tick rate of 1 second and has a 100% chance per tick to taunt affected enemies.
-Rouge
1.Combat Medic Mastery:Tired of spamming those damn mana pots every second? This mastery finally eliminates that problem! At 10/10, this mastery gives 3.33 x character level back per health kit. So, if you are level 46 and you pick up one of these health kits, you will have 136 mana restored. Though if your buddy is level 25, he will get about 66 mana back.
2.Shadow Veil Mastery: At 10/10 this will have Shadow Veil provide you and your buddies 2.5 damage. This doesn't seem like much,but according to the damage passive skill,this gets amplified based on the bonus damage % you have and other damage modifiers that involve percentage (damage elixir,pet happiness,etc.).If you have 460% bonus damage, this will provide 11.5 damage,but if you also have an arcane pet that has a 15% happiness bonus, this will amp it up to 13.23,and if you also have 30% damage elixir, it will add 17.2 points of damage.
3.Shadow Piercer Mastery: Pair this up with Shadow Absorption and Leading Dagger, and you will be healed 45% of your health at most. How this works is that Shadow Piercer can hit 3 enemies with the Leading Dagger upgrade, and a 10/10 Shadow Piercer Mastery heals you for 5% of your health per each enemy you pierce through (I'm not sure if Rising Death upgrade also applies),healing a total of 15% of your health.Add in the Shadow Absorption upgrade and you will heal a huge chunk of your health. One more thing,the Rising Death upgrade works with this as well so you can get healed even more than 45%!
4.Razor Shield Mastery:Spacetime Studios released an upgrade for Client 1.5 that reduced the armor of rouges and now rouges are desperate to get some more armor and defense. This mastery helps because a 10/10 Razor Shield Mastery reduces damage by 10%,making rouges a bit tougher again like they used to be before the Client 1.5 update.
5.Noxious Bolt Mastery: Pair this with the Lingering Poison upgrade, and now the poison will last up to 10 seconds! Use the Fragmentation upgrade and now the poison does even more damage. At 10/10, this mastery increases the duration of the poison by 4 seconds and buffs its damage by 10%.
6.Shadow Storm Mastery: At 10/10 this mastery increases the impact radius by 2.5 meters and can hit 5 more targets so that u can do lotsa aoe.

Anyways thanks for looking at this post and I hope this helps making skill builds easier and also heres a video that I've made that talks about the same thing as well. well (I kinda stutter a lot and it's a bad habit lol): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjTR2bjg2sE

I've also made a vid that talks about how to make a build out of skill masteries as well:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th9YgRTj0Ic
How skill masteries progress:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?304518-Skill-Masteries-Progression-per-Level&

kinzmet
03-19-2016, 05:43 PM
You forgot the Arcane Shield. If you put 10/10 on the skill mastery of Arcane shield you will gain a woooping 75% damage absorbtion when you charge the skill.
Arcane Shield skill ------------> 30% damage absorb when charged
Extended Shield upgrade -----> 15% damage absorb
Static Resonance upgrade-----> 15% damage absorb
Skill Mastery (1.5% per point)--> 15% damage absorb if 10/10

This is why its so fun to play Sorcerer rigth now :)

ShakeygirlROG
03-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Awesome review of all masteries thank you :)

Sent from my PAP4040_DUO using Tapatalk

mishafeng
03-19-2016, 05:56 PM
I've noticed a few bugs with the time shift mastery.

While it does proc often, it will UNDO its own proc. For example, if an already frozen enemy is hit with another clock it will become UNFROZEN. The newly unfrozen mob will retain its freeze graphic. The frost bolt skill will also undo the perma freeze done by time shift mastery. (Upgrades 1, 3, 4) the mob will remain frozen for the duration of the frost bolt freeze (6s?) And then unfreeze. This is also true for a number of pets. (Slag and a bunch more I can't seem to remember.)
If this glitch is fixed then the time mastery will be very over powered.

I've also found the heal mastery to be COMPLETE garbage in pve. There are no words to describe it. It's simply garbage.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

illwilly
03-19-2016, 06:20 PM

While it does proc often, it will UNDO its own proc. For example, if an already frozen enemy is hit with another clock it will become UNFROZEN. The newly unfrozen mob will retain its freeze graphic. The frost bolt skill will also undo the perma freeze done by time shift mastery. (Upgrades 1, 3, 4) the mob will remain frozen for the duration of the frost bolt freeze (6s?) And then unfreeze. This is also true for a number of pets. (Slag and a bunch more I can't seem to remember.)

