PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Cydonia - a helpful, friendly guild, welcomes all!

Pages : 1 [2]

Deathpunch
10-27-2011, 06:28 AM
how do i join? im really interested in an active guild that will help me out from time to time. thanks!!! :) :)

Go to kocguild DOT com and check out the recruitment section.

LelouchX
10-27-2011, 12:19 PM
how do i join? im really interested in an active guild that will help me out from time to time. thanks!!! :) :)

Look at my post directly above this one you posted for intructions

joker2wild
10-27-2011, 08:46 PM
We recently demoted a lot of officers due to a few reasons, including inactivity. Pm me, ebalere or mayhem in game and we can discuss this further with you :)

I can understand where you are coming from. But, after informing several ppl including a few officers and GM of my absence, I cannot be made to understand that my demotion while gone was a "necessary function " for guild stability. This a flipping game for enjoyment, and this structure of guild politics is the MAIN reason I quit other mmo's

sent from my ICS - powered NS4G

Deathpunch
10-28-2011, 06:29 AM
The guild forums might be a better place for this discussion. :)

-----
Sent from my Evo 3D

Mothwing
10-28-2011, 05:17 PM
I can understand where you are coming from. But, after informing several ppl including a few officers and GM of my absence, I cannot be made to understand that my demotion while gone was a "necessary function " for guild stability. This a flipping game for enjoyment, and this structure of guild politics is the MAIN reason I quit other mmo's

Hey joker, tbh...i think you couldve just handled this by talking to skav in game. Im sure he wouldve understood and promoted u right away. But i think the reason for all these demotions is because the gm's want a good group of highly active responsible players. And the officers we have right now are a great example of that. Imo, its awesome being in a guild and not having the stressful job of an officer. I just like to hang low and dodge all the drama. Then again thats just my opinion. But you dont need to get all uppidy on this page because ur not an officer.

The guild forums might be a better place for this discussion. :)

-----
Sent from my Evo 3D

I agree 100%

joker2wild
10-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey joker, tbh...i think you couldve just handled this by talking to skav in game. Im sure he wouldve understood and promoted u right away. But i think the reason for all these demotions is because the gm's want a good group of highly active responsible players. And the officers we have right now are a great example of that. Imo, its awesome being in a guild and not having the stressful job of an officer. I just like to hang low and dodge all the drama. Then again thats just my opinion. But you dont need to get all uppidy on this page because ur not an officer.

I agree 100%

You know Moth, you are 100% right. It could have been handled differently, But from coming in from the ground floor, helping ppl grind, donating a crap ton of stuff to the guild bank, etc, My reward was to be made an officer. I was real proud of that, but all of sudden I had to bounce out of the country, make sure my younger brother was ok, make sure I kept my job, and when I come back to run with my guild, I find that I got demoted for no other reason than "stream lining" the guild, as if be inactive for a good reason was seriously effecting the entire guild. I had dealt with the same crap in other mmos, and essentially got burnt out. When I try to make a come back in a guild I see that nothing per say has changed.

LelouchX
10-29-2011, 02:43 PM
@joker, have u checked ur pms here?

pizzaman
10-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Hey Joker,

Although you probably deserved your rank much more than me, I'm in pretty much the same position. I've also lost my officer status because I had real life stuff to tend to. And the scarce hours I was online, all the GM's were not, because of time zones.

I too was slightly disappointed, because, like you, I had done all I could for the guild, helping people grind, donating stuff, etc. But being an officer is considered a job rather than a symbol of status or a reward for invested effort. We didn't show up for a while. Now, we lost our rank. BUT we're still welcome in the company and hopefully our previous contributions will put us first in line for a (re) promotion.

PL and SL were intended as casual games, that can also be played for just 15 minutes and are easy to get back into if you've been offline for a while. But (apparently) that changes a bit in the group dynamics of a guild.

I'm sure that when the guild becomes more stable, one can only loose a rank for intentionally doing something bad to the guild. Then it would be considered an honour to be an officer, rather than just a job.

But for now, they have a young, starting guild to manage and I'm sure these decisions were taken with care.

Olz
10-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Um I thought the gm would like to know that today I got let in by a officer the beginning of his name was fire then I can't remember rest and then I have lunch come back and I get kicked out by blind for no reason!!!
I thought u lot would like to know.

