PDA

View Full Version : Incinerateing Balance: Munch Mouth AA Massively OP in PvP

Niixed
03-20-2016, 09:29 AM
The new arcane pet Munch Mouth's aa is able to one-hit endgame Warriors with top gear and with Juggernaut active. There are multiple reports and videos demonstrating the issue.

Devs, please take another look at this pet's aa because it is insanely overpowered and will quickly destroy PvP at all levels, giving the decisive and unfair advantage to Munch Mouth owners.

Niixed
03-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Titanfall reports as well....

Anyone? STS trying to turn PvP into 5v5 whoever presses AA first and banishes the other team?

Here is the video:
https://vimeo.com/159684484

Behoove
03-20-2016, 10:13 AM
agree with you 100%, that pet is way to op

Zylx
03-20-2016, 02:29 PM
I believe this pet was only intended to incinerate only in PvE. I doubt if it was, but if it was intended for PvP, obviously STS didnt think things through..

Zeus
03-20-2016, 04:16 PM
It's actually has a very small range (4-6MM). It's only OP if you let it get close to you which brings me to my next question: why get close in combat?

Midievalmodel
03-20-2016, 04:32 PM
It's actually has a very small range (4-6MM). It's only OP if you let it get close to you which brings me to my next question: why get close in combat?

From a warrior's point of view I kinda have to get close in order to hit people.

Niixed
03-20-2016, 04:36 PM

It is unprecedented for a pet aa to be able to instantly kill a top geared player of any class in PvP. I don't think it's good for balance and I hope it is unintentional. As for the range, the aa may be short range, but the pet itself has the same leash length as any other pet. A player welding the pet would only need to wait a moment for the pet to move in close enough and deliver the tactical nuke.

Zeus
03-20-2016, 04:37 PM
From a warrior's point of view I kinda have to get close in order to hit people.

Yes, but you also have HoR, SS, Axe to distance and protect yourself from the pet. This is just my opinion though having had fight against it in a clash.

It makes for an interesting clash, IMO, and people have to think how to fight against it.

Again though, this is just my opinion. I just don't see the reason of why STG made it a different name than banish and put all these checks and balances if it wasn't intentional.

It is unprecedented for a pet aa to be able to instantly kill a top geared player of any class in PvP. I don't think it's good for balance and I hope it is unintentional. As for the range, the aa may be short range, but the pet itself has the same leash length as any other pet. A player welding the pet would only need to wait a moment for the pet to move in close enough and deliver the tactical nuke.

Hmm, when testing with papalicks, I found that the leash was quite short.

The only thing I would change about this pet is that it shouldn't one hit tanks through juggernaut. Everything else is fair game, IMO. Taking this ability away from the pet would just render it useless.

Mucsi
03-20-2016, 04:44 PM
Yes, but you also have HoR, SS, Axe to distance and protect yourself from the pet. This is just my opinion though having had fight against it in a clash.

It makes for an interesting clash, IMO, and people have to think how to fight against it.

Again though, this is just my opinion. I just don't see the reason of why STG made it a different name than banish and put all these checks and balances if it wasn't intentional.

The only thing I would change about this pet is that it shouldn't one hit tanks through juggernaut. Everything else is fair game, IMO. Taking this ability away from the pet would just render it useless.
How ss&axe would save us? If the pets coming always to attacking us..

Zeus
03-20-2016, 04:48 PM
How ss&axe would save us? If the pets coming always to attacking us..

You can either toss the player aside, which would also remove the pet from reach. As I said, it's a very short range. Unless the pet is quite literally on top of you, it's not going to incinerate you. Or, if you can't do that, you can use SS & Axe as movement skills to avoid the pet. If I am too close to this pet, I SP out of its range.

If those don't work, you can quite literally outrun the pet as well with a simple Nekro AA.