I've also found the heal mastery to be COMPLETE garbage in pve. There are no words to describe it. It's simply garbage.

Sent from my XT032 using Tapatalk

Heal in pve? Heal in pve has never been a good choice, it aggro and u give up one dmg skill, making killing 1/4 slower (not accurate but close).

Regarding time shift. I have not tested this mastery, but im pretty sure tooltip on mastery do not say freeze, but if it freeze or do like arcane deary AA/arcane deary ring effect does not really matter, time shift improved freez most mobs anyway, so seems useless imo. But not tested, i thought it did the same as arcane deary AA/deary ring, and even leveling new mage with deary ring is a pain, sometimes u have to run back when mob come back, or miss a mob and boss wont spawn..

Only one ive tested is wind mastery, and its nice for a fire/wind/ts/lightn mage as me, but i loose 5str and 3armor passives, wich saves me on hard hitting elite bosses, making me have to move more o.o

mishafeng
03-19-2016, 06:25 PM
Heal in pve? Heal in pve has never been a good choice, it aggro and u give up one dmg skill, making killing 1/4 slower (not accurate but close).

Regarding time shift. I have not tested this mastery, but im pretty sure tooltip on mastery do not say freeze, but if it freeze or do like arcane deary AA/arcane deary ring effect does not really matter, time shift improved freez most mobs anyway, so seems useless imo. But not tested, i thought it did the same as arcane deary AA/deary ring, and even leveling new mage with deary ring is a pain, sometimes u have to run back when mob come back, or miss a mob and boss wont spawn..

Only one ive tested is wind mastery, and its nice for a fire/wind/ts/lightn mage as me, but i loose 5str and 3armor passives, wich saves me on hard hitting elite bosses, making me have to move more o.o
I realize that heal is not a good skill in pve and that it does aggro mobs, but I do use it to save many many pots in solo and easy runs. (Fire, frost, time shift and heal) but what I meant was that in general the heal skill mastery is complete garbage. It gives little to no HP and doesn't last long enough.

In regards to the time shift mastery, the 'freezing' it does should be indefinite no matter what. That is what would make it a good mastery. Without an indefinite freeze it would be a waste of points.

The only other mastery I can see being good are lightning, shield and 1/10 gale.

eugene9707
03-19-2016, 07:10 PM

Actually... clock mastery freezes the mob for entirety (until you reset it, kill it, or unfreeze it by bug)....
I was having fun with a friend in nordar elite, with ~8 to 9 "frozen mobs" by the clock mastery. We staid in the map for like 30 min+, without gear (she wanted to take screen shots), and the mobs stay frozen for the entire time.

As for the another clock "unfreezing" the mob, it didn't happen for me, but i can confirm that ice bolt unfreeze the mob (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?303714-Mage-Clock-mastery-bug).

As for pets, i haven't test so ya, but it could be same as ice.

will0
03-19-2016, 08:05 PM
i tried curse 7/10 @ PVP it works against rogues but some warrior too with arcane sword but then long CD doesn't really help.. also not sure it is any good in PVE reducing 10% damage when charge?

frost bolt chance freeze is very rare at boss and pvp... i tried too also heal sapling is just nice graphic but rubbish..

with the limited SP now at 46, i can see myself using gale mastery which helps alot.. i love the time shift mastery but just that it dont work in pvp which is nab

Kaziscate
03-19-2016, 09:05 PM
You forgot the Arcane Shield. If you put 10/10 on the skill mastery of Arcane shield you will gain a woooping 75% damage absorbtion when you charge the skill.
Arcane Shield skill ------------> 30% damage absorb when charged
Extended Shield upgrade -----> 15% damage absorb
Static Resonance upgrade-----> 15% damage absorb
Skill Mastery (1.5% per point)--> 15% damage absorb if 10/10

This is why its so fun to play Sorcerer rigth now :)

Yes but it it's a bit rare that enemies will reach the absorption limit of arcane shield.