Blind
10-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Um I thought the gm would like to know that today I got let in by a officer the beginning of his name was fire then I can't remember rest and then I have lunch come back and I get kicked out by blind for no reason!!!
You were clearly told on both sts and koc forums that we are not recruiting currently. When i saw your threads and then found you got recruited in the game, i booted you. And don't worry fireman is gonna be dealt with the same way.

EDIT: Sorry if i sounded harsh, it's not your fault after all.

Mothwing
10-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Although im probably not in the position to be saying this,

Yes guys unfortunately there was downsizing. The gm's want a clean slate for the guild and officers who can be active. Its funny to see how many people are mad they arent officers anymore. Im mean guys, its just a title...you should be glad you werent kicked out of the guild for being unactive. KOC's not even recruiting right now so im not even sure that the officers are any better than the members (besides their hard work). If you still dont see my point i hope you talk to skav. And again please post these kinds of things on the KOC boards next time so we dont get outside drama. Thx

Olz
10-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Yo guys sorry but it's just really annoying the one guild u wanna join and there not recruiting then you wait and you get let in then suddenly BAM your not it's just really annoying.
Sorry if I caused a commotion.

Deathpunch
10-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Yo guys sorry but it's just really annoying the one guild u wanna join and there not recruiting then you wait and you get let in then suddenly BAM your not it's just really annoying.
Sorry if I caused a commotion.

You're impatience is causing you more issues than you needed. Might even cost you being recruited into the guild. Might not be a bad idea for you to explore other options at this time.

LelouchX
10-31-2011, 11:57 AM
@Olz, when you don't get your way (getting an invite) and are told we are not recruiting and to please be patient until we are, that did not mean look for another officer to try to get an invite. We are revising recruitment procedures to keep "bad apples" out of KoC (RECRUITMENT IS CLOSED TO EVERYONE UNTIL THAT IS FINISHED), and this is the type of behavior that is unwelcome unfortunately, which is why we will not be screening or inviting you when recruitment has resumed. GMs do know of the situation and agree the right action was taken.

For all those interested, please don't take this post as a message that you are unwelcome. Regardless of age, we are trying to build a mature guild where people respect one another. Anyone who is not a "bad apple" should have no worries about getting through any new screening procedures. If you think this is the place for you, your patience is appreciated, and still feel free to add an officers, or ask any member if an officer is online to chat with etc. Although i generally don't do this, until recruiting procedures are opened again, i will accept any and every friend request, so feel free to add me if I am not logged in, and look for me to chat if you would like. My main in Eyeofnewt.

@pizzaman, thanks for your insights. Right now, officers are doing a lot of work. I have been an officer for a while and always tried to be helpful in that position, and i can assure you that i spend less time actually playing and more time helping to stabilize the guild with other officers and gms than ever before. I probably play when i am logged on about 10% of the times. So this is what being an officer is truly about, it is not just a title, it is a responsibility i'm dedicated to fulfilling. I hope everyone will keep this in mind. also, don't feel shy to approach any officer if you have concerns or suggenstions. if we dont respond right away, keep in mind we are very busy. and you are right, any demoted are still welcome as members. It shouldn't be taken offensively that officers really do need to show a presence in game, even in one that is a casual game. Officers don't get the luxury of logging in for 15 min a week, but members do!

Olz
10-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Fine oh well I see eb has left and you are falling apart so I have joined another.

Fac3bon3s
10-31-2011, 01:26 PM
Fine oh well I see eb has left and you are falling apart so I have joined another.

Maybe you can make another thread called " KoC is dead" and get that one locked as well. I've never seen anyone as impatient and disrespectful as you have been to the guild(s) you are looking to be recruited into. Sorry members of KoC but this kid really bothers me. He is constantly trying to bash the guilds that either remove him or don't let him in.

arischal
10-31-2011, 01:30 PM
You were clearly told on both sts and koc forums that we are not recruiting currently. When i saw your threads and then found you got recruited in the game, i booted you. And don't worry fireman is gonna be dealt with the same way.

EDIT: Sorry if i sounded harsh, it's not your fault after all.

Fireman was outta town for a bit so I'm sure he didn't know koc wasn't recruiting ...

Olz
10-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Ok I understand what your saying and I'm sorry I really don't want to be hated do plz just forget about me I will stay out of the way of koc and plz can you not hate me.
Thank you and sorry

LelouchX
10-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok I understand what your saying and I'm sorry I really don't want to be hated do plz just forget about me I will stay out of the way of koc and plz can you not hate me.
Thank you and sorry
Don't think i hate you, it's not what I'm about. KoC just isn't the place for you. Best of luck.

joker2wild
10-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Fireman was outta town for a bit so I'm sure he didn't know koc wasn't recruiting ...

