PDA

View Full Version : Are you a hardcore gamer? Aghhhh the pain lol

PatsoeGamer
07-09-2011, 10:54 AM
So I decided to be hardcore, man up and play for ridiculously long hours in the evening day after day

Day 1 - felt good, did 4k xp in one evening
Day 2 - felt good, but very tired at night managed 7k in one evening
Day 3 - slight pains, mainly farming gold with my main and then a few hours with my second, couple of k xp
Day 4 - somethings wrong pain in wrist lol It really hurts each time I play

I'm playing like 4-6 hours each time no pots, so it must be considerable wear and tear! So I'm on a roll, but what I'm asking is if you're a hardcore gamer, and your playing hours and hours day after day - got any killer tips to break the pain barrier?

I'm playing of the iPhone, which I think is the problem - guessing most play on the iPad.. I use the joystick control too, it's the hand that uses the joystick that hurts the most. Other option is to just wrap the wrist up in an ice wrap during the day and then take it off at night when I play; living a life like the guy out of fight club, all bandaged up during the day in the real world, and then at night its down to business lol

The first rule about pocket legends club is you do not talk about pocket legends club lol

Maybe there's a way to swap the joystick around to the other side? Is the non joystick way better? When I started playing I never really liked it... Or should I just calm down and not *gulp* play so much?

Oh and big thanks to all who've run with my mage ANTIGLACK :D:D:D

mike1298
07-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Use tap to move.

Conradin
07-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Hmmm I would use tap to move, and try to alternate between your thumbs and your pointer fingers. To use pointers prop the iphone up on something and lay down in-front of it.

Make sure to take a break every hour or so just to get up, walk around and move your hands

Register
07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
you could easily make a stylus. I made one and it worked pretty good but then i broke it lol..too hardcore of a player :D You could make the tip really precise and put the device on a table and use two but its pretty fun to use every now and again.

Ixillicus
07-09-2011, 12:32 PM
When your hand gets tired, use tap to move and play with a banana. The iPhone touch screen will recognize the input. It won't recognize the input of a plan ol' stylus.

Roasty
07-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Don't kill yourself Patty.

Lesrider
07-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Now I'm picturing in my head someone playing PL with a banana and just can't shake the image.

Register
07-09-2011, 04:28 PM
When your hand gets tired, use tap to move and play with a banana. The iPhone touch screen will recognize the input. It won't recognize the input of a plan ol' stylus.

lol you have to make the stylus first tho. You just have to use foil to shape it and use a pencil as a base if you want and use little amounts of tape in little strips. It works! It cant be a plain ol' stylus because the foil keeps the heat from the finger within the foil and sends it to the screen. The tape makes it work a little less good tho so you have to use little amounts. If you want you could search it and youll find some pretty good guides.

Ixillicus
07-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Now I'm picturing in my head someone playing PL with a banana and just can't shake the image.

Playing with the banana got way easier once GCD slowed down skill usage.

ZeraJade
07-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Dang I need to get to the produce section fast!

I was in Walgreens last night and saw an iPhone holder/game controller for $5. It makes sense I suppose but you would be double thumbing it I guess. I tried the joystick and I'm just not that coordinated to use it. Games like that cod zombies(?) were you use both thumbs... ack! Sometimes my elbows are sore from playing :)

Fyrce
07-10-2011, 06:04 AM
I don't think I'm that hardcore, but sometimes there's things you gotta do. I try not to go over about an hour sessions, though sometimes, I'll stick with a good group for a few hours. And sometimes you just hurt a bit, take a break, and keep going. And sometimes you play like 5+ hours per day over 5 days, and then have to take a few days break from too much playing to rest your hands :p

Fatpigwarrior
07-10-2011, 06:43 AM
I don't think I'm that hardcore, but sometimes there's things you gotta do. I try not to go over about an hour sessions, though sometimes, I'll stick with a good group for a few hours. And sometimes you just hurt a bit, take a break, and keep going. And sometimes you play like 5+ hours over 5 days, and then have to take a few days break from too much playing to rest your hands :pFive ours 5 days????
In 7 days i play 16 hours atleast and im not hurt at eyes or hands 'n' arms

Fyrce
07-10-2011, 08:12 PM
LOL. I skipped a few words. Added :P That would be 5+ hours per day. More like 8+ hours per day over 5 days. Though after 3 days, it gets a bit much.

2 hours per day over 7 days is like nothing. LOL.

PatsoeGamer
07-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks for all the tips! :banana::banana::banana:

xero
07-11-2011, 07:58 AM
ATM, I'm playing ROUGHLY 16-18 hours lol (yeah I have no life... well I do... I work from home.) I'm fine with 4 hrs of sleep then 2 hours where I excercise, then its back to the grind (more so now than ever since I hit 55 today lol). Ill take breaks where I just goto balefort castle, check my auctions, then i set my droid down and do wrist exercises so they don't get stiff and start to hurt.

Taking breaks and doing finger-cises ( ie moving your fingers to keep them limber). I've developed and used this technique since I first started playing console games. It works for me ;)

Don't know if my tips will help you or not, but its worth a shot.

PatsoeGamer
09-27-2011, 11:37 AM
just thought I'd post a follow up! I got this today been playing for hours and no pain whatsoever!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAME-HOLDER-PAD-CONTROLLER-GRIP-IPHONE-3G-3GS-4-4G-/120637237373?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item1c168a287d