Kaziscate
03-19-2016, 09:07 PM

There I updated the post but thanks for reminding me about that :)

mishafeng
03-19-2016, 09:11 PM
There I updated the post but thanks for reminding me about that :)
NP! U haven't tested all the pets with stun abilities but I can say that swift and breeze have no effect on the perma freeze. I have a feeling that only pets that require then enemy to MOVE from their stunned position will in stun/freeze them. (Like slags panic makes their arms move etc)

Kaziscate
03-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Awesome review of all masteries thank you :)

Sent from my PAP4040_DUO using Tapatalk

You're welcome :)

Legallyblonde
03-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Rogues
Bomb Mastery: Shadow Veil isn't good even with the masteries because buffs don't stack in this game. You can get Armor and Crit from Effigys which is a better substitute for this skill and doesn't waste a skill slot.

Piercer Mastery: The HP gain from SP, while nice. Isn't important. This mastery could be niche in PvP but Rogues have Medkits and PvE Rogues just have pots. Which Dont cost 10 skill points.

Medkit Mastery: Like medkits themselves this is a bad mastery to get if you play PvE. In PvP the mana it recovers is very beneficial.

Razor Shield Mastery: The 5% armor benefit is good because of the recent rogue nerf. However this move is a double edged sword. The dodge boost and status cleanse is good however the razors draw a lot of aggro from mobs(especially in elites.) and even with a armor boost you will still find yourself getting 1hko'd.

Nox Bolt Mastery: This is really the only absolutely 100% good mastery rogues have. It majes poison damage very powerful and the extended dot makes poison stacking easier.

Kaziscate
03-19-2016, 09:58 PM
Rogues
Bomb Mastery: Shadow Veil isn't good even with the masteries because buffs don't stack in this game. You can get Armor and Crit from Effigys which is a better substitute for this skill and doesn't waste a skill slot.

Piercer Mastery: The HP gain from SP, while nice. Isn't important. This mastery could be niche in PvP but Rogues have Medkits and PvE Rogues just have pots. Which Dont cost 10 skill points.

Medkit Mastery: Like medkits themselves this is a bad mastery to get if you play PvE. In PvP the mana it recovers is very beneficial.

Razor Shield Mastery: The 5% armor benefit is good because of the recent rogue nerf. However this move is a double edged sword. The dodge boost and status cleanse is good however the razors draw a lot of aggro from mobs(especially in elites.) and even with a armor boost you will still find yourself getting 1hko'd.

Nox Bolt Mastery: This is really the only absolutely 100% good mastery rogues have. It majes poison damage very powerful and the extended dot makes poison stacking easier.

If you pair Razor Shield Mastery's 10% dmg reduction with Shadow Veil's 20% armor buff, you will become one tough cookie.

Legallyblonde
03-19-2016, 10:02 PM
That's not how it works, the buffs don't stack.

Kaziscate
03-19-2016, 10:16 PM
That's not how it works, the buffs don't stack.

They are 2 completely different buffs so they should be able to stack.

Gouiwaa9000
03-20-2016, 01:29 AM
Hmm , the mage ones are useless , except clock and shield.... Curse reducing crit is like nerfing it self. We want rogs to crit while under curse , so they will take back more damage . Gale might be good for just some of the left over take users out there , tough nekro shields come in place , making it useless. And lightning : 1% damage per one point ? Seriously ?

illwilly
03-20-2016, 06:16 AM
[QUOTE=eugene9707;2421234]Actually... clock mastery freezes the mob for entirety (until you reset it, kill it, or unfreeze it by bug)....
I was having fun with a friend in nordar elite, with ~8 to 9 "frozen mobs" by the clock mastery. We staid in the map for like 30 min+, without gear (she wanted to take screen shots), and the mobs stay frozen for the entire time.

Then its even more useless.. if u cannot kill em?? But not tested, so i should shut up lol.. the wind mastery pretty nice though, never used shield, but use necro 95% of the time, still beeing stunned by mages in planar with necro, didnt with wind mastery... had to move alott more from red zones now due to loosing str and armor when taking wind mastery though (said before lol).