So an officer was out of town and still kept his promotion, I on the other hand get an no reply email that says my account on the koc website gets deleted.......awesome guild guys

sent from my ICS-powered NS4G

Deathpunch
10-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Dont worry man i feel the same way. The really immature thing is they dont come and talk to you afterwards so you still feel confused, mad, and like crud. Oh well, the best thing you can do is move on.

Lol! Your situation is nothing like joker's.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Mothwing
10-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Lol! Your situation is nothing like joker's.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Ive been told to stay off this thread and i plan to follow those rules...but to hear something like this after im tryin to help a bro out? Man bud, ouch. Ive tried to get over what happened, but everytime i see one of your smart remarks i cant help but defend myself. I still am shocked by what happened. I never meant to hurt u, but it seems like i cant keep myself away. Just try not to tear apart everyones lives k?

Appreciate it,
Moth

Bakoffmycandy
10-31-2011, 11:27 PM
I've never seen anyone as impatient and disrespectful

You would be very surprised. When I started Update I ran in to all kinds in 1 big wave.

On another note, This did cause a very big commotion amongst KOC, but none the less. We are still a Strong Guild with quality members and good friends :emmersed:
Did loose some & they will be missed, unfortunately these things happen.

LelouchX
11-01-2011, 01:03 AM
So an officer was out of town and still kept his promotion, I on the other hand get an no reply email that says my account on the koc website gets deleted.......awesome guild guys

Joker, you left the guild, and after you did, i sent you a pm here, hoping there was some way to convince you to come back. I was trying to see things from your side, and i respect why you had to take a hiatus. However, the fact stands that u gave me no indication you planned to return to KoC, so yes, your account was deleted. If i quit my job, i lose all the perks that comes with it; health insurance, work email, christmas bonus. Why are you surprised that when you quit the guild you lost access to the guild forum? I'm sorry it turned out this way, but this seems to be how it turned out.

And a note to anyone else that leavee the guild - this is a direct copy/paste from what i have put up on the announcement section of KoC forum, and i believe it is fair:
"If leaving KoC is what you think is right for you, by all means do so. This game should be enjoyable, and if you aren't finding that in KoC then you should find it elsewhere. However, if you leave without specifically telling an officer you want any of your alts to stay in the guild, expect them to be booted and have your forum account deleted swiftly. With that said, i truly hope KoC is the place that brings you enjoyment in SL."

Deathpunch
11-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Bah, this is not the place for this. Sorry you all left / were booted. You made your choices, lets leave it be. Thanks. :D

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

arischal
11-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Bah, this is not the place for this. Sorry you all left / were booted. You made your choices, lets leave it be. Thanks. :D

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Word. I love this guild been here since beta. Don't need to be an officer, just happy to be in one of the best guilds!

LelouchX
11-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Word. I love this guild been here since beta. Don't need to be an officer, just happy to be in one of the best guilds!
Glad to hear it! If people don't realize, officers have lots of responsibilities, and if the only reason someone wants to be an officer is for the title, than KoC isn't the right place for you. Now if you want to spend about 90% of your time in game not actually playing, but handling issues, and having to use massive amount of plat to keep up with level cap, then by all means, prove you deserve to be an officer and you will be recognized whenever gms decided to promote again. Oh, i think i left out 4 hours of sleep a night.

joker2wild
11-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Joker, you left the guild, and after you did, i sent you a pm here, hoping there was some way to convince you to come back. I was trying to see things from your side, and i respect why you had to take a hiatus. However, the fact stands that u gave me no indication you planned to return to KoC, so yes, your account was deleted. If i quit my job, i lose all the perks that comes with it; health insurance, work email, christmas bonus. Why are you surprised that when you quit the guild you lost access to the guild forum? I'm sorry it turned out this way, but this seems to be how it turned out.

And a note to anyone else that leavee the guild - this is a direct copy/paste from what i have put up on the announcement section of KoC forum, and i believe it is fair:
"If leaving KoC is what you think is right for you, by all means do so. This game should be enjoyable, and if you aren't finding that in KoC then you should find it elsewhere. However, if you leave without specifically telling an officer you want any of your alts to stay in the guild, expect them to be booted and have your forum account deleted swiftly. With that said, i truly hope KoC is the place that brings you enjoyment in SL."

