PDA

View Full Version : ViolentSaint finally made a archer, add SniperSaint :)

Violentsaint
06-07-2010, 08:00 AM
mostly made an archer because Im bored and to make money for my main as its expensive playing a strength enchantress and difficult to make money (and because crossbows are ridiculously oversized and cool)

Im basically gonna lvl up my archer and save up gold for mana pots and experience elixirs and get a friend to help me trade the money across to my main so violentsaint will be stocked up for alien oasis

if your bored and would like to either help me lvl up or donate gold, please add me in-game.

also taking suggestions on the best money making/PVE archer build as i have no clue how to build a decent archer

SlipperyJim
06-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the Dark Side, Violentsaint. (We have cookies!) My Avian is my least-favorite character, but he's fun to play every so often.

The only flaw that I can spot in your money-making scheme is that Archers seem to be the most-popular class, so Archer equipment is in very high demand. The higher demand translates to some ridiculous prices if you want to "pink out" an Archer. On the other hand, most purple loot is nearly as good as the pink stuff and a lot easier to get.

There are lots of Archer builds posted on this very forum. Use the search feature, and go crazy! My personal advice is to raise Str and Int to 12 each (helps with regen rates), and then dump all of your other points into Dex. Dex is the King of all stats, so pile as many points into it as you can get! For skills, max out:

Focus
Blast Shot
Meditation
Evasion

Get those skills at lvl 5 ASAP, and then do anything you want with the rest of your points.

Alternately, if you don't want to play a Dex Avian, the "clever birdy" build seems to be more and more popular. Raise your Int and use Enchantress gear. Apparently, the Nightmare proc from Mojo Wands (and maybe some other Enchantress weapons) combines with the Blast Shot skill to produce a killer combo....

Violentsaint
06-07-2010, 10:36 PM
thanks, i accidently put a point in strengh when i lost connection haha, so i may aswell put 12 point in it now, and ill do the same with int

and this characters just my money making character for my main, i dont care about pink gear for my archer lol

FriedSushi
06-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Well, 22 points less in dex is gonna make a difference of 3-5 dps I think
I don't know if it's worth it

Violentsaint
06-07-2010, 11:24 PM
hey my archer cant lvl past 13, i donno why

FriedSushi
06-08-2010, 06:33 AM
dont u have to play in dark forest now?

KronicDecay
06-08-2010, 08:25 AM
You wont get xp after 13 unless you play dark forest or
higher maps

PvP
06-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Also when you get up there buy a Bayou Bow of the eagle (purple), it only has 2 less dex then a pink Sniper's Bayou Bow. This will end up saving you a good 30k, unless you happen to farm one.

Violentsaint
06-09-2010, 02:32 AM
thanks for the tip pvp

im currently at lvl 15 i think, hoping to get to lvl 19 today, i got some grey crossbow that i wanna use lol

ill be on in a few hours if someone wants to power lvl me :P