PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain WHY MunchMouth's AA one shots players in PvP?

Titanfall
03-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Anyone? STS trying to turn PvP into 5v5 whoever presses AA first and banishes the other team?

Here is the video:
https://vimeo.com/159684484

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Trenton
03-20-2016, 09:37 AM
I'm assuming that it's the incinerate that does it ofc which is basically a banish, but it's probably a bug that allows it in PvP. Every other pet who can banish only allows it in PvE, I don't see an exception for this pet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

konafez
03-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Grimm banished in PvP for the longest time..

Then they fixed it ..two days after I got him......do you hate me Sts?

crudmudgeon
03-20-2016, 11:41 AM
Sweet bug... and sts is swamped with Unban requests... probably be bugged a while

Bidiel
03-20-2016, 11:41 AM
jajaja op pet XD

Schnitzel
03-20-2016, 12:55 PM
And that was the day every non-MunchMouth user stopped playing PvP lel

Extreme2014
03-20-2016, 03:32 PM
Lol Zeus is taking advantage of this bug and he's saying the AA of this pet is op and is trying to sell the egg and sold it for 23m .He knows it's a bug but writing it as a true AA.

Zeus
03-20-2016, 04:11 PM
Lol Zeus is taking advantage of this bug and he's saying the AA of this pet is op and is trying to sell the egg and sold it for 23m .He knows it's a bug but writing it as a true AA.

It's not a banish, it's incinerate. If it did the same thing as a banish, why not call it banish? This is why I have not posted it as a bug despite having to fight against it.

Additionally, having to fight against it...it has a very small range (4-6MM) so only if the pet is on top of you will it have a chance to incinerate you.

Please don't instigate me.

"Pillar of the community "

Everyone else who's had the egg has sold it for 20M+. It's actually not even my egg, but why am I not allowed to sell it for a similar price? Ridiculous.

Bluebatthing
03-20-2016, 04:20 PM
Justify it however you want, any pet that has the ability to insta-kill in pvp is essentially moving away from the "balance" STS is trying to achieve.
It's not a banish, it's incinerate. If it did the same thing as a banish, why not call it banish? This is why I have not posted it as a bug despite having to fight against it.

Additionally, having to fight against it...it has a very small range (4-6MM) so only if the pet is on top of you will it have a chance to incinerate you.

Please don't instigate me.

Everyone else who's had the egg has sold it for 20M+. It's actually not even my egg, but why am I not allowed to sell it for a similar price? Ridiculous.

Zeus
03-20-2016, 04:23 PM
Justify it however you want, any pet that has the ability to insta-kill in pvp is essentially moving away from the "balance" STS is trying to achieve.

Personally, I'm able to fight against it and win as long as you know the pets weaknesses. Ask Papa if you don't believe me. It's not as OP as people make it out to be. If you're Rambo and rush the player with munch mouth, sure it's OP. If you don't though, it has a short leash and a short AA range. Why make these compromises if it wasn't intended? Why not give it the same range as Nekro or the same range as Samael.

Take a look at Nekro vs. Scorch, while their abilities are similar they were named differently because they had different functions. Did anyone stop to think this may be the case with this? People are seeing 3 second videos and making so many assumptions without even having to fight and analyze the pet for themselves.

No, I don't own a munch mouth.

Adapt and survive.

Bluebatthing
03-20-2016, 04:44 PM
Unless tanks can shoot arrows and throw fireballs, I don't see how they can avoid close quarter fighting. Also, you're saying people are making assumptions, but you yourself are assuming that people don't have the pet and haven't fought against it to voice their opinions? Then you went on and state you don't own the pet...please dude.
Personally, I'm able to fight against it and win as long as you know the pets weaknesses. Ask Papa if you don't believe me. It's not as OP as people make it out to be. If you're Rambo and rush the player with munch mouth, sure it's OP. If you don't though, it has a short leash and a short AA range. Why make these compromises if it wasn't intended? Why not give it the same range as Nekro or the same range as Samael.

Take a look at Nekro vs. Scorch, while their abilities are similar they were named differently because they had different functions. Did anyone stop to think this may be the case with this? People are seeing 3 second videos and making so many assumptions without even having to fight and analyze the pet for themselves.

No, I don't own a munch mouth.

Adapt and survive.

Zeus
03-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Unless tanks can shoot arrows and throw fireballs, I don't see how they can avoid close quarter fighting. Also, you're saying people are making assumptions, but you yourself are assuming that people don't have the pet and haven't fought against it to voice their opinions? Then you went on and state you don't own the pet...please dude.