I love that after jumping in this guild from the beginning that you forget the basics. Joker was my ALT, not my main. Sonny following your logic respectfully, anyone who takes their alts out the guild automatically gets the main toon kicked too.........ok

roufus
11-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I like koc and joker stormed off cause he got demoted

roufus
11-01-2011, 02:05 PM
I think its more about inactive officers coming back and not knowing what's going on in the guild that has been some awkward moments

Cahaun
11-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I have noticed something different when I came back from my "break" (lets call it that) and I am kinda of the person who stands in the middle of the street wondering why the light is getting brighter so can someone post a five paragraph post that quickly outlines the current news on this forum or the koc one. :p
Basically saying... So what is wrong and how may I help? :confused:

LelouchX
11-01-2011, 02:43 PM
yes roufus, exactly.

and i've made countles attempts to find out everyone's mains/alts, and many cooperated. thos who don't get their alts "cleaned up" accidentially as we un-bloat the guild list. we require registration on the forum, so everyone is expected to read announcements there, and everything being done has been announced first.
people are complaining about a loose structure, so yes, people leaving without giving a reason will have all their toons booted. a little courtesy goes a long way, and those for those who are cooperating with new procedures, thank you very much.

I'm done commenting on the same issues over and over. people can scroll back to read comments and pm me if needed. no need for this guild thread to become a flame.

LelouchX
11-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I have noticed something different when I came back from my "break" (lets call it that) and I am kinda of the person who stands in the middle of the street wondering why the light is getting brighter so can someone post a five paragraph post that quickly outlines the current news on this forum or the koc one. :p
Basically saying... So what is wrong and how may I help? :confused:
There are a bunch of announcement on the KoC forum, so check them out, and if there is anything unclear i can talk to you in game tonight.
Also, what is your forum name on KoC forum? I seen you around in game on "abekrie" but i dont see that name or cahaun on the KoC forum

roufus
11-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Newt is so helpful

Deathpunch
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Alright guys, please, and I'm asking as nicely as I can, quit flaming this thread. This is not the place to discuss guild politics. That would be the guild forum. If you can't access the guild forum because your account has been banned, for whatever reason, then you have no need to discuss guild politics. I would suggest forgetting about it and finding another guild more sutible to you.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

joker2wild
11-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Alright guys, please, and I'm asking as nicely as I can, quit flaming this thread. This is not the place to discuss guild politics. That would be the guild forum. If you can't access the guild forum because your account has been banned, for whatever reason, then you have no need to discuss guild politics. I would suggest forgetting about it and finding another guild more sutible to you.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

joker2wild
11-01-2011, 10:03 PM

I think the word you are looking for is "subtle". Still waiting to for an answer on how I take one alt out of guild , not my MAIN, I stress , and I lose all access to the guild and the website. I do feel like this episode is reminiscent of W.o.W in its heyday

Deathpunch
11-01-2011, 10:16 PM
I think the word you are looking for is "subtle". Still waiting to for an answer on how I take one alt out of guild , not my MAIN, I stress , and I lose all access to the guild and the website. I do feel like this episode is reminiscent of W.o.W in its heyday

You would need to contact a GM via pm. As an aside, your main and alt were removed, as well.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

Jake Miller
11-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Necro - KoC Member Since Beta
and very proud of it! love my guild and always stickin around 4 em
i love to get my grind on so next time u see me online...
you better pop an enhancer n join me!

alts - Killaholic and Cydonian

Kalibos
11-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Been a member for about a month or so. This is the place where people can learn the ropes about Star Legends. Contact me in game and I can show you some true KOC hospitality

Princesssa7508
11-09-2011, 02:15 PM
What can I say...... Ummmh.... This guild is another home for me, like a vacation house

I LOVE KOC

Deathpunch
11-15-2011, 01:38 AM
Just a shameless bump and a notification that we are accepting applications for recruitment.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Reksha
11-24-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm looking for a guild. Forgot the email I used for my old pl forums account. Nbd. I'd consider myself quite active, added all gms in game. Just lms when I can get an invite

Edit: in game name is Anifis

DRONE769
11-24-2011, 01:51 PM
message removed

Ebalere
11-24-2011, 04:56 PM
I'd like to direct all applicants toward Infinity Union's guild thread, as that is what you're looking for if you want to get in contact with the remnants of the old glory of KoC.

DRONE769
11-25-2011, 08:03 AM
message removed

Opticscopez
11-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Add Content

Opticscopez
11-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Good guild!

Cascade
11-26-2011, 04:24 PM
IU is only for SL right?