Hoardseeker
03-20-2016, 06:23 AM
Regarding Curse, if you Take low Damage , Your Skill's Output damage will be Reduced too, Already the curse Skill offers Damage Reduction Upgrade( Reduces the Target's Output damage by 10%) which will also lower the Damage the Opponent takes , it's like a Trade-off , I've Tested it already:

My testing: (Damage Reflected)
Elite Wrath jaw Mob: (Main Skill Only)
1) 255
2) 254
3) 255

Then,(Sub-Upgrade , Words of Weakening)
1) 226
2) 227
2 )224

Indeed, for me it seems to be useless

Legallyblonde
03-20-2016, 08:47 AM
They are 2 completely different buffs so they should be able to stack.

No they're not. Buffs to damage reduction and buffs to armor are both..well.. buffs to armor. And buffs to the same stat don't stack.

eugene9707
03-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Then its even more useless.. if u cannot kill em?? But not tested, so i should shut up lol.. the wind mastery pretty nice though, never used shield, but use necro 95% of the time, still beeing stunned by mages in planar with necro, didnt with wind mastery... had to move alott more from red zones now due to loosing str and armor when taking wind mastery though (said before lol).

LOL its not arcane deary proc, they are permantly stunned, but can take damage.
Imagine a really really long fireball stun :p

I really recommend you give it a try xD

Kaziscate
03-20-2016, 10:07 AM
Hmm , the mage ones are useless , except clock and shield.... Curse reducing crit is like nerfing it self. We want rogs to crit while under curse , so they will take back more damage . Gale might be good for just some of the left over take users out there , tough nekro shields come in place , making it useless. And lightning : 1% damage per one point ? Seriously ?

The thing with Curse is that no matter how much damage an enemy deals, it always returns the same set value of dmg so reducing critical chance doesn't nerf it at all. Heres how Curse works as an example: A normal enemy deals 100 dmg to me and they are cursed,he will receive 400 dmg back. An elite enemy deals 2500 dmg to me and he are also cursed, he will also receive 400 dmg back. Also 10% dmg can really make a big difference.

Behoove
03-20-2016, 10:11 AM
helped me a lot thx

Kaziscate
03-20-2016, 10:30 AM
helped me a lot thx

You're welcome. :)

sidkhanna15
03-20-2016, 01:46 PM
The thing with gale mastery is that , u have to know whether u would be stunned/frozen beforehand or not. Then cast before u get stunned/frozen, otherwise it's utterly useless.

Kaziscate
03-20-2016, 02:36 PM
The thing with gale mastery is that , u have to know whether u would be stunned/frozen beforehand or not. Then cast before u get stunned/frozen, otherwise it's utterly useless.

At 10/10,it lasts for 4 seconds, making it very likely to remove debuffs. This works well with Gale's cool down of 5 seconds,only giving a very short 1 second window of vulnerability.

TW84
03-20-2016, 02:43 PM
No they're not. Buffs to damage reduction and buffs to armor are both..well.. buffs to armor. And buffs to the same stat don't stack.

No they are not. Damage reduction, be it lix or not, does not add armor.

TW84
03-20-2016, 02:46 PM
Axe Throw mastery at 5/10 taunts a lot. Bleed effect is nice and also adds many Aegis stacks! Got 9 "!"-marks over a mobs head throwing it first time. Seems to consistently taunt a lot. Excellent in a boss fight!

But I would like to know if Windmill mastery can add more than 1 target if I go to more than 1/10 in it?

Would be nice if there was a thread with all accumulated masteries. For each stage of mastery. Not just the ones, one person, deem to be "good".

PS. Thanks a lot on current info tho!

TW84
03-20-2016, 03:06 PM
time shift improved freez most mobs anyway, so seems useless imo.

But rooted mobs inside a "normal" 5/5 clock can still attack people. Frozen cannot.

Midievalmodel
03-20-2016, 03:31 PM

Are you positive about this? I always thought damage reduction buff don't affect armor which is different from armor buff which actually increases your armor. I thought they stacked. Because what you are inciting is that a mages arcane shield which has damage reduction or a warriors juggernaut skill which also has damage reduction doesn't stack with buffs that directly increase armor value. I have yet to know anyone that has claimed this is true.

kinzmet
03-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Yes but it it's a bit rare that enemies will reach the absorption limit of arcane shield.

Your not farming in elites? Or even the Planar tombs? Enemies ALWAYS reach absorption limit back when there was no skill mastery.