I've tested the pet with someone who does own it and I've fought against many people with it. I think, other than an owner themself, I have quite a bit of experience knowing how to combat this pet. Check the other thread to avoid fighting close quarters for tanks. I've also said that I do not think it should one hit tanks through juggernaut. Other than that though, the pet is fine as it is. If it's nerfed, it will ruin the pet and ultimately make it useless.

No, I'm not assuming...I know certain people have not. They are just taking videos posted on Line groups by people who HAVE tested the pet and making threads without ever actually fighting against the pet in person. If they did fight against it, as long as they have proper attention to detail skills, they will be able to realize the strengths and weaknesses of the pet.

Basically, if you rush a user of this pet, you will die. If you don't die from the incinerate, you will die due to the extended duration feeble. However, if you keep out of range and use your skills/pet AAs, you will do fine against this pet.

Quick Question: Who was the pet owner in this video? I already know because I'm the one who posted that video.

Schnitzel
03-20-2016, 05:20 PM
Quick Question: Who was the pet owner in this video? I already know because I'm the one who posted that video.

I'm guessing since it was a duel between Eat and Blipz in the video, and Eat died, so probably Blipz?

Zeus
03-20-2016, 05:53 PM
I'm guessing since it was a duel between Eat and Blipz in the video, and Eat died, so probably Blipz?

Yeah, forgot it showed who at the end of the video. My point is that video source came from Blipz -> Me -> Line. A lot of the people complaining haven't even tested the pet fully.

Saud
03-20-2016, 06:02 PM
I thought about something
not 100% nerf, but maybe none can complain after .
when mage arcane shield is active the pet can't 'incinerate'
when warrior have his jugg active
the pet can't 'incinerate'
when rogue razor shield is active
the pet can't 'incinerate'
what you think??

Extreme2014
03-20-2016, 06:11 PM
I like it. People admit they somehow share accounts and they admit they don't have the egg.

Visiting
03-20-2016, 06:19 PM
I've played a few games against it and so far from what I've seen, it's not OP in any way, I've seen it incinerate a total of 2-3 times within a few hours of clashing..

Oezheasate
03-20-2016, 06:25 PM
I've played a few games against it and so far from what I've seen, it's not OP in any way, I've seen it incinerate a total of 2-3 times within a few hours of clashing..

I got oneshotted through jugg three times in a row, all luck but its too op, period.

Serillia
03-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Adapt and survive.

This. So many people need to do this.

Visiting
03-20-2016, 08:54 PM

Nope, stagnation is life.

zerofort
03-20-2016, 09:47 PM
Zues just cuz I call a dog a cat don't make it a cat. Both incenerate and banish r one hit kills are they not? Lol zues your so full of it. I'm sure ur taking full advantage of this bug idc any way destroy pvp more just cuz it's 2 ur benifit

Zeus
03-21-2016, 01:30 AM
Zues just cuz I call a dog a cat don't make it a cat. Both incenerate and banish r one hit kills are they not? Lol zues your so full of it. I'm sure ur taking full advantage of this bug idc any way destroy pvp more just cuz it's 2 ur benifit

I don't even own this pet...

herculeans
03-21-2016, 01:33 AM
I don't even own this pet...

U sold one ;/

BerryDroid
03-21-2016, 03:30 AM
dnt talk to much and always complaint,

just buy 0ne for ur self, DONE!

Rogueuchiha
03-21-2016, 06:08 AM
Dont fight guys xD, just wait next update

Bmwmsix
03-21-2016, 06:24 AM
Because Pvp was always ment to be PET versus PET...

Can yo dig it? :banana:

Fredystern
03-21-2016, 09:16 AM
Lol zeus you reply lots of people here '-'

Trenton
03-21-2016, 10:05 AM
U sold one ;/
If you can give one damn reason this actually matters, then please, explain.

Redjellydonut
03-21-2016, 10:39 AM
So basically if i vs another tank (i use tank) and he has MM he automatically wins!? Tanks fight close quarters period... I think i wouldnt might if it had a chance to deal -%50 of your current hp, thats still good and at least its not a banish.

herculeans
03-21-2016, 11:26 AM
If you can give one damn reason this actually matters, then please, explain.

