PDA

View Full Version : Pure Int the way to go? What skills are you guys maxing?

WhoIsThis
07-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Out of curiosity, how is everybody doing their builds?

Right now, I feel like this class feels a bit underpowered compared to the operative. Idk - runs are very fast with 1 engineer and 4 dex operatives. They are much slower once more engineers are introduced. It's understandable - this is a beta and there will be balance issues to be addressed.

What skills are you guys maxing?

The other concern is the DOT - I'm not sure how well this wills stand up in PvP to operative or commando skills.

Register
07-09-2011, 12:12 PM
im sorry but what is DOT?

Conradin
07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
DOT is damage over time. I think engineers should max str

sabermage
07-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Transference is an awesome skill. I have it at 5.

Zeus
07-09-2011, 07:42 PM
So jealous. Lol, I am this close to cracking and going to buy a Verizon Droid just for the beta, then returning it after it is done and canceling the contract under the 30 day refund policy.

Zbooo
07-09-2011, 08:17 PM
DoT is Damage Over Time.

Conradin
07-09-2011, 08:19 PM
So jealous. Lol, I am this close to cracking and going to buy a Verizon Droid just for the beta, then returning it after it is done and canceling the contract under the 30 day refund policy.

Im just as jealos- I got to play on my friends for a minute and I tell you its gooood.

Diodge
07-10-2011, 03:50 PM
pl in the future

Arterra
07-10-2011, 06:27 PM
i checked out what stats would give me and ended up with pure int. most damage, medium hit%. its not like we can dual it up anyway...

WhoIsThis
07-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Anybody think pain is worth putting more points into?

Junside
07-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I maxed pain and it's not amazing. Can't really tell. I'm gonna try maxing leech in my next respec

Zbooo
07-11-2011, 12:19 AM
5 Leech 5 Empathy 5 Trans 1 Pain 1 Protection 1 Wither 1 Revive

My set up and its the best so far you might switch protection for the force field if you want the extra M/S

Zbooo
07-11-2011, 12:46 AM
I maxed pain and it's not amazing. Can't really tell. I'm gonna try maxing leech in my next respec

Pain is not worth maxing.

Junside
07-11-2011, 02:54 AM

You're right. I found that out myself as part of using my plat to test each skill at max at level 21. Also, I wouldn't follow your skill set up since I find no use for all of them. I tried it and it did not feel like "the best".

Zbooo
07-11-2011, 10:28 PM

You're right. I found that out myself as part of using my plat to test each skill at max at level 21. Also, I wouldn't follow your skill set up since I find no use for all of them. I tried it and it did not feel like "the best".

The reason I say it is because wither isn't really that useful Trans Empathy and Leech are you best skills, Protection its just the buff but I might end up taking it off.... I would replace the Wither for Pain at lvl 2, because Pain is better than wither and revive is just to res.

Raulur
07-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Protection is worth maxing in my opinion. I noticed once that I maxed it that I didn't have to spam empathy as much, saving mana. Currently I have empathy and protection maxed, with transferrence probably being third. I hardly used the mez, and it had a very short range; got rid of it totally. Same with wither... Waste of mana. Also got rid of the shield, but I may end up putting one point back in it. Don't have pain yet at level 15. The group armor buff is so good at max that I may steal a point or two from empathy and add them to transference or leech instead.

If this sounds like a buff-bot, that is basicly how I play my engie. Buff, dps on regular mobs, leech and transferrence on bosses. Much easier than my operative, but the op does a ton more damage.

Zbooo
07-14-2011, 12:57 PM
In my opinion Protection is good maxing if your a Solo Engi, just because Leech Empathy and Transference are your main forms of surviving, I haven't seen that many Engineers that have maxed Protection, now that release is around the corner I might max it later on in the game.

iLikeTurtles
07-18-2011, 04:32 PM
revive isnt just to rez in fact it gives a very nice hidden buff that lasts awhile, so if your not putting it into your buff rotation you should probably think about changing it, but that doesnt mean max out revive either, 1 point is still fine.

JaytB
07-18-2011, 05:44 PM
revive isnt just to rez in fact it gives a very nice hidden buff that lasts awhile, so if your not putting it into your buff rotation you should probably think about changing it, but that doesnt mean max out revive either, 1 point is still fine.

Are you talking about PL now? O.o

iLikeTurtles
07-18-2011, 06:01 PM
no i dont play PL

iLikeTurtles
07-18-2011, 06:03 PM
1 Revive is essential for two reasons; to bring your team back from the dead, i.e. Zombify them, and to give yourself/team a nice 1 point M/S boost. This can be critical to all teammates and effectively doubles your base M/S. (You can combine this with Force Shield to bump your M/S to 3). Go Check the survival guide i got this excerpt from there and use it all the time.

This skill also has a super-secret hidden buff that lasts for a ridiculously long amount of time. When casted, the skill provides an additional 1 mana regen, 1 damage, 1 DPS, and 1 armor for around a minute. The mana regen is perhaps the most important as gear in Star Legends does not (barely) improve your M/S or H/S. If you combine this with the Force Shield skill you can bump your M/S to 3.

Raulur
07-19-2011, 12:39 PM
My latest respec at L20 is

5 empathy
1 res
1 force shield
6 protection
5 tranferrence
1 pain

Liking this one a lot. I use shield mainly for the mana regen after casting protection and res for the buffs. I'll probably max transferrence next, maybe empathy. I suspect that some variation of this build is going to very popular around 20/21. The first 2 skills don't seem to do enough damage to be of much use in Delta-7, although they are essential at low levels.

bronislav84
07-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Looks like a variation of my build (Posted in noneo's thread) and would go great partied up with mine.

And yes Int seems to provide the most benefit to the class, while not being exceptionally squishy.

Osehal
08-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Im going pure Int, no point in str due to massive armor buffs and more point in Int than Dex And protection is way better than force shield due to length and party buffs.

Weagledan
08-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Nothing too earth shattering, but I'm playing around with this build at lvl 21

5 empathy
1 res
5 force shield
6 transference
3 pain

I'm not completely in agreement with you guys that pain is worthless yet. It seems to help a lot with the large mobs (like in motherload) that can't be killed instantly. If anything, it keeps them stunned for a few seconds while the smaller mobs are taken out. Just my 2c

- Genesis

Reiinfahl
12-23-2012, 04:26 PM
About 70% int and 30% str. str gives you pretty descent stats as an engineer, what some people don't know. You should have empathy and trans maxed as an engineer, or at least close to it. The protection spells dont work as we'll as their supposed to. There's another forum about it, check it out. Not really worth having in the long run. Pain is great for bosses, or heavily armored enemies. Just at lvl 23 right now, can give better insight as soon as I level some more.

Orthrys
02-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Engis should go full INT and max Empathy, Revive, Transference, Pain and Sonic Boom (in my opinion). Maybe even Decay, if possible. Transference is a vital skill for engis because of the AoE and healing properties. Sonic Boom is the only other AoE skill, and admit it, they really help while tanking.

Runs with more than two engis are slow because of the DoT. Ops have high DPS and comms just need to tank and take down enemies. Engis may have high weapon dps (though not as high as ops) but their skill DoT makes runs slow.

I hope I helped. :)

Spacetimesoul
03-20-2021, 09:00 PM
Is pure INT still the way to go for optimum survivability?