Kriticality
03-20-2016, 04:56 PM
Rogues one hit in pvp too. They're pets now. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Kidding. The incinerate doesn't happen frequently at all in vs. Zeus still whooping me. Although there is a great satisfaction in incinerating these terminator warriors in pvp with the sword and sets. If you're out of range it can't incinerate. I think it makes things interesting and fun. And funny. I think it would be fun to stay. Maybe limit the low chance to incinerate to only one person per aa. Feels a lot like getting pulled into 50 lava pools except it happens faster. Pretty funny imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus
03-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Rogues one hit in pvp too. They're pets now. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Kidding. The incinerate doesn't happen frequently at all in vs. Zeus still whooping me. Although there is a great satisfaction in incinerating these terminator warriors in pvp with the sword and sets. If you're out of range it can't incinerate. I think it makes things interesting and fun. And funny. I think it would be fun to stay. Maybe limit the low chance to incinerate to only one person per aa. Feels a lot like getting pulled into 50 lava pools except it happens faster. Pretty funny imo.

Personally, I think the number of people that it can incinerate is fine. I would just make it so that it cannot incinerate through jugg. After jugg is over though, it's fair game. I do like your idea of limiting incinerates though.

Tatman
03-20-2016, 05:07 PM
Trying to justify a pet insta killing people in pvp, gotta say Im puzzled.

Not all that surprised though, I already predicted such a pet as a next step way back when Nekro was buffed. I'm not sure what follows though. :)

Morholt
03-20-2016, 05:17 PM
When I saw the released info for Munch, I assumed 'incinerate' was essentially like banish, but worked as a Dragon Hunter Staff's proc on steroids; something like it'll do 10% of a target's full health every .25 seconds for 5 seconds or until the target is dead. Assumed it to be like banish and work in pve only.

Incinerate being full on banish in PvP? Seems a bit much. I can't wait to see the uproar in the twink community, "warriors just run around with HoR and juggernaut, in between waiting to tap Munch again."

If incinerate is meant to be working in pvp, at least give players a chance to survive it rather than be a full on instant death. Letting it have the mechanics like I described/guessed at would be like a death sence, unless a warrior can cast HoR in time, mages use shield and heal, and rogues use all 3 health packs. It would still leave players very vulnerable.

Niixed
03-20-2016, 05:23 PM

What happens with multiple MM on each side, one side has zero MM and the other has 4-5, or EVERYONE in the game has one. LOLYIKES! I just don't see how this AA can be viable for game balance.

Oezheasate
03-20-2016, 05:39 PM

When did this become pet legends?
A pet shouldnt be able to one hit any class from 100%-0%, your basically just having another team player because its just like a rogue who crits 10k on you, havent seen any rogue crit 10k in pvp btw, so basically above a rogue.

Motherless_Child
03-20-2016, 06:35 PM

You are so right...........

Niixed
03-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Posting pet aa description for the purpose of clarity...

Questions:

There's a "chance" to instantly kill, is it a high chance?

No skill exists that grants a chance to instantly kill. Is it appropriate to have a pet that can instantly kill in PvP, even if by chance?

If allowed to retain this ability, will Munch Mouth become overly dominant in PvP as Nekro has?

Will the presence of multiple Munch Mouth pets, a maximum of 5 per side in CTF, 4 in TDM, create an imbalance in PvP?

Kriticality
03-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Posting pet aa description for the purpose of clarity...

Questions:

There's a "chance" to instantly kill, is it a high chance?

No skill exists that grants a chance to instantly kill. Is it appropriate to have a pet that can instantly kill in PvP, even if by chance?

If allowed to retain this ability, will Munch Mouth become overly dominant in PvP as Nekro has?

You're Mage. Aimed shot been instantly killing since 2014. Hehe. I'm happy to play with anyone that wants to see it. I'd put the incinerate percentage at 10% or below. As a Mage I think it's funny to see other classes have to worry about what we worry about however there should be limitations. To the idea of having 4-5 munch on a side, just do like nekro. Can't overlap. Have to wait to use. It does feel very swordish. Some adjustments are probably in order. I'm not sure feeble alone is worth it to use an "arcane" pet but perhaps it is. Will have to play with it more.

Niixed
03-20-2016, 09:13 PM
You're Mage. Aimed shot been instantly killing since 2014. Hehe. I'm happy to play with anyone that wants to see it. I'd put the incinerate percentage at 10% or below. As a Mage I think it's funny to see other classes have to worry about what we worry about however there should be limitations. To the idea of having 4-5 munch on a side, just do like nekro. Can't overlap. Have to wait to use. It does feel very swordish. Some adjustments are probably in order. I'm not sure feeble alone is worth it to use an "arcane" pet but perhaps it is. Will have to play with it more.