Any problem with you? I said it to Zeus not to u :p

Gouiwaa9000
03-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Gotta argee with Zeus , tough I don't own the pet , I was in a few battles against it. And it's actually very fun. It brings atleast some skill requirement back to PvP. With this pet PvP won't be just hiding behind tanks and spamming skills. I don't know is this a bug or it was intended , but it ended out being fun. Tough it may need some tweaking , like making it unable to one-hit tanks through jug and mage through shield . It can be replaced with a 20% of HP damage , and a 80% HP damage through nekro shield and razor. I think it will be fear that way. Each klass will get a skill that reduces the lethal effect of the pet. Considering that rogs can crit up to 8k in PvP and have sp , it won't be a problem avoiding the pet , or atleast killing it's owner fast enough .

mapenjay
03-21-2016, 11:52 AM
me grabs a popcorn :)

Remiem
03-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Hey guys. I'll bring this up with design. :) My guess is that Incinerate should not be working in PvP.

Gouiwaa9000
03-21-2016, 12:01 PM
And also , this pet has like 5% chance to inticigrate .... So you will have to be "lucky" for it to work. Somebody who keeps staying near to this pet , after the owner used the AA multiple times deserves to die XD and again , I do not own the pet , and I am not selling the egg . I don't even buy plat. Just pure logic

Bluebatthing
03-21-2016, 12:54 PM
What some people fail to realize is pvp at low levels is an integral part of AL, like it or not. Discussing this subject from an end-game point of view only is just plain ignorant. Any pet that has the ability to instantly kill another player in pvp will upset the balance we so desperately need. If this AA is allowed to stay as is, pretty soon MM owners will be playing with themselves, but looks like it will get fixed from what Remiem posted.

PS Oh, this pet adds close to 300 armor, imagine a low lvl tank with this pet.

Americabud
03-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Adapt and survive.

I guess thats not the case with the rouge armour nerf 0.0 pick and choose!

Oezheasate
03-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Nuuu , it will render the pet useless. And make people who bough it for 20m++ even more angry XD its fun addition to PvP. Right now people in PvP just rush in to each other head first under nekro and spam skills. Now it will require more skill and strategy . MM users will be targeted first in PvP. So using the pet will also be dangerous . just imagine how much fun it will be planing a clash this way . Deciding how to take down/distract the MM user fast so he won't target mages/tanks .. And now there will be something to "protect" in your team , Probably reducing the armor and str bonus from the pet could balance it , making its owner more vulnerable to attacks

You clearly have never played against the pet and as your signature suggests give out nub oppinions on it, please play against it, test it, compare it and once you can provide with an informed oppinion come back. If you want pvp to be pet vs pet instead of player vs player go ahead and try to prevent it getting nerffed. Not one single pet hits harder than the players using it, this one does tho. Please dont be a random commenter with no clue whatsoever about what hes saying.

Bluebatthing
03-21-2016, 12:57 PM
You should post this on the armor nerf thread, adapt and survive right?? LMAO
Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Adapt and survive.

I guess thats not the case with the rouge armour nerf 0.0 pick and choose!

Americabud
03-21-2016, 01:02 PM
You should post this on the armor nerf thread, adapt and survive right?? LMAO

Seriously lol

butterspar
03-21-2016, 01:53 PM

Wut you're playing again? :O Ign?

Pedgon
03-21-2016, 02:21 PM
You are all so funny:hopelessness:..since when "banish" or "incinerate" or whatever it is can happen in pvp areas??? YES!! IT IS A BUG!! I don't even understand all this drama and talk about it, seems so obvious no?? pfuu..-.- Otherwise, let's make samael, nekro, sns, maridos and grimm banish in pvp areas..yee..RIP skilled players, your job is done! :sorrow:

Kakashis
03-21-2016, 02:23 PM
I think it would be cool to have Russian roulettes banish pet in pvp. Sometimes the teams are stacked or are dead locked. Even if you're ganged 9 to 1 in ctf, you can totally still get a kill or two from this pet. Eventually both teams can have one shot insta kills and I think it would be somewhat fun!

zerofort
03-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Have you sold the pet zues?

Zeus
03-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Have you sold the pet zues?

Yes, it was sold a while ago before I announced my support for Munch...the assumptions need to end.

zerofort
03-21-2016, 06:05 PM
A while ago?? What 4 days ago lol. Anyway zues tskk tsk you know better then this. You fought so hard 2 nerf breeze cuz it ruined pvp now cuz u can make a buck ur supporting a equivalent banish attack smh