Coalhouse
03-20-2016, 08:55 PM
Regarding Arcane Shield:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?3909-A-little-learning-is-a-dangerous-thing-Drink-deep-or-taste-not-the-Pierian-spring

Shobhit Chaturvedi
03-21-2016, 12:41 AM
Axe Throw mastery at 5/10 taunts a lot. Bleed effect is nice and also adds many Aegis stacks! Got 9 "!"-marks over a mobs head throwing it first time. Seems to consistently taunt a lot. Excellent in a boss fight!

But I would like to know if Windmill mastery can add more than 1 target if I go to more than 1/10 in it?

Would be nice if there was a thread with all accumulated masteries. For each stage of mastery. Not just the ones, one person, deem to be "good".

PS. Thanks a lot on current info tho!

With 10/10 in Windmill mastery, It can target extra 5 mobs. 1 extra target gets added per 2 skill points used. For detailed info for each stage of mastery check this thread:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?304518-Skill-Masteries-Progression-per-Level&p=2422176#post2422176

TW84
03-21-2016, 02:29 PM
With 10/10 in Windmill mastery, It can target extra 5 mobs. 1 extra target gets added per 2 skill points used. For detailed info for each stage of mastery check this thread:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?304518-Skill-Masteries-Progression-per-Level&p=2422176#post2422176

Thanks, same guy who made this thread. Hehe. :encouragement:

acewasabi
03-22-2016, 01:07 AM
excellent analysis of the new skill masteries, thank you for taking time to explore this and report back.

will0
03-22-2016, 01:45 AM
what is good for mage for mastery? I tried Gale / ICE and shield mostly are ok....

Don't like curse (long CD) / heal sapling is nab / ice lightning Crit (not very useful as only 1% each level) / FB reduce mana is nab too

Harold Aguipo
03-22-2016, 07:01 AM
Is this build for pvp?

Sent from my A11w using Tapatalk

Carapace
03-22-2016, 04:19 PM
Just to clarify on the armor/damage reduction, as well as the damage % versus raw damage values.

Armor % bonus is not the same as a damage reduction bonus and they do indeed stack. This means you can stack the Warriors armor bonus, then shadow veil on top of that armr bonus for a % gain, and then add damage reduction on top of that and it all plays nicely together. These are the sorts of synergies we encourage players to explore and find as a part fo the rogue armor reduction, as all of these elements combining together makes a very tanky rogue indeed. In PvE the benefit of multiple classes and abilities helps everyone compensate for their shortcomings for a more unified PvE experience. PvP is a diferent monster, but everyone seems to be exploring and finding the right ways to use these new masteries to each others benefit.

Damage wise the raw values do scale as the OP stated, but damage % bonus does not stack with other damage % bonus as it will use the highest value. Raw values can be scaled by the damage % bonus for even more damage. An example of this is the Glintstone Gun proc.

Avaree
03-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Just to clarify on the armor/damage reduction, as well as the damage % versus raw damage values.

Armor % bonus is not the same as a damage reduction bonus and they do indeed stack. This means you can stack the Warriors armor bonus, then shadow veil on top of that armr bonus for a % gain, and then add damage reduction on top of that and it all plays nicely together. These are the sorts of synergies we encourage players to explore and find as a part fo the rogue armor reduction, as all of these elements combining together makes a very tanky rogue indeed. In PvE the benefit of multiple classes and abilities helps everyone compensate for their shortcomings for a more unified PvE experience. PvP is a diferent monster, but everyone seems to be exploring and finding the right ways to use these new masteries to each others benefit.

Damage wise the raw values do scale as the OP stated, but damage % bonus does not stack with other damage % bonus as it will use the highest value. Raw values can be scaled by the damage % bonus for even more damage. An example of this is the Glintstone Gun proc.

I enjoy using veil again. Dropped it when i finished the glintstone set. Its a very good survivability skill.

will0
03-22-2016, 10:18 PM
So arcane shield damage 'reduction' is different from 'absorption' care to elaborate? Hardly see any difference when i use this mastery CD same no other effects or whatsoever, if no neckro shield i am dead meat when no shield or heal against others in pvp ..

soon
03-22-2016, 11:16 PM

In Razor Shield Mastery you could add 2 seconds of immortality as the 2 seconds the mage shield has? This will be used to Rogues can go to the front line to the first attack. It would also be helpful to escape the red zones. Something like that is more attractive than the 10% damage reduction.

will0
03-22-2016, 11:28 PM
you just want to become a mage from a rouge, invulnerability is a charge arcane shield skill unique to a class...