Aimed can possibly instakill with high damage output but Aimed doesn't actually trigger an RNG roll to instakill or not.

Does Arcane Shield protect mages vs Incinerate?

Maybe there are pvp alternatives, like if the AA had a chance to reduce health by 75% instead of instantly kill.

Kriticality
03-20-2016, 09:15 PM
Aimed can possibly instakill with high damage output but Aimed doesn't actually trigger an RNG roll to instakill or not.

Does Arcane Shield protect mages vs Incinerate?

Maybe there are pvp alternatives, like if the AA had a chance to reduce health by 75% instead of instantly kill.

That sounds cool too. I'm open to anything. Pet is neither here nor there for me. Just provides some humor mostly. If they nerf then they nerf. Don't really need it. Doesn't feel like it affects the outcome that much overall. However I'm sure it seems that way in individual rounds in a clash.

zerofort
03-20-2016, 09:41 PM
Wow I'm just amazed how any one could think this would be ok. Pvp= pet vs pet or player vs player this is a very bad derection I thought after nekro things couldn't get worse. Pvp in this game is only about gear if that's the way ppl want it what ever I prefer using skill but that's just me . Let's just alow banish in pvp why not?

Titanium
03-21-2016, 02:20 AM
Tanks these days , man!!

Whenever they can't spam pools in pvp or they stack other tank friends they have a small window of time to complain on forum cause they have just another small little disadvantage.

BerryDroid
03-21-2016, 03:33 AM
dnt talk to much and always complaint,

just buy 0ne for ur self, DONE!

Leprechaun
03-21-2016, 05:21 AM
The new arcane pet Munch Mouth's aa is able to one-hit endgame Warriors with top gear and with Juggernaut active. There are multiple reports and videos demonstrating the issue.

Devs, please take another look at this pet's aa because it is insanely overpowered and will quickly destroy PvP at all levels, giving the decisive and unfair advantage to Munch Mouth owners.

Zeus is against the nerf, thread closed, end of story :)

Oezheasate
03-21-2016, 06:38 AM
dnt talk to much and always complaint,

just buy 0ne for ur self, DONE!

And another mm owner with the cerebral capacity slightly below his mm.

Dex_addict
03-21-2016, 07:04 AM
*sings "Wooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaah.....the map is on fiiyyaaaahh!"

Youngwezzy209
03-21-2016, 01:58 PM
This is total BS and it needs to get nerfed ASAP

Merchadia
03-21-2016, 02:00 PM
And another mm owner with the cerebral capacity slightly below his mm.

Hahahhaha

Youngwezzy209
03-21-2016, 02:15 PM
For those who are against this nerf are the one's who brought it, maybe looted, and spent over 16-23mil for if, reason why they are against it if it nerfed price will most likely drop. C'mon now banish in pvp rooms??? That insane and how can players possibly vs when being one hitted, trying to avoid won't work if the opposite players knows what he's doing summoning a pet will only put it next to you so why even bother to hide behind walls. This pet is unfair and will most likely give the other team an advantage and in vs, this pet needs to get ''NERFED'' imminently

Remiem
03-21-2016, 02:38 PM
Hey guys, I responded to another thread about this as well, but to loop back around, I do not believe that this was intended. Design will be investigating and I will update you all in the next community update.

will0
03-21-2016, 05:40 PM
yes !! nerf it else no one can sell it > 25m now ... what the point of it though having this only arcane pet with small chance of the AA skill good against warrior with arc sword now trying dominate pvp. Mage or rogues dont stand much chance against them with all the axe pull and stunning with lava spouts let alone against 2-3 of them ganging us as food .... come join us in pvp you will see how hard is it to pvp now against them .

Zeus
03-21-2016, 05:50 PM
Hey guys, I responded to another thread about this as well, but to loop back around, I do not believe that this was intended. Design will be investigating and I will update you all in the next community update.

If STG is nerfing this, they need to take another look at the warrior sword again. With all the balancing issues, the sword overriding stun immunity still is not fixed. Furthermore, the full stun duration is also present when it should not be. Stuns in PvP last 2-3 seconds, but the stun the lava pools give is 3+ seconds. Additionally, they stack with each other and ignore the 7 second cooldown between stuns still.