Deathpunch
11-26-2011, 04:37 PM
IU is only for SL right?

Correct.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D.

DRONE769
12-02-2011, 04:04 PM
i got kicked? is KoC... over!?!?

Olz
12-02-2011, 04:46 PM
i got kicked? is KoC... over!?!?
Yep

morfic
12-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Gasp!

LelouchX
12-06-2011, 07:44 PM
I'd like to direct all applicants toward Infinity Union's guild thread, as that is what you're looking for if you want to get in contact with the remnants of the old glory of KoC.
qft

Runescape
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I would like so much to join you guys, add me ingame (Runescapee). I always wanted to join an active guild!

Deathpunch
03-23-2012, 02:37 AM
I would like so much to join you guys, add me ingame (Runescapee). I always wanted to join an active guild!

Ha! KoC is probably the exact opposite of active.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

ArtStar
03-23-2012, 04:21 AM
Lolol

Hellcurse
03-24-2012, 10:44 PM
wow i thought this guild was extinct lol

ArtStar
03-24-2012, 10:48 PM

It is.
Ha ha, I do believe Infinite Union and another guild are the new <koc> though.

Deathpunch
03-25-2012, 11:44 AM
It is.
Ha ha, I do believe Infinite Union and another guild are the new though.

Infinite Union got the lions share of ex Knights. Anyone want to join feel free to click the link in my sig.

Perhaps in body, but what KoC stood for lives on in IU.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Cahaun
03-28-2012, 05:06 PM
So far there is only one active KoC member...

Me lol

OvigorothO
03-28-2012, 05:11 PM
haha I was in there for a while before it died

OvigorothO
03-28-2012, 05:11 PM
there was some noob 25 bullying my friend kaytar

Deathpunch
04-02-2012, 04:10 PM
there was some noob 25 bullying my friend kaytar

Ok? And? Report them.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Darkjuster
05-05-2012, 03:56 AM
I think your guild is very very friendly.I am Darkjuster,level36 commando,which is in sparxtans and I'm sorry.But I still want my alt engineer Epicjuster in Knights Of Cydonia.I wish I could get in your guild,thank you.

Darkjuster
05-05-2012, 03:59 AM
Haha its Infinite Union and Project Twink,they both are very powerful.Now,Infinite Union is already in leaderboards! O.O

Darkjuster
05-05-2012, 04:03 AM
Omg infinite union=koc?

Darkjuster
05-05-2012, 04:04 AM
what is the android app name of this?

Darkjuster
05-05-2012, 04:06 AM
well nevermind im gonna go to infinite union

Deathpunch
05-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Haha its Infinite Union and Project Twink,they both are very powerful.Now,Infinite Union is already in leaderboards! O.O

What do you mean "already"? We've been on the boards a fair amount of time. Besides, leader boards don't mean anything.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Teddyache
05-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Way to keep this old KoC thread alive, DP!

For those new-ish to SL, KoC was the largest guild coming out of Beta but disbanded and split up eventually. Many went to IU, which was formed by senior KoC officers and GMs but there are others in many succesful SL guilds (V, Phoenix, TDS, to name a few.)

Just a brief history of KoC since this thread is still alive. Can we let it RIP now, Lmao!

Deathpunch
05-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Way to keep this old KoC thread alive, DP!

For those new-ish to SL, KoC was the largest guild coming out of Beta but disbanded and split up eventually. Many went to IU, which was formed by senior KoC officers and GMs but there are others in many succesful SL guilds (V, Phoenix, TDS, to name a few.)

Just a brief history of KoC since this thread is still alive. Can we let it RIP now, Lmao!

KoC will never be dead in my heart.

-----
Sent from my ICS powered HTC Evo 3D

Teddyache
05-09-2012, 10:31 PM
You missed a little reunion, DP. I converted to black and white for nostalgia's sake...

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h441/taitken12/9f17c930.jpg

KillaIngs
05-09-2012, 10:54 PM

pigeon
05-10-2012, 12:35 AM

The KoC reunion was a lot of fun! Thank you KillaIngs for the heads up and invite (:

I was really glad to see that a lot of us are still around and that we still hold such great bonds.

<3 Knights of Cydonia <3

ArtStar
05-10-2012, 12:40 AM
lol, bonds.

Cahaun
05-10-2012, 05:30 AM
<3 Knights of Cydonia <3
I love the pics. I'll post mine soon.

Teddyache
05-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Sideways please, for old times sake! :)