Coalhouse
03-22-2016, 11:41 PM
So arcane shield damage 'reduction' is different from 'absorption' care to elaborate? Hardly see any difference when i use this mastery CD same no other effects or whatsoever, if no neckro shield i am dead meat when no shield or heal against others in pvp ..

If you are addressing me, it is all quite clearly explained in the screen shots of the skill descriptions I posted on my blog:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?3909-A-little-learning-is-a-dangerous-thing-Drink-deep-or-taste-not-the-Pierian-spring

If you are still having trouble with the mechanics, it goes like this:

Arcane Shield reduces incoming damage by 30%, or 40% if charged. This is until a certain number of damage points have been absorbed by the shield, then it collapses. The formula used to calculate this number is explained here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?3910-Arcane-Shield-How-it-works-as-of-5-7-13-(For-Reference)

The Static Resonance upgrade adds 15% to the damage reduction, making it 45% or 55% when charged.

The Extended Shield upgrade not only increases the duration of the shield but also the amount of damage it can absorb before breaking

Arcane Shield Mastery also increases the amount of damage the shield can absorb before breaking.

If you carefuly read the skill descriptions, you can see this for yourself.

I hope this helps. If you were not addressing me, sorry to have bothered you.

will0
03-22-2016, 11:44 PM
If you are addressing me, it is all quite clearly explained in the screen shots of the skill descriptions I posted on my blog:

If you are still having trouble with the mechanics, it goes like this:

Arcane Shield reduces incoming damage by 30%, or 40% if charged. This is until a certain number of damage points have been absorbed by the shield, then it collapses. The formula used to calculate this number is explained here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?3910-Arcane-Shield-How-it-works-as-of-5-7-13-(For-Reference)

The Static Resonance upgrade adds 15% to the damage reduction, making it 45% or 55% when charged.

The Extended Shield upgrade not only increases the duration of the shield but also the amount of damage it can absorb before breaking

Arcane Shield Mastery also increases the amount of damage the shield can absorb before breaking.

If you carefuly read the skill descriptions, you can see this for yourself.

I hope this helps. If you were not addressing me, sorry to have bothered you.

i was addressing to public, thanks for the detail explanation though appreciate it

Coalhouse
03-22-2016, 11:47 PM
i was addressing to public, thanks for the detail explanation though appreciate it

Glad to be of service.

You are correct though, in normal PvE it is unusual for an Arcane Shield to exceed its damage capacity before it expires. So, for this purpose it would appear that Arcane Shield Mastery is of limited use.

However, this might be because I boost my sorcerer's strength as much as possible, without detracting from intelligence. Consequently, "its" Arcane Shields are quite robust.

soon
03-23-2016, 02:20 AM
you just want to become a mage from a rouge, invulnerability is a charge arcane shield skill unique to a class...

No, warriors also has invulnerability in health skill. I'm just talking about the problem of surviving the red zones, rogues are always the first to die in them.

What is bad is the elite is skip mobs to stay with the rest of the party. Mages and warrios have skills that allow you to do this easily, even if they are alone.

will0
03-23-2016, 03:15 AM
No, warriors also has invulnerability in health skill. I'm just talking about the problem of surviving the red zones, rogues are always the first to die in them.

What is bad is the elite is skip mobs to stay with the rest of the party. Mages and warrios have skills that allow you to do this easily, even if they are alone.

no mages stands in red zone, invulnerability needs charging by the time you charge and walk to red zone is already gone

soon
03-23-2016, 06:12 AM
no mages stands in red zone, invulnerability needs charging by the time you charge and walk to red zone is already gone

Yes, rogues need to charge to get immunity against Stun. The same goes for the invulnerability of the warrior. I was talking about solutions for pve, no need to add 2 seconds of immortality for pvp.

The weakness of rogues is run in the middle of crowds, past the trolls that kill you in one hit. The players run rengol elite know what I'm talking about.