This hasn't been fixed.

There's also the issue with rogue daggers proc being ignored if there's stun immunity present.

konafez
03-21-2016, 08:54 PM
How bout they nerf all classes in PvP till you can just beat each other to a pulp with tree branches...

Just leave pve alone..

Vixenne
03-21-2016, 11:18 PM
How bout they nerf all classes in PvP till you can just beat each other to a pulp with tree branches...

Just leave pve alone..

I'd actually love that. All this commotion and drama came from TWO sources: PvP & the bloody people in this game who act like they're gods just coz they have everything in this game. Their ego issues not only damaged this game but also everyone who has nothing to do with their Drama Queen world.

#SorryNotSorry

Morholt
03-21-2016, 11:21 PM

Just leave pve alone..Because Tree Branch is a Mage only weapon. Rogues and Warriors can't equip them. :D

Hulkystash
03-22-2016, 12:10 AM
They will remove this problem im sure it meant to banish only on pve just wait till wednesday it will bw gone.

Redjellydonut
03-22-2016, 12:20 AM
LOL 25m wasted for the silly players who rushed out and bought .-. Though it wont banish players anymore in pvp i think it is a good idea for it to deal a good amount of dmg... More that nekro imo. I dont own one or plan on doing any time soon but i think AL needs a new op pet, enough nekros and sns.

killarrow
03-22-2016, 01:19 AM
If STG is nerfing this, they need to take another look at the warrior sword again. With all the balancing issues, the sword overriding stun immunity still is not fixed. Furthermore, the full stun duration is also present when it should not be. Stuns in PvP last 2-3 seconds, but the stun the lava pools give is 3+ seconds. Additionally, they stack with each other and ignore the 7 second cooldown between stuns still.

This hasn't been fixed.

There's also the issue with rogue daggers proc being ignored if there's stun immunity present.

There seems to be a deliberate trend in bugs (most new items since last two years) that specifically targets the popping community. Poor popping folks they loose IRL cash and cant digest when things get nerfed as the value drops.

Its difficult for hoarders to see hoarded items loose value too quick but that's how STG can make a steady source of income. There is a business revenue model driving the itemization in this game which is deeper than the stats/ mechanics ..etc of this game.

Zeus
03-22-2016, 11:11 AM
The stun rate isn't as big an issue as the proc rate for the sword is.

Stun overrides nekro shield but nott the mage Arcane shield as far as I can see. Even then the stun is slightly less devastating than when you get stunned without a nekro shield encompassing you.

P.S.: wouldn't a thread about this be better than replying to mod posts.

It's still a big issue because once you get stunned you won't be mobile again until you're dead...it's a bug & an important one too.

The sword ignores pretty much all PvP rules and STG has only fixed the major one.

Jexetta
03-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Trying to justify a pet insta killing people in pvp, gotta say Im puzzled.

Not all that surprised though, I already predicted such a pet as a next step way back when Nekro was buffed. I'm not sure what follows though. :)

A wild Jex appears

A pet that always insta-kills but consumes 1 plat per kill/aa use ofc!

Throws smoke bomb

Platfarmer
03-22-2016, 11:24 PM
LOL 25m wasted for the silly players who rushed out and bought .-. Though it wont banish players anymore in pvp i think it is a good idea for it to deal a good amount of dmg... More that nekro imo. I dont own one or plan on doing any time soon but i think AL needs a new op pet, enough nekros and sns.

Would be funny if they changed it to teleport the player away into another part of the map

Sundar Moorthi
03-23-2016, 03:30 AM
Pls nerf mouth much aa and tank sword ,. now am seeing in pvp's 3tanks vs 3mages 2rogue clash finished in 7seconds

Bluebatthing
03-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Looky here....
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?305171-Remiem-s-Weekly-Community-Update-March-23-2016

Ulfric
03-24-2016, 05:29 AM

looool im sorry what did u just say? can you please repeat it again? rotflmao

Gorecaster
03-24-2016, 06:06 AM
Nerf this nerf that...It's getting pretty funny really. Never is anything tested. How can devs not know mm is incinerating in pvp...?

will0
03-24-2016, 09:58 AM
Boring nerf legends oh hails warrior's arcane swords no need any more dps..